Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America (8177 Views)

Soldier Kills Woman In Ondo Army Barracks (pics) / Man Attempts To Molest Pregnant Woman In Broad Daylight(photo) / 16 Year Old Boy Robs, Rapes 52-Year-Old Woman In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by genius33: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2008
There is no reason why rational adults should stoop to such a level and hit their partners. If they feel this is the way to handle a dispute then they aren't mature enough to even be in a relationship. Either they have anger issues or they want a sense of control. Fear does not equal respect, your spouse may fear you but wont respect you. Regardless of what country your in it's all the same, unfortunately the Nigerian government shows little concern about the wellbeing of their citizens which differentiates us from the Americans and Europeans. There are no support groups, no social services it's every man/woman for themselves. In America if your husband slaps you or wife attacks you it becomes a federal case, as for Naija, if your husband slaps you then I'm afraid you just got slapped end of story.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by EbonyMerma(f): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2008
Yeah, in America if a man slaps his wife she can press charges. They police will take him away and depending on the severity he may go to jail, or prison. This is considered as "domestic violence" or "assult and battery".

If a woman was to hit another woman it would be the same.

If someone hits a pregnant woman, they will definately go to jail.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by PepERSprAY: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2008
EbonyMerma:

Yeah, in America if a man slaps his wife she can press charges. They police will take him away and depending on the severity he may go to jail, or prison. This is considered as "domestic violence" or "assult and battery".

If a woman was to hit another woman it would be the same.

If someone hits a pregnant woman, they will definately go to jail.

The mistake people make is assuming that it's only the man that gets arrested after slapping a woman. A woman can also be arrested in America for slapping her husband. So don't think that because you are a woman, you are covered by no arrest insurance and you can slap your husband or boyfriend at will. They will also handcuff you and pray he doesn't press charges.

I disagree with some people here that claims that women rule in North America, that is a boldfaced lie. I repeat, don't buy that lie for a minute. Men get arrested more often than women because they are more violent and have the tendency to abuse physically while we women use our mouth to do ours most times.

The law is : You cannot abuse anybody be it man, woman, child, destitute etc and not you cannot abuse only the woman.

I just need to set it straight before some Naija women walk into trouble because they think they are shielded by the law covering physical abuse.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Spader9(m): 8:03am On Sep 20, 2009
"you cannont, North America as I know of is a woman's world."

Definitely true.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Charchar(f): 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2009
I read everything everyone said, I am from Canada and there was a coment about feminism, that is not what it is, it's just equal rights. Women have the same rights as men. It is a good thing, if a woman hits a man it would result in the same thing, but to just slap someone either a man or woman no you wouldnt just end up in jail it would have to be alot worse than that. For a man or woman to slap each other us just a sign of weakness and a feeling of lack of control in a situation. No one can control someone elses body or choises if it comes to being physical maybe they should not be together cause thier love is not truly love. If I said I loved someone why would I hurt the very thing I love. I know that our culture over here is very different then over there. If women had the rights that we had here they would be very different. In light of this all no one should slap no one in a perfect world.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by dinggle: 1:53am On Nov 24, 2009
If I no fit slap woman for America or Canada I go wait wen she come naija, I go slap am!!, then if America wan persecute me sha dem go first give me visa? abi, dat one be like say na better way to enter yankee, hehehehe.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by adavis84: 3:01pm On Nov 24, 2009
why would u want to hit your wife? the european bullshit i b talkin about. grow up!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by Charchar(f): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2009
@diggle. Your attitude is the exact reason Nigerians have a hard time trying to relocate over in North America, being sterio typed. Maybe your woman slaps you eh?
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by sweetpie23: 3:04am On Nov 25, 2009
Africa need to adopt that system as well tongue
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by brooklyn99: 11:45pm On Nov 25, 2009
who says u cant slap these hos??u gotta be kidding me. i met this nigerian gal, a few months back that came to the states thinking the same thing. freakn monkey slut!!!! cus she thought men cant hit women, this slowpoke that had only been here in the states (as at 4-5 months ago) for 11 months, all of a sudden thot she was american. bitch would hit me for any reason: for me talking to my daughter, my sisters, my baby-mom, friends etc she claimed she needed attention (she was only testing her powers). she felt good talking to other guys in front of me, but got mad if other gals called me. to think that we agreed we wouldnt date, just have sex. crazy ho!!! wanted to be my girl at all cost, but was talking to like 6 other guys. all she wanted was for one to just say "marry me". she just wanted to marry anyone. crazy bitch!!!!well, when i got tired of her hitting me so much (slaps for no reason)i flipped. one day she slapped me off a flimsy excuse,Jesus, did i beat the shit out that slut. and i enjoyed it too. fucking bitch hasnt seen me since. so yeah, u sure can beat a ho. just haul ass b4 the cops show. grin
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by ochungal(f): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2010
*tsk, tsk, tsk* angry angry angry angry By right you cannot & SHOULD NOT slap a woman! The greatest thing about the United States of America is the fact that it has LAWS and it invokes and act upon the laws of the nation. Domestic Violence is a punishable law. It doesn't discriminate by gender. It works more in favor for women because they have been the victims of such barbaric practices for centuries, sad that Nigeria is still backwards in implementing such a law.

With all that said, I dare the low life spicemen who raises his hands to knock my body! First I would make it my point of duty to have "it" arrested, second I would make certain that he lives to regret it even into eternal rest! Men, what you wouldn't want for your mother you shouldn't want for the woman you give your heart to, SOME OF US HAVE A WAY OF LETTING YU REGRET YOUR ACTION!!!!!! tongue

P.S. The charge for two women slapping each other is called ASSUALT & BATTERY, carrries the same judicial weight as domestic battery, and ranges from misdemenor to felony. Spousal/ common-law Domestic violence is a FELONY.
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by ekoboy: 1:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
Is physical violence the only form of violence.

Some women do worse with their mouth than men can ever do with their fists. Would you go looking for a fight with a tiger knowing fully well that you cannot fight it.

Am not trying to support men beating women, all am saying we should avoid anything that could lead to physical confrontation. If you know your husband or boyfriend does not like shouting at, then avoid that and find other ways of letting your emotions out. Am sure there are things you have been told that you wished you were beat instead.

For me i like myself because i have mouth as sharp as most women, so i can avoid not going physical with any woman and still get the results but that cannot be said of most guys. So my dear women, help the men to help themselves. MIND HOW YOU TALK!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by oyedepo1(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2011
To be sincere, this is what happens all over the world, but Nigeria's case is worst. It happens within all levels - ranging from the poor to the rich, from illiterate to the educated.

Just of recent was a case of a jobless man who beat and stabbed his banker wife to death. Many scenes I have seen with my eyes. Even one of my friends does that to his girlfriends, which he is eventually doing in his matrimonial home till today.

Every one knows two people can't be friends always - but is there an excuse to beat a woman? More or less your wife!
Re: My Dear, You Cannot Slap A Woman In America by adontcare(f): 10:29am On May 17, 2017
;Due
Orikinla:
I asked, because in Nigeria, it is not a crime to slap a woman.
She talks too much, you shut her mouth with a slap across the face.Whack!
She snarls at you and you reply with another slap!

I saw my cousin actually boxing the wife like he was boxing another man in a fight.
He punched her and then gripped her cheeks mercilessly. I did not know when I started sobbing, because I was embarassed to witness the shameless and barbaric action of my cousin. I succeeded in stopping the fight. But I heard that he continued to beat her when I left.

Later, he told me that I must be a man. So, beating up a woman makes a guy a man in Nigeria?

Well, I saw my father beat up my mother and later that same night made love to her.
Strange love.

I must confess that I slapped my younger sister the day I saw her compromising her dignity in a red light district in Lagos.
Whack! I slapped her and her sunglasses fell off.
It was a very hot slap.
But, that was to discipline her.

If your wife is rude and she asked for it, would it be wrong to slap her.
Or use Koboko to discipline her.

I saw a friiend slapping his girlfriend until blood flowed from her ears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnewi: Dead Man Reportedly Comes Back To Life (photos) / Kwara Police Arrest 14 Suspects For Murder, Armed Robbery / See How 24 Year Old Lady Looks Now In Just 4 Months Of Using Drugs (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.