Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:19 AM

A Player Is Getting Played Here. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Player Is Getting Played Here. (1139 Views)

Help Me My Sister Is Getting Out Of Hand / Why Is Getting Married Referred To As "Settling Down"? / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Player Is Getting Played Here. by DeepZone: 12:18am On Sep 04, 2008

[size=14pt]My husband doesn’t know where the extra cash comes from! [/size]

Written by Bunmi Sofola
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Dear Bunmi,

I bet you don’t get to write about people like me but there are plenty of us in this country especially in Lagos where I operate. I am a married woman with children. My husband lost his job over four years ago and hasn’t been able to find another one.

In the meantime, the flat will have to be paid for and the kids’ school fees.

Before 1 got married, 1 used to go with a group of girls to all these fancy parties where going home with any man with cash to burn was the objective.

By a stroke of luck, I ran into a couple of ‘friends’ from those days and soon resumed the nights out. 1 am a nurse and find it easy to lie to my husband about working nights on overtime so I could get more cash.

He would welcome any excuse to have money to spend himself and I have this sneaky feeling that as long as 1 bring in the money, he might not be interested in looking for a job.

He doesn’t know what I’m up to at nights and it would break his heart if he finds out. I don’t enjoy what I do and would love to stop.

Joanne,

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/sep/3/312.html

Is it possible for a man to collect extra cash from his wife knowing full well she doesn't make that much from her salary without raising an eyebrow on where she got them? From the story, is it not likely that he knew what she's doing but decided to shut up because of his lazy bones? I only see a thing like this in America but not in Nigeria.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by Hannibal: 12:32am On Sep 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Is it possible for a man to collect extra cash from his wife knowing full well she doesn't make that much from her salary without raising an eyebrow on where she got them? From the story, is it not likely that he knew what she's doing but decided to shut up because of his lazy bones? I only see a thing like this in America but not in Nigeria.

What has this gotta do with playas?
A jobless man with a wife who sleeps around for cash and all u can come up with is "a playa is getting played".
U need Jesus. tongue
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by KarmaMod(f): 12:41am On Sep 04, 2008
how is he a player?
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 04, 2008
Abegi, the woman is playing herself.
Well, the guy's also getting played, idiot is not asking where she got the money from
Later on it'll be "where did you get HIV from?"
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by Okijajuju1(m): 12:48am On Sep 04, 2008
This makes the husband a love-vendor and his wife a hooker. grin
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by DeepZone: 2:27am On Sep 04, 2008
Pleasoo, i was referring to the woman as the playa and not the man.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by sunkyboy: 6:10am On Sep 04, 2008
i think she doesnt know what she saying by player been played.ur family need christ.cos both the man and the woman with their children are in for serious trouble soon.it might be HIV.lazy husband,we all know good jobs are scarce but if u are determine to work ,u will find something to do to sustain and be a man
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by StephenP(m): 6:14am On Sep 04, 2008
LOL This story is pretty funny.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by sistawoman: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2008
DeepZone:

Did i misread or did the woman not say she was based in Lagos?
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by timbabng(m): 12:08am On Sep 05, 2008
i'm sure the husband knows but doesnt give a damn
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by TOYOSI20(f): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2008
I think this woman is getting the short end of the stick here,

She is seriously being used, I mean literailly. . . . embarassed
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by tope2000(f): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2008
timba_bng:

i'm sure the husband knows but doesnt give a damn

my thought excatly
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by ula(f): 11:41am On Sep 08, 2008
the woman wants 2 continue from where she stopped b4 she got married, the man knows but really doesnt give a damn becos as far as he's concerned, the woman is a stupid woman.

as 4 something like this happening in naija, men nowadays dont want to do their responsibilities when they marry. you should take care of urself and the family if possible and he'll be doing the sexual part. so im not surprised.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by naomijt(f): 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2008
Can you really blame the man some will say. Birds of the same feathers!!! The two of them are the same.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by hunniebomb(f): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2008
for all u know, the husband knows how his wifey gets the extra cash but is keeping mute. When he sabi gets better job, he will dump her cheating ass.
word.
Re: A Player Is Getting Played Here. by Tgirl4real(f): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
hunniebomb:

for all u know, the husband knows how his wifey gets the extra cash but is keeping mute. When he sabi gets better job, he will dump her cheating ass.
word.

Yea, true

(1) (Reply)

How To Influence Your Husband To Love You Again / What Does This Mean? What Would You Think If Your Wife Was Postin Dis? / How To Maintain Two Homes With 80k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.