Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women (3575 Views)

See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Marriage? Nigerian Guys In Europe Are Shying Away From Nigerian Girls / A Racial-marriage Problem! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by sweetrhyme(f): 10:00pm On Jul 05, 2006
is it me but it seem like Nigerian man have more chance to marry a wife from a different culture or country whereas with Nigerian woman you r expected to marry a Nigeria man with out no question.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by diddy4(m): 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2006
i like being a man. you should know by now that men can get away with many things from sex to marriage but women are somehow crippled. but i dont think women cant marry from other cultures or race cuzz i have seen some women marrying people outside nigerians.

women can if they want to but it comes with a price and not everyone is ready to pay that price.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by ikamefa(f): 11:42pm On Jul 05, 2006
diddy4:

women can if they want to but it comes with a price and not everyone is ready to pay that price.

bless ur heart diddy ,what would that price be pray tell?
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by diddy4(m): 1:45am On Jul 06, 2006
ummmm, maybe later.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by mamaput(f): 6:54am On Jul 06, 2006
ikamefa:

bless your heart diddy ,what would that price be pray tell?

That your family will disown you -
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by diddy4(m): 7:02am On Jul 06, 2006
thank you mama put.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by shawna(f): 2:46pm On Jul 06, 2006
@topic
am nigerian and my parents dont expect that i must marry a nigerian and if i decide to marry a white, indian or puerto rican or whatever race they wouldnt disown me. my parents dont care about whoever i marry as long as am happy
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by mamaput(f): 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2006
The Topic refers to that more men can do it than women.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by retro(f): 3:20pm On Jul 06, 2006
It is true. Men do it more than women. What can we do about it?
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by shawna(f): 3:33pm On Jul 06, 2006
mamaput:

oops my bad lipsrsealed anyways its not fair that men can do it more than women without facing consequences like u and diddy were talking about
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by mamaput(f): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2006
Its more because the Nigerians believe the son can always marry another wife thats all,
But the woman no.
Things have changed a bit and even with the woman now Money talks so if the (Outsider) husband if doing well for them they will not stand in the way
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by Busta(f): 7:08pm On Jul 06, 2006
I don't think thats true
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by ikamefa(f): 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2006
mamaput:

That your family will disown you -

i think it all depends on ur family and how u were raised, u cant generalize like that, using ma self as an example my ma& pa are open minded people , if i like bring home a Jamaican, a puertorican,a papa new Guinean covering his privates with leaves or a little green man from the moon, as long as am happy with him and love him i know they would always give their blessings.Am sure so many other people were raised like this too.

mamaput:

yes it does but is that what is happening in the world today? i know Nigerian sisters who don't date Nigerian Guys talk less of marrying them.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by mamaput(f): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2006
The girls you know , do they live in Nigeria?
Are they dependent or independent from their parents?
You cannot take just yourself as an example when it comes to the whole Nigerian Population.
Even if its not your parents, do you not think many fellow >Nigerians will ask you what you are doing with a white man .?They may think its because of paper and if you do have your paper many will shake their heads and wounder why you will not rather give it to a brother.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by retro(f): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2006
ikamefa:

i know Nigerian sisters who don't date Nigerian Guys talk less of marrying them.

I recognise myself in that statement.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by ikamefa(f): 8:12pm On Jul 06, 2006
mamaput:

The girls you know , do they live in Nigeria?
Are they dependent or independent from their parents?
You cannot take just yourself as an example when it comes to the whole Nigerian Population.
Even if its not your parents, do you not think many fellow >Nigerians will ask you what you are doing with a white man .?They may think its because of paper and if you do have your paper many will shake their heads and wounder why you will not rather give it to a brother.

like i said it depends on ur family and how u were raised , they could be openminded like mine or disown u like u said in your previous post, the girls i know, some are not in Nigeria and some are
on the issue of dependency only one is still dependent on her parents(still in the university) i don't date people base on the color of their skin, i date people based on who you are!
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by carmelily: 2:06pm On Jul 07, 2006
shawna:

@topic
am nigerian and my parents don't expect that i must marry a nigerian and if i decide to marry a white, indian or puerto rican or whatever race they wouldnt disown me. my parents don't care about whoever i marry as long as am happy
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by camara(f): 12:52am On Jul 19, 2006
i don't think it has much to do with the family disowning the girl.
most times,the family of the man don't accept u.i know some1 who married a 4rm another country.and the parents of the guy r makin the poor girls life a leavin hell.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by seyibrown(f): 11:45am On Jul 14, 2010
I have two friends who are married to oyibo, like myself. Our parents haven't disowned us yet o! My parents are open-minded and always told me they were happy to have an in-law of any race or tribe! Unfortunately, one of my husband's sisters was against the marriage at first (reason being that i am Nigerian) and almost split us up but she now knows I ain't going nowhere (unless I want to - lol)!
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by seasonedmom: 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2010
It all depends on what you want outta marriage. The outcome could be diverse, some good, some bad so people should just weigh the consequences before taking a leap. That you both come from thesame race doesn't guarantee a successful marriage anyway. Think of the effect on the offspring. In short count the cost!
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by tpiah: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2010
a papa new Guinean covering his privates with leaves

you'll bring home someone wearing leaf loincloth to meet your folks? Even if he's from your hometown.

yeah right. try am nah.

i trust yoruba people (are you yoruba?)

na mouth them go take finish you and your lover.

na inside una bedroom the leaf pata suppose dey nah!! make una model am for there, with matching leaf bra , not in public.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by whiteroses(f): 10:59pm On Jul 14, 2010
well lets start with a story shall we? lol
one woman married white after her husband left, all her family says no you cant, you ignored your kids with your mother at home and went to marry oyinbo come back home to us or take your kids with you, she says how can i take 4 children all over 15 years to london with me to all survive under one man,she delivered a girl she went home to greet her family and introduce baby, there was a family meeting as she was changing the nappy, she said she saw a coffin like thing that hit her on the head(she wasn't sure if she saw it physically or it was a vision in her head but something hit her) they rushed her to hospital and treated her
this scared me and decided that i belong to a naija man no coveteousness lol so yeah as a naija girl i have to choose carefully.

families think when you come here you have gone wild and forget them all they want to do is cut your wings, they dont know its by Gods grace that some people are surviving
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by tpiah: 1:36am On Jul 15, 2010
^^ shocked shocked

she should have fasted, prayed and pled the blood of Jesus before going home.

notwithstanding the question of why did she take the baby home in the first place?

lord have mercy.
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by papa190(m): 1:39am On Jul 15, 2010
tpiah i look for u come here

Tell ur people to unban me else, me and u nor go rest for nairaland~
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by tpiah: 1:46am On Jul 15, 2010
^^sorry.

seun and i have a big fight going on right now, and i dont know any of the moderators.

if dodododo/walestar is now a mod, maybe he can help you out?
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by papa190(m): 9:58am On Jul 15, 2010
rotflmfao~
Re: Inter-racial Marriage: Nigerian Men Vs Nigerian Women by tunnytox(m): 10:58am On Jul 15, 2010
diddy4:

i like being a man. you should know by now that men can get away with many things from sex to marriage but women are somehow crippled. but i dont think women cant marry from other cultures or race cuzz i have seen some women marrying people outside nigerians.

This is not always the case some Nigerians girsl especially those brought up in Nigeria cannot date men from other countries beacause these men cannot tolerate their constant demand for money to make hair, top up etc It has to do with their orientation.

(1) (Reply)

My Ex Banged Me Even With Pregnancy / Why Are Other Tribes So Concerned About The Expensive Igbo Bride Price Issue / God Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.