Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,189 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:52 PM

How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? (2397 Views)

Christians: How Does It Feel To Know GOD Exists? / How Can I Know God's Will And Be Led By The Spirit Of God? / I Want To Marry, How Do I Know God's Will? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by zarazara: 2:12am On Aug 28, 2008
How do you know God is talking to you? I am just wondering how we all hear from God,
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by IDINRETE: 9:47am On Aug 28, 2008
Which god?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
I call it madness. A jobless man once told me, that god told him to start a church in Nigeria.

I asked him the same question: how do you know it is god speaking with you and he said "I just know."

I was thinking god should be able to find you a job for him to tell you all these things.

I call it madness.    If he found a job like every other sensible person, he won't be speaking jagbajantis.

He also said god told him to start a conference for christians, worship center, publishing company and write books like oyedepo.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 2:39pm On Aug 28, 2008
Personally, I think that "god" may speak to people in dreams but thats it.

But when someone tells me "god said this and that" Then they are getting delusional and need to visit a psychiatrist.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by IDINRETE: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
in what language would that god be talking,

i presume that:
to the jews yahweh/jeovah talked in hebrew
to the arabs alhah talked in arabic
to the greeks zeus talked in greek
to the yorubas olodumare talked in yoruba
e.t.c grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2008
the popular belief is that god understands all languages. But the best way to speak back to god is to speak in tongues. lol. hehehehehe grin grin grin grin

I think you ask a good question of which god.? Because traditionalists will also tell you that god speaks with them, so will muslims, so will hindus, so will buddhists and all the various types of religions that exist.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Personally, I think that "god" may speak to people in dreams but thats it.

HOW do you know? did your god tell you that personally? Why cannot that dream come from eating too much eba?

madamkoko:

But when someone tells me "god said this and that" Then they are getting delusional and need to visit a psychiatrist.

What if i said "when someone tells me god spoke to me in a dream then they are getting delusional and need to visit a psychiatrist"?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2008
u have run mad. you don't know how stupid you sound. cry cry

my condolenses.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

u have run mad. you don't know how stupid you sound. cry cry

my condolenses.

i asked 2 valid questions, its ok to say "i dont know". wink
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by morpheus24: 7:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
I think it happens when you start hearing voices and hallucinating.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 7:50pm On Aug 28, 2008
Which of the gods?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2008
smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2008
mazaje:

Which of the gods?

perhaps madamkoko's "higher being" who talks to her in dreams.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
perhaps madamkoko's "higher being" who talks to her in dreams

Dont include my name in your conversation. You claim to be "smart" and should be able to present your nonsensical ideas without my name.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

perhaps madamkoko's "higher being" who talks to her in dreams.

perhaps
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 7:56pm On Aug 28, 2008
perhaps ki ni ? abeg jare.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2008
How do you know god is talking to you??

Answer; When you start hallucinating and hearing voices in your head.

In advanced countries you would be checked into a psychiatric institution, in Nigeria, you become a prophet.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:00pm On Aug 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

in Nigeria, you become a successful business man prophet.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
Okija_juju:

How do you know god is talking to you??

Answer; When you start hallucinating and hearing voices in your head.

In advanced countries you would be checked into a psychiatric institution, in Nigeria, you become a prophet.

Well said my man, i wonder what language god(Allah, buddah, skinviski, jehova etc) speak  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
By the way what is god? Man created god in his own image. Ye are gods
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

Dont include my name in your conversation. You claim to be "smart" and should be able to present your nonsensical ideas without my name.

That's pretty dumb to be honest unless you intend to go post on a personal blog. I'm not presenting an idea just yet, mazaje already knows where i stand, i'm merely poking fun at your own silly claims. Isnt that what you do to ours?  grin

you say we hallucinate and need psychiatric help when we say God speaks to us . . . arent you suffering from the same problems if you claim a "higher being" speaks to you in dreams?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 28, 2008
mazaje:

By the way what is god? Man created god in his own image. Ye are gods

that was the exact trick the serpent used to decieve the woman.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2008
nt you suffering from the same problems if you claim a "higher being" speaks to you in dreams?

I am implying that i'm more likely to believe if someone tells me that god spoke to them in a dream. For instance, based on the bible, which you believe in god spoke to Joseph and others through dreams. I never said me.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2008

the bible tells you a story and you believe it. cry cry cry
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

the bible tells you a story and you believe it. cry cry cry

just the same way you personally believe a higher being exists and he talks to you in your dream. What's the difference? grin

Pot calling kettle black sound familiar to you?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Aug 28, 2008
davidylan:

which serpent? the one the bible says will eat dust and crawl on its belly? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
There is this freaky shit that goes on in most churches today.

During prayers or worship or preaching sessions, Some dude/dudette (mostly women), will jump out of their seats, start spinning around, talking gibberish (tongues), then come to rest on the floor and start talking;

"Thus saith the lord"

After spilling their guts out, everybody will start cowering in fear that God has just spoken through that person.

Now I ask u, What is the difference between that person and an insane man/woman on the road??

Answer; One is in church, the other is on the street.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ Okija_juju L O L

Pls don't killing me with laughter. heheheheheheheheeheehehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2008
@ davidylan I never said anything talks to me in dreams.

Wait: How old are you ? and what college did you attend ? Convenant ? L O L
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by mazaje(m): 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2008
I know a friend that is seriously in love with a girl(He told me so) but he has personal esteem problems and couldnt approach her, he went to the pastor and told him that god told him that the girl will be his future wife, imagine this happened just two days ago. i no fit shout. Niaja kai. The country is completely dead because of god and religion. why are people just deluding them selves? how long can we continue moving down this dangerous path?
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2008
madamkoko:

@ davidylan I never said anything talks to me in dreams.

Wait: How old are you ? and what college did you attend ? Convenant ? L O L

1. then how did you know a higher being can speak to people in dreams? he told you?
2. Just about old enough to dismiss people like you for the unstable, ignorant hypocrites you truly are.
3. covenant? nah.
Re: How Do You Know God Is Talking To You? by madamkoko: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
go back and read my posts. dont' have time for rubbish.

If I don't believe in your god how am I an hypocrite. Makes no sense. An hypocrite based on its definition is someone who believes but pretends no to. I have no reason to pretend.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKER!!!! We Heard Prophet Ajanaku Voice- Neighbours!!! / Translate Prayer From English To Yoruba. Please. / See What Is Spotted In Rivers State Abt Prophets That Has Got People Talking(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.