Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,163 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? (2585 Views)

Why A Blogger Should Never Copy And Paste / How Do I Transfer My Wordpress website to replace an existing website in Cpanel / I Need Help On Php Mysql Anyone Who Can Assit Me With Soft Copy Or Explan Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by jeshurun07: 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2008
i want to if there is a way i can transfer information (eg. names, email addresses and so on) from paper into a form/spreadsheet (eg. on excel) without having to go thru the stress of typing it out.

if there is any sensible way i would like to know asap.
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by uspry1(f): 5:50am On Aug 29, 2008
1. buy flatbed scanner with OCR (Optical Recognization Characters) software installing your computer/laptop then you scan your paper where OCR pick up all characters from paper into PDF document using free download Adobe Reader to open for view.

2. Open your latest version of word processing software, you can copy and paste from PDF document into word processing without retyping them. All you do is copy and paste back and forth both word document and PDF document.

3. Once done finishing copy and paste, then you print Word document out.

Do the same thing for Excel spreadsheet on step 1, 2, 3 mentioned above, cool! Also it works on Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator too!!!
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by emmys: 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2008
Fella,
Why not ask someone having HP scanner (scanjet20400) software. You can also get it at the Computer Village, Ikeja, if you reside in Lagos.
The software comes with Read I.R.I.S OCR software. Install it alone when installing the HP and later uninstall the HP software. I hope you find this piece of information useful.
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by babanne(m): 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
uspry and emmys,

great info there.nice to know that there are technology oriented people out there.keep it up.

http://oilandgasandbankingjobsnigeria.com
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by jeshurun07: 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2008
thanx guys,
this was very helpful. i really appr8 ur help.

take care o urself
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by macworks: 10:47am On Sep 03, 2012
You Can also allow these guys do it for you at a little cost, these guys made my data collection a breeze

http://wixform.com

and its Proudly Nigerian Technology
Re: How Do I Transfer From Paper To Soft Copy Without Typing? by havilahgroup: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
Hi,

The quickest way to go around this is to

1. Open the Google Drive app .
2. In the bottom right, tap Add .
3. Tap Scan .
4. Take a photo of the document you'd like to scan.
Adjust scan area: Tap Crop .
Take photo again: Tap Re-scan current page .
Scan another page: Tap Add .
5. To save the finished document, tap Done .

If you intend to scan in bulk, you can head over to http://www.havilahgroup.ng/scanning/ or just visit 2, Allen Avenue, Akin Taylor Estate, Ikeja.

jeshurun07:
i want to if there is a way i can transfer information (eg. names, email addresses and so on) from paper into a form/spreadsheet (eg. on excel) without having to go thru the stress of typing it out.

if there is any sensible way i would like to know asap.

(1) (Reply)

Top Best Free Email Or Webmail Hosting Services For Your Own Domain / LAGOS Professional Training On Web Design&development With Certification.. / Buy, Sell And Rent Anything On Advert.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.