Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan (2214 Views)

David Beckham Retires From Football / For Your Viewing Pleasure- R. V. Nistelrooy Vs T. Henry / Where Are All Arsenal Fans Who Said Chelsea Were A "flash In The Pan"??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by pak: 10:32pm On Sep 12, 2008
Wel, though am not really an arsenal fan but was just wondering what you think will be the future for england's new golden boy.

will he be a

Shearer, Lineker - True legend (club and country)

Henry - Club legend (at last from the english perspective)

David Beckham - good but too much marketing driven hype

Fowler - never really lived up to expectation

or just a flash in the pan

Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by pak: 10:38pm On Sep 12, 2008
And dont start getting ideas, thats his sister !!!

Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2008
He does have a babe and yal should give Theo a break he is just 19 make una no use over-hype kill am like yall did to Owen
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by mukina2: 10:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
LOL grin

Walcott has come off -age , and is on his own level, the boy has shown what he can do and the talent he poses, he is not a flash in the pan and he will keep on getting better and better .
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 11:37pm On Sep 12, 2008
Amen ooh
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by Hannibal: 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2008
Walcott is another Jose Antonio Reyes, Francis Jeffers, Owusu Abeyie. grin cheesy grin
He can never achieve his potential at Arsenal.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 11:56pm On Sep 12, 2008
Shut your rotten trap!!Playa hater Theo is destined to shine and probably be an Arsenal legend
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by Hannibal: 12:15am On Sep 13, 2008
A-40:

Shut your rotten trap!!Playa hater Theo is destined to shine and probably be an Arsenal legend

Arsenal legend??
Like Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Jermaine Pennant, Pascal Cygan, Luis Boa Morte, Stefan Malz, Christopher Wreh, Igors Stepanovs, Philippe Senderos and Abou Diaby?? grin cheesy
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by ndumart: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2008
Walcott is definitely a good player. Just that Arsenal is presently grooming him for the money bags. In some 2 or 3 seasons, the likes of barca, RM, Chelsea, ACM, Liverpool or even Man U will dangle some little but attractive quids b4 Wenger and off Walcott goes.

wenger will then remind u guys that he made a nice deal on Theo. Arsenal like totenham has become a feeders team to the big teams in world football.

Enjoy Walcott while he is still with u guys. Cos very soon he will come up with excuses like london being too cold or that Arsenal is an unambitious team and that he needs to win trohies.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 1:24am On Sep 13, 2008
@Hannibal
Ohh like yall don't breed shitty players  tongue Djemba-Djemba,Chadwick,Bosnich,Eagles,Richardson etc
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by pak: 5:41am On Sep 13, 2008
Hannibal:

Arsenal legend??
Like Richard Wright, Francis Jeffers, Jermaine Pennant, Pascal Cygan, Luis Boa Morte, Stefan Malz, Christopher Wreh, Igors Stepanovs, Philippe Senderos and Abou Diaby?? grin cheesy

Hannibal, my guy, you'r so funny,

what side of the world do you come from ?

Long time mukina !!!

Abeg Miss mukina, help me. how do I start a poll on this forum

its so funny, I've set up phpBB's before and now I cant even start a poll

on nairaland
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by pak: 5:45am On Sep 13, 2008
A-40:

@Hannibal
Ohh like yall don't breed shitty players  tongue Djemba-Djemba,Chadwick,Bosnich,Eagles,Richardson etc

Abeg A-40,

lets not use this thread as another ground for a Man-Utd, Arsenal war (I guess Muki will agree with me)

besides we all know who always wins  wink
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by dayokanu(m): 7:24am On Sep 13, 2008
That was the same thing they said about Rooney four years ago Right now he is worse than he was then.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by RuuDie(m): 12:40pm On Sep 13, 2008
FLASH in a hot, sizzling FRYING PAN. . . .
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2008
RuuDie:

FLASH in a hot, sizzling FRYING PAN. . . .
Watch today's game against the Blackies and choke on your words
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by femzy(m): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2008
Short sighted bias fans , he's not flashing in the pangolo sef grin grin grin
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by nyabinghi(m): 8:14am On Sep 15, 2008
Theo walcott will never get to the level of the owens of this world, he will be better off running for great britain in 2012 olympics. He had a flukey perfomance like rooney's in 2004. English players are over hyped just like Nigerian Players. Come back to me in 2012 and tell me about walcott. Hs he scored more than 5 EPL goals.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by papadims: 8:33am On Sep 15, 2008
walcott has the potential to be a great player. the mistake people make is trying to compare him with other players. pele was a great player so also were maradona, platini, cruyf, eusebio, but they are all different from each other.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by sofadj(m): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2008
walcot's a player of his own head. dont compare him with other players.
but really he plays like thierry and even wanna score like him.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by mukina2: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
pak:

Long time mukina !!!

Abeg Miss mukina, help me. how do I start a poll on this forum

its so funny, I've set up phpBB's before and now I can't even start a poll

on nairaland

Hi Pak smiley been a while . .

You can only start a Poll if you are the Author of the thread .You see the following at the bottom of the thread , if you are the author :-

Send topic, reply, Subscribe, Add Poll, Mark as read and print

You simply click on the add Poll and, it will take you to the add poll page.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by grandjedi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2008
Like AW and other commentators have been saying, it's too early to start comparing Theo to legends of the past. The chap is still 19 and is still developing physically, mentally and also other aspects of his game.

It would be a mistake to push the guy too fast or too hard. I'D like to see how he matures over the next 2-3 years and I think he's in the best club for that. He also appears to be a level-headed chap, so if all goes well he might be one of the stars in SA 2010, let me go book my tickets already, smiley smiley cool

BTW, they seem to have a "beauty gene" in his family. His sister is also  kiss kiss
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by cruworld(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
walcott Omo Oro jeun soke
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2008
@cruworld
Confirmed
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by GoldCircle: 11:32am On Sep 16, 2008
well said ndumart! I rest my case.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by dayokanu(m): 11:41am On Sep 16, 2008
He had a flukey perfomance like rooney's in 2004. English players are over hyped just like Nigerian Players.

Good to know some people are knowing Rooney's real worth.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by KunleOshob(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2008
Theo has been three years in the making since he first hit the head lines as a teenage prodigy, since then he has been under the careful tutelage of prof who has been gradually breaking him into the first team whilst honing his skills. Definitely the boy as come of age and is definitely not a flash in the pan, saving injuries, he would go on to become one of the greatest players of his generation, both for club and country.
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by Raimond(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2008
Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is Walcott, The New Beckham, Henry Or Flash In The Pan by A40(m): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2008
He saved our butts yesterday again with that low cross into the danger area which Gallas bundled in

(1) (Reply)

Arsen Wingar And Jose Morinho On Vincent Enyeama / Arsenal Agree Deal To Sign Sahin On A Year Long Loan / Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.