Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,267 members, 7,839,348 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Survival - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Survival (8852 Views)

4 Places To Test Your Survival Skills In Western Nigeria / German Naija, Survival Tips / Dana Air Passenger Plane Crashed In Alagbado, DG Confirms No Survival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Survival by Akolawole(m): 12:55am On Oct 03, 2008
@Ty4real
I dont need the help of TFL for anywhere in the East including your area(Grays,Rainham,Wickford etc) even up to Lakeside

@LondonCool

Of course i knew the strip carries information but it was not that pronounced as now. I remember when they introduce Oyster, it was with less info NOT MUCH NOISE. They "somehow" reduce the prices of tickets on oyster to compel people to have it.

## Of course i knew there's a difference between ADMINISTRATIVE REMOVAL and DEPORTATION.  Do they take thumbprint on both?

@All

Can we just post the questions to the appropriate thread please
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2008
Re: Survival by Desola(f): 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2008
please delete
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2008
Re: Survival by Desola(f): 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2008
Londoncool, please see below.

17 March - 1 Oct concession was a blanket one for all overstayers who voluntarily leave the country. However, there is an ongoing concession for those who apply in the family category. Basically, they shouldn't be affected by the ban.

“First, we will not automatically refuse applications from people applying to join their family permanently in the UK—that is to say, those applying for visas as a spouse, civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner under paragraphs 281 or 295A of the immigration rules; a fiancée or proposed civil partner, as set out in paragraph 290 of the rules; a parent, grandparent or other dependent relative, as set out in paragraph 317; a person exercising rights of access to a child, as set out in paragraph 246; or a spouse, civil partner or unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with humanitarian protection, as set out in paragraphs 352A, 352AA, 352FA and 352FD. Following some of the comments made by hon. Members this evening, I will of course check to see whether we have cast the scope of those exceptions correctly, but my initial analysis is that that is where the discretion should apply.

Secondly, we will not automatically refuse anyone who is under the age of 18 at the time of the breach of the immigration rules. My hon. Friend the Member for Islington, North spoke powerfully on this subject, as did the hon. Member for North Southwark and Bermondsey. That case has been well made.

The clarification that I want to make underlines comments that I have made to the Committee of my hon. Friend the Member for Hendon (Mr. Dismore) in the past that there should be a carve-out for victims of trafficking. We will put that into effect when we have ratified the Council of Europe’s convention on trafficking.”

26.17 - Refusal where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws (Paragraph 320(7b))

320(7B) DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL CATEGORIES/CASES. SEE CHAPTER 26.17.4 BELOW FOR A FULL LIST

26.17.4 When does rule 320(7B) not apply? [Updated 9 July 2008]

Under paragraph 320(7C) of the immigration rules, You must also not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if they are applying in the following categories:

Spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner (Paragraphs 281 or 295A);
Fiance(e), or proposed civil partner (Paragraph 290);
Parent, grandparent or other dependant relatvie (Paragraph 317);
Spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of a refugee or person with humanitarian protection (Paragraphs 352A, AA, FA. FD);
Those applying to exercise rights of access to a child (Paragraph 246);
They were under the age of 18 at the time of the most recent breach of the UK’s immigration laws.
As concessions outside the Rules, you should also not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

The applicant has been accepted by UKBA as a victim of trafficking (please read 26.17.6 below);
the applicant was in the UK illegally on or after 17 March 2008 (date of announcement) and left the UK voluntarily before 1 October 2008 (please read 26.17.5 below).
In addition you must not refuse an applicant under 320(7B) if:

false documents or false representations were used in a previous visa or leave to enter or remain application, and the applicant was not aware that the documents or representations were false (paragraph 26.17.5 below);
the applicant has raised human rights issues (in particular right to family life under Article cool which would justify issuing the entry clearance;
the applicant has raised exceptional and compelling circumstances which are likely to justify a grant of leave outside the rules, you need to refer the application to NCC2 following the usual HO Referrals process (Chapter 25) for a decision to be made outside of the immigration rules;
the period specified in 26.17.2 for automatically refusing applications has expired; or
following their breach of UK immigration laws, UKBA issued a visa or leave to enter or remain in the knowledge of that breach e.g. a student who has overstayed but was granted LTE following an out of time application.
Although 320(7B) may not apply, an ECO must still consider whether the applicant meets the “significantly contrived to frustrate” test and whether it is appropriate to refuse under 320(11) of the immigration rules. The ECO must also consider whether the applicant meets the requirements of the immigration rules for the category under which the applicant is applying and whether any other 320 rules apply.

26.17.5 The 17 March concession and establishing voluntary departure
The concession only applies to voluntary departures. It does not apply where the applicant was removed or deported from the UK.

Remember that making a decision to remove a person (Form IS 151B), or issuing a notice identifying him as an immigration offender (IS 151A part 2) does not in itself mean that the applicant has been removed from the country. It is perfectly possible for someone to leave the country voluntarily after a decision has been taken to remove him. You therefore need to be satisfied on the balance of probabilities that the applicant was actually removed before deciding that the concession does not apply to him.
Re: Survival by Desola(f): 12:49am On Oct 05, 2008
Lol, yes I think I saw you, Londoncool. Were you the guy who was shouting "he isn't a criminal!?" I saw you alright, cheesy

I have since sent you an e-mail to your yahoo account - did you get it?
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2008
Re: Survival by wegams: 11:23am On Oct 09, 2008
Desola, what are you quoting from pls? Where can i find the full document? This thing's giving me sleepless nights and every bit of information would quiet those fears. thanks
Re: Survival by Desola(f): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2008
Wegams,

It's all in the immigration rules on the UKBA website and the UKvisas website. See the link below.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter26/#point%20seventeen
Re: Survival by busybody20: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2008
Akolawole (m)  Re: Survival Guide For Nigerians In UK
« #86 on: October 01, 2008, 02:43 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@LC

You compact loads of information there, i will expantiate few of them. Cheers

Oyster Card-Audit Trail

Oyster card do have a computer strip that stores quite a lot of information. Information on it can be downloaded easily. It exposes one no be small. Here are 2 examples.

1) I was in Baker street station sometimes ago and intend to go to Brixton. As i touched the card, it gave an error message and i knew i have money on it. The officer just allow me to enter the underground believing that i do have money there, maybe because of my gentleman posture . On getting to Brixton, the card messed up again. Within a minute London Underground officer and 2 police officers(in mufti) approached me, collect the Card. The LO officer then downloaded the full history of transactions on the card. They knew i have money on the card but complained that why can't i sort out the problem in Baker street? I WAS SHOCKED THAT THEY KNEW WHERE I WAS COMING FROM They eventually left me. I was astounded that my card have loads of info like that.

I recently bought a digital tv from tesco and used my "clubcard to collect points". Barely 10minutes i got home at night (9:05pm), there was a knock at d door; Guess who? Tv licensing officer! I couldnt believe it,  d saving grace was that i hadnt displayed it in the living area. The following day i had to pay my tv license fees.

It later occurred to me they probably got my address from the clubcard,
Re: Survival by damiso(f): 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2008
Desola:

Wegams,

It's all in the immigration rules on the UKBA website and the UKvisas website. See the link below.
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/chapter26/#point%20seventeen

Thanks for the hint so no buying of Tv with any traceables.Although i continually tell my hubby that we would invariably have to pay it sometime or the other.i have even suggested paying with my money but no he insists that since we dont watch BBC its a rip off(pssssssssss pls dont tell him i jsut said so)But seriously me i dont like embarassment i think il just pay the thing without him knowing cos i hate screening visitors cos TV license.
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2008
Re: Survival by brownbonno(m): 9:21pm On Oct 10, 2008
LondonCool:

Note: Students are exempted from paying the TV licence.

Students are not exempted dude lipsrsealed

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/information/students.jsp
Re: Survival by X2X(m): 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2008
@LondonCool,

Sorry this is a bit offtopic, but does an "ordinary" share dealing account (e.g from Barclays Stockbrokers,
or H&B, etc) allow one purchase GDR's? I left a PM for you on NN.

Thanks
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 7:00pm On Oct 12, 2008
Re: Survival by Firefire(m): 7:14pm On Oct 12, 2008
@Londoncool,
I send you a mail pls kindly reply.
Thanks
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2008
Re: Survival by robby1(m): 4:11am On Oct 13, 2008
Yes make i contibute my own jor.

If you have just arrived, and maybe tried to reunite with your old frinds from naija (this is mainly for the guys), Be very careful around them, emmm. . . . . . . especially if they drive flashy cars.  cheesy.
Me i was almost dragged into what i didnt know. It usually goes like, "open a bank account. . . . . . money is paid into it. . . . . . .  you withdraw money . . . . . . . .  take your own share. . . . . . . .give us our share and deal is done".
I mean, one came with an Audi A6, and on another occasion, one came with a BMW convertible and my head was popping like pop corn because these were guys i knew from way back. Thank God for God oh. i would have been in hot egusi soup (from Squires)  cheesy if i had not smelt a rat.
You might even get offers of Drug dealing and stuff. i don't know. things happen. just settle down and be a good boy. . . . . . . . . . . well for the mean time  cheesy till u understand things. give ur self 6-8 months.  (and avoid too much chicken and chips.).
Be wise with money. One pound coin is not one naira coin (its actually 230/250 times more)  undecided. . . . . . . . . . . . and cook!!!!
Re: Survival by X2X(m): 6:02am On Oct 13, 2008
LondonCool:

The first step is to open a Stock Broking a/c. You can't buy anything from the LSE without one. . . . .

Many thanks!
Re: Survival by oyewolejos(m): 9:59am On Oct 13, 2008
attention londoncool,ako, funky,etc. please i have a problem.i applied for uk WHM and i was refused based on fake share certificate which i do not know was faked.i was refused on 2nd sept 2008 and i have since appeal against the decision.but i can hardly wait for the outcome of the appeal. pls i want o know how to apply for a review of the eco decision.though the document was fake but i did not know until i was refused. can i write to the ecm that i was not aware.and if the ecm refuse the review can i apply again without this controversial application affecting future applications. because i had that the 320(7a) will not affect people who application was refused before 1 oct 2008.is there any rule that will not affect me.though i was not banned.i sent an email to the embassy and they said i can reapply can i follow thier words.
Re: Survival by Akolawole(m): 3:20pm On Oct 13, 2008
r_o_b_b_y:

If you have just arrived, and maybe tried to reunite with your old friends from naija (this is mainly for the guys), Be very careful around them, emmm. . . . . . . especially if they drive flashy cars. cheesy.
Me i was almost dragged into what i didnt know. It usually goes like, "open a bank account. . . . . . money is paid into it. . . . . . . you withdraw money . . . . . . . . take your own share. . . . . . . .give us our share and deal is done".
I mean, one came with an Audi A6, and on another occasion, one came with a BMW convertible and my head was popping like pop corn because these were guys i knew from way back. Thank God for God oh. i would have been in hot egusi soup (from Squires) cheesy if i had not smelt a rat.
You might even get offers of Drug dealing and stuff. i don't know. things happen. just settle down and be a good boy. . . . . . . . . . . well for the mean time cheesy till u understand things. give ur self 6-8 months. (and avoid too much chicken and chips.).
Be wise with money. One pound coin is not one naira coin (its actually 230/250 times more) undecided. . . . . . . . . . . . and cook!!!!

God bless you(Amen)

It start with:

1) Do you have a spare bank account?

2) I want to pay some money into it.

3) Cheque will be lodge into it

4) Account holder will be asked to walk into the bank and collect it.

5) Part of the money given to the account holder.

6) And Account Holder start having wahala with police and bank.

Ummmh Naijas in UK, most expecially South-easterners. Thamesmead/Plumstead?Abbeywoodcry
Re: Survival by robby1(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2008
exactly. and that will be the beginning of the end of your stay in the UK
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2008
Re: Survival by robby1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2008
hmmm. londoncool, you really know a lot about uk immigration oh. lol
Re: Survival by Akolawole(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2008
r_o_b_b_y:

hmmm. londoncool, you really know a lot about uk immigration oh. lol

A PHD holder in UK Immigra for that matter shocked
Re: Survival by badabeat: 10:34pm On Oct 16, 2008
I am always amused by the posts of our sojourners;hard truth,realistic advice,call for change but avoidance of the real solution. Truth be told, a lot of people from Nigeria are not supposed to be immigrants (legal or illegal) and my take on travel is that its the rarest and most direct form of education. Education however has disillusioned Nigerians rather than free their minds. I manage an educational travel consulting firm and I always tell my students and those that care to listen that when you travel,let the focus be personal development and not just immigration cuz of the status quo. Educational and exchange visitors can learn a lot that will empower them to make a change that will affect their life,community and the country sooner or later.Imagine what we will have if all the great brains posting here and walking the immigration landline in the UK are back home and applying what they have learned and gained to make the desired change. However, our innate ability and questionable values of followership had put idiots as our rulers and confused technocrats as aspiring leaders.
Bottom line; lets think about the blood that flows in our veins, the heritage within where we were borne and let a giveback be done to guide the present crops of youth aright. Travel is education not desperation!
Re: Survival by Busybody2(f): 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2008
Weell said,

Now, do you want a lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Survival by LondonCool(m): 10:58am On Oct 17, 2008
grin
Re: Survival by badabeat: 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2008
@ Londoncool
I am not saying they must come back home to seek employment; I am sure I mentioned "personal development" which means they can come back and create jobs and help focus and mentor the young ones in the right direction.
Re: Survival by ceasyc(f): 12:24pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ londoncool
n whoever can answer this please

using IOM (international organisation for migration)
to voluntarily return home
as a failed asylum seeker who stayed in d uk for some
years illegally/after asylum refusal and

whereby IOM paid 4 everything (trip bk home) including
giving some money out to individuals to set up
a business in Nigeria/whichever country
can we apply to visit d uk or apply 4 a settlement visa
as someone who is marrying an EU citizen who is living in d uk?

or does d ban of 1, 5 or 10 years apply to such individuals?
how many years?
how do we go about d uk visit visa or marriage/settlement visa?
and wot r our chances?

urgent replies please
thx
Re: Survival by brownbonno(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2008
@ceasyc

IOM is not a UK organisation and is not included in the No recourse to public fund.(No recourse to public funds’ applies to a person who is subject to immigration control; does not have the right to work; and has no entitlement to welfare benefits, public housing or UKBA asylum support.)
Spouse settlement Visa and EEA family permit can be successful without negative reference to his/her past.Provided there is no criminal conviction during his stay in the UK.Visit Visa could be a problem.
Re: Survival by ceasyc(f): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2008
@brownbonno
thx!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Let's Boycott The UK Visa For One Month / Nigerian E Passport Microchips / The City Of Dar Es Salaam In Tanzania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.