Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / . (7080 Views)

Poll: Do support this Song should be Banned??

Yes: 45% (14 votes)
No: 54% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show / Maga Don Pay Not The Right Song: / Kelly Handsome - Maga Don Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2008
Re: . by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2008
I'll say the song is promoting CONCEPTS, sorry men but i like, i mean i love the rhythm and lyrics of dat song, and oh did i mention the Video, splendid.
Re: . by owolomo(m): 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2008
hmmmm, the vid is nice,
Re: . by UKBoy1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2008
Its paNTS. Just my opinion.
Re: . by showbobo(m): 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2008
The song should be banned,the singer jailed for singing crap and kennis music should be castrated for signing that lad on their label.He doesnt worth it abit
Re: . by MeGaStReEt: 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2008
the beat bam, na very fine intro them use for the song, but for the video na rubbish, thoough na LA dem for shut am na rubbish video, keniss just lock himself n some kin girls for one room begin form don wey im no be, i wish all those oyinbo wey shoot the video kno wetin e mean, them for arest them for there, but to be sincere i wish na ID CAB or DJ T do de video e for make more sense, because the video different 4rm d song, e b like all those 2face video wey them dey go shoot for am for isreal some for uk, france, hong kong, russia etc yet them no dey make sense

i like kelly handsome, the song no be song wey them fit play for responsible home, na only for street

i fit rate the song 50% as a guyman

but for old pipo na 0% d guy get

for the video na 30%

everyother thing 25%

message self na 2%

the guy try sha, i don hear another of im song wey beta pass maga don pay
Re: . by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 09, 2008
LMAO @ showbobo and MeGaStReEt grin grin grin

Oya now, Letz go now! Sample di OWO, Sample di Ego! 2 much money, ma problem is how to spend it!
Plenty Dollar, straight to aboki make he start to change it!
I don suffer, everyday and nite, awon boiz dey for system!
Now I don hammer, Baba God don bless me I don't want to change it!

All na same folks, i like d song sha, but kelly 2 jabo for d song! Anyways notin do am, xcept for d wack kenniz videos, they shot 2 vids for dat song alone and still wak! I think kelly's better off as a producer, he used to produce for blackface and co be4! cool

1 Like

Re: . by A40(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2008
A whacker version of yahoozey.The song is just wiggidy wiggidy wiggidy whack pardon my Eedris rendition
Re: . by freelance(m): 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
The song is ok. I like it wink
Re: . by annekix(m): 7:49pm On Sep 09, 2008
comon you guys wakeup!!

yes the song is okay and is kinda catchy i will admit that.

but, it sends a very very negative message to the nigerian youths who are now thinking its Okay to scam and do Yahoo Yahoo.

i mean we already have enuff problems with nigeria beignstereotyped for home of 419 and internet fraud, with out some dimwit glorifying yahoo yahoo.

Hey, i can already see it now, BBC has the captivating new's headline "Scamming in nigeria", with the video of maga don pay as the intro where kelly's dancing wit some skinny white ho's.

Guy's try and compare Kelly whateva to the likes of:

9ice
dbanj
Banky W
p square
Neato C

it's hard innit?

these fellas actually have one thing kelly does not have TALENT!! plus i see them as good role models ( aint sure bout dbanj tho but he's still cool)

Oh and i 4got to add the latest guy blowing my mind to the list , M.I

substance, skill, talent key qualities kelly aint got and unfortunately the kids gonna be a One hit wonder, i aint hating but i have this feeling he wont last.

but his music has no substance and his hit track "maga don pay" sounds like a fluke.
Re: . by Dclique(m): 11:35pm On Sep 09, 2008
one thng bout oga keke n d1,is that i sign ppl that can fetch em good cash, n thats wot they saw in kelly hansome.so dnt blame em,its business
Re: . by lacicrips(m): 11:40pm On Sep 10, 2008
I almost broke my T.V. screen the first time I actually saw that video.

What's maga don pay?

Is that suppose to help our cybercafe rats change for good?

or

Make them wanna try harder in defrauding millions from innocent greedy whites?

Jeez! What was that guy thinking?

I've always known that musicians are useless (please pardon me for generalizing), it's just that some of these guys are spoiling the whole essence.

Maga don pay, what a looser.
Re: . by skingo(m): 5:38am On Sep 11, 2008
lacicrips:

so why didnt u? almost doesnt count by brandy.
Re: . by AfrknKngs(m): 6:15am On Sep 11, 2008
skingo:

so why didnt u? almost doesnt count by brandy.

LMAO, datz fukked up!! hahahahahahahaha,

lacicrips:

What's maga don pay?

Is that suppose to help our cybercafe rats change for good?

or

Make them want to try harder in defrauding millions from innocent greedy whites?

Jeez! What was that guy thinking?

I've always known that musicians are useless (please pardon me for generalizing), it's just that some of these guys are spoiling the whole essence.

Maga don pay, what a looser.

Dayum, Lol, no comments!

~We Are AKS~

Re: . by chronique(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2008
i must admit dat this song makes me feel ashamed of being a nigerian.it also takes away the lil respect i have for dat kenny guy.first tyme i heard the song,i was in a club wiv my artistes and i just felt it will just die like evry other wack song being played on air.was shocked to da bone to see the video on air moreso,to see kenny in dat video.wat on earth's sake was he doing there?am beginning to feel he forgot his head in a calabash wen he jumped on the set of dat video.dat song is a disgrace to my country and should be banned outrightly witout delay.
Re: . by skingo(m): 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2008
i think whoever is reading meaning into a song should curb it and be quiet. wen u criticise artists for not being original, for not having substance, for not being able to relate to their fanbase, and say things that make sense to their listeners, u fail to see that una dey compromise yourself.
ill say one thing and end it, whether good or bad, depends on what side of the spectru u r on, who in naija does not understand the term maga don pay?

even sauce kid say new world don pay the money for samboribobo video.
maga don pay, is a phrase all nigerians can identify with, hence kelly handsome has made him self known with that song. while youare busy criticising the song, realise that kennis music will milk that song and push it to the limits. controversies about this titles and so on will only keep kelly handsome in more interviews, tv screens etc.

go and learn entertainment or just curb it.
Re: . by A40(m): 11:35pm On Sep 12, 2008
@skingo
Point noted!! And you made a good one i am not a moralist but its just a really whack song its commercial appeal doesnt change its whackness
Re: . by doyin13(m): 3:41am On Sep 13, 2008
all those involved with the song should be arrested for Treason.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 13, 2008
'
Re: . by lacicrips(m): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
@skingo

I was just trying to explain how I felt about the song. It's very annoying.

When we are struggling to see how we can alleviate that menace to our society, somebody's coming up with an encouragement.

What kind of message is he trying to pass on to us, I just don't understand.
That's it's okay to be a fraud, a con artist?

Those folks who are contemplating on whether to go into fraud or not will finally make up their mind, don't u think?

They wanna enjoy other people's wealth while we pay dearly for it.

It's absurd.

First it was yahoozee now it's maga don pay.

How do you want the whites to look at us, that we are proud of what we do?
what goes around comes around.

Dnt be surprised that a white man or woman is waiting for you in their country to kill you even if u're innocent as far as u are a Nigerian u're a con artist, a fraud.

That's how Nigerians get killed overseas, so you better stay in ur country and not make any effort to live abroad. You could just get killed for someone else's crimes.

I don't blame Kenny Ogungbe for signing misfits like that, he is a big time con artist himself. I guess that's how he started.
Re: . by Shaz(f): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2008
BAN!
Re: . by ztyle(m): 2:53am On Apr 27, 2009
Shaz:

BAN!

WHY? Freedom of speech!
Re: . by Baro(m): 1:18pm On Apr 27, 2009
It's been BANNED already . .
Re: . by Utali(m): 7:32pm On Apr 30, 2009
ztyle:

WHY? Freedom of speech!

Tell em!!!

It is okay for Dbanj to encourage casual sex/Playboyism with Tongolo
It is okay for Beyonce to celebrate breaking up with Irreplaceable
It is okay for Faze to do National beg-beg with Originality
It is okay for Tuface to encourage promiscuity with Enter the place
And it is not ok for Kelly Hansome to encourage Yahoo Yahoo ?

Someone said Kelly is better off a producer lmao , go khop his album, listen to it with a better system then come back here and tell me how many Nigerian artistes

1. Sings better
2. Has a swagger about his delivery
3. Has better voice harmony

Kelly Rocks, only the Video sucks, and you cant put the blame on him
Re: . by Baro(m): 7:35am On May 01, 2009
@Utali,
It wasn't only Maga don Pay that was banned, here is the full list . ,

Enter the place - 2face Idibia

Dance for me - Duncan Mighty

Suddenly - D’banj

I wanna be close to you - D’banj

Nwa Baby - Flavours

Rigirigi - Flavours

Maga Don Pay - Kelly Handsome

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34334/81/
Re: . by Nobody: 8:48am On May 01, 2009
Baro:

@Utali,
It wasn't only Maga don Pay that was banned, here is the full list . ,

Enter the place - 2face Idibia

Dance for me - Duncan Mighty

Suddenly - D’banj

I wanna be close to you - D’banj

Nwa Baby - Flavours

Rigirigi - Flavours

Maga Don Pay - Kelly Handsome

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/34334/81/

LONG THING! SONG WE DON REIGN! DEM DON MAKE THEIR MONEY!! THEM DEY BAN NOW, B4 THE SONG CAME INTO THE MARKET! DEM BLIND?
Re: . by Dammyray(m): 9:14am On May 01, 2009
Ca som1 tell me why song like enter the place was banned .cuz i dont see any word us bad in the song like maga don pay cus that wan dey raw for hear self
Re: . by waterworks(f): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2009
hu d hell is banning suddenly?
and plz wat for?

(1) (Reply)

Alabai - Voice Of God / “i Used To Be Angry With Jeremiah Gyang” - Sgt-plus / A Must Watch Video; Yung 6ix Feat. Wizkid -- Follow Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.