Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones (8253 Views)

Hilarious Photo: How Birthdays Are Celebrated In The Village / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / When Are You Too Old To Cry Openly Over A Lost Loved One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by nekaa(f): 1:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Since last year when I lost my momma, I was forced to wonder "when her birthday comes what am I expected to do on that day?" Carrying on like it meant nothing might be a little rude *I think*. And holding the day in the same esteem like when she was alive might seem weird, celebrating the birthday of a dead person just doesn't seem right.
I just wish I could tell my mom happy birthday today...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 01, 2014
If you are a catholic,do a thanksgiving to her,am sure that anything you use as your thanksgiving will definitely get to her

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Samiceman: 3:46am On Oct 01, 2014
A little party for her, pray for her soul...works for me
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Austyn44(m): 3:56am On Oct 01, 2014
Plant a tree in memory of my dad @least once in 2 yrs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by DICKtator: 3:57am On Oct 01, 2014

What makes you feel that she can't hear your birthday wishes to her?

grin grin grin grin
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by In2systemsTech(m): 3:59am On Oct 01, 2014
Still trying to figure out
What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Atmmachine(m): 4:10am On Oct 01, 2014
Make Eba & a delicious Okro soup for them grin grin grin

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Atmmachine(m): 4:12am On Oct 01, 2014
Travel to the spirit world & celebrate it with them.

2 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by 01mcfadden(m): 4:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Visit orphanages and help the less privileged. She will be happy you are doing this on her name.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by sammieguze(m): 4:22am On Oct 01, 2014
You already did my dear. May her soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

Btw... You can just pray for her with maybe your siblings.

Shalom

2 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by fatdon2(m): 4:24am On Oct 01, 2014
There is mourning, but avoid sulking the loved ones life
away and embrace
celebrating. "I'm having a
celestial birthday for dad. We
miss him and I don't want to
forget about him, so I'm celebrating.

3 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by yousee(m): 4:24am On Oct 01, 2014
Do nothing! Spirits don't eat cakes and take pictures

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Marvyx(m): 4:32am On Oct 01, 2014
Do something nice for the orphans and the less privileged and if your dad is still around, cook him his best meal just the way your mum prepared it when she was alive. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Ameboperoo(m): 4:52am On Oct 01, 2014
You're still celebrating b/d when the person is already dead? I think u should b more concerned about the anniversary.

1 Like

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by PeetaBishop(m): 5:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by dridowu: 5:53am On Oct 01, 2014
IMHO , Offer her your prayer by praying to God to overlook her short-coming and if possible do some little cooking by sharing it to the less priveldge.

5 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Innodon(m): 5:57am On Oct 01, 2014
Chai...My Sister. ...Her Birthday is on 13th Sept, and She died on 18th Dec,2013. I reflected on what life has been without her cos she used to celebrate her birthday in a big way b4 her demise. ....

1 Like

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by khassy(m): 6:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Sorry dear... Touching to me

Just dnt know if I can survive loosing my mum

That woman is everything to me

5 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by egesie(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2014
nekaa: Since last year when I lost my momma, I was forced to wonder "when her birthday comes what am I expected to do on that day?" Carrying on like it meant nothing might be a little rude *I think*. And holding the day in the same esteem like when she was alive might seem weird, celebrating the birthday of a dead person just doesn't seem right.
I just wish I could tell my mom happy birthday today...
Somedays are like that, same thing with me buh with ma bro buh mine got so bad I wished I could write letters n talk to him, we were inseparable, anytime his birthday passes, I feel incomplete.

1 Like

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Cpumping(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2014
Nothing
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by idu1(m): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Just say some prayer......... Rip to all our dead loved ones. And to my dad today is his birthday........continue to rest in peace. Amin.......

2 Likes

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Go to their favourite restaurant.
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by rezzy: 6:47am On Oct 01, 2014
Her birthday was on Val's day. I hate hearing happy val's day. It makes me remember her so badly.
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by gbaskiboy: 7:03am On Oct 01, 2014
Whao! I can see hw much u love ur momma, what a painful exit! The dead knew nothing, why can't u reflect on her positive lifestyle whilst still alive and see how u can imitate her so as to be loved by ur own kids. Remember the words of the wise one in Ecclessiates 7:1&2. Just reflect on d word of solomon d day of one's death is better dan day of one being born.
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by touchmeder: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Go on ur knees, thank God for her life and d wonderful time u shared while she was around. If you can visit an orphanage home, old people, hospice etc Or u can just drop sth 2wards d welfare group of ur church or mosque.
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by lawrenceunaa: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2014
as a Catholic na mass petition tinz undecided
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by ijbeauty(f): 7:28am On Oct 01, 2014
Really touching

I think a prayer will do, we pray for the repose of their souls!!

I wish you a true consolation on her demise....
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by Pavore9: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2014
As a Catholic, l book and attend memorial Mass for them.

1 Like

Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by lolaxavier(m): 7:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Well, as for me, I try as much as possible not to reflect on that day because it is definitely a sad moment. I lost my 24 year old brother to leukaemia two years ago and it is not always pleasant to recall the events surrounding his last moments.
In a nutshell, I try all I can to make it a normal day, though quite hard to do but I just have to.
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by nekaa(f): 7:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Looks like a mass is my sure bet.... thanks
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by miqos02(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2014
just remember them
Re: What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones by habex050: 8:01am On Oct 01, 2014
Hhhhhhhhmmn
God be with us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What People Are Buying Now For Arthritis - Knee Protector / How Women Behave In Pictures Before, During And After Their Menstrual Cycle. / For The Single And Searching

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.