Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Wimbledon - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon (3224 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2006
Is this forum a strictly football and basketball forum only, are there any tennis fans in the house, pls tell me I'm not the only one! Don't make me leave NL! Will anyone beat Federer this year, James Blake's playing well, any chance this yr we'll see the 1st African American male champ since Ashe, will Roddick or Nadal finally beat the big man on grass? What about the gals, a Russian or Justin, will Martina make a comeback, are the curtains finally drawn on the Williams show? Talk to me guys, don't make me leave NL now! wink
Re: Wimbledon by Akolawole(m): 10:11am On Jun 29, 2006
Its unfortunate that the World cup is taking shine off this year's wimbledon.

Imagine, i only watched Federer and Henman's match.
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 10:41am On Jun 29, 2006
Not good enough sir! angry you must watch everything, all the football all the tennis, basketball, formula 1, athletics, everything! thats what summer's all about, take it all in. grin yea, didn't Federer make Tim look small, poor Tim, I think he should put his rackets in the cellar, whats the point of hanging on if you don't have a chance in hell of winning anything!
Re: Wimbledon by Akolawole(m): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2006
I dont like Formular 1 at all because it is dominated by a particula colour.
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 10:58am On Jun 29, 2006
Yea, green

it's all about the benjamins dude!
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2006
I am just happy that Agassi passed the first round - no matter how old he is, he will always be one of my best players.
I thought they dealt with Martina Hingis but she's back. I don't even want her to win her next game, her personality stinks.
I cannot believe that Federer beat Tim Henman 6 - 0 in one set. Even though Federer is very good, that should have been a tough match. I think Tim has lost his magic.
And finally, after the world cup, I think i will now concentrate fully on the wimbledon.  grin
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 29, 2006
Hi J kiss so your an Agassi lover are you, well he's meeting Nadal in 3rd round, think his bones might be a bit too cranky to survive that one sad Why you hating on Martina? she's my babe, we go wey back, she's alright and she's back! into 3rd round already. wink
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 10:41pm On Jun 29, 2006
Hi Shagari. kiss
I ain't hating on her - i just don't like her. She makes me cringe so proud yet so annoying. If you and her go way back lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Just wait till Hingis faces someone that will take her down like a brick. grin
See the way Nadal struggled to beat Kendrick. As far as I am concerned, Kendrick was the better player but he got tired. I hope Agassi whoops his behind. Agassi def must go out in style this wimbledon since it's his last.
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 7:15am On Jun 30, 2006
Hmmn, don't think so hun, he might brake his hip or som'n, the guys like 100hrs old! cheesy
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 7:44am On Jun 30, 2006
He is not breaking anything. All you enemies of progress will not let my Agassi rest. Don't swear for the guy oh.
Re: Wimbledon by diddy4(m): 8:25am On Jun 30, 2006
agassi is a real good player. i aint a fan of tennis but the day i watched the guy play changed eerthing. he is tigh and i hope he wins. wink
Re: Wimbledon by salehm(m): 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2006
David Nalbadian Out!!!Wow then who's going to challenge Roger Since his Challenger on Grass is gone?
James Blake also out wow the big names been dusted out of the Wimbledon.Well we are going to watch out for Rafael Nadal
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 7:29am On Jul 01, 2006
They might as well give it to Federer now, so annoying angry
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 10:02am On Jul 01, 2006
Shagari, your girl - Hingis is out so what next?
Re: Wimbledon by retro(f): 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2006
I LOVE Wimbledon. I'm a Murray, Federer, Roddick, Henin, Clijsters, Venus fan. I'm supporting Henin and Clijsters more because I'm a Belgian.
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 1:46pm On Jul 01, 2006
Roddick, Federer, Agassi and someone else
For women, Sharapova and venus
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2006
j-girl:

Shagari, your girl - Hingis is out so what next?

tongue

Geriatric Agassi's out too, I'm worried about England at the mo, think their going out of the world cup cry
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2006
Guys we've got an agonising wait till the 4th to resume the beautiful game, so let me fill you in with some tennis in the mean time, cos I'm good like that grin

Well 4th round is starting in the singles

In the 3rd round
Murray beat Roddick ,
Geriatric Agassi lost to Nadal
Mario Ancic, Hewitt and Federer are through
James Blake and Nalbandian are out. sad

For the Ladies
Sharapova, Mauresmo, Myskina, Justine and Clijsters are through
Williams was kicked out by some Bulgarian gal sad
My babe Hingis and Kuznetsova are out too sad

Few surprises but the best yet to come. wink
Re: Wimbledon by retro(f): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2006
Bwahaha, it was fun watching Roddick get his a*s kicked, even though I love him. I'm for Murray!
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2006
Shagari, i am so sorry. I heard about that
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2006
about what?
Re: Wimbledon by sirwebs(m): 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2006
MURRAY AIN'T GOING NOWHERE.  Wh in hell will beat that spanish kid for me? I mean the king of clay. He should go and rest. This is grass. this is Federer's lawn.
Great Venus is gone. Sharapova is overated. The Belgian duo are the real thing.
Re: Wimbledon by retro(f): 10:23pm On Jul 02, 2006
sirwebs:

MURRAY AIN'T GOING NOWHERE. Wh in hell will beat that spanish kid for me? I mean the king of clay. He should go and rest. This is grass. this is Federer's lawn.
Great Venus is gone. Sharapova is overated. The Belgian duo are the real thing.

[size=50pt]Go Belgium!!![/size]
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 12:51am On Jul 03, 2006
About both Hingis and England letting you down.
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 6:30am On Jul 03, 2006
Well life's tough, I've since become a Federer fan and taken up French citizenship! Bonjour mademoiselle J grin
Re: Wimbledon by bolaoni(m): 5:59pm On Jul 04, 2006
OMG!

Didn't even know Wimbledon is ON! shocked

The WC don carry me go sef. Na wa o

What stage are they now? I was thinking maybe it will start after the world cup. Hope I haven't missed much! sad
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 11:03pm On Jul 04, 2006
Only people that support France against Portugal can read this  smiley , so stop if you don't!  angry

Wimbledon update

Ladies now into semi final

Sharapova
Clijsters  smiley
Mauresmo
Justine   are all through.

Mens quarter final

Federer  smiley
Nadal
Hewitt
Ancic
Nieminen
Bjorkman
Baghdatis
Stepanek

All through
Re: Wimbledon by jgirl3: 6:02am On Jul 05, 2006
Shagari, I would have been against Portugal but sorry, Ronaldo is too cute for me to be against wink
Since you're french now, Comment ca va?
Sharapova is who i am supporting now for the females and for males - Roger Federer. Who are you supporting apart from Clijsters?

Oh yeah - and why ain't you on the matchmaking thread? - It's hilarious
Re: Wimbledon by Shagari2(m): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2006
Hmmmm angry Portugal lover angry angry

Ca va bien, merci beaucoup grin

Supporting Federer and Clijsters but like petit Justine too.

Why aren't I on matchmaking thread, didn't know thats where its at, work too hard play too little I suppose, I drop by soon wink
Re: Wimbledon by bolaoni(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2006
Clijters against Harden? No way!

Believe Harden is going to take this Wimbledon jare.

Depending on the SF pairings, it may be the two of them for final, but I want La petit to win it! cool
Re: Wimbledon by retro(f): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2006
bolaoni:

Clijters against Harden? No way!

Believe Harden is going to take this Wimbledon jare.

Depending on the SF pairings, it may be the two of them for final, but I want La petit to win it! cool

No, they are playing today apparently. Clijsters vs Henin. It's just like Roland Garros! I wanted them for the finals but oh well.
Re: Wimbledon by emmy007: 1:44pm On Jul 05, 2006
i give this year's wimbledon to the french girl Mauresmo[/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Second Nigerian Tests Positive At Commonwealth Games / Barcelona Sacks Quique Setien / Good News To All Soccer Bet Players. 3 Fixed Matches With High Odds For Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.