Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,731 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? (23507 Views)

Buy Hp Pavilion Dv4 #35000. Click For Details. / Which Shud I Buy Hp Pavilion Dv6 Or Hp Pavilion G6? / Which Laptop Is Better To Buy, Hp Or Dell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2009
Are you sure those are original HPs?
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 9:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
George_D:

Are you sure those are original HPs?
do you even own a laptop? stop posting rubbish about acers
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
flyuche:

this 'rubbish' was posted from a DV5 hp laptop. thank you mr 'ácer'. i hope you cling on to
your compromised crap grin
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
George_D:

@Toyinrayo,
We all know these things, so no use pretending. ACER compromises on qualitity big time.
Take thier display screen for instance. I't's a heap of crap.
LOL was I pretending?
All I'm simply saying is that Acer is not cheap, but it's shitty.
It's going [/b]cheap b/c of the economy wink

oyb v1.01:

the real question is how much did toyinrayo pay for her acer pc?

anyone who buys a laptop $500 and below of any model/manufacturer may have issues.

theres a reason why they are called 'low end' or budget models

now, if an acer ferrari was misbehaving - then there'd be a clear case against acer.

[b]note also that the still unresolved internet connectivity problem may not be due to the laptop per se. . .,

$500 and below? shocked shocked shocked
If you can find me one at that price range with good features, let m know. wink

You know, I still didn't fix the net con. problem?
Looking for a new one, HP this time, maybe undecided

Oyb, is this you?

flyuche:

George_D:

this 'rubbish' was posted from a DV5 hp laptop. thank you mr 'ácer'. i hope you cling on to
grin grin grin grin C'mon, separate right now! grin grin
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2009
George_D:

so na one of these cheap plastic hp pavillion you borrow come here de make noise.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:43am On Apr 16, 2009
flyuche:

so na one of these cheap plastic hp pavillion you borrow come here de make noise.

yes. it was 'borrowed' with more than double the amount you used to buy your acer crap.
bring it on, brother. i hope you have enough cheap connection to go through with this.
abi na freedom you dey use? grin
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by theboy0808(m): 11:42am On Apr 16, 2009
I use an Acer notebook
I don't see the reason some of y'all are turning this into a contest.
Some HP notebooks are better than some Acer's stuff and vice-versa
Notebook technology is difficult to keep up with.
To judge who has the best notebook, check out (i.e. compare and contrast) the latest best from each manufacturers' high-end stuff
Instead of coming all out and shouting like litle kid in a dick-measuring contest.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 12:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
I hate it when people make blank generalisation. " This is crap, that is crap" kind of talk. It would be reasonable to state your own experience. All machines are susceptible to faults , hardware or software. Satellites and spacecrafts that are built with the highest technological process fail sometimes not to talk of laptops. Go to computer repair shops, you find all sort of brands eg apple, hp, dell, lenovo begging for attention. I don't stick to any brand, i buy what appeals to me preferentially business class laptops. Point is, when you have issues with your pc deal with it. I have used compaqs, acers, lenovos, hps, dells and a few unpopular brands. Well yet to try an apple.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by tainot2002(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
flyuche:

I hate it when people make blank generalisation. " This is crap, that is crap" kind of talk. It would be reasonable to state your own experience. All machines are susceptible to faults , hardware or software. Satellites and spacecrafts that are built with the highest technological process fail sometimes not to talk of laptops. Go to computer repair shops, you find all sort of brands eg apple, hp, dell, lenovo begging for attention. I don't stick to any brand, i buy what appeals to me preferentially business class laptops. Point is, when you have issues with your pc deal with it. I have used compaqs, acers, lenovos, hps, dells and a few unpopular brands. Well yet to try an apple.

Tru talk
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 16, 2009
George_D:

yes. it was 'borrowed' with more than double the amount you used to buy your acer crap.
bring it on, brother. i hope you have enough cheap connection to go through with this.
abi na freedom you dey use? grin
grin grin grin grin
Didn't I separate you too angry angry cheesy

flyuche:

I don't know what you're getting frustrated for. . . .Like I said before, ACER is CRAP tongue
No no, am not comparing it to HP, but to all other computer industries
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by flyuche(m): 11:18pm On Apr 16, 2009
i am out of here.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by rancetech(m): 5:06am On Apr 19, 2009
I'm about to order this from the states, any advice before I proceed?

Its 4GB Ram
350GB Hard drive
2.0GHZ Processor
18.4 inch Wide screeeeeeeeen
And all the other sweet stuffs new laptops come with.

Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Mobinga: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2009
have u ordered
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hello house, This is the first time i'm coming across this thread, i will be purchasing a laptiop like tomorrow and my budget is 90K. I saw an ACER laptop that goes for 85K(can't remember the type). Pls i need your frank opinion about ACER laptops generally, i'll appreciate it if you could suggest an ACER laptop that's goo for web development/Design or even a HP that's that cheap.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by sunnyjz: 11:00pm On Apr 20, 2010
yes acers are good, hit me up if you need a new one or you trying to order one. i can get you a brand new one for less than 80000.00 hit me up at felli455@yahoo.com
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by lannre(m): 8:36am On Dec 12, 2012
I need original laptop within 24hours. Anyone with hp or dell office address and phone number in Lagos.
Please call or text. 08098844224 @otunbalanre thanks.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 16, 2012
Ex Inferis: HP "special Edition" lovers, check out this sleek powerhouse.

Packard Bell's iPower GX:

1. 1,920 x 1,200 display ( true HD)

2. nVidia 9800M GTS with 1GB dedicated GDDR3 video memory

3.  Intel's first Quad Core mobile processor, the Core 2 Quad Q9100 (four CPU cores)

4.  Blu-ray drive

5.  4GB of system memory

6. 640GB hard disk (twin 320GB SATA in RAID 0)

7. 1.3 MP webcam

8.  gigabit LAN

9. wireless-N

10. bluetooth

11. 5-in-one card reader

12. 9-cell lithium ion battery

13. fingerprint module

ever heard of packard Bell? the above is a gaming notebook.

theres a world outside HP.

Packard Bell is also by Acer. Very good.
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by Simitrendy: 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
ExInferis:

dude, youve said a very sensible thing. that has been my argument when i see people clamoring for HP above all others.

1. CPU is most likely by Intel or AMD

2. GPU is most likely by Intel, Nvidia, Ati or Via

3. Hard Disk is Most likely by Samsung, Pioneer, Seagate, Western Digital or other

4. RAM is most likely by Rambus,  Samsung, Micron Technology, Infineon, NEC or Hyundai

5. Wireless chipset most likely by Broadcom, Intel, Realtek/Via, etc

6. Display most likely by Samsung or fujitsu-Siemens

7. Trackpad licensed from Synaptics

8. USB and fireWire come from the Northbridge/Southbridge chipset manufacturer, most likely Intel or other (USB is a standard backed by a consortium while FireWire comes from Apple).

10. Operating System most definitely from Microsoft (except if running Linux or a hackintosh box)

so it makes one wonder WHAT EXACTLY was manufactured by HP that set their system apart from, say, Dell or Sony or whatever.

thses guys just sell us specs and lots of trial software and bloatware in their machines. what they do is design the casing and send their specs to a mass contract manufacturer in Shenzhen or Taiwan and have them built. Then their Logo is slapped on the case and shiped off to the states.

thats why you never see a machine that says "made in the US".

A centrino Dell having the same specs with a Centrino VAIO are essentially the same thing as long as the base hardware is the same.

thats why i prefer Apple. they build their hardware AND Operating System and optimize both to work with each other. Windows machines (whether by Dell, HP, Sony et al) are subject to  the whims of Microsoft. No matter the specs of a windows machine, if the Microsoft OS lags (read: Vista) then your prized machine will lag as well. sometimes the OS is the bottle neck.

wise up, buy what you can afford and what can best serve you. if all you do is browse and make documents i see no reason for shelling out for an expensive Core 2 Duo when a Celeron is more affordable and can best serve your needs.

If you are a media junkie then by all means get a pavilion.

if you do intensive graphics and video works  then please get Apple  Macbook Pro.

PS: ive read in Engadget and elsewhere that HP, tired of the nonsense that Vista is and the hardware demands of Windows 7, are thinking of creating THEIR OWN OPERATING SYSTEM.

meanwhile Sun is innovating the entire OS concept. read about Project Looking glass here

http://www.sun.com/software/looking_glass/

while Cairo is an attempt to give windows a much needed facelift. everybody is tired of Windows Explorer so some people are redoing the whole thing.

this is what the developers say:

" With Cairo you can transform your desktop from the dated Windows user interface to a brand new system that will change the way you use your computer forever. Taking advantage of proven functionality, and with stability and performance in mind, the Cairo Desktop system aims to give users a productive and easy to use shell that advances current technology standards. Never get lost in a sea of windows again."

check out Cairo here

www.cairoshell.com

all these are happening because windows stubbornly refuses to be innovative.

the same way you have used windows 95 is essentially the same way you are using vista

Hey bro. I know its awkward mentioning you on this post cause its been 9 years you posted this. I actually found it fascinating and you seem tech savvy. I'm a student and in need of Laptop which I want to use for my project in a year to come, am in 400Level now so I'd be using it when I get to 500L. So am just thinking which Laptop would be good for a student within the range of 100-120 and I came across HP 250 G5 Intel Celeron Processor with 500GB HDD,4GB RAM and a Microsoft Windows 10. So am actually thinking if it'd worth it and also am a game freak that's why I opt for this. I'd await your response. Thanks!
Re: Why Buy Hp When There's Acer? by ExInferis(m): 5:04pm On Jul 24, 2017
Simitrendy:

Hey bro. I know its awkward mentioning you on this post cause its been 9 years you posted this. I actually found it fascinating and you seem tech savvy. I'm a student and in need of Laptop which I want to use for my project in a year to come, am in 400Level now so I'd be using it when I get to 500L. So am just thinking which Laptop would be good for a student within the range of 100-120 and I came across HP 250 G5 Intel Celeron Processor with 500GB HDD,4GB RAM and a Microsoft Windows 10. So am actually thinking if it'd worth it and also am a game freak that's why I opt for this. I'd await your response. Thanks!

If you're a game freak, I'd assume you mean graphically advanced games and not solitaire or subway surfers.

If so, kindly avoid anything with Celeron.

The least you can get away with is at minimum a 5th intel corei5, 4gb RAM, and at least IntelHD 4400 integrated GPU.

And that's to play pre-2011 games.

Anything from 2011 you'll need 8gb, intelHD 4600, Intel 520 or Intel Iris.

Or if you've the budget you can get a machine with a dedicated GPU or a modern APU.

But they cost a lot, so really you can't have your cake and eat it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Choosing The Right Laptop For Gaming / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / 6 Awesome Hidden Things On Facebook...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.