Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Phcn Reverses Power Rationing Arrangement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Phcn Reverses Power Rationing Arrangement (787 Views)

Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / Lagos Assembly Reverses Pedro's Impeachment After Eight Years / Buhari Bows To Pressure, Reverses Ban On 113 Oil Vessels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Phcn Reverses Power Rationing Arrangement by dave07(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2008
Punch newspaper today 10th september, 2008
The Management of Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc has announced a reversal of the current 12-hourly nationwide power rationing arrangement.

In a statement on Tuesday the PHCN said rotational rationing from 12 midnight to 12 noon and 12 noon to 12 midnight, the schedule will be reversed starting from Thursday September 11, 2008.

The statement said, “Zones that had hitherto enjoyed power supply predominantly in the day time would now have it at night and vice-versa. This is to ensure even distribution of the limited generation out-put from functioning power plants.

“While Management sincerely thank its esteemed customers for their understanding and co-operation since the commencement of the nationwide 12-hourly zonal power rotational rationing on July 4, 2008, it re-assures that everything possible is being done to sustain the improvement in power supply.”

Recent estimate indicate that power supply have risen above the 3,000 megawatts mark largely on account of improved water sypply to the hrdro stations.
how have you been enjoying the 12 hour 'uninterrupted' supply in your area?
Re: Phcn Reverses Power Rationing Arrangement by faoni572(m): 10:00am On Sep 11, 2008
hmmm, I have not felt any power rotation in my area, what we have is still total blackout, I read it on the pages of newpapers only, though I believe some areas do experience it in port hacourt here.

(1) (Reply)

Third Mainland Bridge Re-opening! A Traffic Disaster! / Nigeria's Non-oil Exports Reach New Record / Cross Rivers State Is Insolvent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.