Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

My Neighbors Mother-in-law - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Neighbors Mother-in-law (3833 Views)

Nigerian Mother In Law Could Be Trying To Break Up My Marriage / Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law / Will You Allow Your Mother-in-law Live With You? - Funny Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by rampagain: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2008
omoge:

rampagain, my mama told me that so i will remember when i settle down. oyinbo matter na different thing. you see Jerry JerrySpringer and Maury eh  grin grin

lmao

if shes married to a nigerian,i dey pity her,cos naija men no dey like amebo wives wey no go mind their business naaaa

d fact is sistawoman is not ready to learn,she might be thinking we dont like her,but na true we dey tell her
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 16, 2008
When she was getting married . . . we heard.
When she got married . . . it was announced.
When they have sex . . . we hear the lurid details
When they fight . . . we get to read intimate text messages.
When they eat eba . . . we know
when they buy a bicycle . . . we even help recommend which type.

Haba sista . . . e don do. Go tend your marital garden.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by hunniebomb(f): 12:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

When she was getting married . . . we heard.
When she got married . . . it was announced.
When they have sex . . . we hear the lurid details
When they fight . . . we get to read intimate text messages.
When they eat eba . . . we know
when they buy a bicycle . . . we even help recommend which type.

Haba sista . . . e don do. Go tend your marital garden.

gud one.
amebo dey da ile ru. amebo dey break marriage.

yes, it's gud to help and encourage friends but u ve to know when to  lipsrsealed
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
so your advice would be for me to turn my back to my friend when she comes to me to talk to me?

Wow, i am really glad none of yall are my friends.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by rampagain: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
sistawoman:

so your advice would be for me to turn my back to my friend when she comes to me to talk to me?

Wow, i am really glad none of yall are my friends.

i can not even have u as a close friend,cos u dont mind ur own home

turn away from pples marital problem,save your own marriage,you're giving them advises,what makes u think u will stay in urs

just a friendly advise,leave pples marriage alone,let them sort themselves out,let the hubby tell her what to do,mind your own kids and husband madam
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by JustGood(m): 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
sista, is that your typical dress when you're going out to shop?
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 1:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
davidylan:

You're such a hypocrite. Your marriage was on the rocks less than a month ago. Ndipe gave you very good advice . . . mind your own business!

yours doesnt sound like "friendship" to me. Even best friends know where to draw the line.

My marriage was not on the rocks Okomi was simply acting like a baby and having a tantrum.

rampagain:

friends,i mean every friend needs their privacy,smtimes we impose on them wtout knowing

lets set aside our differences  wink  listen,once a woman is married,and has got a family to take care off,i hands off her marital problems,especially if me myself im married

no matter how close one is to a friend ,once there is a change in status one has got to mind his or her own business

ma advise to u is mind your business,don't involve yourself in watever that has got to do wt pples marriage or marital problems

u will be trying to help them ,but they will turn against u one day

didnt your mum tell u all this?

I will not turn my back to my friend.  If she comes to me to talk, seek advice or just give her a listening ear I will always be there for her.

This is where the culture might be different.  I share w/yall far, far, far more than i ever share with my real life friends and still there are things that stay between the sheets of my diary.  If my personal experience can help someone else out when they are having a problem then so be it.
What brought me to this site was googling a few keys words for a problem i was having.  I found the site and my answers.  And so i joined the site and decided to give back.

What i dont care for is the hate that you spew at me on a consistant basis.  It is like you are a stalker or something, following me from thread to thread feeling the need to attack me at every moment.  Maybe the message you are trying to deliver is a valid on but the way in which you are delivering it causes it to fall on deaf ears.

I mean really do you have some sort of vested interest in if my marriage works out or not.  Did you take some side bet on how long it is going to last and want to be sure you get your full payment?  What f,cking difference does it make to you if i get divorced tomorrow?

Me noisy, I would say you should take your own advice.  Or is it because I come here and ask for advice that you are offering it?  Ummmm is that not the same thing i am doing with my friend?  Shut up your mouth and follow the logic all the way thru.

You would do wise to learn to taper your advice with a bit of tact or just stop following me around the boards like a love sick puppy.  I am not into women and have no desire to lick your toto.

Peace and blessings my sister.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2008
JustGood:

sista, is that your typical dress when you're going out to shop?

yes. it depends on the weather.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by JustGood(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
sistawoman:

yes. it depends on the weather.

My gawd. you do leave very little to the imagination when you go shopping. That's a large chunk of your oshodi-oke that is showing even on the pic   cheesy
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 2:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
rampagain:

peace to u madam,im done wt u old woman wink

Thank You and Peace to you too.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by onyinye2(f): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
rampagain:

eeyaaa did it damage much?hope your entire family is ok?how come u people did not leave texas,i watched it on cnn when they told people to evacuate?
if shes married to a nigerian that is her problem jare
There was damage alright but, it is nothing compared to my family's safety. My family and I were untouched, but can't the same about our things. We couldn't evacuate because we are virtually not allowed. They only allowed folk in the Galveston area, which received the power and rage of the storm, to evacuate. So we just stayed where we were and prayed to Chineke, that we will be safe.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by rampagain: 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2008
onyinye2:

There was damage alright but, it is nothing compared to my family's safety. My family and I were untouched, but can't the same about our things. We couldn't evacuate because we are virtually not allowed. They only allowed folk in the Galveston area, which received the power and rage of the storm, to evacuate. So we just stayed where we were and prayed to Chineke, that we will be safe.

eeyaaa thank God for ur life and dat of ur family,he never puts his pple to shame,may he continue to guide and protect u all from all dis natural disasters
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by onyinye2(f): 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2008
rampagain:

eeyaaa thank God for your life and that of your family,he never puts his people to shame,may he continue to guide and protect u all from all this natural disasters
Nnem, I meela. kiss
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by kiwi992(m): 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
Hey Sis,

Easy yaw!

Please chill and don't get too offended.  You aren't going to change your character by starting to get nasty with people now, are ya?

I honestly don't think anybody here means any harm.  They were just suggesting that you didn't get too involved in the affairs of other couples, even though the misses is your friend. 

See what I mean?  

kiwi992.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
kiwi992:

Hey Sis,

Easy yaw!

Please chill and don't get too offended. You aren't going to change your character by starting to get nasty with people now, are ya?

I honestly don't think anybody here means any harm. They were just suggesting that you didn't get too involved in the affairs of other couples, even though the misses is your friend.

See what I mean?

kiwi992.

Yes I see what you mean. But no one here can tell me what to do when she comes to me and tells me and asks me for advice.

What do i do? Do i tell her to go sort it out on her own? Her doing just that has her marriage of 5 years on the brink of divorce. I know that she loves him and I know that there is some love from him to her still left. I just want to see them try to work this out. Is it wrong for me to want the best for her?
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by kiwi992(m): 9:16am On Sep 18, 2008
Hey Sis,

You're alright. 

Don't get all het up about it.  It ain't worth the hassle.

Personally, I wouldn't take any notice and just do what I feel is best for my mate.  She's your friend and you know her best.  A friend in need is a friend indeed, they say.

Easy now!

kiwi992.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by sistawoman: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Wow the things I am learning from this woman is incredible.

My husband has instructed her to speak Yoruba to me to help me with my learning. He says by the time she leaves in December I will know and speak the language perfectly. My neighbor/friend is also learning the language now with me and does great her MIL in the morning with Ekaro ma. So there is a start for her.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by na2day2(m): 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2008
no vex oo, i bin think say u bi 22 tongue tongue tongue

theopops:

Not everyone is comfortable going on their knees. It comes pretty easy for me, because I have done it for the past 28yrs of my life. So go ahead and be free.
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by jennykadri: 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2008
Siena:

Jenny! shocked shocked shocked Take things easy, never known you to get so angry! undecided
hi sweets kiss kiss smtimes ,one cant control temper wink
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by jennykadri: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2008
Siena:

Jeeze, I thought you were harmless. Hmm. undecided

i still am wink
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by slimfine(f): 12:53am On Dec 27, 2008
IF she no wan kneel, bend, or bow, na she sabi

As a good friend, you have already tried to show her but you cannot urinate for her now haba!!!!
Re: My Neighbors Mother-in-law by English1(f): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2009
I wish someone would teach me Yoruba cry I can only speak a few words.

Still, we are not Yorua and there's no point going too far trying to pretend. I don't think anyone cares that I don't kneel/bow or cook Nigerian food. Actually my other half (Yoruba) never bows and won't let anyone bow/kneel etc to him as he sees it as very old fashioned, and he is in his 50s.

The first time I met his mother she told him to hurry up and marry me. And his sisters like me - last time his older sister was here she embarrassed mr by singing my praises for about an hour and thanking God for sending me to him! So, i guess it depends on the family. My in-laws accept me for who I am - English.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Menz, Shewa - Ethiopia / Tell Me About Okpella People Of Edo State. / The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom And Facts About Benin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.