Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29446 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:33am On Nov 11, 2008
@Tunslike
No we dont want slackers so i'm sorry i'll have to say YES! grin Oh, u thot u were the slacker i was referring to? Nah!Welcome back and you are on modelling duty. Neikid is working on the demigod and is doing a beautiful job. I posted two pics of huts. Choose one, model it and create a small clearing and populate it with the normal vilage items like a cauldron, stack of wood. Just a few items so we get the feel. I was on that but now i can move to the creative section again cos we need more flesh for this KID to grow into a man, NO MORE ABSCONDING angry
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 11:02am On Nov 11, 2008
@ Resichild
Alright Boss! i will revert before close of business today. grin grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2008
@OKX
Saw u hitting the other threads for talents, nice one man.I'm supporting u full time
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2008
neikid in the building.
sorry for my short leave, this NYSC thing is stressing me out.
I WILL SOON FINISH SERVICE O! ANYONE WANNA OFFER NEIKID A JOB?? cool cool

@ resichild
really wasnt mad at you bro. guess u took my own attempt at humour as me takin it personal.
and by the way, i use C4d. didnt you guys read my "yes to project parole"?

@ okx
bro i see ure turning those sketches in. nice one.
but you are confusing me a little, isnt the demi god supposed to wear a robe? as in ROBE?
so whats with the "skirt"?
i think you should check the story draft for the character desciptions.
and who's modelling the priest, by the way?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2008
@neikid
Dont worry, jobs will come your way once u are done but if u abandon us, angry
Anyway, THE ROBE-SKIRT was adopted after. Thats why every thing is open to scrutiny and change if its okayed by the house, and this was so dont fret. U know, i read ur post again and NOW I GET IT!!!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 8:38am On Nov 13, 2008
@ neikid
pls kindly post the demigod model with the wireframes showing.
had asked for this 3 days earlier, wotsup?

also, no info update as to where u r work-wise. we need that info bro!
what do u mean, u need a job?- this is a job!!
look at the bigga picture, n think outta the box.

@ tunslike
whats with the huts bro?

@ all
this isnt an indefinite project. personally, i am squeezing out 'non-existent' time to function on it.
we have to appreciate deadlines and communication channels at least, or i will be unable to participate.

i think we have to set ground rules concerning this.
as the project advances and the level of inter-dependency increases, one mans delay can wreck the whole pipeline.
that, to me, is unacceptable.

if u take on a task and u cant deliver pronto, then post ur estimated delivery date from the onset n let the team decide if they can accomodate it.
n STICK TO ANY DEADLINES!!!

no animation is completely/perfectly done by its release date, theres always room 4 improvement and 'errors' the artists woulda loved to correct- but there is a greater commitment to time deadlines, so the picture is released anyways.
same here people! we have to tighten ship!

sorri to sound so steamed, but it really bugs me- n in project terms, this kinda sloppiness WILL kill the project!

will post concept art for the priest later today.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2008
Feeling u all the way cos i also put in sleepless nights, actually drowsy on my keyboard right now. Anyway, deadlines are deadlines, if u wont meet them, post the reason or text me so i can post it online, thats why we have contacts right?In case , the number is 08036395922.

Right now, as the characters are getting done i am getting a list of different objects that should populate each scenes. The list may not be comprehensive but its a start. I'll post them with reference pictures. Starting from Saturday( 2days from now)

@neikid
time is of the essence. Treat this like ur future depended on it
@OKX
Like and love ur commitment but u gotta keep the frustration levels low, ALRITE grin grin grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2008
no, not frustrated.
just a desire to see things done properly.

anyway, guys u get the point.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2008
Hi BOSS!

based on the reference sent, find attached the sketch model, reading the story again, i realized that we wont need much of village huts scene rather we will focus on forest scenes. so that has to do with trees and forest that i think is much easier.

The attached model was done by one of my apprentice so i will be working on the full village scene over the weekend.

Secondly, ve we gotten any screenplay yet cuss i think that will help focus more on what is necessary and wht's not, if we haven't gotten one, i think i can come up with one (i think am gud in screen writing) that i will use to model the environment using the screenplay

I believe we wont have much challenges with the environments, cuss there can be more simulation with 2D Plate and i think ve got the right tools for the environ that can be use. so in area of texturing the envi, i ve got some high res ground, stones, grass, forest textures with their bumps map that i will use.

so i will work over the weekend and revert by monday. if there is any screenplay, please post it to me or i will post mine to you guys for approval.

see u on top! cool wink cheesy
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 6:25pm On Nov 13, 2008
models

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 6:30pm On Nov 13, 2008
models

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2008
having probs attaching the priest pix. will keep trying tho
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2008
@OKX
Righto!got ya. No problem with the priest thing. Just keep trying

@Tunslike
The hut is okay and ur app did a good job though i hope the texture will make it stand out more realistically. That aside, the environs like u said are basically the cave and the forests so yes concentrate on thcse but the reason we need a village scene is if u recall we are goin to recap past events in flashes which would be rendered stills of our village scene. Remember the palace and all
Concerning the script, u can do it and post it to our EMAILS for scrutiny but that should not disturb your deadline on the forest environs because thats more important. Keep your modelling to the least amount of polygons you can so we dont have heavy files and too much for processing during rendering. Thanx for already having the forest resources, that saves us a lot, tho we still have to see them but thats for later

@neikid
Dude, we need to see the demigod model and the wiremesh so we can assess. Whats keeping u?hope no problem
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 4:43am On Nov 14, 2008
having probs saving pics as wire frame, any tips?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:03am On Nov 14, 2008
@ NEIKID
is the problem getting the wireframes to show in ur scene, or rendering and getting the wireframes to show?

u can capture the image from ur scene using an app like corel capture, or alternatively- save the model as an -obj file n mail/post it to me/here.
i will upload the wireframe version. my cinema4d is quite rusty. Maya RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ tunslike
good work on the huts. we still need concept art for the palace, and a few more variations on the huts.
like resichild pointed out, we will assess the textures u have to confirm whether it fits our style. u know our models arent very realistic, so everything has to match.
good going bro!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:10am On Nov 14, 2008
@neikid
U could also search cos plugins do that in 3ds max, dont know much about C4D. Anyway, keep trying tho sending it to OKX mite be your best bet for now since speed is of the essence.
@OKX
What MAX RULES!hehehe!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2008
Alright BOSS!

I will post them soon,

@All
who can help with the palace sketches, so that i can model that quickly and have it finalized.

@Neikid
Well i dont know much about Cinema 4D, but u aint need much tech explaination to get the wireframe, basically All 3D app can display both shaded and wireframe view, so activate ur model to wireframe view and press (Ctrl + Alt + Print Screen ) buttons on ur keyboard to print screen open Photoshop/coreldraw or and graphics app, go to edit and paste. then save out as JPEG and post. i think that helps.

well lastly cheesy grin MAYA Rulessssssssssss grin cheesy wink wink

tunslike cool peace in grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 3:56pm On Nov 14, 2008
attached is the priest concept art.
just to gauge the feel. the colors arent final.
if this passes, i can post the image planes.

@ neikid
still need to know the status with the demigod.

@ tunslike
will cook up something on the palace, but u still got ya hands full on the huts n other props.
we need to see posts of what u have so far.
all the objects in our world have to be distinctly our creation- same goes for the trees, plants, rocks etc.
they all have to fit our art style.

i think it will also be a good idea to also post the raw files of our actual output to a secure e-mail addy to facilitate the work process.
i, for example would have posted the wireframe of the demigod if i had the files.
wot say we?

good job guys.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 3:59pm On Nov 14, 2008
oops. sorry. wrong pic!
lol

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2008
@neikid
don't bother that we are all haggling you, just bother that u need to post the demigod final

@OKX
nice piece of art. Of course color is not final but the sketch is lovely. I have no problem with it, and i say its a go because it fits my description. But ae usual, two days rule for opinions. Therefore by monday, we are either accepting it or rejecting. My vote is a YES. Nice work bro. Secondly, i remember telling u guys i created an email for this project called nl_project@yahoo.com (i.e nl underscore project) specifically for storing our files. I will mail u all the password and by all i mean Tunslike, neikid, OKX. I will change it before mailing because the other guys have the password too but they are no longer with us.

@tunslike
ok. u are taking on a lot gut i will deliver a sketch of the palace weekend so u can also do that but remember, ur priority is the forest.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2008
@resichild @OKX
HI guys, I'm here. wow! there's a lot of activities here already. Am I late?

YES to Project
blog name: maxani
Skill: Conceptualisation(7), Xter design(5), 2d Animation, Voiceover(7), Music score(7), Post produciton(7)
Software: corelDRAW, corelRAVE, digiCel Flipbook, some FLASH, Adobe premier.
e-mail: jonnitax@yahoo.com
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2008
@ya'll
nice work, looking good
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2008
@ maxani
welcome aboard mate!
nah. ure not late, in fact ur just in time to dive right in.

uve read the thread so far, i assume, so u know all about our commitment n drive.
if u slack, ure cut!

resichild, who spearheads this, will probl'y bring u up to speed on where we r @.
but til he does, a quick summary is that, we r currently developing the xters for the story n modeling them.

we have the demigod model n a proposed priest.
resichild will forward the full cast/ character sheet to u, so u can work on concept art for the others as inspired.

@ neikid
tunslike nailed it. any otha probs?

@ tunslike
well said. MAYA 4 LIFE! lol

guys this weekend is about work- we better have major output by monday!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2008
my laptop battery is acting up, plus the electricity here has suddenly become dysfunctional.
heres what will happen,
by monday i'll try to post two finals of the demigod. one according to the sketch, then the other is a freestyle by me.
also hope to have solved the wireframe prblem by then.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:18am On Nov 17, 2008
@maxani
Welcome dude. OKX has already done justice and its as simple as he says.
U slack, we cut you off.
Deadlines are to be adhered to.
Decisions on anything posted is in a two day span after which the concept is adopted.
Finalized works are to be mailed to nl_project@yahoo.com.

I have mailed you the team members list and the password to the nl_project email for complete access. Also, i hav sent u the updated draft for the story and xter description so u can start dropping ur concepts. So far, neikid's modelling the demigod xter and OKX just dropped the priest concept which by the way has been given the go ahead for modelling(2days rule). From the xters OKX has dropped, u should pick up the art style which we are going for and if u hit any problems, we are here. Anyway, let me point out here that since u&OKX are our 2D guys for now, ur job's gonna be quite hectic cos we r in conceptualisation stage but it will thin out eventually.Basically thats it. Once again welcome cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:25am On Nov 17, 2008
@neikid
No worries dude but try as much as possible alrite.

@Tunslike
I just sketched out the king's hut and a plan/top view of what the palace should look like. It shouldnt take u so much time to do it. The council hut was also sketched. Environment is ur baby so i didnt go sketching trees and all, so have fun grin

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 1:35am On Nov 17, 2008
@all
Sorry about the large pics.
i just mailed the updated teamlist round to u guys. Also i promised a list of props and reference pics but heck, i just decided to model them.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 9:04am On Nov 17, 2008
@BOSS!

Got the sketches, many thanks, i got the idea, reverting later today.

Great day GUYS cool cheesy
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 9:10am On Nov 17, 2008
@ resichild
nice going with the palace thing.
on the others, the rule is u post ya ref pix b4 u model- no xceptions pal.

if that falls apart, u will lose control of ur art style n u end up with an unfocused workforce, not to mention duplicate work.

i bet we all have input(s) to make at the concept art level.
i am thinking, (just my thots, mind) that we create very distinct items for our world. everything from the knives, swords to foliage will be our distinct creation/style- for instance, interestingly curved blades with grotesque handles for the weapons. u know the kinda creative stuff that gets attention.

do a search of different african weapons and develop something that fits our style.
theres something of the massai in our xters, and a bit of the egyptian influence- lets ties it all in.
u get?

@ all
no one else commented/critiqued the priest concept! what zat mean?

gamine, where u @?
observers? critics?
we need feedback here pls!

will proceed with image planes by the close of biz today if no amendments.

@ maxani
looking forward to output from u.
u can start with concept art for trees, i am thinking of a unique tree around which the village meetings hold.
something with presence, rememba the tree from Tim Burtons 'Sleepy Hollow'.

@ neikid
todays the day bro.

@ tunslike
good work. waiting!

good going people.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 8:41pm On Nov 17, 2008
@Boss

pls little time, reverting tomorrow.

Thanks
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 6:41am On Nov 18, 2008
@Okx

Alright, one wierd tree coming up,
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2008
@OKX
Okay, dude.i actually did dat cos the references were just sketches and posting them, anyway got ya. But we still shouldnt stray too far from the nigerian culture cos then we would be deemed mixed up if we actually get to the international scene. I'm actually at home today,came down with some freaky fever. I'll try to do some research on the weapons but the other props like the pots and all that stay rite?
@all
my bad guys, wont happen again, just thot i shud get that outta the way.

@maxani
i'm actually waiting to see u work ur magic, cheesy

@tunslike
told u not to take on too much. Anyway, u got ur one day

@neikid
2day IS the day man. We wud like to see ur stuff.

NICE GOING PEOPLE AND I REALLY MUST SAY WE WILL GET THERE. cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

My Journey To Being A Professional / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.