Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,096 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian (22080 Views)

A Typical Nigerian Politician's Look After Eight Years In Office (Photo) / Typical Ibadan Neighbourhood / Disturbing Picture Of A Typical African War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Richguys: 10:31am On Sep 10, 2008
10 Characteristics of a Typical Nigeria
This is my own 10 Try and make your own list

1. Very friendly
2. very Smart [Others call it 419]
3. Can adapt to any situation [even hell]
4. Very sensetive [ Obama Campaign fund Raising ]
5. Always optimistic [Naija go better ]
6. Hard working [ Go to lagos to confirm this ]
7. Hate Cheating [others call this arrogant]
8. As a Nigerian you must know how to praise yourself [others call this arrogant]
9. We don't care about what people say about us [others call this arrogant]
10. We always want to lead [ others call this arrogant]
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Mpele(m): 1:01pm On Sep 10, 2008
10 Charectaristics of a Nigerian

1. Very noisy

2. Always looking for attention

3. Hate South Africans with passion, after people from the South beat up some of their reletives

4. Look down on Ghanains

5. Never satisfied

6. Always arguing

7. Always looking for ways to make money

8. Likes travelling, even to countries where no sane person would ever consider going there!

9. Things that God is a Nigerian resident

10. Typically African

Please don't kill me over this
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 10, 2008
Mpele:

1. Very noisy

3. Hate South Africans with passion, after people from the South beat up some of their reletives

4. Look down on Ghanains

5. Never satisfied

6. Always arguing

8. Likes travelling, even to countries where no sane person would ever consider going there!

10. Typically African

I can guarantee you that no Nigerian will blink, not to talk of killing you because of the list, though i cannot say the same if it was the other way round; i mean South Africans.

On the other hand, your list is so true.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Jakumo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2008
Ha ha Mpele you are a poet at heart.

Expect some feeble return-fire though, since a few PATRIOTS are bound to blow a fuse when they read your true words.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by tpia: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
Jakumo:

Ha ha Mpele you are a poet at heart.

Expect some feeble return-fire though, since a few PATRIOTS are bound to blow a fuse when they read your true words.

hmmm.

Hope you say the same the day he directs his[b] lame ass, insipid[/b] generalizations at you.

A madman is destroying your neighbor's house and you're cheering him on. The day he comes back to destroy your own house, don't forget to cheer again.

maybe you feel Mpele likes you. cheesy
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by tpia: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2008
Mpele:

1. Very noisy

4. Look down on Ghanains

5. Never satisfied

6. Always arguing

10. Typically African

does this list describe your alledgedly Nigerian friends in south Africa?
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by opokonwa(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2008
From my own experience (and as a Nigerian), these are my top 10

1. Won't blink an eye to cut corners once he/she perceives an opportunity

2. Impatient, always in a hurry (and I wonder 'to where')

3. Their Graduates are always looking for established jobs rather than creating one

4. Their politicians are liars

5. Corruption capital of Planet Earth

6. Everyone wants to 'Get rich quick' here

7. Nigerians are survivors

8. Feared, suspected and almost always hated by their African counterparts, they still carry their own weight

9. Feared and suspected for fraud and sharp practices in the rest of the world

10. Think they are somewhat special with some smug superiority
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by RibaduFan(m): 4:37pm On Sep 10, 2008
@mpele

I dont blame u. Thank God for the white man that developed ur country and thank God for the rest of Africa that fought for ur independence. U wont see the beam in ur eye, it is the seck in the eyes of others that's fascinating to u.

@Okposomething

I dont blame u, just thank God for NNLG
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 5:29pm On Sep 10, 2008
Two types of typical Nigerians: Mr. 1 and Mr. 2 (or Mrs. 1 and Mrs. 2)

Characteristics of Mr. 1:
1. He is extremely materialistic
2. He's quick to judge others
3. He thinks he's better than all
4. He's very insecure and mostly mentally flimsy
5. He thinks white folks are better in every way and sees United States as Mecca
6. He measures his accomplishment by the numbers of his cars and houses
7. He's never satisfied regardless of his circumstance
8. He wants things only because his neighbours or friends have them
9. He's very loud and extremely uncivilized
10. He functions OK as long as he stays or mingles with folks at his level or below his level

Characteristics of Mr. 2:
1. He's very open minded and fair with his judgement
2. Material stuff means nothing to him
3. He's very respectful, sweet and bold at the same time
4. He mostly keeps his accomplishment to himself (not loud)
5. He does things his own way
6. He's very civilized and has an uncompromising family background/ values
7. He functions well under all circumstances
8. He's very stable in everyway
9. He doesn't mind to share
10. He's also spiritual

The question is: Are Mr. 1 or Mr. 2 (Mrs. 1 or Mrs. 2)?
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by QuotaSyste(m): 5:35pm On Sep 10, 2008
Richguys:

10 Characteristics of a Typical Nigeria
This is my own 10 Try and make your own list

1. Very friendly
2. very Smart [Others call it 419]
3. Can adapt to any situation [even hell]
4. Very sensetive [ Obama Campaign fund Raising ]
5. Always optimistic [Naija go better ]
6. Hard working [ Go to lagos to confirm this ]
7. Hate Cheating [others call this arrogant]
8. As a Nigerian you must know how to praise yourself [others call this arrogant]
9. We don't care about what people say about us [others call this arrogant]
10. We always want to lead [ others call this arrogant]

I think you wanted to write 10 Characteristics of a Typical Igbo man.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by nuggard(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2008
Shouldn't this be in forum games.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by bettes(f): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2008
@mpele

if you dont have anything positive to say go and sleep, ODE

@Post
you forgot to mention:
-Nigerians are accomodating
-Nigerians are confident
-Nigerians are sexy
-Nigerians are unique

The list goes on and on,
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by nuggard(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2008
bettes:

@mpele

if you don't have anything positive to say go and sleep, ODE

@Post
you forgot to mention:
-Nigerians are accomodating-Nigerians are confident
-Nigerians are sexy
-Nigerians are unique

The list goes on and on,

ROF scratching my Nyash, arrant stupidity
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Planner(m): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2008

1. Very noisy

4. Look down on Ghanains

5. Never satisfied

6. Always arguing

10. Typically African

Mpele i quite agree strongly with ur post. but i think i will rather be what you have listed above than be a south african who is HIV-infested, lazy, finger-pointing, shiftless individuals. Thank God for the white man that developed your country (which you people are largely destroying), you could have been worse that Somalia, with a Buthelezi-like President.

I welcome your comments!
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Kobojunkie: 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2008
ROFLMAO!!! @Mpele, your lists seems the closest to reality.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2008
I'm not sure why you folks continue to beat down this clown; I see something totally different from his list, in fact I think his list is mostly very complimenting.
for example:

1. Very noisy (this is very common, and not a big deal)

2. Always looking for attention (I guess to show the South Africans new things)

3. Hate South Africans with  passion, after people from the South beat up some of their reletives (this is true and natural)

4. Look down on Ghanains (may be we should allow Ghanains to confirm this statement)

5. Never satisfied (sky is the limit)

6. Always arguing (because the South Africans don't get it and won't get it)

7. Always looking for ways to make money ( Original Entrepreneurs)

8. Likes travelling, even to countries where no sane person would ever consider going there! (very open minded group of people)

9. Things that God is a Nigerian resident (Praise the Lord)

10. Typically African (No doubt about it)

I honestly don't see what could entice me to visit a South African site or forum.
Mpele must have seen something special and interesting about Nigerians to frequently visit this website (I wouldn't be surprised to discover that Mpele wishes he was from Nigeria).

And it makes me sick when an African from another country is bold enough to talk down to Nigerians. Absolutely not acceptable in my book.

This guy needs to be immediately castrated.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2008
Big B1:

And it makes me sick when an African from another country is bold enough to talk down to Nigerians. Absolutely not acceptable in my book.

This guy needs to be immediately castrated.

What

Nigerians are too special to talk down to?

Anyway, no list is complete in my view except it includes:
1) Not hard working, has very low productivity
2) Everybody is to be blamed but themselves
3) Wants work or money the easy and painless way
4) Although criticises poor standards, he/she celebrates national mediocrity
5) Has indefatigable spirit
6) Can find a million excuse why something can or has not improved when it is easier to find one simple change to improve it.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by RibaduFan(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2008
@Big B1

For once am in agreement with u
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Sep 10, 2008
Sagamite:

What

6) Can find a million excuse why something can or has not improved when it is easier to find one simple change to improve it.

Great list!!! ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by QuotaSyste(m): 12:54am On Sep 11, 2008
Sagamite:

What

Your list is perculiar to one section of the country and i don't know why you refuse to name that section to shame satan.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by QuotaSyste(m): 1:02am On Sep 11, 2008
Keep these out and the list will never be complete.
1.)Quota system.
2.)Federal Character.
3.)Laziness.
4.)Visionless.
5.)Bakwominess.
6.)Religious riots.
7.)Sharia.
8.)Born to rule mentality.
9.)Killing of Igbos because of cartoon in Denmark.
10.)Illiterate heads of state since after the war.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by AloyEmeka9: 1:32am On Sep 11, 2008
@Quotasystm, this your igbo igbo igbo is getting out of hand. Are you even sure you are igbo? Igbos were not the only people killed during the Denmark cartoon frenzy but majority of them and every other Nigerian as long as he/she is christian. Efiks, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijaws etc lost a handful too. Even during the Kaduna crisis, was it not a trailer load of dead  ibibios and Efiks that triggered the riot in Aba and port harcourt? this me me me mentality of yours is getting out hand and don't mask here as igbo whilst spewing rubbish.

Who are the illiterate head of states?
Obasanjo is a trained military engineer
Shehu shagari was a teacher
Abacha,Ibb,Buhari,Abdulsalaami all graduated from the  NDA, why call them illiterate? or was Aguiyi Ironsi more educated than them?
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by QuotaSyste(m): 1:49am On Sep 11, 2008
Aloy.Emeka:

@Quotasystm, this your igbo igbo igbo is getting out of hand. Are you even sure you are igbo? Igbos were not the only people killed during the Denmark cartoon frenzy but majority of them and every other Nigerian as long as he/she is christian. Efiks, Tivs, Ibibios, Ijaws etc lost a handful too. Even during the Kaduna crisis, was it not a trailer load of dead  ibibios and Efiks that triggered the riot in Aba and port harcourt? this me me me mentality of yours is getting out hand and don't mask here as igbo whilst spewing rubbish.

Who are the illiterate head of states?
Obasanjo is a trained military engineer
Shehu shagari was a teacher
Abacha,Ibb,Buhari,Abdulsalaami all graduated from the  NDA, why call them illiterate? or was Aguiyi Ironsi more educated than them?
Shut up my fren. We know your type that will masquerade under Igbo name to come defending the evil deeds of your people. Even if no Igbo were killed as you want us to believe, but were humans killed in the name of cartoon of some useless idiot? And why should even a single soul be lost because of ordinary cartoon? The heat is too much on you and you didn't disappoint by revealing your real awusa identity. You think your fake Igbo name is supposed to convince who?
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by blackspade(m): 3:29am On Sep 11, 2008
This is so funny! Some of those lists remind me of African Americans. grin grin grin
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 12:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
Some of those lists remind me of African Americans
African Americans? As how?
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by blackspade(m): 5:06pm On Sep 11, 2008
If you ever lived in America, you would know what I'm speaking of. I don't take these lists seriously, because I don't believe there is a "typical" Nigerian, we're all made differently, and weren't meant to be the same. A lot of the lists apply to SOME Nigerians, and some African-Americans, but nothing typical of neither group.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
But the topic has nothing to do with African Americans; you must have something special on your mind to indirectly introduce these entities into this topic.

For example: Some of the content of those lists remind me of Kenyans
I think Keyans have rights to be offended by this statement.

I'm not an African American, but it is always sensible to be fair and pay more attention to what we say. I think introducing African Americans is absolutely unnecessary.
If you have something against them, then you should just come out and boldly state it.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by sistawoman: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
@blackspade

Yes please do.

Big B1:

If you have something against them, then you should just come out and boldly state it.
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2008
Off the record:
@SisterWoman:

I like your "fro" and your necklace is also banging. cool

Nice taste!
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by sistawoman: 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
Big B1:

Off the record:
@SisterWoman:

I like your "fro" and your necklace is also banging. cool

Nice taste!

dats whats up!! Thanks
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2008
I hear you!
Re: 10 Characteristic Of A Typical Nigerian by BigB11(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
You look like a natural lady; ain't nothing better!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nembe Youths Shut Down OML29 Oil Well Located In Nembe - Bayelsa / Senator Dino Melaye's Recall Will Start On Monday July 10 - INEC / Bola Tinubu Sends Atiku Birthday Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.