Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show (10818 Views)

M.i & Iceberg Slim Face-2-face Freestyle Battle @ The Nea Awards Last Nite(video / Video: Kenny Keke Ogungbe Cheated Me And Kelly Handsome / Cap B & Iceberg Slim Punchlines MI Again ! brand new diss song 09-09-09 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2010
BET Awards nominee, M.I Abaga, was the star of the show over the July 4th Independence weekend at the Nigerian Reunion held in New York City. As stated earlier, this was one of several high-profile performances by Nigerian music heavyweights across the US.

For those of you who couldn’t make it, enjoy the clips below. Shout-out to House of Naija for hooking this up!

M.I responds to Iceberg Slim’s “Am I Better” line:

“Is he better than me, is he? I don’t know, is he? I’ve been too busy being busy!” grin grin

Also, in his I'm Hot remix, he edited the lines of the first verse.

Don't know about you but I'm handsome
Handsome, M.I's advancing
My maga didn't pay, who the fccuk is Kelly Handsome.
grin grin

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWf7OVhdrA&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]

Lifted off notjustok.com
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by mmomentum: 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2010
There is a part 2 and 3 of this video,
the crowd has been expecting Mi in new york since.
good shot thrown at kelly handsome and iceberg slim,
he made iceberg look like a baby rapper
kelly handsome is his biggest problem for now although ,
iceberg thin cant come at MI as direct as k-handsome would
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 2:23pm On Jul 15, 2010
m.momentum:

There is a part 2 and 3 of this video,
the crowd has been expecting Mi in new york since.
good shot thrown at kelly handsome and iceberg slim,
he made iceberg look like a baby rapper
kelly handsome is his biggest problem for now although ,
iceberg thin cant come at MI as direct as k-handsome would

Kelly Handsome is kinda daft and loudmouthed . . . Iceberg Slim is actually smart and watches his words.
He's dropped nice one-liners that will knock out anyone, and he knows where he stands.
Iceberg Slim is M.I's real problem.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Wordsmith(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2010
it's all B.S. M.I is simply giving these cats ammo. . . they keep baiting him and he keeps falling for it. they are not worth the replies he's been giving them. . .
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Ibime(m): 5:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
MI would be committing career suicide if he goes to war with Iceberg Slim.

Infact, I dont think MI wanna cross that line.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by shotster50(m): 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2010
Things are starting to get real interesting,
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by mmomentum: 7:58pm On Jul 15, 2010
Ibime:

iceberg slim is quite easy for MI to deal wit cuzz iceberg is scared of calling name,, the rapper/singer who calls names and goes personal is a bigger problem for MI.
kelly handsome is a bigger threat than iceberg.not lyrical wise but beef wise
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Genuflect(m): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
Wordsmith:

it's all B.S. M.I is simply giving these cats ammo. . . they keep baiting him and he keeps falling for it. they are not worth the replies he's been giving them. . .
I've been saying this for like forever. Kelly seems to be having an upper hand right now tho
Ibime:

Nuff said
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by mbulela: 5:09am On Jul 16, 2010
M.I. is not as intelligent as i assumed.
Can't he just keep shut?
Go hard, you won't go hard (or according to some, can't go hard).
Ignore the retard (Kelly), you won't ignore him.
Dude is falling my hand big time.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by bjmighty(m): 5:17am On Jul 16, 2010
mbulela:

M.I. is not as intelligent as i assumed.
Can't he just keep shut?
Go hard, you won't go hard (or according to some, can't go hard).
Ignore the retard (Kelly), you won't ignore him.
Dude is falling my hand big time.

Hhhmmm. . . . . . . . . Yeah! I'm thinking so too, He can't go stronger than "Only Kelly that i know, Kelly Rowland shocked shocked shocked shocked NA BEEF BE THAT !!!

Ignoring at this stage is too late, bro! The lyrikal Kunfu don already start already.

Kelly Handsome 3 - M.I (Choc boys) 1 . . . . . K.H dey lead grin grin

Truth be said! Kelly might not be able to flex lyrical muscle with M.I or Choc Boys but talk Beef Muscle, M.I can't contest Kelly if what we've seen so far is anything to go by. The "Choc boys freestyle" would have ended another artiste's career unceremoniously but because M.I is a strong dude and has street cred so it didn't hit him as a "Death blow"! Or what would you say when a whole Music family consisting of 3 hot rappers (Jesse jags, M.I and Ice Prince) come together to do a beef song (No contest) for one person (K.H) and at the end of the day, they ended up hyping the said cat and helping his career instead of murdering it. Then later on, dude clapped back with "Choc Boys" and made them look like "Dundi! your daddy is not back" grin grin grin grin  Many of us know the dude is killing M.I's career gradually if care is not taken but consoling urself by saying "Kelly H is this, is that, blah blah blah is not gonn do it for you or for ur man. Let the truth be told Kelly Handsome is giving M.I real sleepless night! T.H.R.EA.T!!!! cool cool cool cool cool

Now playing. . . . . . . . . Kelly handsome - Choc boys "freestyle"

Up next . . . . . . . . . . . 2pac - Play ya cardz right
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by tosinaded(m): 6:44am On Jul 16, 2010
what is fukkn dis M.I dude? make music for us jare. . . . not lame punchlines tongue
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by mbulela: 8:50am On Jul 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

what is fukkn dis M.I dude? make music for us jare. . . . not lame punchlines tongue
gbam
bjmighty:

Hhhmmm. . . . . . . . . Yeah! I'm thinking so too, He can't go stronger than "Only Kelly that i know, Kelly Rowland shocked shocked shocked shocked NA BEEF BE THAT !!!

Ignoring at this stage is too late, bro! The lyrikal Kunfu don already start already.

Kelly Handsome 3 - M.I (Choc boys) 1 . . . . . K.H dey lead grin grin

it is not too late.
If he sticks to making good music, cut down on the uncountable collabos and get a dope album out, we will see who will be laughing last.
Obviously not Kelly.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by DBR: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2010
I said it b4 and i'ma say it again Iceberg is the one M.i shud be worried about.
Cos lyrically IBS na Were o!

y'all sayin he shud shut up, and not pay attention.But i think M.i needs this.
He need sm1 to push him, make him uncomfortable and ruffled.
M.i neva reach that level to ignore pple like Iceberg's diss cos IBS is a formidable foe to M.i. .lyrically.

oNe
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 9:50am On Jul 16, 2010
bjmighty:

Many of us know the dude is killing M.I's career gradually if care is not taken but consoling urself by saying "Kelly H is this, is that,  blah blah blah is not gonn do it for you or for your man. Let the truth be told Kelly Handsome is giving M.I real sleepless night! T.H.R.EA.T!!!! cool cool cool cool cool

I call bullshit right there.
M.I's career is dying?? He's the most popular rapper in Nigeria, he's an MTV award winner and BET award nominee, he's the must have rapper on your album, only Eldee comes close.
Everything he puts his name on becomes a hit.
Every other rapper, bar none . . .will beg for his 'dead' career.

DBR:

I said it b4 and i'ma say it again Iceberg is the one M.i shud be worried about.
Cos lyrically IBS na Were o!

y'all sayin he shud shut up, and not pay attention.But i think M.i needs this.
He need sm1 to push him, make him uncomfortable and ruffled.
M.i neva reach that level to ignore pple like Iceberg's diss cos IBS is a formidable foe to M.i. .lyrically.

oNe

I know man . . . but he needs some real competition like Terry Tha Rapman or OD.
IBS is not enough motivation . . . he's lyrically ill but it's not worthy competition.
Right now M.I will stick to listing out achievements till someone is strong enough to question them.

Iceberg Slim will remain the 'upstart' for a few years . . . same way Jay-Z was just another unnecessary upstart to Nas till 'condoms on your baby seat.
It's a hard place, you're motivated enough to do a diss track, but not stung enough to do an Ether.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by bjmighty(m): 12:14pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

M.I's career is dying?? He's the most popular rapper in Nigeria, he's an MTV award winner and BET award nominee, he's the must have rapper on your album, only Eldee comes close.

@@@Eldee. Read your post very well. It should have been the appropriate defence if i had said M.I wasn't good at what he is doing or stuff. You haven't defended the fact that "K.H is a huge T.H.R.E.A.T to his career. Try another tongue tongue tongue tongue!
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 12:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
@bjmighty

First of all, let me point out that I'm not M.I, so I don't need fans, it's not the matter of defence here, it's a matter of fact or false.

That said, is M.I's career dying?? I laugh in Dagrin's voice.
He's doing bigger shows, making hotter tracks, being more and getting more and more awards.

What then is his career?? A one minute verse on Choc Boys??
Let's sit down and reason before we post, it could be quite helpful.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by DBR: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

IBS is not enough motivation . . . he's lyrically ill but it's not worthy competition.

Iceberg Slim will remain the 'upstart' for a few years . . . same way Jay-Z was just another unnecessary upstart to Nas till 'condoms on your baby seat.
Upstart? Me think M.i wears in the Upstart tag better.
Or i no kno meanin of upstart again??.
M.i is d one who's enjoyin new status, accolades and co, not IBS.
Jay/Nas upstart example sits, but M.i/IBS,, me think it's d other way round.

@mbulela
M.i's career dyin'
Heck nahhhh. . .far from it!!
What just seem to be ebbin is the spurious lyrical murderer status
stamped on him when he 1st came out.
Guess dude are sensin he's more flowery with words than bloody.
But career dyin?
I think not.

oNe
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 2:04pm On Jul 16, 2010
DBR:

Upstart? Me think M.i wears in the Upstart tag better.
Or i no kno meanin of upstart again??.
M.i is d one who's enjoyin new status, accolades and co, not IBS.
Jay/Nas upstart example sits, but M.i/IBS,, me think it's d other way round.

Nah, in Nigerian hiphop terms, M.I has stayed up there long enough.
Upstart is one recognised album, M.I has two with a collabo history that will shock Drake cheesy cheesy

How long do you think people stay up there in Nigerian hiphop?? 2shots had a year (One great album), Ruggedman had a year(one album too), that position is where Iceberg Slim is right now, a couple of sick joints and critical acclaim. He is the upstart in this case not M.I.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by DBR: 2:28pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Nah, in Nigerian hiphop terms, M.I has stayed up there long enough.
Upstart is one recognised album, M.I has two with a collabo history that will shock Drake cheesy cheesy

How long do you think people stay up there in Nigerian hiphop?? 2shots had a year (One great album), Ruggedman had a year(one album too), that position is where Iceberg Slim is right now, a couple of sick joints and critical acclaim. He is the upstart in this case not M.I.

Hello!!! Sure we aint talkin bout same M.i?
ma boy? M.i. . how culd he do that to me?
Release 2 albums and i was only informed of one?!!
Dude, get ur fact right.

Plus, guess u have a different defination for Upstart.
i go with the general accepted one, not the one that changes with
the peculiarity of 9ja music scenarios.
Dunno where couple of sick joints n crittical acclaim makes one an upstart.
Sudden rise to fame and recognition is ma own understandin of Upstart, that cap fits M.i better.

oNe
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by tosinaded(m): 2:42pm On Jul 16, 2010
HE MEANT AN ALBUM AND A MIXTAPE!
M.I IS NOT A BATTLE RAPPER JOR. . . . . . .

GHETTO P
ICE BERG SLIM
MODENINE
VECTOR
MAXIMUM
KELLY HANSOME grin

WILL EAT HIM IN A BATTLE!

GBAM
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 3:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
DBR:

Hello!!! Sure we aint talkin bout same M.i?
ma boy? M.i. . how culd he do that to me?
Release 2 albums and i was only informed of one?!!
Dude, get your fact right.

Stop being trivial, yo know what I mean when I say two albums, I'm not going to go all figure-hugging with you, got to notjustok.com and see what's the most viewed post.

DBR:

Plus, guess u have a different defination for Upstart.
i go with the general accepted one, not the one that changes with
the peculiarity of 9ja music scenarios.
Dunno where couple of sick joints n crittical acclaim makes one an upstart.
Sudden rise to fame and recognition is ma own understandin of Upstart, that cap fits M.i better.

oNe

So you will detach a word from the context in mhich it's being used.
Listen to how desperate you sound. (Before you go lookup the general definition, I'll rather we stick to the one that applies to arguments) tongue tongue
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Djswaggz(m): 3:01pm On Jul 16, 2010
I love what kelly did on catch me if u can and choc boi freestyle. that guy dey craze o! I sure say na person dey write im lines for am. . .
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Genuflect(m): 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

GHETTO P
ICE BERG SLIM
MODENINE
VECTOR
MAXIMUM
KELLY HANSOME grin

GBAM
Hehehehehe, iwo na ti mo bo se nlo lori streets!!!!
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by Wordsmith(m): 4:16pm On Jul 16, 2010
@eldee,

while i wouldn't say his career is dying, let's get some things straight. . . MI is no battle rapper. of all them Choc Boiz, i'd rather say Ice Prince fits that description. it's like with each collabo, dude (MI) keeps dropping lamer and lamer lines. silly ish like -

", they are so dry, i think they need lotion".
or something like that. dude can be clever with the wordplay and all, but he doesn't have that grit and aggressiveness battle rappers have. . .
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by DBR: 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Stop being trivial, yo know what I mean when I say two albums, I'm not going to go all figure-hugging with you, got to notjustok.com and see what's the most viewed post.
Trivial? Hehehee
No. I dont kno what u mean. I kno wat u said is wrong.
Shud i just assume t'was a mistake on your part and not an error of facts?
Simply say, "oh I made a mistake" and stop turnin it around that im being insensitive to your error. .callin it figure huggin.
If smone calls a mixtape an album on NL u'l be d 1st to make that person feel unintelligent not to kno d difference btw a mixtape or an album
So, suck it up boi!  grin

So you will detach a word from the context in mhich it's being used.
Listen to how desperate you sound. (Before you go lookup the general definition, I'll rather we stick to the one that applies to arguments)
Now i sound desperate. . great! Lol.
I see u got issues with labellin' cos that desperate label looks great on u.
C'mon Upstart is Upstart. I dont get why dudes let ego get in the way
instead of admittin an error u just gotta say smthin to counter.
It's no contest naauw eldee.
Ok, i don go check dictionary,and this is wat i found:

[i]n.
A person of humble origin who attains sudden wealth, power, or importance, especially one made immodest or presumptuous by the change; a parvenu.
adj.
1. Suddenly raised to a position of consequence.

So applyin to this discusion, not argument . .Btw M.i and IBS abeg, who does this definations fit better?
Who suddenly overnite achieved recognition, fame in 9ja Hiphop? IBM?
I think not.

oNe
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2010
DBR:

Trivial? Hehehee
No. I dont kno what u mean. I kno wat u said is wrong.
Shud i just assume t'was a mistake on your part and not an error of facts?
Simply say, "oh I made a mistake" and stop turnin it around that im being insensitive to your error. .callin it figure huggin.
If smone calls a mixtape an album on NL u'l be d 1st to make that person feel unintelligent not to kno d difference btw a mixtape or an album
So, suck it up boi!  grin

Oh yeah, I don't know the difference between Illegal Music and Talk About It.
You are being so trivial . . .it's freaking ridiculous, reminds me of Tavarez arguing with me over Modenine's album sales.

You might as well go and hold on to the fact that I said 'Ruggedman: One album' . . . I would say noscitur a sociis, but it will lead to rehash of Hamlet's soliloquy.

DBR:

Now i sound desperate. . great! Lol.
I see u got issues with labellin' cos that desperate label looks great on u.
C'mon Upstart is Upstart. I dont get why dudes let ego get in the way
instead of admittin an error u just gotta say smthin to counter.
It's no contest naauw eldee.
Ok, i don go check dictionary,and this is wat i found:

[i]n.
A person of humble origin who attains sudden wealth, power, or importance, especially one made immodest or presumptuous by the change; a parvenu.
adj.
1. Suddenly raised to a position of consequence.

So applyin to this discusion, not argument . .Btw M.i and IBS abeg, who does this definations fit better?
Who suddenly overnite achieved recognition, fame in 9ja Hiphop? IBM?
I think not.

oNe

Ego?? More like, one of us has to take the high road.
Yeah, you're being trivial and desperate.

How?? Holding on to a term that was obviously used for emphasis of a point and ignoring the whole point itself.
If I say Rugged has one album and M.I had two, doesn't it just go to show that I'm talking about acclaim for the works??
Do I have to write 100 words when two will do?? That to me is being trivial.

How are you desperate?? I used upstart using the the two factors involved . . .time and critical acclaim but relating them to the Nigerian music industry.
But you say, 'erm . . . no, I'll remove any relation to the topic of the thread but use the definition on wikipedia or urbandictionary.com'
That's like me saying 'oh Adenuga is extremely wealthy' on Nairaland and then you go ahead to bring a Forbes richlist, because that's the 'generally accepted evidence'.
That's desperate and trivial in my own books . . . it kills conversation, and stops anyone from being able to make contributions.

You see the thing . . . I reply you, I discuss the definitions of upstarts and albums, I reply Wordsmith, I discuss M.I's career.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by eldee(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2010
Wordsmith:

@eldee,
while i wouldn't say his career is dying, let's get some things straight. . . MI is no battle rapper. of all them Choc Boiz, i'd rather say Ice Prince fits that description. it's like with each collabo, dude (MI) keeps dropping lamer and lamer lines. silly ish like -

", they are so dry, i think they need lotion".
or something like that. dude can be clever with the wordplay and all, but he doesn't have that grit and aggressiveness battle rappers have. . .

M.I has not been confronted by a rapper, so I cannot comment on that.
The time his career was focussed at that aspect of rap, no one came up.

M.I is the first person(bar Modenine) that has said 'I'm not saying I'm the best, I'm just asking who's better' without being confronted.
Right now he's focussed towards being the face of Nigerian hiphop, he's come out many times to advocate unity in hiphop. . . he even said 'shoutout to Iceberg Slim' after that line.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by hatch: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2010
Goodness me, when will all these Nairaland Peeps realize that MI owes you guys nothing and therefore you can never and i repeat never hold him to ransom if he refuses to be a full fledged " Battle or Diss" Rapper.

By the way who the hec.k is Iceberg Slim ? I certainly never heard of 'em before and wonder why people like MI have to worry about a small fry like that. Kelly Handsome probably feels like he is on top of the world for his 2 line diss of MI but lets face facts Showbiz is about the fame,shows, awards and digits in your bank account.

Trust me cats, MI has all these listed items to his credit. Peeps like KH can be superficial by talking about lame things like his height but to think of it we free to diss who ever we want after all its a free world.

MI probably is catching his fun and keeping his massive fans in the states entertained. As Eldee has rightly pointed out the boy MI's career ain't in any way dying and tell me what else you could want if you are Nigeria's most sought after rapper in terms of Collabos.

I think you guys should not "sweat the technique" if he ain't goin' to satisfy your desire in terms of diss tracks that don't make him any less of a rapper. The boy is busy making money he don't care if you waiting forever for diss tracks that not going to be commercially viable to increase the digit figures of his bank account wink
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by hax: 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

making hotter tracks
I don't think so. I haven't heard anything he's spat that's better than what he's done on Talk About It. That's by the way anyways.

And there's no point beefing these small cats. Why didn't Jay-Z reply Game? I'd understand if he was also trying to find his feet in the rap game, but he's the biggest mainstream rapper out there, why the fxck should he feel the need to reply everything IBS and KH say? He should keep doing his thing jor. Fxck the haters.

Long time. I dey hail una o.
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by DBR: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2010
eldee:

Oh yeah, I don't know the difference between Illegal Music and Talk About It.
You are being so trivial . . .it's freaking ridiculous, reminds me of Tavarez arguing with me over Modenine's album sales.

You might as well go and hold on to the fact that I said 'Ruggedman: One album' . . . I would say noscitur a sociis, but it will lead to rehash of Hamlet's soliloquy.
Are u remotely suggesting that the Meanin of UPSTART is unclear hence the Noscitu a socilis? hehehe
Haba eldee, dont take it personal naauww. U put Ruggedman's in context u said:
"2shots had a [/b]year ([b]One great album), Ruggedman had a year(one album too)"
Space of time or crittical acclaim wont change an album to a mixtape, or vice versa So sorry your argument is yet frail.

I simply said me think Upstart is more appropriate for M.i. And what did u say, read:
"Nah, in Nigerian hiphop terms, M.I has stayed up there long enough.
Upstart is one recognised album, M.I has two with a collabo history that will shock Drake"

^^^ This Is u defining wat upstart is, eldee^^^^ so u blame me for not knowing your own def. of Upstart? u kiddin me.
So now we have locational defination of words. prof prof!

that position is where Iceberg Slim is right now, a couple of sick joints and critical acclaim. He is the upstart in this case not M.I.
By what authority do u speak?
While i was sayin "i think" by d meaning of the word that . . .
Here u are sayin Nah, and authoritatively definin wat Upstart IS not wat u even tryin to make it be o?

Ego?? More like, one of us has to take the high road.
Yeah, you're being trivial and desperate.

How?? Holding on to a term that was obviously used for emphasis of a point and ignoring the whole point itself.
If I say Rugged has one album and M.I had two, doesn't it just go to show that I'm talking about acclaim for the works??
Do I have to write 100 words when two will do?? That to me is being trivial.

How are you desperate?? I used upstart using the the two factors involved . . .time and critical acclaim but relating them to the Nigerian music industry.
But you say, 'erm . . . no, I'll remove any relation to the topic of the thread but use the definition on wikipedia or urbandictionary.com'
That's like me saying 'oh Adenuga is extremely wealthy' on Nairaland and then you go ahead to bring a Forbes richlist, because that's the 'generally accepted evidence'.
That's desperate and trivial in my own books . . . it kills conversation, and stops anyone from being able to make contributions.

You see the thing . . . I reply you, I discuss the definitions of upstarts and albums, I reply Wordsmith, I discuss M.I's career.
yadda yadda yadda. . . .wats the point. your analogies baffles me!

Ok, tell u what, I agree.
IBS is the upstart, i guess i got the meanin wrong.
Tho i wonder how d heck thats helps pple in contributin'?
Cos that aint even the crux, didnt xpect u to make an opus of it. . .which is alredy a contribution.
A veryyyyyyyyyyy long one at that. grin

oNe
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by bjmighty(m): 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2010
tosinaded@:

GHETTO P
ICE BERG SLIM
MODENINE
VECTOR
MAXIMUM
KELLY HANSOME grin

GBAM

God bless you TosinOdeda grin grin grin grin SECONDED!!!!!!!

@@@@ELDEE. . . . . . . . .  Don't you think u are hyping M.I in a mighty way. shocked shocked shocked  M.I is good! Yes we now!!! You making him sound like he's been in the Game for 10 years and has been holding the game down. Hommie chillex ok! cool cool IBS, Vector, Terry, IBS and more cats underG will murder M.I lyrically. He is not going as hard as you making it sound. He is only enjoying his 5mins of the outer limelight, abeg make we hear word jare. In it, ur post nowadays are sounding lame. Are you not just ok no more??
Re: M.I Jokes About Iceberg Slim And Kelly Handsome In New York Show by hatch: 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2010
hax:

I don't think so. I haven't heard anything he's spat that's better than what he's done on Talk About It. That's by the way anyways.

[b]And there's no point beefing these small cats. [/b]Why didn't Jay-Z reply Game? I'd understand if he was also trying to find his feet in the rap game, but he's the biggest mainstream rapper out there, [b]why the fxck should he feel the need to reply everything IBS and KH say? [/b]He should keep doing his thing jor. Fxck the haters.

Long time. I dey hail una o.

@hax
Go take a chill pill, you make me laugh in latin when you spew such stuff like him not giving anything better than Talk about it. Next you go on and say why he beefing small cats ? Geez are you for real ? The last time i checked i don't think it was MI that started it and even i don't thin MI is deaf and dumb therefore he has a right to throw a line or two of response at a shows to give his fans some comic relief  wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kcee Ft Wizkid - Pull Over (video) / Sugar Mummy, Nigerian Song / 'Say Your Love' By P-Square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.