Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,604 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29448 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2008
Q: r we portraying Nigerian culture, or a fictitious african tribe? need clarification pls.

@ all
know we r all busy with other interests, probably- but if this is going to work, 2 days is the max time limit to deliver on any output, i think.
its tight n inconvenient but it tests our drive n commitment. we have to sacrifice, people!

do we adopt that? (2 day policy on output)

@ tunslike/ neikid
why the hold up guys?
pls let us know ur issues if any.

@ maxani
kool. waiting,

@ A2J
wotsup? saw ur post- r u out of this project?

i am working on image planes for the priest, i assume its a go 'as is'. should upload later tonite or early tomorrow.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 9:18pm On Nov 18, 2008
@Boss!

Apologized for the little delay, men, its has not been that easy at all, excusing real time for this project, i also had some other jobs am handling and am trying not to allow any to suffer! grin

FYI, alongside my 3D Animation and Visual Designing WORLD, am also a System programmer and software developer cool n i have a job at hand, so apologies pls. wink

Back to Project, cheesy
find attached the sketch of d COUNCIL HUT, there's still a lot to be done, just the draft, need your approval and critics please, am trying to take time to get some 2D top orthographic sketch to models the villages , maybe doing that with Google sketch later.

The HUT will still need some props am yet to figure out, i hope it matched the sketch from Resichild, but the idea is, most extended enivrons will be done with high res pixs, we only need real models where we have CUs or character interaction with the trees.

I will be posting the Palace later this week hopefully and also be posting the textures i have in mind that will serve our purpose.

I couldn't paint other trees cuss my system is getting tired for d day shocked, so i used that to give an idea of what will be there.

that's all for now. grin cheesy

TODAY DON OVER shocked but men tunslike don tayaa ooo i don dey write JAVA Code since morning my head don scatter grin

men am out, peace OUT! cheesy grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2008
huts cool

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 9:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
more angle views grin

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2008
@Okx,
er, I don't think I have seen Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow" but lets start like these,

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2008
(, with less detail)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2008
@Tunslike
nice work. I Like the palm trees too.

@resichild
guess we're somewhere in the rainforest belt cos the plants should be true to type (in harmony with the ecosystem)
right?

I think the 2 day-output time okx sugested is worth aiming 4
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2008
@tunslike
wait a min! are those coconut trees?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 6:25am On Nov 19, 2008
@OKX
african culture, yes but still with the nigerian touch so it dosent get totally lost. I may be wrong but thats what i was building on. But then again that limits us, I'm thinking while writing, lets push on. The two day rule is worth trying but if that starts causing deadline problems, we would have to revisit it but for now, 2DAYS stand as output time.U back on those priest planes, hope no issues?

@tunslike
Sorry about u being inbetween jobs but i guess thats practically true for all of us. We understand but the only thing keeping this project afloat is sacrifice and thats what we all plan to give. On the council hut, GR8t work, u nailed it. I didnt get u clearly on all the other things u wrote about, wouldnt mind some kind of clarification. Other than that, u nailed it. Keep up the good work.

@maxani
nice tree, that definitely has to be in the movie, maybe as a dominant tree in the forest.U are correct about the location, its a rain foresty area. Anyway, u could give us about three more variants and then move to character sketches. Thats actually more pressing rite now. i move to adopt the tree but as usual, our2days scrutiny rule stands.Hope u got the mail i sent?

@neikid
Man wats updon't tell me we have to start looking to model another demigod.this is taking too long wit u?u need to drop that so that it goes into rigging and u can start modelling something else.Hope there isnt any major problem dude?if there is , hey!lets us know alrite?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2008
Hi all - Nice work so far and nice project concepts. Wish you well in your quest finally.

I'm not really deep into 3D yet so I'm not offering my services to join the team (For now sha). I just thought to try my hands on some 3d models in your project - just for practice purposes.

Here's one I did of the chief priest posted earlier

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2008
@kemjisuper
did u modeled the character in this pose, or u have rigged it?

but this baba ugly no be small, come we get some handsome priest in nigeria nowww grin

try make him smile small cheesy wink
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:45pm On Nov 19, 2008
@kemjisuper
2D photoshop extraordinaire. I hav to hand it to u dat ur art hits home. Ur attempt at 3D is also impressive though we wud be dealing with a more detailed xter tho u are welcomed to enter the team at this prelim stages(there's always work) cos it will get to a point where we wud not take entries again no matter the consequence. Thanx for hittin the thread tho wink

@tunslike
u are entering the priest, what of ur deadline.U still havent dropped what we want oh?i gat my eyes on u shocked but do hurry up.

@OKX
man, whats happening to those priest planes?

@maxani
so which are u on, the trees or xter sketches?

@neikid
Now, i obviously know there's sumthing wrong?wots up dude?? i will give u a call 2morrow.

@all
the references for the scenes' props. Pls pick by writin out the prop and its relative number so i would know what to model, forgive the many options, i just couldnt stop grin grin

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 11:53pm On Nov 19, 2008
@ resichild
yeah, got the mail. going thru d script now.
Tunslike said som'n bout using "high res. pix for the envir." pls, explain. I'll load more trees in 6 hrs.
I wanna be sure my art style is in line before full xter sketches, take a peek at these ,

@okx
wat's up man,where u at?

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 12:52am On Nov 20, 2008
hi guys
hit a busy spell, trying to stretch 24 hrs n it aint working well.
having probs uploading planes for the priest, will give anotha shot - as a last resort may send to the e-mail addy resichild provided( still havent gotten my password tho)

@ maxani
nice trees. like the first better, the second is a mite too swampy for me.
i like the form of the tree, was thinking of some gnarled old thing with no leaves. the trunk twisted into a grotesque form.
a slight modification of wot u have will fly- good job.

waiting on ur output on the xters.

tunslike was taking about using planes textured with hi res pics of the trees for the distant background/environment.
its a 3d technique for reducing the number of models needed in a scene by replacing them with 'pictures'.
it works for backdrops n objects distant from the camera

@kemji
theres always use/room for someone with talent- ud be suprised where u may fit in.
the only catch, tho, is the level of commitment required.
good job
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 6:32am On Nov 20, 2008
@Okx
alright, I'll the leaves off the tree. Gimme a sec,

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 6:59am On Nov 20, 2008
@okx and resichild
let me know if I need to send more tree

@y'all
I thot to check if facial profiles match before loading the whole sketch for xters.any comments so far?

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 7:03am On Nov 20, 2008
I mean more trees. sorry for the typos, guys

@resichild
there's a little something about the script, buddy. I'll send a mail latter.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2008
OKX:

@kemji
theres always use/room for someone with talent- ud be suprised where u may fit in.
the only catch, tho, is the level of commitment required.
good job

Many thanks man, I'm thrilled to be considered worthy of joining your team. But for the commitment issue, I'm not ready for that cos my job's way off computers and graphics - takes a huge bulk of my time too.

Tunslike:

@kemjisuper
did u modeled the character in this pose, or u have rigged it?

but this baba ugly no be small, come we get some handsome priest in nigeria nowww grin

try make him smile small cheesy wink

Modeled from scratch using Poser 4. Of course he's wugly cool - that's what the sketch suggested on the previous page abi? undecided
I personally prefer a handsome one but if he's to be evil then wugly's the way forward grin

resichild:

@kemjisuper
2D photoshop extraordinaire. I hav to hand it to u that ur art hits home. Ur attempt at 3D is also impressive though we would be dealing with a more detailed xter tho u are welcomed to enter the team at this prelim stages(there's always work) because it will get to a point where we would not take entries again no matter the consequence. Thanx for hittin the thread tho wink
grin grin

Thanks too. Yeah I'm deep into 2D, but I'm damn sure I'll make it big in 3D given the chance and encouragement. I'm also brushing up on my texture detailing - See the image of your possible Demigod below.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:34am On Nov 20, 2008
And here's an animation preview - just for the road! cool

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 9:23am On Nov 20, 2008
@ O boy, no be small thin ooo cheesy wink Kemjisuper Xtreme studio, mennnn, dem go die. grin grin grin

Guy, if i meet this guy for road wey dey walk like this, shocked o boy cheesy

Kemiii, keep it up ooo grin well done.

@All

Back to work, am posting my King's Palace before COB today, make me too try make my palace gate strong small. cheesy

@BOSS!
Reverting to day Sirs cool

tunslike cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:06pm On Nov 20, 2008
@tunslike
Okay dude, but u cant keep doing this. We are still hounding neikid about his own shortcomings so dont fall in behind him

@neikid
promise to call u tomorrow to find out whats wrong. i had a crazy workday, just try to get back to us alrite?

@OKX
still having problems with uploading?send them to me as u suggested.i'll upload them for u.My connection should be capable.

@maxani
the sketch for King temile is on the rite track, i like i stupid, greedy look. But the Akin sketch is off. Akin is to be more rugged than that sketch, u know like he's had his fair share of hardship, wars(being a warrior) etc Get the drift rite?

@all
On the weapons selection, whats being said, need suggestions so i can start modelling? undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2008
@resichild
spear: 4,5
sword:1,4,11
gourd:1,3
pots:1,4
stools:2,3

I asume the king is short and plumpy, right?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 4:15am On Nov 21, 2008
@maxani
yeah, i mean classic greedy bastard
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 6:01am On Nov 21, 2008
@resichld
check your mail, pls
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2008
@ All

find below the King's palace bamboo gate and fence for your approval, having problem uploadign the bamboo gate
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2008
@all
how come all ya are having uploading probs?is it the site or just ur internet connections?hmmmm! OR maybe u guys just developed a new delay tactic angry
I hope thats not d case but anyway we still waiting on tunslike, neikid and OKX. Maxani, i'll reply ur mail just be patient with me. i have read it but been crazy busy. How about the xter sketches?Also thanx for the weapons suggestions. Since two days has rolled by, i'll start with modelling those. Givin evryone else just one day more for input and then the weapons' issue is settled.

Nice weekend ya'all
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by damseremie(m): 1:59pm On Nov 22, 2008
Just felt it wont be right not 2 explain why i went AWOL on the project.
Through a series of Unfortunate events i ended up not having a computer to even work with.
Anyway am back if it's still ok with the team.
Also since one of my major strengths is vfx and post, if it sis decided that i dont do any work until that stage, it's also ok.
Sorry again guys
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
@ resichild
I couldnt find a befiting clothing on time, so I dressed him "down"

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2008
@maxani
the king is good, his form show his greed and all that but i would suggest that u make him mean looking. He seems too happy to be an evil king if u catch my drift. Also, for clothing we dont want too much flowing clothes and garments so animating wont be too much of a problem. Be creative, look at the demigod and priest, u will see that the pattern of dressing is few pieces of cloth. We are just trying to cut some crazy corners but im sure u'll understand. U could have just a wrap around the neck dat falls to the top of his breasts, the necklace and arm bands can stay then a simple wrap around his waist to fall to thee top of his calves and LOOSE THE FLUFFY SLIP-ONS grin grin. The guy can be bare feet.These are my opinions of course so u can modify that a little.
Also, concerning ur mail, i just sent a reply. Lets see ur magic work but gr8t going dude.u happen to be the only poster rite now.

@the rest of u guys
I'm giving ya'all a call tomorrow and u all had better have pretty good answers why u havnt delivered.

@damseremie
We all have our share of misfortune so i do sympathize wit u but this project remains strong because we have refused to let our COMMITMENT die and dats wots keeping us afloat so really we dont want stragglers or non-performers or money driven "professionals". We want solid, consistent and committed people and if u think u are all of the above then welcome aboard but if u leave again and thats a one way ticket out. And please, whose gonna let u off that easy till production stage, NAh!there's a lot of work to be done and soon as i check ur profile again, u'll definitely fit in somewhere.Welcome back

neikid,okx,tunslike?u guys still wit me?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2008
@damseremie
dude, i just checked and u use max. U are on modelling duty. When maxani finishes the king's sketch or OKX drops the priest sketches, u'll assume modelling one of them so for now, kip warming ur fingers. Also, u have to update ur profile details, ur phone number and email so i can send u the updated draft story.

@maxani
u need to send in ur fone number bro to complete ur profile details.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 11:35am On Nov 24, 2008
@Boss!

Apologies for late posting, as said early i had issues uploading cuss i was in ilonrin and i guess their connection wasn't that gud

well find attached the palace bamboo gate for your approval grin

@Maxani
Please can you help to sketch a top view of a village settings and a forest path, also a better view of the kings palace with the props?

@Resichild
are we adopting the trees sketches made by maxina and can i proceed work on them?

Tunslike is still working ooooo, posting some village hut later today,

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 11:43am On Nov 24, 2008
models

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

My Journey To Being A Professional / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / (PHOTOS) Amazing Photos Of 2015 By Ty-bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.