Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,754 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? (3283 Views)

Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box / Atiku Abubakar Hosts Imam In Saudi Arabia While On Pilgrimage Duty..photo / Asari Dokubo On Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 6:39pm On Sep 03, 2008
Treatment: Yar’Adua’s wife insists on German hospital — Agency
By Semiu Okanlawon, John Alechenu, Waheed Bakare, Adelani Adepegba and Kayode Ketefe
Published: Wednesday, 3 Sep 2008
The refusal of the First Lady, Hajiya Turai Yar‘Adua, to allow a Saudia Arabian hospital make use of her kidney may have been responsible for the delay in the return of ailing President Umaru Yar‘Adua.
Skip to next paragraph

NAN
Wife of President Umaru Yar’Ad

The indication was given by the online news agency, saharareporters, which reported on Tuesday that rather than subject herself to the use of her kidney in a crucial transplant to save her husband, the First Lady was said to have demanded that she and Yar’Adua be flown to Germany where her husband had hitherto received medical attention.

The development came just as Lagos lawyer, Chief Gani Fawehinmi, urged Nigerians to pray for quick recovery of the President.

According to the online news agency, the President was, on arrival in Saudi Arabia, said to have been implored to seek the advice of top nephrologists working in a Jeddah-based Saudi government-owned hospital.

The agency reported, ”After running a battery of tests, the team of doctors concluded that the kidney meant for the replacement was likely to suffer tissue rejection from him.

“They advised that tests be conducted on his close relatives to find alternative donors. His wife and daughter were tested, and his wife proved compatible, according to our sources. She was, however, unwilling to donate an organ in Saudi Arabia. She instead opted for it to be done in Germany. Her condition would mean that Yar’Adua would spend a prolonged period of time in Germany to recuperate.”

This, according to the news agency, informed the intervention of the President‘s brother, identified as Major Audu Yar’Adua, who was allegedly flown to Jeddah to undergo organ compatibility test.

The younger Yar‘Adua was said to have been flown to Saudi Arabia with a Gulfstream G-V aircraft to undergo the test on Monday.

A Consultant Nephrologist at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital, Sagamu, Ogun State, Dr. Charles Alebiosu, who spoke with one of our correspondents on the phone, said it was possible for a woman to donate a kidney to a man.

Alebiosu, who maintained that kidney had nothing to do with gender, however, stressed the importance of meeting all the necessary medical criteria before the donor‘s kidney could be used for the recipient.

He said, ”Why not? A woman can donate to a man. It has nothing to do with gender. In the first and only kidney transplant done at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, this year, a young lady donated her kidney to her brother.

“Once the donor is above 18 years and all medical criteria in terms of donor selection are fulfilled, there is no problem. The donor must be medically fit and the two kidneys must be working perfectly well. Both the donor and recipient will be well and alive and able to live their normal life after the transplant.”

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl, t2008090300257
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by DeepZone: 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2008
Na waoh, she wan chop the man money but she no wan drop something. Is it allah that told her not to do so this time? Someone should tell her that if baba yardy can't get a replacement soon, she'll be stuck with a man that will be on dialysis forever.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
How valid are these stories springing out from mainstream news sites??
I refuse to believe this story.
No FIRST LADY would deny her husband her kidney. . . . .esp a Nigerian woman.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hannibal:

HUH??
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by naijaking1: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
I am happy for Mrs Yar'dua. It pays to marry a smart and educated woman. For those that don't know, people who donate kidneys sometimes stay in the hospital longer than the people who actually recieve those kidneys. Reason? The surgery involved in removing a kidney is longer and more dangerous than transplanting the organ into a reciepient. Also there are many other criteria a donor must satisfy in order to be allowed to donate, ie general good health, good and functioning residual kidney, and ability to tolerate the surgery. An emerging technology for harvesting living related donor kidneys involve laproscopy. I know a few centers that do lap. harvest in the US, but am almost certain it's not performed in Saudi Arabia. Germany? Maybe.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2008
naijaking1:

I am happy for Mrs Yar'dua. It pays to marry a smart and educated woman. For those that don't know, people who donate kidneys sometimes stay in the hospital longer than the people who actually recieve those kidneys. Reason? The surgery involved in removing a kidney is longer and more dangerous than transplanting the organ into a reciepient. Also there are many other criteria a donor must satisfy in order to be allowed to donate, ie general good health, good and functioning residual kidney, and ability to tolerate the surgery. An emerging technology for harvesting living related donor kidneys involve laproscopy. I know a few centers that do lap. harvest in the US, but am almost certain it's not performed in Saudi Arabia. Germany? Maybe.

Exactly!
The woman is not saying,I no wan dash you one kidney
she only wants to be in the hands of doctors she can trust since she's also at great risk
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 7:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
haba- is it by force to part with your kidney?

What about the other wife or wives- why can't they donate theirs?

Or brothers, sisters, relatives, etc?

And why must it be a wife's kidney they must use? Are they trying to kill the woman before her time? I'm sure they can find other donors if they keep looking.

Wishing him the best of luck however.

besides, the article may be exaggerating.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 7:31pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hannibal:

Stay there.
with all this your gidi gidi gbam gbam,your madam may deny you a common mouth to mouth and CPR if you don't cool down talk less of a vital body organ like kidney. grin
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

Stay there.
with all this your gidi gidi gbam gbam,your madam may deny you a common mouth to mouth and CPR if you don't cool down talk less of a vital body organ like kidney. grin

African women especially moslems worship their husband.
Under normal circumstance, she should be the one offering her kidney to her husband.
The story has got many holes. tongue

My madam?? Don't even think about it.
She would give me her 2 eye-balls if i need em.
I know how to keep her keen. tongue
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by DeepZone: 7:41pm On Sep 03, 2008

I know how to keep her keen.

Roflmao; No wonder Naija men loves to marry illiterate women.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

haba- is it by force to part with your kidney?

What about the other wife or wives- why can't they donate theirs?

Or brothers, sisters, relatives, etc?

And why must it be a wife's kidney they must use? Are they trying to kill the woman before her time? I'm sure they can find other donors if they keep looking.

Wishing him the best of luck however.

besides, the article may be exaggerating.
ROFL
you no well.
who else shall they find?
she's been chopping our money with him right from Niger or whatever state he hails from,it's now time to divide the national kidneys and he's only asking for one not both grin
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2008
DeepZone:

Roflmao; No wonder Naija men loves to marry illiterate women.

My madam is more educated than you are. cheesy
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by DeepZone: 7:45pm On Sep 03, 2008
My madam is more educated than you are
It depends on my level of education na? what if i quit school at elementary 3, your statement can still hold if she stopped at elementary 5. Cos am surprised at the educated woman that will agree to marry a man with a loud mouth and whose sperm swims backwards. grin grin grin grin
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2008
DeepZone:

It depends on my level of education na? what if i quit school at elementary 3, your statement can still hold if she stopped at elementary 5. Cos am surprised at the educated woman that will agree to marry a man with a loud mouth and whose sperm swims backwards. grin grin grin grin

They would swim backwards not because they want to. . . .but because of the stench oozing out of your wrinkled canal.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hannibal:

African women especially moslems worship their husband.
Under normal circumstance, she should be the one offering her kidney to her husband.
The story has got many holes. tongue

I know how to keep her keen. tongue

my dear everybody has opened eye  o
people are no longer dashing out things anyhow not to talk of kidneys
It's no easy decision.
nobody should blame her jare.
it's her choice and if she says no,people should leave her and her good kidneys alone.
A woman may have no problems donating her organ to her child or parents but a husband
hmm !!!
that relationship  has to be extraordinary o
you can't treat a woman anyhow and depend on her kidney later in life
Life doesn't work that way.
I'm not saying Mrs Yaradua was badly treated,I'm just saying you men should be on your best behaviour
You never know when your very ability to piss and excrete nyama nyama would depend on us
and if you're not well behaved,we'll simply say NO and no one can blame us
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

I'm not saying Mrs Yaradua was badly treated,I'm just saying you men should be on your best behaviour
You never know when your very ability to piss and excrete nyama nyama would depend on us

Isnt that why I was asking about the other wives and their own kidneys.

Even if na girlfriend.

No be all of them dey enjoy im money?
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by DeepZone: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
They would swim backwards not because they want to. . . .but because of the stench oozing out of your wrinkled canal.

How did you determine that? are you a genetic engineer? I think your sperm suffers from loss of momentum AKA low sperm count.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

Isnt that why I was asking about the other wives and their own kidneys.

Even if na girlfriend.

No be all of them dey enjoy im money?

his first wife is no longer with him.
her kidneys are offlimits to him
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by naijaking1: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2008
Ok all jokes aside. Think about the morbidity and mortality of renal transplantation. If you're one of their kids, you will be better off having one sick or dead parent than having both of them die on you. Yar'dua should go to World specialized renal transplant centers, eg Mayo clinic, Cleveland clinic, or even the one in Zurich, Swizterland. The Saudi Arabians flock Mayo clinic like bees, I treated many of them in Rochester, MN those days. So why should our president go to Saudi Arabia when the Saudis go to MN? Well, unless he is on FBI wanted list like IBB, and co.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

Cheese n Rice!!!
If the case was reversed, women all over the world would be pleading for the husband to donate his kidney.
Women are the most dubious beings in the world.

DeepZone:

How did you determine that? are you a genetic engineer? I think your sperm suffers from loss of momentum AKA low sperm count.

With your constant malodourous farts. . . . It's only natural for your cooch to stink.
Loss of momentum?? Far from it.
If u can guarantee me a fart-free week, we may give it a trial and letz see if your ovaries won't get HIT.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2008
naijaking1:

The Saudi Arabians flock Mayo clinic like bees. So why should our president go to Saudi Arabia when the Saudis go to MN?

I wonder too oh.

Northern Nigerians flock to Saudi/the Middle east. Saudis flock to the US and the west.

Something's wrong with this picture.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 8:05pm On Sep 03, 2008
naijaking1:

Ok all jokes aside. Think about the morbidity and mortality of renal transplantation. If you're one of their kids, you will be better off having one sick or dead parent than having both of them die on you. Yar'dua should go to World specialized renal transplant centers, eg Mayo clinic, Cleveland clinic, or even the one in Zurich, Swizterland. The Saudi Arabians flock Mayo clinic like bees, I treated many of them in Rochester, MN those days. So why should our president go to Saudi Arabia when the Saudis go to MN? Well, unless he is on FBI wanted list like IBB, and co.

Do you think they don't know these facts
They went to Saudi because they don't want the world to know he's that sick.
They told us he went to perform lesser hajj (whatever that means)
The whole thing was supposed to be top secret.
If the guy came to Mayo, it may appear on the nightly news
and they don't want that.

I wish him well
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 8:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

his first wife is no longer with him.
her kidneys are offlimits to him

the other wives and girlfriends should be interviewed as well.

They shouldnt hang it all on one woman when there are many of them.

relatives too.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

the other wives and girlfriends should be interviewed as well.
They shouldnt hang it all on one woman when there are many of them.
relatives too.

I hope n pray Yaradua puts this woman in prison and throw the keys away when they get back to Nigeria.
Where is the moral support?
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hannibal:

I hope n pray Yaradua puts this woman in prison and throw the keys away when they get back to Nigeria.
Where is the moral support?

are you asking for her moral or renal support ? grin
Is she the only person in the Yaradua family with kidneys
she's even an adopted family member
if he needed a heart transplant should she also give hers away
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
naija women don suffer oh.

What if she even gives the kidney and his body still rejects it?

It does happen.

She'll be minus one kidney and the man and his family will regard her as the one kidney wife. undecided Compared to all the other concubines with their own organs intact.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Hannibal: 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

are you asking for her moral or renal support ? grin
Is she the only person in the Yaradua family with kidneys
she's even an adopted family member
if he needed a heart transplant should she also give hers away

Whatever happened to the wedding vows.
For better for worse. . . . .
Yaradua should throw this woman out if he overcomes his predicament.
Thatz what i'd do.
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by dudu19(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2008
But u cant really blame the poor woman she's offered to get it done in germany,

so whats the fuss all about am very sure she has her reasons for opting to get

it done in europe. Abegii make dem carry the sick man go germany jooooo cool cool
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 8:26pm On Sep 03, 2008
tpia:

naija women don suffer oh.

What if she even gives the kidney and his body still rejects it?

It does happen.

She'll be minus one kidney and the man and his family will regard her as the one kidney wife. undecided Compared to all the other concubines with their own organs intact.

This boy you go kill me hia.
Knowing Naija,this may even be common gossip at the market square
when she has a verbal altercation with someone,the individual will tell her

"look at this one,when people with complete anatomy will talk,you sef with incomplete parts will open mouth kwa"

or

"look at this woman,don't let me come there and yank out that your remaining kidney, idiot"

people get bad mouth ,I'm telling thee
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by Queenisha: 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hannibal:

Whatever happened to the wedding vows.
For better for worse. . . . .
Yaradua should throw this woman out if he overcomes his predicament.
Thatz what i'D do.

Hmm!!
Then I'll ask for my kidney back wink
and if you refuse,I have the right to take my property using whatever means I deem fit
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by naijaking1: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2008
Queenisha:

Do you think they don't know these facts
They went to Saudi because they don't want the world to know he's that sick.
They told us he went to perform lesser hajj (whatever that means)
The whole thing was supposed to be top secret.
If the guy came to Mayo, it may appear on the nightly news
and they don't want that.

I wish him well

I wish him well too. Hide, hide, hide. Next thing is to hide 6ft under!
Re: Mrs Yaradua Refuses To Part With Her Kidney In Saudi? by tpia: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2008
In a polygamic situation, does for better for worse still apply?

I don't think so. undecided

More like every man for himself and every woman for herself and her children.

Taking multiple vows with multiple partners invalidates them all, imo.

anyway, I hope he gets better. He should go to a proper hospital in the English speaking west, by the way. Nothing secret about his condition now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too / Nigeria's Failure As A Nation: Who's To Blame - Leadership Or Followership? / Will Removing The "State Of Origin" From The Constitution Make Nigeria Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.