Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Best Antivirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus (2005 Views)

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer / Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Antivirus by geolabious(m): 1:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
If u are told to recommend the best antivirus know

which one will it be?
Re: Best Antivirus by xJaysonx(m): 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
Bit Defender takes the lead currently according to some sources. But my friend recommended Kaspersky in replacement of AVG i was using and trust me mayne, Kaspersky does the job perfectly.
Re: Best Antivirus by geolabious(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2008
Thanks xj
Re: Best Antivirus by uspry1(f): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2008
Please check out existing NL thread at below REPEATED:

Best Computer AntiVirus Software?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-14859.0.html

Best Anti-Virus For Better Protection
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99212.0.html

Help Me With Free AntiVirus Software
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-118683.0.html

PLEASE HELP! I CAN'T UNINSTALL
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-149277.0.html
Re: Best Antivirus by sinmbo(m): 9:08pm On Sep 03, 2008
There is the avast 4.8 anti virus in town, its very cool.  cool You only need to install and send a mail to their site and a license key will sent to you and you can use it for 14 months uninterrupted. AVG shocked; Karspesky: angry
Re: Best Antivirus by mecussey(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2008
AVG antivirus is my best, you need it? 08061104494
Re: Best Antivirus by geolabious(m): 11:17am On Sep 04, 2008
But do you all know

ESET NOD32 Antivirus
Re: Best Antivirus by malikalhaj: 10:47am On Sep 07, 2008
Eset nod32 is among the top 5 antivirus in town, but i prefer the avg 8.0 free edition cos it's free.
I beleive all antivirus r good as long as u update them but then no antivirus can remove the series of avpo and amvo viruses, they only find them but they will not remove them, but i recommend usb firewall.
Re: Best Antivirus by uspry1(f): 11:58am On Sep 07, 2008
McAfee Internet Security Suite with SiteAdvisor Protection - it is ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE: anti-virus, anti-spyware, roolkit tools, anti-phising, goes on that i cannot list here. Plus it has 3 PCs-in-one license for 3 pc or laptop systems installed at low low low price.

I bought 3 PCs-in-one license for one: me (1st PC, host for wireless networking router setting), the other:my son (2nd PC, client wireless networking adapter), and another one: my daughter (laptop)

My answer already explains in details why I chosen this best antivirus software i have been paid-subscribed loyally at below existing posting link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-165656.0.html#msg2729366
Re: Best Antivirus by UNLEASHED(m): 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2008
I love Nod32, it's simply great!
Re: Best Antivirus by geolabious(m): 8:46pm On Sep 07, 2008
UNLEASHED:

I love Nod32, it's simply great!

Thanks
Re: Best Antivirus by meraann: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2008
hi, i recommend kav8 and kis8
Re: Best Antivirus by UNLEASHED(m): 10:21am On Sep 09, 2008
I once use 30 days trial version 8.0 of AVG always updated and i scan regurlarly but the day i removed it and get NOD32, it discovered one EXPLORER.EXE immediately. ESET NOD32 is great!!
Re: Best Antivirus by themac(f): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2008
ok
Re: Best Antivirus by AKO1(m): 6:50pm On Sep 09, 2008
I heard that anti-virus companies are the ones that make viruses to keep up the demand for their products.

Ever wondered why certain 'adware' advertises anti-viruses?
Re: Best Antivirus by xJaysonx(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2008
UNLEASHED:

I once use 30 days trial version 8.0 of AVG always updated and i scan regurlarly but the day i removed it and get NOD32, it discovered one EXPLORER.EXE immediately. ESET NOD32 is great!!

malikalhaj:

Eset nod32 is among the top 5 antivirus in town, but i prefer the avg 8.0 free edition because it's free.
I beleive all antivirus r good as long as u update them but then no antivirus can remove the series of avpo and amvo viruses, they only find them but they will not remove them, but i recommend usb firewall.

Am sorry my friends but i think your systems are seriously infected. I used to use AVG Free Edition/Anti Virus 8.0 and thought my system was perfectly clean until i installed Kaspersky Internet Security and it detected over 200 deadly viruses and trojans etc which AVG couldn't recognize one.

I haven't dismissed it ever since. Do the same and see for yourselves. Try it. . .
Re: Best Antivirus by stancozy(m): 4:27am On Sep 10, 2008
x Jayson x:

Am sorry my friends but i think your systems are seriously infected. I used to use AVG Free Edition/Anti Virus 8.0 and thought my system was perfectly clean until i installed Kaspersky Internet Security and it detected over 200 deadly viruses and trojans etc which AVG couldn't recognize one.

I haven't dismissed it ever since. Do the same and see for yourselves. Try it. . .

i hav that verson of kaspersky cd bt is bad, do u hav d direct link to get it?
Re: Best Antivirus by sannies(m): 10:47am On Sep 11, 2008
i have a version of NOD 32 and whenever i want to update the NOD32 it always ask for username and password. can anyone help with any username and password of NOD 32.
Re: Best Antivirus by xJaysonx(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2008
stancozy:

i hav that verson of kaspersky cd bt is bad, do u hav d direct link to get it?

http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads
Re: Best Antivirus by lynxnoon(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
@jasonx
am currebntly using avg internet security suite (complete package) n i hv also hv kaspersky 2009 which am tinking of installing
which wud u advice me to use because recently i noticed avg detect trojans worms n stuf but doesnt seem to heal them only isolates them
just d tot dat they r stil on my system gives me d creeps
thanks 4 ur response
Re: Best Antivirus by xJaysonx(m): 10:18pm On Sep 11, 2008
I only tried the antivirus and free edition of AVG not the I.S though!, but all the same i strongly recommend K.I.S 2009.
Re: Best Antivirus by uspry1(f): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2008
Scan your anti-virus software, Windows Disk Cleanup, and anti-spyware software---it will detect your viruses exposed BEING REMOVED for you!

You need getting BOTH SuperSpyware and [b]Spybot Search & Destroy [/b]software download and install your system, then scan them completely and remove all hidden viruses where your anti-virus could not detect anywhere AUTOMATICALLY. It is FREE EDITION/FREEWARE!

Be sure you have the LATEST UPDATE anti-virus as well as two software I mentioned above periodically! DO IT WEEKLY all the time.

Google it!

I use both my McAfee Internet Security Suite, SuperSpyware, and Spybot Search & Destroy installed on my system according to my favorite PC Magazine that pick 10 top best hottest software!
Re: Best Antivirus by worm360: 5:31pm On Sep 15, 2008
hey guys the best antivirus now is nod32 or kaspersky nothin more nothin less thats the leading antivirus
Re: Best Antivirus by blackracle(m): 8:46pm On Sep 15, 2008
kaspersky antivirus rocks! ;d ;d ;d
Re: Best Antivirus by geolabious(m): 8:45pm On Sep 21, 2008
worm360:

hey guys the best antivirus now is nod32 or kaspersky nothin more nothin less thats the leading antivirus
U are right
Re: Best Antivirus by xprofile: 7:27pm On Sep 24, 2008
you guys r right,
eset nod32 antivirus is the best 4 me and for all
take it or leave it,
do you need it,
call 08030551776

xprofile,
Re: Best Antivirus by Nobody: 2:39am On Sep 25, 2008
Nod 32 is a great alternative for now because of it's simplicity, it doesn't take up your memory space like AVG and it easily updates itself whenever you connect to the internet. I'm yet to use the latest kaspersky but my experience with their immediate older version was not pleasant.
Re: Best Antivirus by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 17, 2009
I've been using avast! since 2005. Haven't had any regret.
Re: Best Antivirus by aieromon(m): 8:17pm On Feb 22, 2009
although i now use avast 4.8 pro edition,i cannot forget my 2years romance with kapersky.

i really miss her cool

(1) (Reply)

My Internet Explorer Keeps Duplicating Itself / Samsung Led Tv 40inch For Sale N80,000 / Pure Practical Graphics Training Plus Website Design At Cheap Price!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.