Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,633 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant (2222 Views)

Reason Why Arsenal Will Beat Barca / Is It True Man Utd Fans Are Arrogant / Most Chelsea Fans Are Lousy And Myopic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by vowiski(m): 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2012
I can argue it till eternity that Arsenal football club has the most arrogant fans in modern day football. I based my judgment on the fact that they think they are morally superior to others and in the same vain conclude that any player that plays for Arsenal must automatically sell his soul to the club, even when the club has shown no ambition in winning trophies or even fighting for one but settling for 3rd-place finish.

Although, I must really give thumb-ups to the guys that constitute the fans of Arsenal for their unflinching support over the years, even when the club had torn and shattered their hearts completely on several occasion. This alone cannot deter my mind from the crazy character they put on when players who have left the Emirates return to play against Arsenal.

When E. Adeboye left Arsenal to Man. City, eventually all the Arsenal fans started venting their displeasure and anger against a prolific striker who gave his all to Arsenal. When he scored against Arsenal and ran towards the opposing fans, I understood clearly his frustration. I really did not see anything wrong with that, because the guys at the Emirates deserved it. Similarly, Samir Nasri left the Emirates for Ethiad, and Arsenal fans concluded that Nasri was a delusional guy who loved money than the game of football. An allegation Nasir has always debunked insisting that he went to a club that is hungry to win things and today, he has been vindicated by wining the EPL title with City. Prior to Nasri’s title victory, when Arsenal hosted Manchester City, I watched in total disbelief how the classless Arsenal fans booed Samir Nasri in high definition. I was really sad for Nasri because he really deserved more than that. Nasir showed strength and character when he was at Arsenal. He gave up everything to the club but his contribution has been rubbished and was given the middle finger they the Emirate fans. Perhaps one of too many reason you can’t blame Nasri for lashing out on Arsenal and its fans when he finds the opportunity to do so.

Continue Reading
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by HNIC(m): 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2012
The prejudice in this article is so clear for all to see.
Pray, Did Craig Bellamy insult Citeh fans when he left the club or Did SWP do same?
What of other Arsenal players who left the club and are cheered whenever they come around.
The writer only pointed out Nasri and Adebayor who insulted the fans and the club after they left.
It's not arrogance at all.
Other clubs have booed ex players before, after they departed the club.
Spuddies will never forgive Campbell for leaving them for Arsenal and even after he left Arsenal, he was still booed.
Same for Chelsea fans who constantly booed Gallas when he left Chelsea for Arsenal.
Fans are the same...everywhere,except people go 'ga-ga' when it is the Arsenal

1 Like

Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by 1025: 9:57pm On Jun 25, 2012
@HNIC,
exactly what i was discussing with u on another thread here. arsenal is known for their protracted transfer saga which in most cases leads to anger on both sides. a player gives his best when he loves where he is. can you say terry as a chelsea captain is not loyal to the club or can u say same about gerrald and liverpool.
one thing is sure here, i don't call that arrogance on the side of the fans rather i call it frustration but my problem that the fans are always mis-directing their angers. when balotteli scored against man u, we saw his inner shirt and the write up there was like a question(pardon me man u fans) WHY ALWAYS ME? arsenal and their fans must make use of that same question every season, new captain, why always me?
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by HNIC(m): 11:43am On Jun 26, 2012
1025: @HNIC,
exactly what i was discussing with u on another thread here. arsenal is known for their protracted transfer saga which in most cases leads to anger on both sides. a player gives his best when he loves where he is. can you say terry as a chelsea captain is not loyal to the club or can u say same about gerrald and liverpool.
one thing is sure here, i don't call that arrogance on the side of the fans rather i call it frustration but my problem that the fans are always mis-directing their angers. when balotteli scored against man u, we saw his inner shirt and the write up there was like a question(pardon me man u fans) WHY ALWAYS ME? arsenal and their fans must make use of that same question every season, new captain, why always me?
@1025,
You make me laugh. . .
Where were you when Man citeh flirted with John Terry and he almost left the club.
Or when Mourinho 'seduced' Gerrard and he almost left Liverpool.
Talking of loyalty, ever heard of Tony Adams of Arsenal?
Not diverting from the original post.
Fans will dislike a player if you bring their darling club's name to disrepute.
Arsenal's cases are always overblown!
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by 1025: 2:04pm On Jun 26, 2012
@1025,
You make me laugh. . .
Where were you when Man citeh flirted with John Terry and he almost left the club.
Or when Mourinho 'seduced' Gerrard and he almost left Liverpool.
Talking of loyalty, ever heard of Tony Adams of Arsenal?
Not diverting from the original post.
Fans will dislike a player if you bring their darling club's name to disrepute.
Arsenal's cases are always overblown!

@HNIC,
overblown by who and why always arsenal? the two examples you gave above according to u were ALMOST and for our records they did not happen.
henry, toure,galas, fabregas and now van persie are all captains whose minds are not with the club. is not always about arguments. something is wrong somewhere.do u captain ur players to sale them? have u not noticed that once u captain a player, the next thing will be him leaving?
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by purplekayc(m): 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
undecidedWhatever...... undecided
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by HNIC(m): 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
1025:

@HNIC,
overblown by who and why always arsenal? the two examples you gave above according to u were ALMOST and for our records they did not happen.
henry, toure,galas, fabregas and now van persie are all captains whose minds are not with the club. is not always about arguments. something is wrong somewhere.do u captain ur players to sale them? have u not noticed that once u captain a player, the next thing will be him leaving?
@1025,
Henry,vieira and fabregas left the club when they were captains.
For the records, Robin van Persie is still an Arsenal player.
Kolo Toure was never a captain, he was deputising....and gallas did not leave Arsenal when he was the captain.
No big deal about captains wanting to leave the club, they can't play for us forever. like I said earlier it's you guys from opposition clubs that keep ranting about the club.
The club ain't won anything since 2005 yet the number of fans keep rising...I think thats where other fans are worried
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by dabrake(m): 2:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
vowiski: I can argue it till eternity that Arsenal football club has the most arrogant fans in modern day football. I based my judgment on the fact that they think they are morally superior to others and in the same vain conclude that any player that plays for Arsenal must automatically sell his soul to the club, even when the club has shown no ambition in winning trophies or even fighting for one but settling for 3rd-place finish.

Although, I must really give thumb-ups to the guys that constitute the fans of Arsenal for their unflinching support over the years, even when the club had torn and shattered their hearts completely on several occasion. This alone cannot deter my mind from the crazy character they put on when players who have left the Emirates return to play against Arsenal.

When E. Adeboye left Arsenal to Man. City, eventually all the Arsenal fans started venting their displeasure and anger against a prolific striker who gave his all to Arsenal. When he scored against Arsenal and ran towards the opposing fans, I understood clearly his frustration. I really did not see anything wrong with that, because the guys at the Emirates deserved it. Similarly, Samir Nasri left the Emirates for Ethiad, and Arsenal fans concluded that Nasri was a delusional guy who loved money than the game of football. An allegation Nasir has always debunked insisting that he went to a club that is hungry to win things and today, he has been vindicated by wining the EPL title with City. Prior to Nasri’s title victory, when Arsenal hosted Manchester City, I watched in total disbelief how the classless Arsenal fans booed Samir Nasri in high definition. I was really sad for Nasri because he really deserved more than that. Nasir showed strength and character when he was at Arsenal. He gave up everything to the club but his contribution has been rubbished and was given the middle finger they the Emirate fans. Perhaps one of too many reason you can’t blame Nasri for lashing out on Arsenal and its fans when he finds the opportunity to do so.

Continue Reading
allow me laugh at the bolded jare
Re: Why Arsenal Fans Are The Most Arrogant by 1025: 3:40pm On Jul 05, 2012
@1025,
Henry,vieira and fabregas left the club when they were captains.
For the records, Robin van Persie is still an Arsenal player.
Kolo Toure was never a captain, he was deputising....and gallas did not leave Arsenal when he was the captain.
No big deal about captains wanting to leave the club, they can't play for us forever. like I said earlier it's you guys from opposition clubs that keep ranting about the club.
The club ain't won anything since 2005 yet the number of fans keep rising...I think thats where other fans are worried

@uncle,
how market? if you are saying arsenal fans are increasing, it is either that you are pretending or u are not current. are u saying that the exit of van persie now will bring in more fans to arsenal or discharge some fans?
all these key players that leave the club have their own personal fans. mourinho was so influential in chelsea that his departure took with him some fans.
do not forget, most chelsea fans today were arsenal fans. man city now are beginning to get new fans, where do u think these fans will come from? they are fans of clubs that are not doing well and u and i know too well just like van persie said, arsenal and their direction is somehow.
the last time i checked, success they say have many relative and not failure. are u not using me as a case study? i left arsenal in 2004 when i saw the dangers ahead. wenger is just a confused old man. don't forget, since ur club has no more big players to sale this season, they are not posting any profit, mark my words. juve for now is ready to pay 8 million and if u ppl don't cash in quick, there is a possibility that u will end up with 5 million.
all that are happening to arsenal now were what they wished us last season when they were busy reminding us that we won't be in champions league next season. we are now waiting to see how u will make it this season.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Agree Deal To Sign Sahin On A Year Long Loan / Your Greatest Uefa Champions League Nights: 1993 -2011 / Real Sociedad Vs Real Madrid (0 - 1) On 29th October 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.