Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

How do I make my Dog Mean? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How do I make my Dog Mean? (13040 Views)

He Is A Womaniser, Will He Make My Mother Happy? / How To Make My Baby Hair Soft / How To Make My Husband Addicted To Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:44am On Sep 16, 2008
A friend recently got himself two growing Alsatians- male and female about 5-8mths old. He is determined to make them mean and ferocious so they are kept in strict isolation. Initially they were kept separate but he felt this might hurt them emotionally and in turn affect their overall growth hence, reversal.

He has not heard anything that even mimics a bark and they notoriously court affection always. Useful tips on how to turn these wimps into effective security dogs are welcome. My friend is not a pet-keeping kind so a role change for them is not an option.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by timbabng(m): 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2008
. . . at that age what i will advise is that your friend should get a third dog that is already vicious as a playmate for those two he already has, even if it's a mongrel. They will gradually learn from the new dog
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by steaming(f): 11:08am On Sep 18, 2008
@ timba, WORD. They will learn from the new one
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2008
timba_bng:

. . . at that age what i will advise is that your friend should get a third dog that is already vicious as a playmate for those two he already has, even if it's a mongrel. They will gradually learn from the new dog

Thanks mate. Barking is coming on and it looks like the isolation thing is working. My friend got a gash from the male when he came too close.And no he doesnt want a third dog because feeding these creatures can take its toll on your finances. Infact he is considering castration for the male even though I suspect the real reason may be retribution. By the way, they are back in separation.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2008
steaming:

@ timba, WORD. They will learn from the new one

You love dogs too? Unfortunately not many ladies can tolerate them especially the mean variety.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by steaming(f): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2008
I llllllooooooovvvvveeeee dogs event tho i dont know so much about the dog famile but i love them
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:34am On Sep 18, 2008
But those must be pet dogs. I had a mixed breed alsatian-labrador. Very lovely beautiful pet I invested so much emotionally on. It had all the shots given by qualified reputable vets but died a short time latter. Very frustrating. Any particular kind you like?
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by SimiBrasil(f): 12:01pm On Sep 18, 2008
Pennywise

I think you are doing wrong. Is not good leave the dog in strict isolation, he might became over agressive and crazy, then he might bit you and people around the house in a particular moment.

If you want a bodyguard dog, you must TRAIN YOUR DOG

Dog Training Tips

Be Positive -- It is necessary to use positive reinforcement when you train your dog or puppy by offering some dog treats and a lot of praise if he performs something correctly. During the initial training sessions you can offer both verbal praise as well as treats. Remember, this is fun!

Firm and Friendly -- When you give commands such as heel and come, you want to use a happy, friendly voice. On the other hand, you will want a lower, firmer voice for sit, down, and stay.

Start Young…but not too early - The ideal time to start training begins at six to eight weeks, maybe even earlier depending on the puppy. But remember, it’s never too late to teach a dog a new trick.

Don’t Rub His Nose in It - Though it may be tempting to rub your dog’s nose in his accident or swat him with a rolled up newspaper. Punishing your dog is not really a desired form of dog training. The only thing this will do in the end is teach your dog a serious problem--to become afraid of you. Do you think your dog should come over as you call if he thinks you are simply going to whack him or stick his nose into the carpet?

Be Patient - Patience is key when you work with your dog or puppy. If you feel like you’re at the end of your leash before you’ve even started, don’t attempt to train your dog. Your dog is incredibly smart and will pick up on your emotions. Remember, this is fun!

Keep it Short - Fifteen minutes or so is about the right time for learning simple commands, so focus on a single command a session and end it on a positive note. If your dog or pup has successfully done the command several times in a row remember to lavish him with praise. After the dog training session, spend some time playing. He will associate time with you as positive and anticipate his training.

No Distractions - Try to pick a quiet spot free of distractions when training your dog to do tricks or commands. A secluded back yard or an inside room works best. If there are other pets in the family, put them up so they won’t interfere with training.

And Remember, This is Fun! - Dog training, of course, ought to be a pleasant time for you and Fido. The time can be used to bond closely with your dog and learn each other’s personalities. When you do this, you will not only have a well-trained dog or puppy, but a longtime, loyal companion and friend.

http://www.dogtraininghq.com/tips.html
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 12:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
I didnt say I have any wish to keep dog friend.

But i have no doubt people who so desire will find your post useful. Cheers.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Raimond(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2008
All these are long stories.All the dog needs is whiskey!,whiskey!!, and more whiskey!!!.Then you would have created a lion out of it grin
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by SimiBrasil(f): 12:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
Pennywise

The dog is suppossed be friendly with the his own and his family and protect the house against stranger.
If a robber want steal your house, and y have a dog in the door, he might choose another house to steal or he might give meat with poisonoss to kill the dog, that's why during the trainning y should teach him don't accept nothing from strangers.

Dog is like human being. Would you like to stay in a prision (isolate in some place and alone)? no, so why do you do it with the dog ?

A friend of mine had a dog that fear firelights , in his mind, for the dog lost his fear, thinking that he was helping the dog, he put the dog inside a small room and the oustide of the room and start/on/active a lot of firelights , whats happened ? the dog died of heart attack
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2008
Raimond,

welcome back from your el dorado. You shack security dog whiskey? If dem sleep off nko? thief man go carry them go sell for 45k each.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
SimiBrasil:

Pennywise

The dog is suppossed be friendly with the his own and his family and protect the house against stranger.
If a robber want steal your house, and y have a dog in the door, he might choose another house to steal or he might give meat with poisonoss to kill the dog, that's why during the trainning y should teach him don't accept nothing from strangers.
True word.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by timbabng(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2008
Pennywise:

Raimond,

welcome back from your el dorado. You shack security dog whiskey? If them sleep off nko? thief man go carry them go sell for 45k each.

. . . .that is funny grin grin grin grin
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by kiwi992(m): 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hey Sim,

I agree with you 100% on this one. 

I think the dogs should be given proper training and not isolated.  There's absolutely no need to breed dogs with the sole aim of making them vicious and dangerous.  Over here, you could end up in jail if your dangerous dog bites someone.

Maybe a Staffordshire Pit Bull Terrier, Japanese Tosa or a Rottweiler is what they need if they really wanted a vicious dog.

Why not just let them grow up?  They'll protect your home when they're older.

kiwi992.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by steaming(f): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2008
Hey Penny, now let me be real, i know next to nothing about dawgs, infact i am scared of dawgs cry BUT i loooovvvveee PUPPIES wink, cute ones at that but when grown, i no dey too send them
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by QBSauceKid: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2008
Hi
This is jst t say that y'all shld ignore kiwis post.he ws on d toilet at d time nd was fightin to stay in control of the situation.it was a truly epic battle.
I smelt it.
I felt it.
I saw it.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2008
kiwi992:

Over here, you could end up in jail if your dangerous dog bites someone.

In my house or in your house?
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Outstrip(f): 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2008
Even in your house Pennywise. If you raise a vicious dog and invite people over and the dog mauls a child, you could end up in jail. Your friend needs to pay someone to train his dogs to be guard dogs.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 11:17am On Sep 22, 2008
Outstrip:

Even in your house Pennywise. If you raise a vicious dog and invite people over and the dog mauls a child, you could end up in jail. Your friend needs to pay someone to train his dogs to be guard dogs.

Since my friend does not have to worry about a child jumping over an 8 foot fence with military spec barb wire in the middle of the night, I figure you do not have any suggestion relevant to discourse? Or do you?
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Gamine(f): 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2008
I dont think Vicious Dogs would be kept inside the house undecided

I love dogs and have always had them around grin. . .

The story is quite skewered now embarassed

Thanks Daddy, wait till i get my own place!! cry

Anyways, Alsatians dont make the best [i]Vicious Guard [/i]Dogs.

But I could make a few suggestions, Feed the dogs RAW meat,

Visit the Vet for boosters, Castrate the Male, Females are naturally more Vicious

esp after having pups.

Make sure the vet can be trusted.

Someone i know took His Prime Female Rott to His Vet, Who then sold her for N1M

and lied that the dog was stolen from his clinic.

omo, he vomited the dog when he came face to face with Soldiers.

Be Careful!
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by MrCrackles(m): 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2008
chop off itz tail!
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Outstrip(f): 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2008
Yes Pennywise. I do. I think you will make a good watch dog for your friend. Mannerless cow.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 5:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
Outstrip:

Yes Pennywise. I do. I think you will make a good watch dog for your friend. Mannerless cow.
This is a thread about dogs and bitches. Certainly not for dogs and bitches. grin
Gamine:

Anyways, Alsatians don't make the best [i]Vicious Guard [/i]Dogs.

But I could make a few suggestions, Feed the dogs RAW meat,

Visit the Vet for boosters, Castrate the Male, Females are naturally more Vicious

esp after having pups.

Make sure the vet can be trusted.
Gamine, I am loving you right now. I think he opted for alsatians because they can be quite big and intimidating in size unlike the other smaller barking machines. Raw meat oh yeahhh. Concerning Nigerian vets, God save dog owners from them. They will inject 'pure water' for vaccine and bill you like hell.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 5:31pm On Sep 22, 2008
Sometimes I wonder if the practice of veterinary is regulated in Nigeria. Who do you report to (apart from the police that is) when you have been conned? Anyway proving vaccine fraud in Nigeria is next to impossible. For now let them keep on enjoying free money.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Moyola(f): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2008
if u really wana make ur dog mean,

wteva food u give it, include bean

n ur dog, b.4 u knw it will b mean!!! tongue
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2008
I hear that makes the dropping watery and messy. It can only make the handler mean. Hardly the dog.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Gamine(f): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
lol

grin
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by iice(f): 5:31am On Sep 24, 2008
The keeping them indoors works.
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by MP007(m): 7:53am On Sep 24, 2008
put on it's tail, u self go fear for your life after a month
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by Pennywise(m): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2008
Oh that's great. But how does my friend put on a dog's tail? grin
Re: How do I make my Dog Mean? by MP007(m): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2008
i mean pull, grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? / What Is Your Earliest Memory? / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.