Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? (1905 Views)

Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? / What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by bigfather(m): 2:29pm On Aug 31, 2008
This is  a situation whereby when a loved one is dead,the body is being burnt to ashes instead of being buried.

So guys would you like your loved ones to be CREMATED when they are dead ?

As for me ? Land still plenty for burial ground ( graveyard) , so can't subscribe to this . Guys what's your take on this ?
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Pepeye(f): 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2008
Definitely not
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 31, 2008
I will, yes.

I myself prefer to be cremated when I shuffle off this mortal core.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by MissyB1(m): 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2008
shocked embarassed shocked
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by SeanT21(f): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2008
HELL NO, I rather them or me be buried where I can visit the grave.

When someone is buried you still have a sense of feeling that they are there. When they are cremated, It gives me a sense that they do not exist anymore whatsoever.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2008
Taylor, you can scatter the ashes of a loved one, in a place that was special to them.
And visit this place, feel what they felt, feel they're still there.

But, I respect your opinion, cremation's not for everyone, same goes for burial.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by SeanT21(f): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
Siena:

Taylor, you can scatter the ashes of a loved one, in a place that was special to them.
And visit this place, feel what they felt, feel they're still there.

But, I respect your opinion, cremation's not for everyone, same goes for burial.

TRUE!!! That is not my thing.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by MrCrackles(m): 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
Cremation gini?!

God forbid bad thing!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by nana(f): 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2008
Brash!:

Cremation gini?!

God forbid bad thing!!!
Original 9 J A Man!  grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by MrCrackles(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
nana:

Original Nigeria Man! grin

standard love! cheesy
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by iice(f): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2008
Yes, if it was their wish.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by tope2000(f): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2008
If that is their wish, then its fine by me
if not, then NO
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
If that was their wish be4 death, sure.
Mind u, once dead, uh ave no idea what is happening to ur body.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2008
If it's their wish, I will. But I won't be there when the proceedings are going on, neither will I have anything thing to do with preserving or scattering ashes.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

If it's their wish, I will. But I won't be there when the proceedings are going on, neither will I have anything thing to do with preserving or scattering ashes.

What if the dead stated categorically that he/she want you to carry the ashes all the way from your base to another country to scatter into the sea?
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by sistawoman: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
if that is thier wish then i will do it.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
$$Rhino:

What if the dead stated categorically that he/she want you to carry the ashes all the way from your base to another country to scatter into the sea?

Why would the dead see it fit to punish me? grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 9:41pm On Sep 02, 2008
stillwater:

Why would the dead see it fit to punish me? grin

The dead just see u fit to be the one to take care of his/her remain, u seems to be the only one he/she cld trust.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by coolier(f): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2008
Yes. And I especially love the "The First Knight" style. You all remember the film that starred Richard Gere as the knight and Sean Connery as the king who later died and was cremated at sea. The part where the arrow was shot at the raft carrying the body and it went up in flames was so touching. Better than being eaten up by termites and crawling insects.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
$$Rhino:

The dead just see u fit to be the one to take care of his/her remain, u seems to be the only one he/she cld trust.

I'll employ the services of ashes carriers and scatterers. I won't do it!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hells Yeah!!

Light them up and use their ashes to plant a tree in memory of the person.

When I'm done with this life, I want to be cremated. and spread my ashes in the ocean (that way I can see the world even after I'm gone)
Who wants to be stuck in a box.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by bawomolo(m): 2:27am On Sep 03, 2008
u have no choice if it's in their will. i have no problem with cremation. personally i prefer to be buried along with at least a couple playboy bunnies cheesy
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
stillwater:

I'll employ the services of ashes carriers and scatterers. I won't do it!!!!!!!

How will u be ablet o sleep if u dont carry out what u have been told.
Will u be able to forgive urself and each time u think about the dead person, how will u feel?
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
$$Rhino:

How will u be ablet o sleep if u don't carry out what u have been told.
Will u be able to forgive yourself and each time u think about the dead person, how will u feel?

Do you think I'll be able to sleep with a dead friend's, lover's, relative's ashes---- the thought of scattering the ashes of someone I loved with my own hands? That's nightmarish!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by Tats(m): 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hell yes! grin

Have had a loved one who was cremated and ashes transported to another country for burial according to wishes.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by metodman(m): 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2008
I LIKE THIS THREAD SO MUCH!

U making me think of cremation as a better option than being buried in a box
  grin grin grin But dont scare me with that yet, I will know in 70years time. Cos i wanna live 100yrs
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by metodman(m): 4:32pm On Sep 03, 2008
What is Islam and Christianity views concerning this ?
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by SeanT21(f): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2008
metodman:

The Bible didnt say anything about this. Its Ya Choice!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2008
stillwater:

Do you think I'll be able to sleep with a dead friend's, lover's, relative's ashes---- the thought of scattering the ashes of someone I loved with my own hands? That's nightmarish!!!

u just being a chicken, the dead is gone no life to it anymore, some pple even have it displayed in their living room and it is no big deal, but can i do such, nope, why? cos i am just a rhino.

metodman:

I LIKE THIS THREAD SO MUCH!

You making me think of cremation as a better option than being buried in a box
grin grin grin But don't scare me with that yet, I will know in 70years time. Cos i want to live 100yrs

Death dont give notice, better to have a plan in place, if u want to be burried, u cld even pay for the plot now and have insurance on it, cos the plots are getting more expensive by day and the insurance will specify where you wanna be buried and the cost of trasporting your body to where u wanna be buried just incase you die in a different locatio will be covered by the insurance.

metodman:

Bible has nothing to say abt it, but not sure the islam's take on it.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by nana(f): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
Hmm. Dunno about cremation but my mum is already telling me she wants to donate her organs to NHS after her death and she is planning to fill the form.

I have an aunt who wants her organs donated to NHS and wishes to be cremated afterwards but her husband is still opposing.
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by HRhotness(f): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2008
Its cremation for me all d way baby. . .

i am a restless soul, a free spirit. .  i don't like d idea that in death we get sealed in a box and be buried

i'D much rather hav my ashes, scattered in the wind. .  everywhere and anywhere. .  FREEDOM!

As for my loved ones, its basically their decision. .  i'D much rather cremation too, not too keen on picturing their rotten corpses in graves
Re: Would You Allow Your Loved Ones To Be Cremated? by ssRhino: 1:45pm On Sep 04, 2008
HR.hotness:

Its cremation for me all d way baby. . .

i am a restless soul, a free spirit. . i don't lie d idea that in death we get sealed in a box and be buried

i'D much rather hav my ashes, scattered in the wind. . everywhere and anywhere. . FREEDOM!

As for my loved ones, its basically their decision. . i'D much rather cremation too, not too keen on picturing their rotten corpses in graves

na u biko jare

(1) (2) (Reply)

Girl Disgraced By Abuja Mob For Wearing Indecent Dress / Men Should Stay Away From DNA. / Why Do Adopted Children Get Angry When They Realise They Were Adopted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.