Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law (12153 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Iwoye-Ketu: Community Where It’s Taboo To Use Umbrella (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Ejaik2010: 1:45am On Aug 24, 2009
nairalanders do u think it is a taboo to marry ur sis-in-law. (that is ur brothers wife's sister). i will to hear ur replies.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by chiogo(f): 1:51am On Aug 24, 2009
I don't think so. People do it.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 24, 2009
gosh, what's with all these inbreeding topics?

is your range of eligible partners that low ?
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by davidif: 5:46am On Aug 24, 2009
@poster
NO

gosh, what's with all these inbreeding topics?
What does this have to do with inbreeding? They are not even biologically related.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by nethacker(m): 11:10am On Aug 24, 2009
Wats d big deal! 2 me,no big deal men after all u ain't biologically related.It's just dat u will be d brother-in-law of ur brother's wife in 2 places-as her husband's brother and as her sister's husband.simple grin
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2009
what?

is this a question just for fun or something
you are really planning to do?
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 24, 2009
You can marry your brother's mother-in-law sef

1 Like

Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by nethacker(m): 11:26am On Aug 24, 2009
dappssee:

that is if she is of age grin
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by opediileke(f): 11:44am On Aug 24, 2009
there is noting wrong with u marrying ur sister in law. just be sure u love her dat it is not infatuation for the marriage to last or else u will be ridicule.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by HarryPotter1(m): 11:46am On Aug 24, 2009
according 2 the Igbo tradition it is a very big TABOO 2 do dat and even if they are not biologically related it is not a proper thing 2 do abi girls don finish 4 naija.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by r231(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2009
dappssee:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Cheexie(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2009
Harry Potter:

according 2 the Igbo tradition it is a very big TABOO 2 do dat and even if they are not biologically related it is not a proper thing 2 do abi girls don finish 4 naija.

That's a lie

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Cintman: 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
i don't think is a Taboo to marry my sister in-law becoz if i find love in her and she find her's in me then i feel there is no cos for alarm undecided
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by nethacker(m): 12:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
opediileke:

there is noting wrong with u marrying your sister in law. just be sure u love her dat it is not infatuation for the marriage to last or else u will be ridicule.
couldnt have said it better than this^. Opediileke,is dat ur pix  tongue i love that eyez oo  grin kiss mo koe je men gba beee  grin
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by 3kay945(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
its a taboo in some culture, while some dnt give a damn, in some places incest reigns shocked
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by nellaluv(f): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2009
There is nothing wrong in marryin ur sister inlaw.Infact both of my dad's sisters are married to 2 bloodbrothers. tongue
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Donvilo(m): 12:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Topic.No, Why? undecided
Even self, it's like this: let's assume that u hav a twin bro/sis who happens to marry another twin of opposite sex. If u urself also happens to fall for the twin bro/sis of ur twin sibling, I mean, what's wrong with that? undecided
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by oge4real(f): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2009
No, it is not a taboo.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Nobody: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
If one man can marry two sister's why not? I've seen a neighbour do it. Two sister's married two brothers. No qualms. Though they had to convert to muslims sha. They married muslim brothers.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Oluschenco(m): 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
No, its not
I am really in-love with my ex-GF's sister, but my fear is if her sister wouldn't fire up.
I see nothing bad in it.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by galatico(m): 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2009
I don't think it's a Taboo, cause you're not related!!!
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Nezan(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
It is a taboo, depending on your cultural believes, BTW, it is a taboo in Tiv land.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by blacklion(m): 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2009
Harry Potter:

Not true at all. Which part of Igboland are you from sef? I personally know 2 guys who married their sister-in-law i.e. brother's wife younger sister. As long the couple are not BIOLOGICALLY related, there is no impediment to their marrying each other.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by Amjustme: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
Well i think there should not be anything wrong but marriage involves ur families too so its not entirely what u believe.

BUT my mum and her sister, married my dad and his first cousin.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by sexyfish(f): 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2009
YES, it is a taboo.Find love somewhere else. shocked
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by xtianh(m): 5:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
I think marrying a sister in law is not a taboo, cuz u are not biologically related and what more,
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by sherrylo: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
@Poster, yes you can. There isn't suppose to be any big deal about that but you know tradition and relatives they will talk.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by kok(m): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2009
I have never heard of it, but I think its no big deal.
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by pappy4real(m): 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
opediileke, ure so beautiful
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by WarfyBoy(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2009
MEM, IF DEM GIVE THIS BROS CHANCE IM GO MAKE MAKE EBA FOR BOTTLE
Re: Is It A Taboo To Marry Your Sister-in-law by QLee: 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2009
Your brother's wife is your sister-in-law.
Your brothers wife's sister is your brother's sister-in-law, NOT YOURS.

So can you marry your brothers wife's sister? - YES
She's not your blood relation!

Kapish.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

18-year Old Beautiful Girl Marries Dog In India (pictures & Video) / Awujale Showers Praise On Globacom For Ojude Oba Festival / Why Do We Cook And Eat At Funerals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.