Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29449 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2008
@kemjisuper
Not that i dont marvel at your transition and progress in 3D but this happens to be a (serious)project and i would really appreciate it if your posts where cmments or other ways to help us. People might hit the thread and think that ur post is our standard or output quality. I'm sure u get my drift. Thanx for understanding.

@others
Whats crew?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 2:20pm On Dec 02, 2008
@Resichild
Like your other subordinates would say "Sorry Boss" undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by osasp(m): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2008
@ all
-have yall got any sources where i can get free maya tutorials
i feel wasted when i come here and see all this great stuff and cant do anything even though i got the software

plz peeps i really wana learn
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2008
@kemjisuper
Pls dude no hard feelings at all and i dinna mean to upset u but u must understand where i am coming from. U know its not biff cos i love ur 2D skillz. We are one in the struggle

@crew
wats up with u all?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 12:10am On Dec 03, 2008
@resichild, You don't have to apologise that hard. Kemjisuper has already gotten where you are coming from. What is the status with the project? What role do Kemjisuper and i have in this project? We are not active but would like to see what is going on.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2008
@ neikid
good work. a few slight amendments tho.

our average xter is 7 heads high, the xter u modeled is a whopping 9+
unless we are going for a gigantic demigod, i suggest a slight reduction to, say, 8 heads( tho thats a little more than the 6foot height stipulated in our character profile)- see attached guidelines in the pix.

also, could the xter adopt a T-stance?
most software favor that pose for animating. at least mine do.
good job man, also, wots the overall poly count?

@ maxani
good job with the tree sketches. pls feel free to post ur recommended amendments on the king- they r good ideas.

@ all
my participation may be a bit erratic for a bit, have a prior project and we are having a series of review meetings this week n next.
will work on this one, every free window i can create.

@ resichild
u tha man! keep the gears turning.
we are testing the conceptualisation/modeling process and it seem to be working, albeit slowly.
we need to test the animation/texturing/rendering process real soon, to know the potential issues we will face- my thots

@ osasp
what level tutorials do u seek? beginner, intermediate or advanced?

@ kemjisuper sojioguns
u could actually channel ur creativity to good use for the project. resichild can give u a rundown of areas we still need help and u can 'play' around in those areas. u may just come up with something awesome we can use both 2D, 3D or even just ideas. wot say ye?

we are open to constructive ideas/criticism, people.

good going everyone.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Johnafa: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2008
WOW!!!!!!!!! Guyz I am so impressed by u. I am not much of a graphics guy but recichild, Bigups. LET NO ONE KILL DIS DREAM MAN. and to all of you who would subscribe to it, I bet you are giving birth to something in the upward trend.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2008
i'm an elect engineer, tho i do conceptual layouts for my employers among other things

drawn in sketchup, rendered in kerykthea

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2008
@oyb, This is a project-specific thread. If it is not related to **** (What's the name of the short film sef?) DO NOT POST IT HERE!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 03, 2008
er . . .would you have preferred it if i uploaded a walkthrough video instead of screenshots ? anyway no vex smiley
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 3:48pm On Dec 03, 2008
shocked shocked shocked angry angry embarassed embarassed Resichild, Okx, Maxina, neikid , what is going on in this THREAD!!! angry angry

am totally lost, i need to reconfirmed if am still on the same project thread,

na wa oooo embarassed
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
ol boyy, see analysis shocked shocked shocked

@ okx
i got love for u man.
always like reading ur posts.
i tot the head was rather small @ first, then i figured the Dgod should luk like d@,
y'know to seem a little less human,

about the t-stance, my bad, tot it wuldnt make much of a diff.
so if y'all r cool with my reason for the head/body i'll just giv him d T-stance cheesy cheesy
otherwise i'll just redo the whole thing. hope he's not too skiny sha wink wink
hit me back so i'll know what to do o grin grin cheesy wink
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by osasp(m): 11:40pm On Dec 03, 2008
OKX:

@ neikid
good work. a few slight amendments tho.

our average xter is 7 heads high, the xter u modeled is a whopping 9+
unless we are going for a gigantic demigod, i suggest a slight reduction to, say, 8 heads( tho thats a little more than the 6foot height stipulated in our character profile)- see attached guidelines in the pix.

also, could the xter adopt a T-stance?
most software favor that pose for animating. at least mine do.
good job man, also, wots the overall poly count?

@ maxani
good job with the tree sketches. please feel free to post ur recommended amendments on the king- they r good ideas.

@ all
my participation may be a bit erratic for a bit, have a prior project and we are having a series of review meetings this week n next.
will work on this one, every free window i can create.

@ resichild
u tha man! keep the gears turning.
we are testing the conceptualisation/modeling process and it seem to be working, albeit slowly.
we need to test the animation/texturing/rendering process real soon, to know the potential issues we will face- my Thoughts

@ osasp
what level tutorials do u seek? beginner, intermediate or advanced?

@ kemjisuper sojioguns
u could actually channel ur creativity to good use for the project. resichild can give u a rundown of areas we still need help and u can 'play' around in those areas. u may just come up with something awesome we can use both 2D, 3D or even just ideas. wot say ye?

we are open to constructive ideas/criticism, people.

good going everyone.
mehn bros thnx 4 replying in the first place.
i want to be really good with it but at the moment i don't know jack
so i should be at beginner level
I'm good with 2d stuff doe(if that makes any difference)
i can post some of my stuff if u like
id like 2 help anyway i can
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 12:13am On Dec 04, 2008
@Tunslike
Even i wonder how some odd guys just miss road and land on the wrong island.

@neikid
why do u think OKX is called OK-baba!His analysis is top notch and it shows his experience. I agree with him and say u should make the demigod 8heads.It shouldnt cost ya too much. The stance will not really affect 3D max software though it will just require vertex weighting at the shoulders and armpits. Well, do the T-stance and lets adopt that strategy from here on. CHARACTERS ARE TO BE MODELLED IN CLASSIC T-STANCE. Nice going neikid

@OKX
God had a reason for me putting u on this team yeah.Good analysis and thats why i paired u up with maxani for the characters' art. Keep up the good work and what about the King?Hope u and maxani are on track? and thanx for the big-ups, i'll do my best. Cant let this die.

@maxani
Bro, whats up with you?havent grabbed a post from u yet so i'm wondering why the delay?Fill us in cos Tunslike trapped on spot if u dont come up with them sketches. Also, u and OKX got characters' creation duty so, ?

@dams
So dude?how'z your own end coming?

@sojioguns
Tnx for the thumbs up and support but i remember offering u a spot early into this whole thing but u turned it down cos then we seemed like jokers to most people. Well the fact is if u and kemjisuper want in its very simple, u have to post ur details and ratings like we all did. That way we can assess and also assign tasks to u. That also qualifies u to be a half member, what makes u a full-member is ur commitment and amount of work done. U can see whats been going on so u know we hav a lot to do. We definitely will welcome u with open arms but rules are rules. Thats what been keeping us going. A sample of the format is on page 2 of this thread. Hope to see u guys

@kemjisuper
Dude, if u join we are going to need ur mad skills for texturing, 2D backdrops, stills, coloring xters etc. What say ye?

@jemit
Back huh?yeah rite

@all
Our recognition is climbing and so also should our will to se this thing thru to completion. Its not just about Resichild's project anymore. We have transcended that phase and now i want to believe we all know that we have a stake in this thing. IT MUST NOT DIE ! nice going guys wink grin cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 12:19am On Dec 04, 2008
@resichild, I still don't want in as a full member because of my availability but would like to see WIP if possible so I can contribute.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:57am On Dec 04, 2008
@sojioguns
If i decide to let u in on our behind the scenes WIP then what do u think the team is gonna do to me? Members only and not just by joining, its by being active before everything becomes available to you. Thats how it has to be cos this is an online thing. Dont want our stuff hitting off elsewhere. Sorry but u gotta understand. Tnx
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2008
resichild:

@kemjisuper
Dude, if u join we are going to need ur mad skills for texturing, 2D backdrops, stills, coloring xters etc. What say ye?

Like Sojioguns said similarly, availability issues are my restrictions for joining as a full member. I don't think we're looking for full access too.

No qualms. I actually took a liking to the 3D character modeling for the demigod and priest. I could pitch in some samples, textures, whatever to contribute my 2 cents to the project. It'll be nice to see even a hint of my contribution in the Finished Project! Glad to just tag along - no strict deadlines or big responsibilities. But I'm in!

Cheers cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2008
@kemjisuper
Hm!free labour and professional skills??HMMMM!i guess no one could say no to that but here is the thing-if u dont also heed restrictions or deadlines then u could slow us down if we were waiting on u to output something. That said, like OKX said a long time ago, there's always a way to bend the system to fit the system (whateva that means and i dont think he said it like that ) Well, we wouldnt mind samples and whatever u can do with the priest. U could start with altering the xters costumes and colors to match the flow of what u hav seen since. Also if u can develop texture samples for grasses, trees, sand, rocks, stony paths, mud, bamboo, etc name it, we need. Not rushing u tho but if u can, that will up our visuals on both the project and the thread. Tnx for joining partially

@sojioguns
I really dont know what u are into so u would hav to specify,
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by sojioguns(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2008
I really am not available for very active work on the project (core texturing, modelling and animation). I would just like to contribute to the project from an overview.
As for what I do, I am a man of many jobs (from computer hardware to producing and directing) but as regards the project, I am willing to ensure all goes well.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 8:48am On Dec 05, 2008
@sojioguns
thats quite thin to go on but anyway we'll get around to when u come in then. Thanx for the vote of confidence

@crew
did u all hit a low or something?

@neikid
I wud hav loved the model of the demigod done so i can do the rigging over the holidays cos it takes time.
@tunslike&maxani
guys whats up with my environs?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Kemjisuper(m): 9:37am On Dec 05, 2008
@resichild
Since no one has done a 3d model for the priest yet, I'll try working on something from the sketch posted earlier. Short, fat, semi indian costume abi? Lemme see what I can do.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OmniPotens(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2008
Kemjisuper, page 10 here and ripe enough for 11. What do you think? I hope you now understand better what I mean.

@posters
Keep it up with 3D.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2008
@ tunslike
cool it, man. I was away from my workstation for a while. besides, there seems to be a little communication prob. here I can't seem to follow your request for the palace. once the props are in place(trees, pots and all) u can switch camera angles to view from top. Otherwise, I'll assume you need the planes for modeling the huts,right?
pls, feel free to give the details of what you want. I'll respond in a couple of hours. keep up the good work.

@resichild
thot u said Okx's sketch for the king was good. Clearify, pls, so we don't duplicate and burn resources at both ends?
all the same, let me know if these faces are on que.

@okx
tnx, buddy. I figure you must be on some modeling or testing phase. I'l ship in a few more sketches of more characters like resi. requested. keep an eye on the art style so I can adjust as needed.

@y'all
Nice going.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by maxani: 9:45pm On Dec 05, 2008
@tunslike
see what I mean?

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by yehmi01(m): 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2008
Well I just came across this and i have been a 3d artist for 4-5 yrs.
I really think its possible but u guys have to think of this VERY VERY Well.
Its So possible but Here in Nija The challenges are just to many 'But Not Impossible' , NEPA is ONE. to start with.
I have been doing 3d and i thank God So Far. But Plz let me Know If Any tin comes Up. grin grin grin

(yems002@yahoo.com)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by yehmi01(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2008
OYB

I saw your works. I am also in elect/elect Eng Too and i have also done major works like that but men
Your rendering can be a LOT Better Also you texturing too can also be better. I have never heard of the name of the render you use.

Plz mail me (yems002@yahoo.com) Let me mail you some stuffs to see what am talking about.

Not to dis u in any way Bro But really am of a good intention

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:25am On Dec 06, 2008
i s'pose this is the price one pays 4 working in a public forum.

guys, theres a 2D/3D gallery for posting ur work. this is a project-specific thread.

@ yehmi
i s'pose u mean well, so i'll curb my natural impulse for an acid response.
pls read the posts from the beginning, it will inform u.
dont go dishing 'advice' from an un-informed position- its kinda insulting to all of us.

if u have skills to bring to the table, then u're 'conditionally' welcome- otherwise the bulk of ur post is really unnecessary. (at least to me)
but like i said, u prolly mean well- so thanx, i guess.

@ team
uploading priest planes/more xter concept art later today.

@ resichild
ur detail is to modify n repost the kings face- as suggested.
good work.
i think tho, that good practice for u would be to create a detailed image plane of the face.
u tend to be minimal on the lines, its kool, but it leaves out details that make it a tad difficult to assess effectively the precise structure of the model.
dig?

@ neikid
u good?
demigod?
well done man.

@ kemji
while ur good intentions r noted, order, structure n discipline are essential to the success of this project.
if u intend to help, pls wait 4 instructions on the specific areas we need help- and the priest is not the short, fat, semi indian chap- thats the king, and he's still morphing.

we need textures, and village tribal art created for now. u know, the whorls, rings and abstract art painted on walls, carved in wood etc. thats kinda important now.
u interested?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by yehmi01(m): 12:03am On Dec 07, 2008
@ OKX

Really i waz just going through the web when i came across Nairaland and really don't know much like that, I thought it was just like other
forums where u get to post and others,
Well I had good intentions from the start but may be i did not really get the MSG.
I did not upload to show off any thing just trying to contribute.
If I have any +ve Contribution I will let u guys know. grin
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 11:44pm On Dec 07, 2008
@ yehmi
kool. clarification noted!
also welcome any positive contributions.

@ team
a bit tuff uploading the sketches.
will retry later today.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by eat2live: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2008
Nigeria Graphic artists in one place! Excellent. We can definately be of use to each other. Keep up the excellent work.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 10:46am On Dec 09, 2008
What the hell is happening in this space angry angry angry
@all these lost souls
First off people please read before u friggin post ur stuff here.Geez!This is not a show off thread nor is it for technical artwork or any other stuff. This is a PROJECT SPECIFIC thread (echoing OKX again). Ur stuff being here totally messes up our flow of work and also confuses our readers/critics.Pls look for another thread or start yours. Feel free to air ur views about OUR project here not yours. THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT.

@yehmi01
Let me just say it was stroke of luck that i wasnt the one that replied u because sorry to say, I would have been really harsh but OKX handled it well. U almost dug up issues we buried in the past that would have made this project sink. Next time, pls read the thread u are posting in to know what its about and what has gone down.Tnx for listening

@oyb
Nice, still needs work but pls post in some other related section not here. Tnx dude for listening

@all other would be stragglers
Pls, lets be orderly.Its either u are posting ur comments on OUR project, or u want to join in, or just view.Pls dont post ur stuff here, I am pleading. Thanx
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2008
@my crew
Sorry guys for exing for this long. Starcomms cut me off and flagged me as spam.I am still trying to rectify the problem so i'm actually at a cafe now. First off, HAPPY SALLAH to all our muslim brothas. Now, back to work

@maxani
For the king's faces, i personally like the 2nd one. I think u should build the xter around that one. Gr8t going with the compound sketch. I am sure Tunslike has no excuse for delay now grin.

@Tunslike
U got ur sketch bro, so lets see the work. Meanwile don't bother about the props. I will post them now for clarification. But do the landscaping. How about the fence corrections? I know u got a lot on ur plate but remember u hav to deliver.Gr8t work tho, i know its not easy

@neikid
Bro whats up wit our demigod?He debuted and has gone back into hiding? I wanted the model in .obj or .3ds file format so i could do the rigging and test animation this salah-holiday. Whats holding ya?let us know ur progress alrite! wink

@okx
Dude u really handled stuff while i was AWOL, thanx. Whats up wit the priest planes? Only the head has been posted and damsemerie was requesting the full body work. Also, the king has been okayed except for the face changes so u and maxani could try to come up with that. Gr8t going sha!i picked one hell of a Second-in -command.

@all
Nice work pips but our speed has gone down to like 2%. grin Hope we will try to pick up the speed after the rest.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

My Journey To Being A Professional / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography... / (PHOTOS) Amazing Photos Of 2015 By Ty-bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.