Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer (8789 Views)

Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / Top Ten Best Antivirus In The World / Best Antivirus To Use (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by maxibrainz: 3:37am On Feb 21, 2013
I have tried avast antivirus and my experience with it was not sweet, it has several times set itself as administrator and prevent any program from runing on a pc i was using, i had to format the pc before i could do anything on it. So guys i need an alternative, from your experience what is the best antivirus for a computer, i need one that is very active and doesnt delete useful files like Avast tanx.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by impress2012: 5:30am On Feb 21, 2013
i have been using norton antivirus and it has been very reliable
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Ebestsmscom: 8:20am On Feb 21, 2013
Bit Defender 2013 Total Security.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by maxibrainz: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2013
Ok tanx guys am expecting more reply
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by avalanchexxx: 12:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
Norton Internet Security is still number 1 in the world. its efficient and light. Read more and download : Norton Internet Security .. download
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 7:00am On Feb 22, 2013
avalanchexxx: Norton Internet Security is still number 1 in the world. its efficient and light. Read more and download : Norton Internet Security .. download

I really don't trust Norton, except it's the original one. Perhaps, it works for you though.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 7:01am On Feb 22, 2013
maxibrainz: I have tried avast antivirus and my experience with it was not sweet, it has several times set itself as administrator and prevent any program from runing on a pc i was using, i had to format the pc before i could do anything on it. So guys i need an alternative, from your experience what is the best antivirus for a computer, i need one that is very active and doesnt delete useful files like Avast tanx.

I've been using MS essentials for about 3 years now. No drawback.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by TonyMccallum: 7:57am On Feb 22, 2013
Hello Members,

Anti-Virus Free from AVG is the best free antivirus software available. AVG Anti-Virus Free is a full-fledged antivirus and antispyware tool, includes an email scanner, link scanner, scheduled scanning options, automatic updates, and more. There is no need to pay for an antivirus program when the best free antivirus software in the world is just a download away. AVG Anti-Virus Free works on Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2000. The huge number of premium features, frequency of updating, and install-it-and-forget-it aspect of AVG's Anti-Virus Free really do make it the best of the best free antivirus programs available today.

Best Regards,
Tony Mccallum

Onenote Mac
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by 3RNEST(m): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2013
Use Avast Version 7, it's super cool that's what am using rite now with the keyss2038!! Google it.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by maxibrainz: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2013
Tanx alot guys for your suggestion but which of them is free and performs well
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by mavtrevor(m): 10:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
BitDefender has been on top of the Antivirus list for atleast 2 to 3 yrs now....its actually the best.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Ebestsmscom: 11:12am On Feb 24, 2013
avalanchexxx: Norton Internet Security is still number 1 in the world. its efficient and light. Read more and download : Norton Internet Security .. download

So people can be this funny, it's like one newbie in computer village has told you some rubbish.

Norton number 1, who told you the trash.

Bit Defender is the leading security in the planet.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by maxibrainz: 12:15am On Feb 26, 2013
@all tanx for your contribution the Bit defender is cool
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by delawal: 6:39am On Feb 27, 2013
AVG antivirus(paid version) is very good.its light and at the same time has superb features; email scanner,link scanner, auto update etc.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by monkvirus(m): 11:25am On Mar 15, 2013
The problem with most of us is that we prefare free stuffs to the paid ones & @ d end of d day u call urself smaet guy. Imaging som1 using Avast free antivirus dat wuld expire 2039? & u expect full protection? Hmmm........ dat cannever happen, so therefore my broda dnt let any1 deceive u ooooooo wit any free anti virus of any kind or type, d best way to keep ur system safe is to get an original anti virus dat wuld cost u som money ( say between 4-5k or there about) . Luk 4 a reputable software dealer to purchase d stuff in hardcopy or u can go to d website of d antivirus of ur choice nd get it. Well in my personal advise i'll sugest u go for AVG Antivirus, itz very gud nd reliable.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
For me, I will suggest Comodos.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by lilslick(m): 1:38am On Mar 17, 2013
i prefer smadAV.. it can work with any other anti virus... i combined it with AVG on my PC... no way for Virus
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Debroslink: 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
lilslick: i prefer smadAV.. it can work with any other anti virus... i combined it with AVG on my PC... no way for Virus

USING 2 ANTIVIRUS ON UR SYSTEM? WAIT UNTIL RALIA ODINGA ENTER UR PC. UR EYES GO OPEN WIDE

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 11:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
Debroslink:

USING 2 ANTIVIRUS ON UR SYSTEM? WAIT UNTIL RALIA ODINGA ENTER UR PC. UR EYES GO OPEN WIDE

LOL. No mind am. grin grin smiley
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by wildchild1: 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
Fre AVG internet Security all the way,3 years and I'm still counting...I download everyday
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by AgiliRon: 8:30am On Mar 21, 2013
Hello Friends,

One nasty virus could expose your financial information or stop your computer from working at all. What you need is the best antivirus software possible on your computer. Luckily, some of the best are also completely free. Many companies offer free versions of their popular antivirus programs for home users. My favorites are AVG Anti-Virus Free, avast! Free Antivirus, and MSE, but be sure to check out the whole list to find the best free antivirus for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Agili Ron

agiliron.com

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 11:19pm On Mar 24, 2013
Agili Ron: Hello Friends,

One nasty virus could expose your financial information or stop your computer from working at all. What you need is the best antivirus software possible on your computer. Luckily, some of the best are also completely free. Many companies offer free versions of their popular antivirus programs for home users. My favorites are AVG Anti-Virus Free, avast! Free Antivirus, and MSE, but be sure to check out the whole list to find the best free antivirus for you.

Thanks and Regards,
Agili Ron

agiliron.com

Nice objective reply, but this your avast ni, I no agree oo. Avast is so not okay.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by davidadenrele: 7:19pm On Mar 25, 2013
Re Whats the Best Antivirus For a Computer.

I will kindly advise you to first of all reformat your system with an original Microsoft operating system be it OS Windows 7/Windows 8, XP or vista be it in 32bits, or 64bits Version and go on the internet and download Microsoft Security Essential i having been using this antivirus for more about 3years now it has no expiration date and it cannot be cracked or counterfeited because its directly from Microsoft Corporation itself, i will give some kudos to Norton antivirus, Avg, bit defender,avast e.t.c but you one major thing you have to realize is the will all expire after one year, because their duration is only 365days in fact they become so useless and if you ask me what's the point of paying so much for antivirus after one year of usage .

If you will take my advice log on to www.Microsoft.com and download Microsoft security essential based on your system version bits because it comes in different system version bits as earlier said after downloading the antivirus click on on the menu update to update it after updating restart your system so as to allow your system to install update from Microsoft server

After restarting your system borrow any virus infected flash drives from any of friends and see what happen the antivirus will clean any virus from flash drive instantly i bet it with you, you will always remember in your prayers when are through.

All the best.

David Adenrele

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 10:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
^^Nice one. I feel you. grin
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by billionsam(m): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
Maybe you downloaded all these fake ones. Get original avast! antivirus 8. You won't complain again. Download it here http://www.avast.com/get/oD2zYMZg
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
billionsam: Maybe you downloaded all these fake ones. Get original avast! antivirus 8. You won't complain again. Download it here http://www.avast.com/get/oD2zYMZg

Hmmm...Alright!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by engrhorla(m): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2013
maxibrainz: Tanx alot guys for your suggestion but which of them is free and performs well
You shldn't expect a free anti-virus 2 work efficiently. No 1 wil buy now. Aoeva,Avast is cool if u upda8 regularly
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by BizBloke(m): 7:26pm On Mar 28, 2013
maxibrainz: Tanx alot guys for your suggestion but which of them is free and performs well

Save yourself some mishap and go for Microsoft Security Essential.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 03, 2013
monkvirus: The problem with most of us is that we prefare free stuffs to the paid ones & @ d end of d day u call urself smaet guy. Imaging som1 using Avast free antivirus dat wuld expire 2039? & u expect full protection? Hmmm........ dat cannever happen, so therefore my broda dnt let any1 deceive u ooooooo wit any free anti virus of any kind or type, d best way to keep ur system safe is to get an original anti virus dat wuld cost u som money ( say between 4-5k or there about) . Luk 4 a reputable software dealer to purchase d stuff in hardcopy or u can go to d website of d antivirus of ur choice nd get it. Well in my personal advise i'll sugest u go for AVG Antivirus, itz very gud nd reliable.
why is it that i too know like you think dey know it all?i bought AVG 2012 from a guy since last year and its still active till now. Its to expire 2018. I used to use the paid package but i dont any more. Dis license key im using is stated clearly on AVG server that its original. Becos you cant have it doesnt mean others cant. say what you know.
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by delawal: 12:18am On May 16, 2013
@googLepikin.dt tin u dey use is fake.I can authoritativeLy say that as an avg partner.u beta buy real protection and nt usin hacked keys flyin all over d web.for ur info avg doesn't ve keys dt can exceed two years.tanx
Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 16, 2013
delawal: @googLepikin.dt tin u dey use is fake.I can authoritativeLy say that as an avg partner.u beta buy real protection and nt usin hacked keys flyin all over d web.for ur info avg doesn't ve keys dt can exceed two years.tanx
said by the AVG PARTNER dat dont have NEPA light for like 2weeks now.in life people like you that are too weak to find out about new things will always find a way to discourage others.the boy who did mine showed me his own on his PC he installed it on april 5th 2008 to expire 2025.and since then no more yearly fees.so mr AVG PARTNER if you are waiting for me to be paying N5,000 every year for anti virus then you will grow old waiting.with so many VPN people can now browse for free without all dis telecom companies knowing, but people like you will say its not possible.dis a snap shot of my AVG FULL VERSION TO EXPIRE 2018!!!!

Re: What Is The Best Antivirus For A Computer by elvymoore: 8:46am On May 20, 2013
@googlepikin.i will keep sayin it, AVG doesnt ve any product that can start nw and end in 2018.we also dont have keys for 145,000 users.the hacked key(8MEH-RGHD3-XXXXX-SXPWA-PDNML-9EMBR-ACED) which u re using and selling is illegal and is not in AVG database.u dnt even need to hide it bc we are clamping down on keys like that.so no need to hide.

@all.dont use hacked keys.its not good for ur security.buy genuine and legal licenses.mind u any key or license that u didnt register and activate with ur details is fake.imagine somebody saying he has AVG key that last for six years where AVG doesnt have 6 year licenses.AVG doesnt have 145,000 user keys too, so beware.buy genuine softwares.AVG internet security original software packs(2user for 1year) doesnt cost more than 2,000 naira.

FACTS
1.if u want to verify that ur key is genuine and recognised by AVG, go to www.avg.com/registration, on the license box there input ur key,then from the response u get from the AVG server u will know ur stand.if ur license is genuine and in AVG database u will get this message "Thank you for your registration. Your AVG License/Sales Number has already been registered in our database.
If you feel that you have received this message in error, kindly contact our Customer Services".

On the otherhand, if u are using fake keys like the ones that lasts for 6years as so said,u will get this error message "You have entered an incorrect License/Sales number, please try again. If you have received your License Number in electronic format, we recommend that you use the "copy and paste" function to insert the number in the space provided.Field 'License or Sales Number' is invalid. Invalid data.
i dont need to talk too much on that.try what i said urself and dont be deceived.some hackers may be prying on u and u think u are smart.for more clarifications am available to answer ur questions.thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just How Fast Is Etisalat's Easyblaze? / Hp Probook 4530s Motherboard Urgently Needed,see Pics / Please Someone That Has An Idea Of Aptio Utility Should Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.