Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? (9058 Views)

Poll: Which bank?

Zenith: 54% (36 votes)
Fidelity: 10% (7 votes)
Unity: 6% (4 votes)
Ecobank: 28% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Serve Consulting Limited / Which Of These Banks Are Best In Customer Service? / How Much Do These Banks Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by amusanl: 10:02pm On Sep 09, 2008
amusanl:

my candid advice for you is to serve with zenithbank because u will surely be retained other things being equal.please how did u go about it,help your brother because i will be going 4 NYSC this year November.Assistance of anykind will FOREVER be appreciated.Just give me the right information, I will act promptly on it.my e-mail address is amuyink@yahoo.co.uk and my phone no is 08036084319.i am a fresh university graduate with second class upper division in Accounting.Thanks and God bless u, ONE LUV.
ANYTHING OF VALUE HAVE A PRICE,
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by kikeGiwa(f): 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2008
well i want to talk to one idiot that calls itself kadman,she asked for a favour and if u don't have anything reasonable enough to say then you keep ur gay mouth shut than to say rubbish.anyway i don't blame you,nairaland should be doind thorough screening b4 accepting people's registration so as not to have brainless fools like you.this is supposed to be for people with initiatives and not bigheaded,gay,ass licking mouthed idiots like you.[/b]
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by idupaul: 12:08am On Sep 10, 2008
kike Giwa:

well i want to talk to one idiot that calls itself kadman,she asked for a favour and if u don't have anything reasonable enough to say then you keep your gay mouth shut than to say rubbish.anyway i don't blame you,nairaland should be doind thorough screening before accepting people's registration so as not to have brainless fools like you.this is supposed to be for people with initiatives and not bigheaded,gay,ass licking mouthed idiots like you.[/b]

ur just aloser , i just hate u for this post, open ur forum and screen na, gbefu, i really hate u for this post
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by keba(m): 1:29am On Sep 10, 2008
the first one na apprentice she be
na now she don go for service shocked shocked
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by ukukaegbu(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2008
I'm a corper currently serving with Unity bank in Abuja. When I was posted there, I wasn't happy with the idea of serving there. But right now, I'm happy and I thank God that I was posted there. What they pay corpers is not very okay but they'll soon increase it, so if you are posted there, you'll be the one to benefit from that. But I assure you that the bank is one of the highest paying banks in Nigeria at ET level if you are retained. You can go and verify. It's just that some people jump at conclusions without getting the facts. I'm not saying the other banks are not okay but I dont have the facts.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by amusanl: 10:40am On Sep 10, 2008
my candid advice 4 u is to serve with ZENITH because they will surely retain u other things being equal. It happened to my seniors in the university, they served with ZENITH and they were retained.please,how did u go about it,help ur brother because i will be going 4 NYSC this year November.Assistance of any kind will FOREVER be appreciated.Just give me the right information,i will act promtly on it.I am a fresh university graduate with second class upper division in Accounting.Thanks and god bless u, ONE LUV.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by cyriluzo(m): 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2008
Madam, you keep going forward and coming backward. You aint straight forwrd as somone also already noticed in this thread

See all your posts, Dont get what you are at

[b]Pages: (1)
1 Forums / Getting A Job / NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? on: September 08, 2008, 12:58 PM
I was invited by zenith, fidelity, unity and eco banks to serve with them. Which one should I go for?

2 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nafdac And Immigration on: May 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
Heard immigration test is on the 21st of june,is it true?

3 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: For Unn Graduates(stay Connected) on: May 02, 2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks Apple G. I am a lioness too. Studied Linguistics 2005. My number is 08030570531. Is there an alumni office in Onitsha?

4 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: For Unn Graduates(stay Connected) on: March 25, 2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks man for the thread. I am a Lionesss too, Linguistics 2005 and i reside at Onitsha. Does anyone know where Alumni meeting is being held at Onitsha? I am currently jobless not minding the fact that i made second class honors upper division. I have also finished youth service since Jan. 31st 2007. My no. is 08030570531. Someone should please come to my aid. Thanks.

5 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Starcomms on: March 05, 2008, 03:31 PM
I was employed on the 12th of february 2008 at starcomms office at 62 new market road onitsha. on that day we were like seven graduates. They told us that we would have to work for the first two weeks on commission i.e #1000 for each phone we sell be it lsp 4000 which is an ordinary table phone or lsp 3510 which is internet enabled. They said they would tell us how much the company would be paying us come 25th of february. I have really markerted the products well that i have sold up to 4 and it was not easy. A week later,on the 3rd of march i was forced to ask tham about the salary structure since they failed to raise the topic. I was told that for now nothing has been said. The guy was bold enough to say "she u have been collecting your commission" What do i do? does anyone out there have this experience?

6 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: The Truth About Job Search Scratch Card on: February 18, 2008, 10:20 AM
I wonder why the govt should allow these peole to rip off the little jobless graduates have. why is it that rich and selfish nigerians like taking advantage of the less privileged and the poor in one way or the other. Their children are not jobless, they already have jobs waiting for them before they graduate. I DON'T BLAME THEM. Please lets ignore them.

7 Forums / Education / Re: Has Nov/dec 2007 Gce Result Released Yet? on: February 08, 2008, 01:27 PM
please someone that knows when the nov/dec gce of 2007 is coming out should please tell us. it is preventing me from getting my dream job. thanx.

8 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Where Can A Linguist Work In Nigeria? on: February 05, 2008, 02:09 PM
studied linguistics and have been looking for a job for a yaer and now. please help me out.

9 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Chams Interview on: February 05, 2008, 01:44 PM
Also wrote the test, will they still call more people for interview? someone that knows should please tell me.

10 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Any Call After The 1st Bank Interview In Benin ? on: June 25, 2007, 01:05 PM
Don't be worried if that job is for you, it must surely come to pass. I am telling you this because, i also did the interview at enugu on the 17th , i also have not heard from them,but i have decided to search for other jobs, this way i am more relaxed and focuesd. All i know is that what belongs to be can't be taken by somebody else. Be courageous man.

11 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: First Bank Ist & 2nd Batch Did You Sign. on: June 25, 2007, 12:57 PM
I signed before the commencement of the interview. I don't also know if that means anything. I did my own at Enugu on the 17th.

12 Forums / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: On First Bank on: May 16, 2007, 12:14 PM
has anybody who did his or her interview at enugu on the 17th of april been contacted for the next stage?

Pages: (1) [/b]
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by tyor: 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2008
ukukaegbu:

I'm a corper currently serving with Unity bank in Abuja. When I was posted there, I wasn't happy with the idea of serving there. But right now, I'm happy and I thank God that I was posted there. What they pay corpers is not very okay but they'll soon increase it, so if you are posted there, you'll be the one to benefit from that. But I assure you that the bank is one of the highest paying banks in Nigeria at ET level if you are retained. You can go and verify. It's just that some people jump at conclusions without getting the facts. I'm not saying the other banks are not okay but I don't have the facts.

my guy ur blogs show how narrow ur analytical mind is?

how can base ur argument on a prospect for higher pay, ITS SO CLEAR MY DEAR CORPER. this guys arguement shows d method with which UNITY bank holds their staff. they promise them robust pay packages when actually they're not well paid.

after service, zenith will place u on EA like dat guy was sayin they'll give u ET in unity bank.

pls do not unite with HOPE-FOOLS, join d team of BANKERS and all shall be well with ur soul.

nne bia eba! ana m na Zenith and d place odi 2 gud
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by tolulopsy(f): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
just pray and choose one. all the banks are very much okay. good luck
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by Aiyetunje: 10:41pm On Sep 10, 2008
@cyriluzo

Thanks my broda. . . for seeing the obvious,. I talk am e be like say i be mad man wey dey shout for market. I no just understand our people. We read but at the same time we dont read. . . its sad.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by ukukaegbu(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2008
@tyor
My dear with wide analytical mind, I'm not saying that ZENITH BANK is not okay but I have a friend that is serving with ZENITH BANK in Lagos and now he's groaning under the HEAVY TARGET they gave him and he's just a CORPER. How can he enjoy whatever they're giving him? This guy is really distraught. I'm not saying that UNITY BANK is the best but they pay their staff VERY WELL without giving them DROP-DEAD TARGETS and their corpers are not used as MARKETERS. How can a corper learn the rudiments of banking when all he does is run after people looking for deposits? Mind you, I'll not be in the banking industry after my service year.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by carmelily: 1:56pm On Sep 11, 2008
why are people still wasting their time "giving advice" when madam poster here has been shown up as a fraudster?

@cyriluzo
thank u, jare. i didn't even bother to post b4 now because the whole thing sounded too preposterous.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by 1luvkipsus: 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
I'm sure you made above first class to be invited by all these banks. What are you trying to tell us? Go and ask the people that are fixing you in all these banks. You people should fear God, while some of your collegues are still praying for acceptance in their places of primary assignments, you are here asking us to tell you which to chose among four banks!! This's ridiculous and stupid as you and your God - forsaken godfathers.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by Louiz: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2008
Hey, its not in your powers to choose your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA) the NYSC board does that. So stop day dreaming you mit end up in one local community secondary school.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by ladoosh(f): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2008
i worked with ecobank before, they dont automatically retain corpers. sad, im presently with fidelity bank, and the corpers who were retained recently had to pass the test first of all smiley
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by XKZ(m): 12:17am On Sep 14, 2008
Despite the fact she seems to be lying, it's definitetely a very interesting thread.
I noticed though no one suggested she try contributing to the developement of her fatherland by serving in a rural community. sad
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by dremoney(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2008
na wa o, four banks 4 just a person?

shey u b babe? lol,,na ur b/friend i pity pass,
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by neduogu(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2008
who said eco will retain?
well i just finished service some 4days ago and all my friends who served in eco bank have been told stories like they have plans to open new branches and that they will get back to them as soon as possible, although they organised a test for them.
for fidelity bank those that served ther are all smiling right now cause they dont stress them with so much target and they were all retained and told to resume by 1st wk of october. for zenith they also retain but i hope you made a 2 1. so you make your choice. and please make sure you just dont jump into an offer because of the pay cause the way they put the allowances on paper is not as good as it sounds.
if you ask me i will suggest you go to fidelity yes fidelity na there you go learn banking and after like 18 months with them na big other banks go dey fight for you.
if you need more tips you can ask on this thread

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by scarphase(m): 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2008
hallo house pls i need hlp on getting pre nysc job
cos am not due for nysc till feb nxt year and i no wan stay for house
abeg anyone wit openings shld pls a broda out
pls i take GOD beg all nairalanders
i av experience so i can fit into the financial sector well ma email is
scarphase2000@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by nystrom(m): 10:56pm On Sep 19, 2008
I SUGGEST YOU GO FOR ZENITH.
THANKS.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by Ruddyface(f): 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Finecat on September 08, 2008, 08:44 PM
"Na wa o. You must be one fine girl. How many nights did it take with the executives of these banks?? I mean, how was the interview in the house of these executives ? "

I never expected anything positive to come out of this frustrated cat. 'It' never sees anything good in the Nigerian financial institution. When will you grow up? Why not get your own N25b and start your own bank and sanitise whatever you feel needs reformation.

@ Reader,

In general, go for Ecobank, Zenith, Fidelity and Unity in that order.

If you want a career in banking and you want to be well trained, go for only Ecobank.

If all you want is money and prestige during your service year, go for Zenith or Fidelity.

If you want to continue in banking but not necessarily in top flight or within the big league, then Unity should be your choice.
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by CAI: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2008
so what to tell me dat ure still trying to make up ur mind
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by loffers(m): 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2008
so this topic is still alive,
d poster must ave finished servin by now
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by niles(m): 1:38pm On Oct 17, 2008
loffers:

so this topic is still alive,
d poster must ave finished servin by now

lol!

Does anyone know anything about Intercontinental
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by lake1(f): 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
Gurlfriend, u'd better go for Eco bank
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by angelina08(f): 11:49am On Nov 21, 2008
Yes in NYSC the banks you can serve is:

First Bank
Zeinth Bank
UBA Bank
Syke Bank
Wema Bank
Intercontinetal Bank
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by zakachem: 1:31pm On Apr 05, 2011
tolulopsy:

just pray and choose one. all the banks are very much okay. good luck
Re: NYSC: Which Amongst These Banks Should I Serve With? by dafetta: 12:44am On Apr 16, 2011
guy u must b very lucky. want u 2 take eco offer cos they will retain u. pls i wud b going 4 service by july and i would like u give an hint on d banks i could i cud apply and how 2 go about it. i need ur help pls

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beware Of The Company Buyam.com / Spring Bank Recruitment / Apply For Leadhire Limited Graduate Internship Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.