Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Ahmadu Bello Holiday! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmadu Bello Holiday! (1297 Views)

A Shiite Member Shot At Ahmadu Bello University Zaria - Saharareporters / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Throwback: Sir Ahmadu Bello's Burnt House In Kaduna,1966 Where He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 8:55am On Sep 07, 2008
He was the first premier of Northern Nigeria and a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio. He led his party, the NPC to form alliance with Azikiwes NCNC to foster our independence from the British YET, there are few monuments in Nigeria to immortalize him. Why should the likes of Murtala Muhammed(a villain), Alvin ekoku(don't know what he did for Nigeria) and Herbert Macaulay make it to our currency before the great Ahmadu Bello? Awolowo, Namdi Azikiwe etc has airports, universities, currencies, boulevards to their names but Ahmadu Bello has only a university and 200 naira(which was done lately) to his name.

Ahmadu Bello was a man of peace, very brilliant and an Obama of the 20th century. Because of his gruesome murder, is it not appropriate to dedicate a day for him as our national holiday?

Sir Ahmadu Bello
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DRANOEL(m): 9:15am On Sep 07, 2008
just thinking of reasons why you posted this and i've come up with one<you weren't properly laid last night
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2008
just thinking of reasons why you posted this and i've come up with one<you weren't properly laid last night

Will you then come and lay me properly? undecided undecided
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by abdurrazaq(m): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2008
DeepZone:

but Ahmadu Bello has only a university and 200 naira(which was done lately) to his name.

These are enough as National Honour undecided Declaring Holiday to mourn him or what?
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DRANOEL(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2008
DeepZone:

Will you then come and lay me properly? undecided undecided

just give me ur addy and i promise i'll make u come
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 11:03am On Sep 07, 2008
1623 sex avenue river Nile.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DRANOEL(m): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2008
very funny,u no most girls dont actually get to come in their life time,and i'm actually giving you an opportunity of head
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by redsun(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2008
I bet that is why most girls are becoming lesbians these days,they take their time to wine each other up and reach climax.Lesbians use to be tom-boys looking girls,but not anymore,pretty sleek bitches lusting for bitches.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by RibaduFan(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2008
@Draneol

The next time u talk to my wife in such an indecent manner, am going to cut off ur head.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 07, 2008
Does it mean Zik, Awo, Urizu and co will get their own national holidays too?
If so, then I bet Nigerian housewives are going to love this idea. Strikes and national holidays are the only periods randy Nigerian husbands get to stay home and service their wives. tongue
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by BUSHFELLOW(m): 3:34pm On Sep 07, 2008
is it about amadu or sucking up to make some one come. but i think the man has been honored enough. we await what will be giving to Anthony Enahoro after he is gone for he was the one who move the motion for independence.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by BUSHFELLOW(m): 3:40pm On Sep 07, 2008
Our independence day should be a day to honor all of our heroes if every nigeria who contributed to the growth of this nation should be honor with a public holiday then we will have 365 days sit at home.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by nuggard(m): 5:10pm On Sep 07, 2008
Deepzone I think I'll invite MC Usman to come see this. You actually agree that good can come from the North. Ope o! smiley

There are so many Roads named Ahmadu Bello Way so there is no need. At the zero rate at which infrastructure is been built we'll never get to Yar Adua Way, "talk less" of naming everything after all the dead heroes.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by Jarus(m): 5:26pm On Sep 07, 2008
Another non-sensical thread from Deepzone, just to please those of us that have accused her of being a chronic critic of North and Muslims. Hypocrisy at its height!

What has Ahmadu Bello not got?
One of the most prestigious varsities in the country named after him.
Ahmadu Bello way VI, Lagos and in other major cities in the country.

I ask Deepzone: Has there been a public holiday named after a person in Nigeria, nay in Africa?

If Yar'adua, for example, comes up with that idea, it is people like you that will first criticize him of naming a NATIONAL holiday after a sectional leader(AB was the leader of the North, just as Awo and Zik were leaders of the West and East respectively--but Zik later became national after becoming first indigenous Governor-General).

FYI Herbert Macaulay, though a Yoruba man, was at the forefront of nationalist moves before he died. He was more national than Awo and AB. But because he was older than these men, he died earlier and Awo, Zik and AB finished the struggle.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 7:10pm On Sep 07, 2008
These northerners sef, either way, they are suspecting your motive. I don tire for una. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by bilymuse: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2008
DeepZone
watin concern you, concern Ahmadu Bello, na your relative!!!!
Busybody, Agaracha!!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by nuggard(m): 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2008
yes

Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by boyscout: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2008
@ Deep zone(Funmi)

Welcome with this subtle attack. You are gradually spreading so much hate that you do not know when to be civil. Sooner than later names calling will go on here and the tribal sentiment will rear its head. Just imagine unprintable name that will be called our leaders on both side of the divide. Since you are not biological offspring of that from your region it will not hurt you. Just imagine if this were about your Parents,will you allow people to diss them? of course not.

You sure know how to make peole angry.If this is your blessing,then your day will soon be here

Take a look at all the hate post you paste here? You initiate all but wrong things.

If you know what the Mandiba is to south Africa, that is exactly what Ahamdu Bello is to Northen Nigeria
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by RibaduFan(m): 4:55pm On Sep 08, 2008
What on God's earth has the poor girl done? she has recommended a holiday for a deserving National Hero and you want to crucify her.

If there has been any form of hatred displayed, think it is embedded in ur last post.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by boyscout: 5:11pm On Sep 08, 2008
yemmyse:

What on God's earth has the poor girl done? she has recommended a holiday for a deserving National Hero and you want to crucify her.

If there has been any form of hatred displayed, think it is embedded in your last post.

A whole lot.
If you are just new then I do forgive your Ignorance. With her antecedent, mischief is the hall mark of this particular thread, read in between the comments made so far. I do say I know where funmi is going with this thread. So than later we all shall have insults poured at the people we revered. Some one some where is waiting for another to slip then it will come. She knows very well what she is playing with and what she wants.
If you choose to play Ostrich. It is you show.

funmi, be utilise your ingenuity for better things.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2008
People should learn not to take their frustration out on another. I sincerely asked for more recognition for Ahmadu Bello, who I revere so much but you twisted loons are reading something else from the footnote. Paranoia if you ask me.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by Jarus(m): 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2008
boyscout:

A whole lot.
If you are just new then I do forgive your Ignorance. With her antecedent, mischief is the hall mark of this particular thread, read in between the comments made so far. I do say I know where funmi is going with this thread. So than later we all shall have insults poured at the people we revered. Some one some where is waiting for another to slip then it will come. She knows very well what she is playing with and what she wants.
If you choose to play Ostrich. It is you show.

funmi, be utilise your ingenuity for better things.

Deepzone has a rich mischief antecedents, and this thread is yet another hypocritical thread from her, to 'prove' that she's not a NORTH-HATER! We refuse to be fooled!
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by RibaduFan(m): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Deepzone

sincere advice, please dont go anywhere near the north, seems there is a warrant on u.

P.S Pls also disclose any more personal information on this forum, could be dangerous.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2008
Deepzone has a rich mischief antecedents, and this thread is yet another hypocritical thread from her, to 'prove' that she's not a NORTH-HATER! We refuse to be fooled!

Beleive what you like; I love them kuli kuli boys.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by DeepZone: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2008
@Deepzone

sincere advice, please don't go anywhere near the north, seems there is a warrant on u.

P.S Please also disclose any more personal information on this forum, could be dangerous.

It's a pity they couldn't see that i was more of their friend because I tell them the truth. They are probably used to sycophants.
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by bilymuse: 10:16am On Sep 09, 2008
DeepZone
Is it because MC Usman accuse you of northern bashing, that prompted you to advocate for Ahmadu Bello holiday? If yes, lm terrible disappointed.

MC Usman is just another half baked northern illiterate, who works in a cybercafe and use the opportunity to post rubbish. he is a member of banza bakwai and shallow. If he has any shred of decency he should post a thread advising Yaradua to stop lying in the holy month of Ramadan and tell Nigerians the truth about his visit to Saudi Arabia

For your info:
there is no northern state without a monument dedicated to Ahmadu Bello
Re: Ahmadu Bello Holiday! by obiem(m): 12:04pm On Sep 11, 2008
Wat else do u want us to do: there's Ahmadu Bello way in Kaduna and Maiduguri, there's a university in his name, there's our currency that bears his potrait! Isn't that enough? Maybe we should rename Nigeria to AHBELLORIA ? If u want a public holiday to commemorate him, then i think his contemporaries: Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe, should also get their days observed as public holidays?

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Doesn't Have Much To Offer / Jubril Aminu Speaks. . .a Very Interesting Piece! / Housing For All Under Vision 20:2020? By Nasir Ahmad El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.