Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Greatest Divas Of All Time. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Greatest Divas Of All Time. (65386 Views)

Meet The Divas Of Enter-hot-ment, The Rich, The Glamorous, The Trashy Etc.. / The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? / Where's Ameze Amerhiagbe And All These Other Screen Divas Of Yesteryears? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by SeanT21(f): 9:45pm On Apr 01, 2009
We are talking about real divas here.Why did U put up that gal from WWE or EVE. embarassed

Real Divas are Whitney,Toni,Aretha,Tina,Donna Summers,etc.
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by kadman(m): 1:06pm On Apr 11, 2009
Gloria Gaynor - 60

Gloria Gaynor rose to fame in the 70s Disco era,with several hits including I Will Survive, I Am What I Am, Can't Take My Eyes off You & Never Can Say Goodbye.
Gloria Gaynor is legendary for being the very first person to take a disco album to #1 on the billboard chart in 1975,and being the only person to ever win a special Grammy Award for Best Disco Record in 1980
Gaynor has sold close to 50 million records and what inducted into The Dance Hall of Fame in 2005.
Gloria Gaynor would always be famous for the hit " I Will Survive" which has become a pro feminist anthem,and would most likely be the anthem for any minority group till the end of time.

Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2009
AALIYAH

was an American recording artist and actress. Introduced to audiences by R&B singer R. Kelly, Aaliyah became famous during the mid-1990s with several hit records from the songwriting-production team of Missy Elliott and Timbaland. She found success with her debut album Age Ain't Nothing But a Number, while introducing a "street but sweet" style which would become her trademark throughout her career followed by two more albums, One In a Million and the eponymous Aaliyah.

On August 25, 2001, Aaliyah and various members of her record company boarded a twin engine Cessna 402B (N8097W) at Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island, Bahamas to travel to Opa-locka Airport near Miami, Florida after they finished filming the music video to "Rock the Boat". The plane crashed shortly after takeoff about 200 feet (60 m) from the runway. Aaliyah, pilot Luis Morales III and the seven other passengers, including her hair stylist Eric Forman, Anthony Dodd, her security guard Scott Gallin, Douglas Kratz (a director of video production for Virgin Records), stylist Christopher Maldonado, Keith Wallace and Gina Smith (both employees of the Blackground label) died

A debut song for her: cry cry
(although it's originally her song, just modified)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfVA_6WRGbc

[img]http://laurenisonlyhuman.files./2008/08/aaliyah10.jpg[/img]

She was making it big too, sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by spikedcylinder: 4:07pm On Apr 13, 2009
Yea, true that with Aaliyah. sad
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by Czarskit(m): 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2009
~ Sarah McLachlan ~
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by oybv101: 9:12am On Apr 15, 2009
Czarskit:

~ Sarah McLachlan ~

word is bond!

God bless the internet. . .i would never have gotten my hands on her earlier albums
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by teissys(f): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2009
Mirriam Makeba, a legend

Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by teissys(f): 2:24pm On Apr 18, 2009
Wahu Kagwi, a young talented Kenyan musician who has made it big in the limelight. She is married to a fellow songstar, Nameless. Wahu is amongst the most succesful musicians in the country, with Miss Amani leading the ladies' list

Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by teissys(f): 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sheilah Mwanyigah aka Nikki, a songstress cum Tv Presenter. She came up with the song "Niwe wako" Swahili words for "I'm all yours"
She rocks the Kenyan musical sector alongside her counterpart Nyota Ndogo

Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by TOYOSI20(f): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2009
Love Nina Simone. . . . . kiss kiss
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by C2H5OH(f): 3:30am On Aug 18, 2009
rosa parks
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by C2H5OH(f): 3:12am On Aug 21, 2009
If Lil kim and eve are on this list

why not brittney spears and paris hilton
Re: Greatest Divas Of All Time. by mohawkchic(f): 3:42am On Aug 21, 2009
~These are my Fav. forementioned Diva's. .No List will be complete w/o them!!

~Cher
~Diana Ross
~Tina Turner
~Anita Baker
~Celine Dion
~Shania Twain
~Glady's Knight
~Gloria Estefan
~Ella Fitzgerald
~Chritina Aguilera
~Whitney Houston
~Barbara Streisand

~Not forgetting. . . .

~Faith Hill
~Etta James
~Nina Simone
~Billie Holiday
~Cyndi Lauper
~Mary J Blige

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Grinds Patoranking On Stage & Forgets Her Husband / I Already Cut Off My Manhood - Bobrisky / The Sad End Of Brenda Fassie: Bad Addiction Destroys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.