Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby (11118 Views)

Canada Begins Compulsory Fingerprint For Nigerian Visa Applicants / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 1:33pm On Sep 15, 2008
i need a visa for my 16months old baby to go to Nigerian she is a German passport holder and i am a Nigerian how did i go about applying for the visa
can i apply on line or did i have to go to the embassy, i try to call the embassy for 2weeks now nothing is working what should i do, people help me out.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Evept(f): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2008
your baby dont need a visa to travel to Nigeria cos ur a Nigerian,all you have to do is go to the embassy and insert your baby´s name in your passport,all the people i know that have kids did the same thing but try to get info from the embassy.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2008
thanks evept .
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 11:12pm On Sep 16, 2008
people help.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Shinatu: 8:41am On Sep 17, 2008
I gathered that the new Nigerian e-passport does not allow one to insert children's names on it.
I did that on my old passport but was not allowed to do it on the new one.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2008
they sent me my passport last month is still the old Nigerian passport no epassport at the moment in germany , in the form i insert my baby name , when i receive the passport my baby name is not in the passport.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by ayomifull(f): 10:40am On Sep 17, 2008
Simple. Go to Nigerian embassy in Germany, pick up an application form for Nigerian visa, submit it with all the documents required (these are stated in d application form), submit it with the visa fee. Simple as that.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2008
ayomifull@ thanks
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Busybody2(f): 2:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
benincitys:

people help.

Why don't you follow Evept's advice since you do not have an e-passport yet?

I was on my way to the embassy to get a visa for my son and was already dreading paying £40, waiting four hours to hand in the form, and dreaded waiting a whole day to pick it up on the third day, when someone told me I could put him on my passport, pay nothing and pick it up within minutes, guess which one I chose? grin
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
busy_body@ i call the embassy today they told me she need visa  because she have a german passport.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Busybody2(f): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2008
I would go and visit them if I were you. What they say over the phone is always different from what is on their website as well as different from what they tell you when you see them.

If you don't have time to go and visit them, call them again and ask them in a different manner e.g ask them to verify if you still have to pay €20 for child endorsement on your old passport or if the fees has increased.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by seyibrown(f): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2008
It wasn't difficult having my baby's details endorsed on my passport at the High Commission in London.  Submit the required documents and you'll be able to collect your passport same day.

Fill in the form, take a passport photo, the fee and the baby's father's consent by way of  a letter(If applicable).

It doesn't matter that the baby has a german passport. This information is not required on any of the forms you need to fill in.

The info below is available on the high commission website:

[b]WE ARE PLEASED TO INFORM OUR CITIZENS THAT THE NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION, LONDON HAS STARTED ISSUING THE RECENTLY INTRODUCED ELECTRONIC BIOMETRIC PASSPORT.

THE WEBSITE ADDRESS THROUGH WHICH THE NEW PASSPORT CAN BE PROCESSED IS: http://www.immigration.gov.ng

HOWEVER, APPLICANTS MUST NOTE THAT THE OLD MACHINE READABLE PASSPORT (MRP) IS STILL VALID UNTIL 2010 AND IS STILL VALID FOR TRAVELLING UNTIL THAT YEAR. CHILDREN CAN NOW APPLY FOR THEIR PASSPORT SEPARATELY AS ENDORSEMENT OF CHILDREN ON MOTHER'S PASSPORT NO LONGER EXIST WITH THIS NEW INTRODUCTION.

APPLICANTS FOR REPLACEMENT OF LOST PASSPORT SHOULD SUMBIT EITHER OF THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH THEIR USUAL APPLICATION FORMS;
(i) PROOF OF INDEFINITE LEAVE/RESIDENT PERMITS; OR
(ii) PROOF OF VALID STUDENT VISAS; OR
(iii) GENUINE REQUEST BY HOME OFFICE FOR PASSPORT; AND

PLEASE NOTE THAT DECISION FOR APPLICANT WHO LOST THEIR PASSPORT TO APPLY FOR BIOMETRIC PASSPORT THROUGH NIGERIA IMMIGRATION SERVICE WILL BE MADE THEREAFTER BY THE INTERVIEWING OFFICER

AN ADMINISTRATION FEE OF ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100.00) ONLY PAYABLE AFTER A SUCESSFULL INTERVIEW BY POSTAL ORDER TO NIGERIA HIGH COMMISSION

PLEASE VISIT THE NIGERIA IMMIGRATION WEBSITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.

Head of Chancery [/b]
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by jacq(f): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2008
@benin-city are u travelling to naija with ur Germany passport /permit or naija pali ?

i just wanted to know if someone can enter naija with their green pali and check out with their coutry of residence passport when naija immgration asked for it,if it will be a problem ? anyone knows ?
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2008
jacq:

@benin-city are u travelling to naija with your Germany passport /permit or naija pali ?

i just wanted to know if someone can enter naija with their green pali and check out with their coutry of residence passport when naija immgration asked for it,if it will be a problem ? anyone knows ?
with my naija pali germany permit inside.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Stealthy(m): 9:55am On Sep 25, 2008
@poster, I thot Germany didnt allow dual citizenship? ie if u & ur child are German citizens, then u have to renounce ur Nigerian citizenship. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by benincitys(f): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2008
Stealthy:

@poster, I thot Germany didnt allow dual citizenship? ie if You & ur child are German citizens, then You have to renounce ur Nigerian citizenship. please correct me if I'm wrong.
yes is Truth germany dint  allow dual citizenship that why i don't need visa to go to Nigerian because i have my Nigerian passport  ,  no i am not German citizen is only my baby who is that  why i need visa for her because she have German passport.
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by Stealthy(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2008
Ok, in that case u're better off going to the embassy to apply then. Don't bother with the website - our civil servants in foreign missions don't bother with 21st century niceties like customer service & online services. Just go there & apply physically. If they try to give u stress, play the damsel-in-distress card. With a cute baby, u shd be able to get them bending over for u wink

Best of luck
Re: Applying For Nigerian Visa For My Baby by pomps: 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
Its simple,Since you are a Nigerian and your child is German, your child will automatically have Nigeria citizenship.(children by right in germany are allowed to take up the citizenship of both parent if they are different until 21 year)in this case duel citizenship until about 21 year when he/she has to decide which one to keep, or to keep both, in which ever case he has to make an application to that effect to the responsible office.
Still a wrong conception, as of 2008 Germany allows Duel Citizenship under specific conditions and even at that some of the regions in the German state has relaxed this these specific conditions of obtaining duel citizenship.

(1) (Reply)

My Visit To Idu Train Station, Abuja (pics) / Top 10 Important Road Safety Tips From FRSC / Aviation-Minister Blocks Foreign Airlines From Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.