Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? (1481 Views)

Is Simple Server Simple Still Working With Mtn Bb10 Midi? / Landline GSM Desktop Phone, GSM Gateway For PABX & Intercom Solution / Is Your Glo BIS Still Working On Your PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? by samir101ng(m): 3:22am On Sep 11, 2008
Can nairalanders please confirm whether their NITEL landlines are still working and their location. Here in Gombe i can confirm without a doubt that Mtel is dead but am not too sure about the landline. Our office landlines have stopped working for a long time now. I intend on going to Bauchi which is the headquarters for the North East to confirm. Passed by the office a few weeks past and the place seemed so dead without any sign of life. Also, are there still any users of nitel dialup ? Please post your feedbacks here. Thanks.
Re: Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? by idupaul: 3:40am On Sep 11, 2008
samir101ng:

Can nairalanders please confirm whether their NITEL landlines are still working and their location. Here in Gombe i can confirm without a doubt that Mtel is dead but am not too sure about the landline. Our office landlines have stopped working for a long time now. I intend on going to Bauchi which is the headquarters for the North East to confirm. Passed by the office a few weeks past and the place seemed so dead without any sign of life. Also, are there still any users of nitel dialup ? Please post your feedbacks here. Thanks.

the thing you are looking 4 this morning u will surely find
Re: Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? by honsule(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2008
i guess mtel is dead for now.sometime this year in the skol,Ibadan their service was ok even to the extend of making 24/7 free call mtel to mtel,suddenly the network disappeared.the nxt time i pass thru Abuja i will try out my mtel sim and see if it will pick network.
Re: Is Nitel Landline Or Dialup Still Working ? by samir101ng(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2008
idupaul:

the thing you are looking 4 this morning u will surely find

Thank you

honsule:

i guess mtel is dead for now.sometime this year in the skol,Ibadan their service was ok even to the extend of making 24/7 free call mtel to mtel,suddenly the network disappeared.the nxt time i pass through Abuja i will try out my mtel sim and see if it will pick network.

Yes, that was also something that people with landline experienced. There was free calls within the city, sometimes you can also call other states. Then there was a period of crazy billing. Does the dial up internet work ?

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Communication Course With Utl Technologies Ltd., Bangalore, India / I Need A Good Offline LAN Chat Application / Operation Defend Your ISP: Lets See Your Current Internet Speed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.