Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! (3569 Views)

Hip TV Or Soundcity Which Do You Prefer / Hip Tv Vs Soundcity / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by koffman007: 7:16pm On Sep 03, 2008
Why is it that all these media houses feel they can get rich quick off upcoming artistes? i heard from a reliable source that that girl on sound city called yinka or, ''yeancah'' as she spells it was demanding $250 from an artiste saying if he wanted his video on her charts,thats what he would have to pay.Hip tvif you dont pay them a visit they dont want to recognize you.What ever happened to ''if i'm hot, let the world know''? In Nigeria everyone is after your finances .Radio,if they paid royalties to artistes for playing their songs,then it would make sense for the artiste to pay them for his song to be played but in Nigeria dem no send you, Well i know say nothing wey this post fit do but i just had to let it out and wish all naija upcoming acts , GOODLUCK, and the entertainment industry the same.
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by fastmoney(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2008
its so sad to know bout this, ruggedman talked about this like 3 yrs ago but i tot it was sorted, cheap ass DJ's selling there conscience on air. and as 4 the yinka biaaatch, shez just sold her kids and happiness cos she never gonna be happy or have kids, she die a slow painful and lonely death.
Its sad that bare niggaz ignoreing this post, they rather comment on if modenine is hotta than rugged. BARE BITCH-ASS-NESS
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by Wordsmith(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2008
I feel your pain, doe. Dare Art Alade said something about we not having a full blown industry yet, just a music scene which is still in its rudimentary state. Underground cats get exploited for the few pesos they have. . . Methinks, the scene would gradually evolve to what it should be like, only time would tell. .
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by YourFather: 8:35am On Sep 05, 2008
Fastmoney slow down on the Yeancah abuse, thats a bit much.

Yes they take money, not the main problem I have, the issue for me is at least still stand up for act wey try, simply.

Dare Art Alade too dey talk, when people like him are actually part of the problem, all those MFs will play is music, wtf is carry dey go?
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by Bamsyle(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2008
This issue keeps rearing its ugly head. All these stupid DJs and VJs are just so terrible. That's why half of what we see and hear on TV & radio these days are mediocre songs with plenty dough to promote 'em. I also know folks who complain 'bout these stuffs. In fact, the annoying thing is DJs I used ta respect and have love for also do these things. Examples are DJ Humiliated Humility, DJ Tommy, DJ Midas - all of Rhythm FM. Also some presenters idiots at Cool FM, all those hungry DJs at Eko FM, etc. There's no way this industry's gonna grow with all these crooks. They're the cankerworms of the media.

Whatever happened to Good Name over Riches? *and where even are the riches? Does anyone get rich through exploitation?*
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by fastmoney(m): 10:36am On Sep 05, 2008
Bamsyle:

This issue keeps rearing its ugly head. All these stupid DJs and VJs are just so terrible. That's why half of what we see and hear on TV & radio these days are mediocre songs with plenty dough to promote 'em. I also know folks who complain 'bout these stuffs. In fact, the annoying thing is DJs I used ta respect and have love for also do these things. Examples are DJ Humiliated Humility, DJ Tommy, DJ Midas - all of Rhythm FM. Also some presenters idiots at Cool FM, all those hungry DJs at Eko FM, etc. There's no way this industry's going to grow with all these crooks. They're the cankerworms of the media.

Whatever happened to Good Name over Riches? *and where even are the riches? Does anyone get rich through exploitation?*

yes fam, i feel u on that, those hungry ikeja DJ's at eko fm, but i would be disappointed if humillity does stuff like dat, i rate him higher than jimmy jatt.
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by Bamsyle(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2008
Yes my man, he does it. I also used ta rate him very high. But they do it on a coded level at Rhythm. At Eko FM, those boys are so razz they could carry placards asking for money. But at Rhythm, they do it on a corporate level. Their charges are even some of the highest from what I heard.
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by solidgai: 11:37am On Sep 05, 2008
dis goes to just hit more on d point that nigerians ar corrupt. but wait, even if this gais wanna earn some extras 2 their pay cheque, i think they shuld b guud enuff 2 d industry and naijarians in all, if an artiste brings somethin wack, pls dont take his money, tell him 2 go spend d money on d song 2 improve it, they shuld stop assaulting our eyes and ears with all these crap. d industry must grow, positively. and 4 all dem corupt on air personalities, remember d law of karma, its gonna come back & hit u where u least expect.

peace
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by koffman007: 5:25pm On Sep 05, 2008
God bless you guys for feeling this growing pain, i know for a fact that dj humility does collect money and he'll probably play the song a couple of times and thats it.how do you expect newcomers to rival people like Dbanj when they dont have money?Back in the day all you needed was a good song and sky was the limit, but now, these djs play songs of people they know will pay them, it has even got to a point where people like dbanj dont even pay in advance because the djs would call them and say omo i dey play your song gan o! i mean honestly all the songs dbanj has come up with from begining till date,if he didnt have the money he has now would he have this kind of airplay? We all know the answer, its sad back in the day people like daddy showkey,baba fryo,danny wilson,blackky,sonny okosun,sunny ade,mike okri,esse agesse,onyeka onwenu,christyessien etc didnt have to pay for airplay but now if they had a single because of the trend now they would have to, What a shame!
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2008
DJ HUMILLITY,DJ THOMMY,TEDDY DA FRESH PRINCE,UGLY BETTY,I MEAN KEMISTRY,DJ BOMBASTIC,DJ SWITCH,CHI CHI,OLISA ADIBUA,DJ MANNI,GBEMI,ONOME AKA BIG TYME,EEEEEEETTTTTTTTCCCCCCCCCC,ALL THESE CATS BE RIPPING UNDERGROUND ARTISTES OFF THE LIL MONEY THEY MAKE,AND THEY SMILE WITH THEIR DIRTY MOUTHS ON AIR SAYING THEY PLAY THE BEST MUSIC,THEM 4 THEY EVEN ANOUNCE AM 4 RADIO,30K A TRACK OOOOOOO,IF U WAN BLOW.

CHEAP ASS FOOLS,NO WONDER 50 CENT DID HOW TO ROB,COS SOME OF THESE PRESENTERS NEED A GAT 2 THEIR HEADS.
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by koffman007: 11:38am On Sep 06, 2008
amechi, i feel you but from what i've heard onome bigtime doesnt collect dough, but as for the others, dem wan collect die!!
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
koffman007:

Why is it that all these media houses feel they can get rich quick off upcoming artistes? i heard from a reliable source that that girl on sound city called yinka or, ''yeancah'' as she spells it was demanding $250 from an artiste saying if he wanted his video on her charts,thats what he would have to pay.Hip tvif you don't pay them a visit they don't want to recognize you.What ever happened to ''if i'm hot, let the world know''? In Nigeria everyone is after your finances .Radio,if they paid royalties to artistes for playing their songs,then it would make sense for the artiste to pay them for his song to be played but in Nigeria them no send you, Well i know say nothing wey this post fit do but i just had to let it out and wish all naija upcoming acts , GOODLUCK, and the entertainment industry the same.

Don't b quick to judge,y not ask d guy what his proposition to yeancha was?.Believe me that d guy was actually askin her or more like pleadin that she shld put his song on d CHART.And u know,homegirl lookin 4 fast cash.
Re: Hip Tv &soundcity: Bribe Taking! by koffman007: 11:16am On Sep 10, 2008
@ olayokun yeah true , but i heard from a very reliable source ie, horses mouth he wasnt even in nigeria and she got his number and called him, everybody must chop but no take another man blood take build your fortune,

(1) (Reply)

Which Video Is Better (bigiano's Shayo Vs Tuface's Enter Da Place) / ***breaking News - G-unit Signs Mode 9 *** / Pinjra - Jasmine Sandlas Mp3 Song Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.