Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! (1372 Views)

I Want To Revive My IT Career. Please Advice! / Which I.T. Career Is The Best, Most Lucrative And Most Profitable? / Should I Enroll For A Part-time Degree or Focus On It Career In Oracle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by basin4u(m): 5:05am On Jul 01, 2006
Please help me out and don't let my career to be jeopardise.  I have finished my diploma in System Information and Management. As I believed, and as the usual saying worldwide that IT is marketable globally and because we are in computer generation, so i think as soon as i finishe, job opportunities are awaiting out there. but to my wonderful suprise, i am still at home playing with my certificate instead to be working. why? you IT's out there why? i want you to do something now. There IT's co-worker saves me now I want to practicalize what I learnt in IT industry.
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by smartsoft(m): 5:49am On Jul 01, 2006
Awwwwwwwwwwww What are you really good at in IT?
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by basin4u(m): 5:55am On Jul 01, 2006
thanks my dear fellow uncle. i am at data management programming and computer networking or let me say system information and management.
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by parosky(m): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2006
basin4u
Who says your career can be jeopardised until you agree it is? At what level do you want to be playing? If at the level of those big time players that you are looking up to, I think you'll need to get more learning in any discipline that interest you. Those guys are no mediocres in education at all. That's talking about guys doing big time IT work. Nothing takes the place of learning - both formal and informal. Get a computer and work on your own, get attached to some people who can train you more. Your level of learning is so obvious in your short posting and you said you only have "diplomal in systme information, " among other errors right from the title of the thread. They all can't be typographical errors.
Then visit this site often.

All
Some people may not agree with my opinion because they think "grammar no be money" or Bill Gate did not get a formal education or that IT is an all-comer affair or some graduate have bad command of english. But this site goes a long way to project the depth of knowledge of Nigerians, and their command and knowledge of their language of instruction shows the world the stuff we are made of. I am not really particular about the command of english, just the level of education he's attained so far. Put one silly grammatical blunder in the comments of your code and your colleagues will be wondering what you are trying to do until they spend hours trying to study the code. A waste of their time which is uncalled for.
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by sbucareer(f): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2006

basin4u, don't be offended by parosky comment. But quite frankly Parosky is very right. When I was reading the thread I thought it was something to do with French or Spanish typo.

I know English is not our first language, but to be competitive in life you'd sand out from the crowd. It will not do any harm if English Language isn't your first language and you are struggling, to take extra classes to improve in our written and spoken English Language.

People always refer to Mr Bill Gates when it comes to computer, Mr Gate was a Geek and still is today. He studied Mathematics at Howard University when he came second and decided that someone else was better than him in Mathematics. He always believe that in whatever he does that he wanted to be the best, he did not want to settle for second.

He pulled out of Math school and meet Paul Allen who was going to change his life forever. In retrospect Mr Gate was highly intelligent guy. He score 800/800 in his SAT Test.

In the UK intelligent is measured in correlation to your command of England Language. To be honest the way you speak is the way you think. Because everything you speak MUST be processed by your thinking faculty. That is why mad people talk rubbish. Their thinking faculty is damaged.

If you speak and write very good English the possibility that you would be very clever is there.

Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by skima(m): 2:52pm On Jul 02, 2006
hmm!
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by kitaun(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2006
sbucareer,

u have spoken well,
but parosky u shd have allowed ur criticism come with a tinge of humour,dont u think so ?
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by Bossman(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2006
I had to read it a couple of times in order to comprehend what OP was trying to say. Hope he takes any criticism as a constructive one.

sbucareer, a minor correction, Bill gates actually attended Harvard Univ. and not Howard Univ.  They sound very similar, but they are very different schools.
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by sbucareer(f): 1:30am On Jul 04, 2006

Bossman thanks, that is what I was suppose to say Harvard University not Haword. Thanks for pointing this out. Also note that Paul Allen is the co-founder of MicroSoft and he studied Computer Science at Harvard University.
Re: My IT Career Is Dying. Save Me Now! by basin4u(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2006
ok thanks very much for your contribution and i love them all.till have this question to ask you all, what did you think i can do :
1. to get an IT job
2.to upgrade myself on my specializatoin or field.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Young School Leaver Get A Good Job To Further His/her Education? / Pls Md's And Ceo's In Nairaland Help I Need A Microbiology Job / Can One Settle With A Job That Pays Him N140,000. Monthly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.