Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) (1260 Views)

Copy Of The Petition Against The Deputy Senate President / Ike Ekweremadu Emerges Deputy-Senate President Of 8th Senate / Deputy Senate Presidency: Sen. Ekweremadu And Ahmad Ali Ndume Lock Horns... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by jameela: 2:07am On Sep 05, 2008
Senator Ik Ekweremadu is interviewed on CNN concerning Barack Obama and his performance at the Democratic National Convention, see how he disgraces Nigeria ,  first he doesnt understand the question and starts speaking out of point, then he looks straight faced and begins to lie through his nose, then to rub salt on injury he starts talking about "change" being an african idea instead of a Barack Obama campaign slogan. This guy should be impeached for disgracing Naija.

Abeg click the link and watch for yourselves

http://www.viewnaija.com/video-3153.html
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by DeepZone: 2:32am On Sep 05, 2008
I listened to what he said and couldn't pick out what you are saying. What was wrong with what he said or do you want him to fake his accent? i only have problem with his attire, he was not properly dressed as an African man. I guess he didn't know he'll be interviewed.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 3:47am On Sep 05, 2008
@poster:

What exactly are you talking about?
Have you been on a live TV in another country (United States of America for that matter) before?
What exactly do you expect this dude to say?

Hey, there is no such thing as perfect human being; I think this dude gave his best.

FYI: well informed folks have complete respect for other people's accent.

@Poster: Get a life!
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by jameela: 3:55am On Sep 05, 2008
Aaaah my people ,  see me see trouble ,  where did I berate or accuse him of having a Nigerian accent? ,  I was talking about the content of what he was saying ,  they asked him what he learnt ,  and first he starts by congratulating all the people in the world that made his invitation to get a visa to America come to past ,  the interviewer had to cut him off and bring him back to point ,  then they asked him about the rigging and fake elections we had in Nigeria and then he is talking about REFORMS and stuff that have been implemented ,  what reforms ,  didnt they annul the edo state elections and kick out Osunbor and install Oshiomole? ,  but isnt osunbor still occupying the office? ,  that is a LIE by any parameter ,  and then he talks about Barack Obama representing the CHANGE that is going on in Africa ,  what CHANGE?

Please listen to him critically and not as a brainwashed Nigerian as they want us all to be ,  we must hold our leaders accountable esp when they go on international TV like CNN

and I do have a Nigerian accent myself and I am proud of it ,  so I am NOT dissing this so called senator for his igbotic accent ,  but to be frank I think he should be selling spare parts ,  and honestly ,  did anyone vote for him? ,  I guess not ,  PDP just installed him and force fed Nigeria with him like the force fed us that sick mallam called Ya'ardua.

He shouldnt be permitted to even mention the name BARACK OBAMA ,   what has light got to do with darkness ,  PUHLEEEAAASE!!!!

Someone please lend that "INNAA" man a SLAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 4:04am On Sep 05, 2008
Look my man, Just because Oyinbo ask you a question doesn't mean you have to jump.
The man congratulated few folks and then answered the question.

I think you should go ahead and listen to the interview once again. This time around, try to pay attention instead of looking to judge him (Nigerian retarded mentality).

Question:
Why are we so quick to judge one another negatively?
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by darkroll(m): 4:08am On Sep 05, 2008
@ poster

I feel what you saying , his response to the question asked him is totally out of the box .
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by DeepZone: 4:28am On Sep 05, 2008
I've listened to his response for the third time and am yet to get what the poster meant. This is a live TV and he's an international. Will Obama or mccain answer questions about Nigerian politics that way? Was it not GW Bush that thought that Africa is a country(simple geography) yet, they voted him in. Again, he told the woman that he was grateful the DNC gave them the opportunity to attend their convention, how did that translate to visa? especially for a man that was living in the US? Obama said the same thing during his European tour in Berlin, does it mean he was thanking the German govt for giving him visa? Get a life bro.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by TPS360: 4:33am On Sep 05, 2008
Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by naijaking1: 4:46am On Sep 05, 2008
@poster
Would it have been better if he had spoken in Hausa or Arabic?
Politicians never answer questions directly, even in naija.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by jameela: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2008
Dark Roll , thank you very much , for letting your eye see and your ear hear

Deepzone please watch it one more time , maybe another time after that , and another , sometimes the word that defines the condition of having to repeatedly go over something before assimilation is called "AUTISM" or in more simplistic terms , "that Bro is dammmn slooow"

This is a fait accompli
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by bilymuse: 11:20am On Sep 05, 2008
Jameela
I watched the video together with some of my colleagues in the office who are involve in PR ( mostly Europeans); the judgement was the guy did well.

You must separate the man from the speech, and analyse if he was able to pass his message across within the limit of his personality. Apart from the first question when he stray from the content thanking people who facilitated his visa, it was okay.

That as you all are aware is a malaise of the Nigerian system, before you start a speech, you must pay homage to the president, governors and the godfathers.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by bilymuse: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2008
[size=14pt]Jameela[/size]
sometimes the word that defines the condition of having to repeatedly go over something before assimilation is called "AUTISM"

One of my colleague who is deeply involve in charity work take exception and deeply upset with your misuse of the word "autism". He felt the use is degrading to people living with autism and his asking for an apology
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 1:25pm On Sep 05, 2008
@poster:
Again, grow up and get a life!
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by dudubobo1: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2008
@poster, I think you're over-reacting.
you're right about him not answering the initial question and the lady had to lead him into the next question but from then on, it was a very good interview and I actually think he did himself and Nigeria proud.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by carmelily: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
why do people keep referring to jameela as male? undecided
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by dudubobo1: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
bilymuse:

[size=14pt]Jameela[/size]

One of my colleague who is deeply involve in charity work take exception and deeply upset with your misuse of the word "autism". He felt the use is degrading to people living with autism and his asking for an apology

@billy, no offence intended but please tell your colleague to go and hang himself. What does he think he is asking for an apology for something that an unknown person posts on an internet forum, probably even having a laugh about his posts.
I bet your colleague is a white European - they the ones who are usually hung up on such things.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
@dudu-bobo:

I bet you that if your child or any of your family members was born with "autism" you wouldn't think this matter was funny?

I do no think that there is anything wrong with watching what we say by thinking broadly before posting rubbish; you just never know who is out there being affected by your careless statement.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by dudubobo1: 2:37pm On Sep 05, 2008
@ BigB , I am one of those who dont believe in the hype around autism. If a child is not very smart, it's alright for them to be involved in other things. I never heard of autism till I left Nigeria. each child knew where they belonged and there is no pampering or papering over obvious natural difficulties.

Dont get me wrong: I am not in support of anyone putting anyone down for natural things.

We just need to rise above certain things and not think that everyone has to reason like us. most people in nigeria will take the concept of autism differently from the way they are taken here.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by beystwin: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2008
I think that the poster needs psychological help. that interview was spot on.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2008
I am one of those who don't believe in the hype around autism. If a child is not very smart, it's alright for them to be involved in other things. I never heard of autism till I left Nigeria.

My man, it is obvious that you know nothing about "autism"; and this is the main reason for us not to just open our mouth carelessly without fully understanding the content of the subject.

Please, get yourself more familiar with autism, and I hope you will never experience a direct effect of "autism" in any way.

FYI: "Autism" has very little to do with being smart and has a lot to do with one's state of mind.

One love and much respect for all people that have dealt or currently dealing with "autism". There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel; keep hope alive.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by dudubobo1: 4:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
Big B1:

My man, it is obvious that you know nothing about "autism"; and this is the main reason for us not to just open our mouth carelessly without fully understanding the content of the subject.

Please, get yourself more familiar with autism, and I hope you will never experience a direct effect of "autism" in any way.

FYI: "Autism" has [size=14pt]very little to do with being smart and has a lot to do with one's state of mind. [/size]
One love and much respect for all people that have dealt or currently dealing with "autism". There is a bright light at the end of the tunnel; keep hope alive.

Smartness is nothing but a state of the mind. I may not be as smart as another man because his mind is more agile than mine.

I have also come across people who have such conditions and they were not referred to as being autistic but they found their own levels in life. Everyone is not the same and cannot be the same. Differences are not necessarily supposed to always be seen as something to medically diagnose and make mountains out of molehills.

Sorry if I sound brash. I dont want to sound mean but that's my opinion.

I could claim to have a medical condition because some of my peers did things I could not do. I could claim to have a medical condition because I am not as gifted as JayJay Okocha.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by BigB11(m): 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2008
Smartness is nothing but a state of the mind

You could be smart and at the same time have a backward state of mind; get it right!

Good luck, my man!
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by obiem(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hey don't see nothing wrong with the interview, the only thing dat he couldn't help is his accent and his non african attire! The accent thing shows he's proudly africa! 9ja and an Igbo man! so,

The attire was not too gud for an african lol grin grin grin
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by dudubobo1: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
@BigB, goodnight.

That quote was yours

FYI: "Autism" has very little to do with being smart and has a lot to do with one's state of mind.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by DeepZone: 7:02pm On Sep 05, 2008
Deepzone please watch it one more time , maybe another time after that , and another , sometimes the word that defines the condition of having to repeatedly go over something before assimilation is called "AUTISM" or in more simplistic terms , "that Bro is dammmn slooow

@Jameela, if you have a personal agro with that guy and you are hating that the CNN gave his audience, let us know and we may offer some help. There were 5 of them that attended the DNC and he was chosen for the interview probably by the other 4, so they wouldn't choose him to go and represent us if he's a retard.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by debosky(m): 7:13pm On Sep 05, 2008
I find absolutely nothing wrong with his response - his replies were well composed, thought out and coherent.

I'm guessing the author of this thread wanted a specific response, while the Senator gave one that was from his own view point.

She asked him about electoral reform, he responded, making the very necessary observation about internal party democracy. He wasn't the one who brought the subject up, so in that regard you are very wrong.

With regards to Oshiomhole, you exhibit sheer ignorance - the matter has been appealed and that is why Osunbor is still there - as far as I know, he said nothing false or inaccurate. He simply said reforms are being implemented, he did not claim that things are perfect in Nigeria.

Leave your extreme view point for a moment and watch objectively, this man gave an intelligent and well mannered opinion of Nigeria in his conversation. Why are you saying he is congratulating the NDI for 'giving' him visa? Don't you know senators hold diplomatic passports and can go wherever they wish?
It was prudent of him to mention the NDI, to show the whole world that it wasn't some jamboree on government funds, but that he actually had a real agenda/mission - meeting with world leaders and sharing opinions.
Re: Deputy Senate President On CNN (Video) by DeepZone: 7:23pm On Sep 05, 2008
I find absolutely nothing wrong with his response - his replies were well composed, thought out and coherent.

I'm guessing the author of this thread wanted a specific response, while the Senator gave one that was from his own view point.

She asked him about electoral reform, he responded, making the very necessary observation about internal party democracy. He wasn't the one who brought the subject up, so in that regard you are very wrong.

With regards to Oshiomhole, you exhibit sheer ignorance - the matter has been appealed and that is why Osunbor is still there - as far as I know, he said nothing false or inaccurate. He simply said reforms are being implemented, he did not claim that things are perfect in Nigeria.

Leave your extreme view point for a moment and watch objectively, this man gave an intelligent and well mannered opinion of Nigeria in his conversation. Why are you saying he is congratulating the NDI for 'giving' him visa? Don't you know senators hold diplomatic passports and can go wherever they wish?
It was prudent of him to mention the NDI, to show the whole world that it wasn't some jamboree on government funds, but that he actually had a real agenda/mission - meeting with world leaders and sharing opinions.

Perfect response!!!

(1) (Reply)

Obama Swats Fly / Efcc Arrest Failed Bank Mds. / Ireland:15 Year Old Nigerian Stabbed To Death In A Suspected Racist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.