Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? (9753 Views)

Pastor Chris Warns Comedians: Don't Joke With Men Of God! / Unfulfilled Prophecies By Men Of God / Should Men Of God Have Bodyguards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Moyola(f): 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ topic

it dependz. . . undecided
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Gamine(f): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2008
@Mesmya

LOL.

sorry o
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
Gamine:

@Mesmya

LOL.

sorry o

no problem sweets,im loving ur points though wink
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by tope2000(f): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2008
Its in the bibile that you can but only if reaches the point of death, i.e. thats if you don't leave wife or husband you might die either phyiscally or emtionally  or something like that sha undecided
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 6:12pm On Sep 10, 2008
@chrisbenegor
I read all your theories about the ark and you seem to have a point, i would accept your theory when you tell me exaclty how the great pyramid of Giza was built by the ancient egytians. let me give you a little background on it. The great pyramid of Giza is the oldest and biggest pyramid in Egypt and the design and structure is far more complex and advanced than the pyramids built thousands of years after it. Over two million stones weighing an average of 3 tonnes were used in it's construction and it is thirty times the size of empir state building. Engineers have been unsable to understand or replicate how this structure was constructed ( even in this mordern times) I am sure if the pyramid was not still standing and you read about such a magnificent structure only in history books you would have written it off as a myth. My point being, the fat that you cannot understand something doesn't make it a myth. That aside scientist have discovered evidence of a global flood around the time of Noah. That is apart from the fact that the ark as been found somewhere in mordern day turkey which was the area the ark berthed in after the flood.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by manmustwac(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2008
KunleOshob theres no way Noah could have built a boat that could contain 10 million of all the speciesof animals in the animal Kingdom. Any rational reasoning human being will know that
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by pilgrim1(f): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2008
But any rational human being would know how not to quote issues out of context. Could we understand how you came across 10 million species? cheesy
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2008
KunleOshob:

@chrisbenegor
I read all your theories about the ark and you seem to have a point, i would accept your theory when you tell me exaclty how the great pyramid of Giza was built by the ancient egytians. let me give you a little background on it. The great pyramid of Giza is the oldest and biggest pyramid in Egypt and the design and structure is far more complex and advanced than the pyramids built thousands of years after it. Over two million stones weighing an average of 3 tonnes were used in it's construction and it is thirty times the size of empir state building. Engineers have been unsable to understand or replicate how this structure was constructed ( even in this mordern times) I am sure if the pyramid was not still standing and you read about such a magnificent structure only in history books you would have written it off as a myth. My point being, the fat that you cannot understand something doesn't make it a myth. That aside scientist have discovered evidence of a global flood around the time of Noah. That is apart from the fact that the ark as been found somewhere in mordern day turkey which was the area the ark berthed in after the flood.

Link pls. . . . . stop spreading lies. . . . . scientist have never discovered any evidence of a global flood besides the whole noah's ark myth was plagarised from an earlier civilization. . . . . .
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
@mazaje thank you oh help me ask am.
@kunle
I am quite new here but one thing I was quick to catch up on is that before you post please verify your facts.
There has never, I repeat never been any evidence of a global flood, neither has there been discovery of any piece of noah's ark.
The pyramid of giza is a different scenario entirely but I see the similarity you are trying to pull which is how people at that time were able to pull such a feat. I will indulge you
1) The pyramid is still standing or at least most of it and that alone speaks volumes, we know it existed, in contrast we have never seen even a piece of nail from noah's ark ( I wonder if Iron had already been smelted by then ). Well you can point out to me that wood would not last as long as stone and I will agree with you even though that would not excuse its not being found and that brings me to
2) nature of material used to make the ship, what kind of wood was used, I want you to sit and imagine the kind of rain that would raise waters 6 meters higher than the highest mountains, really pause and think. As an engineer when I am faced with a task of such enormity I think I would run for a material that has a very good "strength" as we call it, but lets assume noah miraculously found wood to carry out such a task, what tools were at his disposal to lumber them?( I will urge you to quickly read up the history of tools so you can get a good understanding and please also read up buoyancy and what role density plays), how long do you think it would have taken him to gather the materials to build the ark? That brings me to the next point which is
3) Time
The pyramid of giza was built within a time frame of 20 years, thats a lot! How long did noah have? Is the picture becoming clearer, hopefully you have a list of the tasks he was supposed to accomplish. A cemetery was discovered where the workers of the pyramid of giza stayed the cemetery held close to 100000 people, noah had about 8 people to help him and unless they all had super powers how is that possible.
I really do not want to go on as there is no point trying prove this all to you engineering wise, word of advise when it comes to a field you are not familiar with just try and understand it then you can ask better questions and then we can sit down examine the laws and see what's possible.
Furthermore please understand that it is not that engineers cannot replicate but trying to understand which methods were used, today is September 10th 2008 and the big bang experiment has been successfully launched in switzerland, this experiment will reproduce the conditions under a billionth of a second after the big bang and you say they cannot replicate the pyramid of giza.
In summary get facts straight.@mesmya
I am really sorry looks like I am changing this thread to noah's ark, its was just to show gamine that the bible is not plain and simple. Again apologies.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by pilgrim1(f): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2008
@Chrisbenogor,

Chrisbenogor:

The pyramid of giza was built within a time frame of 20 years, thats a lot! Noah had a miserly 7 days!

That's interesting. But how did you arrive at the miserly 7 days? smiley
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by debosky(m): 9:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ Chrisbenogor

where do you get your '7 days' from? The bible gives no exact time frame as to how long Noah had to build the ark - all we know is this, he was 500 when he had his sons, and he entered the ark when he was over 600 years old.

The exact definition of the 'whole earth' is also subject to some debate as well - people conceived of the 'known world' as the 'whole earth', and this might simply have been restricted to the portions of the earth known at that time - mainly the middle east.

the 'highest' mountains mentioned were simply the ones in view, it doesn't mean Noah could see Everest or K2 way off in the Himalayas from somewhere in Mesopotamia grin grin

How many large wooden relics, except ships preserved in the sea have been recovered wholesale? How would you be able to distinguish a piece of wood found buried in the desert as distinctively Noah's ark? Very difficult I'd say, so its difficult to say whether or not pieces of the ark were ever found or not.

Giza is in the desert, made to withstand the centuries, an ark was a temporary protective vessel - different purposes, different durability levels.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by mazaje(m): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
Let’s begin by looking at this highly questionable account from a common sense point of view. Within the story, we have a god who has to modify virtually all of his creations for the solely expressed reason of the people having become wicked and evil (Genesis 6:5), yet wicked and evil people continue to exist throughout the Bible. Right off the bat, the foundation for the story fails to make sense. Why would an omniscient god have to destroy all of his work for a specific quality that he knew would continue to exist even unto this very day? The flood was for naught, yet God carried out his horrific genocide anyway. I find this to be the most disturbing and perhaps the most ridiculous premise ever conjured by the human mind.

The author clearly tells the story from the perspective that God had just recently realized the way the world had become. This, too, fails to make sense because biblical authors repeatedly claim that God is omniscient. By definition, his omniscience requires him to have known at the time of Adam and Eve that he would later desire to start from scratch at Noah. This unnecessary and foreseeable correction is hardly the logical course of action for an omnipotent god to take. If you let your inhibitions loose, however, it should be painfully obvious that the original authors of Genesis didn’t consider these salient points as they were writing. One might even ask if they bothered to proofread their work. Such casual observations work well against the hypothesis of an all-knowing god, a consideration we’ll revisit repeatedly. At this point in our study, one must already concede that God is not omniscient, God behaves in an acutely illogical manner, or the flood simply never took place for the reasons provided by the Bible.

Appallingly, God drowned unborn children in the flood. This indisputably necessary consequence of his actions should ironically put a huge kink in the pro-life arguments from the church. God aborts countless unborn children for the questionable sins of their parents, yet the church expects society not to do the same? Infants and young children who do not possess the intellectual capacity to tell right from wrong were also casualties of the flood! How could they be among the wicked and evil? These are hardly the actions of the loving God depicted in the New Testament. The innocent children didn’t deserve the fate God inexcusably dealt them, end of story. Helpless animals also suffered the horrible fate of the children. However, given the apparently twisted love that God has for smells from animal sacrifices (Genesis 8:20-21), that last point shouldn’t have been very surprising to someone familiar with the Bible.

No one has ever found the enormous ark even though we know its final resting place is among the mountains of Ararat located around present-day Turkey (Genesis 8:4). All evidence presented as proof of the ark’s discovery has been admitted to be a hoax, proven a hoax, or withheld from testing. Although one could reasonably anticipate that someone would have discovered a tangible piece of evidence from the craft if it hasn’t decomposed, multiple expeditions have turned up absolutely nothing. While many people claim they have evidence for the ark being conveniently underground, no one has ventured to exhume it from the earth.Genesis, the only known source of Noah’s story, has several hundred additional problems in need of answers before we can consider it a reliable historical source. No known individuals recorded this particular version of the global flood myth until nearly 2000 years after the floodwaters vanished. Since oral accounts of an event can obviously undergo drastic changes even over a few generations, there’s really no telling how much alteration the story incorporated before existing in its present form. In short, as we have seen and will continue to see, the book of Genesis is not a reliable source of historical information by any stretch of the imagination.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:15pm On Sep 10, 2008
@all apologies for the 7 days will modify my post asap.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by pilgrim1(f): 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2008
No worries. Enjoy. cheesy
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by manmustwac(m): 11:32pm On Sep 10, 2008
pilgrim.1:

But any rational human being would know how not to quote issues out of context. Could we understand how you came across 10 million species? cheesy
pilgrim am not quoting out of context check the link below tongue

http://www.indianchild.com/animal_kingdom.htm
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
@debosky
I don't want to start analysing what the implication of "known world" is but let me ask you this, it was moses who wrote Genesis right? So noah necessarily did not even know how big this earth is thats not even a problem so are we talking of the world known to moses as stated in creation ? Whats your point exactly?
Genesis 7:19 And the water prevailed more and more upon the land, so that all the "high hills everywhere under the sky" were covered.
7:20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the hills were covered.
Looks to me like the whole world was covered.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by pilgrim1(f): 12:17am On Sep 11, 2008
manmustwac:

pilgrim am not quoting out of context check the link below tongue

http://www.indianchild.com/animal_kingdom.htm

Thank you, my dear, thank you. I patiently read through and it was more a conjecture than a concretely established fact. "Most scientists believe" is not the same thing as concluding that what they "believe" is actually concrete fact.

A little number juggling, though:

[list]"Total number of described species,  1,750,000
Possible nr. with unknown species: 14,000,000
"[/list]

The ones they knew totalled just under 2 million. . . they ones they inflated (under the disguised "Possible nr"wink is "unknown", but let's say in excess of 14 million. Smart fellows. . . the lollypop lady should have been awake!

Look, don't mind me this evening - I'm just having a light mood this evening. I appreciate your response, though. . . and God bless. wink
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by debosky(m): 12:37am On Sep 11, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@debosky
I don't want to start analysing what the implication of "known world" is but let me ask you this, it was moses who wrote Genesis right? So noah necessarily did not even know how big this earth is thats not even a problem so are we talking of the world known to moses as stated in creation ? Whats your point exactly?
Genesis 7:19 And the water prevailed more and more upon the land, so that all the "high hills everywhere under the sky" were covered.
7:20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the hills were covered.
Looks to me like the whole world was covered.

OK, Moses wrote this, now lets go into the realm of conjecture a bit. Suppose he received this information via a divine vision, and from what he saw in the vision, everywhere he could SEE - i.e the limit of human vision, was covered by water, not necessarily the 'whole earth'. Now like I mentioned earlier, if he based his judgment of 'everything under the sky on his visual ability, then of course it cannot be that he saw the 'whole earth'. Or lets say, this was based on some recorded account of Noah, it would be based on his own visual observation.

Even in testing the ground to see what had dried, did the dove fly around the whole earth before landing? It must have flown around a reasonable radius around the ark, and not to say South Africa and back before not finding dry land. We cannot be certain what proportion of land was consumed by the flood, what we do know, is that as far as Noah was concerned, the 'whole earth' as he knew it, was covered.

All I am saying is that it will be a bit foolhardy to engage in an extremely 'literal' translation without taking into consideration the realities/state of knowledge at the time. The passage doesn't lend itself to the type of strict explanation you wish to subject it to.

To all the people looking for the ark, do you think centuries of people in a sparsely forested area would not have taken the ark apart and used it for their own purposes? So many things could have happened to the ark for no records of it to be found. The absence of this 'evidence' doesn't negate its existence in my view.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Mazaje/chrisbenegor
Evidence of Noah's Ark http://www.bibleplus.com/discoveries/noahsark.htm
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 12:44pm On Sep 11, 2008
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by IDINRETE: 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
KunleOshob:

Evidence for Global food http://www.creation-science-prophecy.com/geology.htm

ron wyatt discovery has been proved to be fraudulent
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Mazaje / chrisbenegor and others interested in the true story of noah's ark and the global flood i would take my posts to another thead so as not to derail this thread further, look out for it cheesy
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by disease(m): 1:37pm On Sep 11, 2008
I want to become a pastor one day, so that I can marry and divorce 20 times.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by pilgrim1(f): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2008
disease:

I want to become a pastor one day, so that I can marry and divorce 20 times.

Good luck to you! cheesy
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by Chrisbenogor(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
@kunle
I assure you what you are trying to prove just could not have happened.
1) Your link on global flood just put me off, it was written by a molecular biologist(frowns face at total disrespect for geology) I repeat there is no evidence whatsoever of a global flood plus I asked you what you think the effect water higher that mount everest would be? Run through a lesson on pressure.
2) Your link on Ron Wyatt is equally "apphaulful" the guy was a scam artist, did you check his background before posting that link? I guess not so try this
http://www.tentmaker.org/Dew/Dew7/D7-AGreatChristianScam.html
Or this
http://www.tentmaker.org/WAR/
Maybe this will jolt you to reality
http://www.tccsa.tc/articles/wyatt.html
And when you are done reading please humbly come back to this community and apologise for posting info that would have resulted in misleading them.
You are grasping at straws my friend.
@debosky
It may interest you to know that the begining of this whole noah talk was me telling gamine that the bible is not plain and simple so its nice that you see this is not supposed to be interpreted plainly.
If what moses could see was seeing a vision of a certain region I don't think it would have stated the whole earth. But let me assume it was, to make things easier, it means that it was not the whole earth that was in sin but just that region say the middle east, but clearly God was not happy with ALL of creation not just the middle east, plus that would mean God created just the middle east and so on. That's why I said the implications of considering the know earth was enormous.
You can move over your replies to the noah thread.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
@chrisbenegor
I am under pressure for time so i won't be able to read the links you posted and respond, when i read them i would respond. I hope we don't turn this to a heated argument, my mind is open to knowledge wink Lets continue this on the other thread as https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-170155.0.html suggested
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by timimatrix: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2008
let ask confussion master himself pastor chris okotie.
Re: Should Men Of God Divorce And Remarry? by KunleOshob(m): 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2008
timimatrix:

let ask confussion master himself pastor chris okotie.
What would you expect pastor okotie to say Let me help he would justify it by quoting from the Book of Apocalypse that he can marry as many times as he likes. That aside he tell you that it was God that revealed to him that he should re- marry grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Secret Exposed! Why Do Christ Embassy Pastors Perm Their Hair,like Pastor Chris! / Lagos Pastor Confesses: I Belong To The Ogboni Confraternity (FULL INTERVIEW) / Download Apostle Joshua Selman 2021 Messages [UPDATED]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.