Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,801 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Obama's Message To His Camp - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama's Message To His Camp (1012 Views)

Popular Nigerian Prophet Sends Message To Donald Trump / Obama's Message In Boston: Defiance Mixed With Reassurance - CNN / Obama Indirectly Sending Message To Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 12:27am On Sep 03, 2008
Obama has released a message to his camp regarding the new development involving Palin's 17 year old pregnant daughter.

"Anyone that criticizes Palin's 17 year old pregnant daughter in my camp will be fired"
"Political candidates' family members are off limit"
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 1:17am On Sep 03, 2008
I wonder what would have happened if it was Obama's daughter (Sasha) that was the one pregnant at the age of 17 year and still in high school.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by JeSoul(f): 1:53am On Sep 03, 2008
this is a praiseworthy thing Obama did and I applaud him - if only his supporters would show the same decency.
People should know when to draw the line in politics, attacking non-politically involved members of a politicians family, especially their children is low and morally wrong.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 2:09am On Sep 03, 2008
Obama has made this statement only not to fall into the republican trap, the trap that was strategically setup for him; and also to follow the same rule he implemented when his wife was being attacked.

FYI: Obama's supporters are not castigating the daughter, they are only focusing on this strange VP, who obviously can not put it or get it together at home.
It is obvious that she spends very little time with these kids; it is also clear that she is a little bit more tasty for her career much more than being a caring mum.

A 5 month old baby with a down syndrome needs his or her mother more than anything else. I think it is only fair to ship this chick back home to care for her children.
Quality time between mum and her children is priceless and more valuable than running for a VP spot with an empty can (McCain).

An incredible move by Obama!
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by KarmaMod(f): 2:11am On Sep 03, 2008
He has to say that. It was a smart move

He should let his fans do the mudslinging on his behalf.

Rofl
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Sisikill: 2:45am On Sep 03, 2008
KarmaMod:

He has to say that. It was a smart move

He should let his fans do the mudslinging on his behalf.

Rofl

Rotflmao! I on the other hand, I'm hoping they back off!

Call me naive but I honestly don't get why they have to bring all the unnecessary crapola into it.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by KarmaMod(f): 2:47am On Sep 03, 2008
cos if it were vice versa. You know very well the Republican party would be all up on his back about it.

so I say, continue the slinging!

when people were yarning dust about Obama's mom and dad and his half brother, why didnt anyone say that family should be kept ouyt it

Abegi
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Sisikill: 3:06am On Sep 03, 2008
It is so funny, that you said that because my sister just said the same thing. LOL

Me sef, I'm about to give up paapaa. Look what is floating around now. . .

Sarah Palin in college wearing a tshirt with [b]"I May Be Broke, But I'm Not Flat Busted."[/b]Now, I'm not saying there is something wrong with it, the issues is how it became public. . . Her own parents gave it to the AP.

My question. . .  Why in the world will that do something this stupid in the middle of a crap storm? I mean seriously I am beginning to think there's something else going on here, maybe the Republican Party is setting all the the country up for something and they are using these whole Palin saga as distraction.

Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 03, 2008
but that Palin na fine girl o. shocked
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Sisikill: 3:13am On Sep 03, 2008
LMAO! You are not serious.

Men!
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by KarmaMod(f): 3:16am On Sep 03, 2008
lmao her own parents? Im confused
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 03, 2008
Imagine a wife looking that trim and cute at 44 with 5 kids . . . Todd's one lucky fellow.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 3:27am On Sep 03, 2008
It is called plastic surgery!

This lady has a lot in her closet and I predict that by this time next week the backfiring process of the republicans' strategy would be completed.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by bawomolo(m): 3:51am On Sep 03, 2008
Big B1:

It is called plastic surgery!

This lady has a lot in her closet and I predict that by this time next week the backfiring process of the republicans' strategy would be completed.

na jealousy jealousy go kill u. u no see say na the fine genes way she transfer to her pikin
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 03, 2008
yeah i was wondering how BigB1 knew she had plastic surgery. She looks great for a 44 yr old.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by JeSoul(f): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2008
Big B1:

Obama has made this statement only not to fall into the republican trap, the trap that was strategically setup for him; and also to follow the same rule he implemented when his wife was being attacked.

FYI: Obama's supporters are not castigating the daughter, they are only focusing on this strange VP, who obviously can not put it or get it together at home.
It is obvious that she spends very little time with these kids; it is also clear that she is a little bit more tasty for her career much more than being a caring mum.
  and the fact her teenage daught got pregnant means she cannot "get it together at home"? 
Have you ever disobeyed or gone against your parents? especially when you were a teenager? It is simple, kids disobey and often don't hold onto the same beliefs as their parents - how does this make the parent evil? or incapable?

A 5 month old baby with a down syndrome needs his or her mother more than anything else. I think it is only fair to ship this chick back home to care for her children.
Quality time between mum and her children is priceless and more valuable than running for a VP spot with an empty can (McCain).

I am yet to hear when will a male politician be asked how he balances his career with his family. Why doesn't he stay home and take care of his kids?
None of us sitting here know anything about the dynamics of the Palin household, so to sit here and suggest she's not looking after her kids is wrong. Please people should just focus on politics, not insignificant family drama that is none of our business.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 9:26pm On Sep 04, 2008
am yet to hear when will a male politician be asked how he balances his career with his family. Why doesn't he stay home and take care of his kids?

You can not compare a mother to a father. Yes, the fathers have their responsibilities, but the bond between a mother and her children is absolutely ineffable.
This is why the mothers are the ones that carry the baby for 9 months; not the fathers.

The chick (Palin) needs to be shipped back home to care for her children.
John McCain would have given the same advice to his daughter if she was wearing Palin's shoes.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by TayoD1(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2008
@BigB1,

I wonder what would have happened if it was Obama's daughter (Sasha) that was the one pregnant at the age of 17 year and still in high school.
The story would have been totally different as obama would have had the pregnancy terminated. Afterall, is he not the one who said he wouldn't want his teenahge daughter to be punished with a pregnancy if she made such a mistake.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2008
And what would you do?
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by TayoD1(m): 4:37am On Sep 05, 2008
@BigB1,

And what would you do?
Exactly what Sarah Palin and her family did - let the girl handle the responsibilitites of her action. Afterall, she's an adult. Why kill an innocent life just to make your life easier or for a political merit?
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 1:33pm On Sep 05, 2008
Good man and a good answer.

I will come and check you out in few years to see if you're a man of your word or just another politician wanna be.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by NegroNtns(m): 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
Of course Obama has to issue that disclaimer. Its the natural thing to do if you don't want the Republican press to go setup camp on your family in Africa. This is not an offer of goodwill in respect of Palin's family but more a calculation at self-preservation.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by BigB11(m): 3:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
Of course Obama has to issue that disclaimer. Its the natural thing to do if you don't want the Republican press to go setup camp on your family in Africa. This is not an offer of goodwill in respect of Palin's family but more a calculation at self-preservation.

I'm sorry, this is a wrong answer.
FYI:The republican press has tried everything in the book to bring this man (Obama) down, but failed. They even went as far as Kenya to interview Obama's brother and did not get anything.
Obama is a smart man, he has already revealed all his dark sides in his book and there is nothing else for them (republicans) to talk about.

Now, this is the reason why Obama has issued such a "disclaimer":
The selection of Palin was a trap; the Republican made this selection because:
1. Palin is a woman (only to attract the ignorant women voters)
2. Palin has too many baggage (and they want folks to go there)
3. Abusing Palin will only win the heart of the Hillary supporters (the same scenario that occured during the primary election between Obama and Hillary).
4. Palin is a decoy that is intentionally setup to distract and take pressure off Papa Ajasco (McCain). (Have you noticed that ever since this chick has been selected, no-one is talking about Papa Ajasco or the real issues or solution to restore the stamina of this country?)

Hence, the best thing for Obama to do was to immediately show his sincere respect for Palin's family troubles and refocus the attention of the voters back to the Albino Rat (McCain) and the real issue.
And I think this agenda will be accomplished successfully this week.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by NegroNtns(m): 5:03pm On Sep 08, 2008
BigB,
I will repeat what I said "its a calculated move". Obama has not fully disclosed everything. There were damaging information that Hillary had on him but could not possibly use because of the party. Years ago the DNC was run by the Kennedys. Today, its run by the Clintons. Much as she would love to be the candidate, the party would go into ruins if she did not exercise restraints in certain matters, especially she is grooming Chelsea in the party politics. The RNC on the other hand has nothing to loose and they would not have compassion on their opponent when it comes to that office. However, in case you don't know this I will share with you, Obama has a charm that aid his bounce back against opinions that ordinarily would have sank most other people. So for someone like that, you keep that weapon in your pocket and seek other avenues in which he has less effect. It is possible that the debates will present that, who knows? But the pocketed weapon is there nonetheless and if you have to use it against someone like that September is definitely not the time to throw it out. He has ample time to recover. You throw it out there when it matters most and when his chances for recovery is nil. They did same thing to Kerry in 04. But I guess you liberals don't like to apply the lessons you have learnt from previous defeats, if at all you have learnt.
Re: Obama's Message To His Camp by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Sep 08, 2008
It was definitely a calculated and a good move as the blogs were already running with stories of his own family.

(1) (Reply)

Cannibals Caught Selling Corpse To Fast Food Joint! / The World’s Oldest Sickness / USA/EU Begg Libyan Govt/Ghadaffi To Accept A "cease-fire" Agreement! Roflmao!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.