Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years (1441 Views)

My True Life Story On Finding An 11-Year-Old Lost Child - Chocolateme (Pics) / Help A Nairalander, She's Breastfeeding A 4months Baby, Now She's Pregnant. / Something You Saw As A Child, That No One Saw Or Believes You Till This Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by pcb: 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
How can you locate your long lost child whom you have never seen since the child was one year nine months and now over twenty years and leaving with her father who has cut contacts with you?
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by SimiBrasil(f): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
Have you abandoned your child and now y want he back ?
Have y already tried mother's address ?
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Laurnetta(f): 12:36pm On Sep 18, 2008
Totally depends on the situation of things. Are you asking as the mother or the father?
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by pcb: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2008
Am asking as a mother who has tried to locate the father of my child for a long time. I did not abandon them, we could not marry and i went to college and left the child with his mother. After college i went to collect the child but i was told she was taken somewhere very far. I am in another country. i got married and my husband could not condon my desire to follow the child coz he thought we would resume the relationship.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by SimiBrasil(f): 1:58pm On Sep 18, 2008
When this kind of think happen here, we locate throught the complete name and documents numbers, do you have his identity card or passaport number , pictures ?

It is police issue.

Y were suppossed report the fact when you were to collect your child and he was not there.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Sisikill: 2:12pm On Sep 18, 2008
Awww, I hope you find your child, which country are you? I don't know how it works in Nigeria. . . I mean I doubt they have paper trials or anything like that. Other countries, you can track your child's grandmother via govt paperwork and such.

That was such a nice and brave thing you did for your husband, giving up looking for your own child to pacify his insecurity. I don't know many women who will do that. I hope he appreciates it.

Anyway, good luck with your search.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by spikedcylinder: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2008
pcb:

Am asking as a mother who has tried to locate the father of my child for a long time. I did not abandon them, we could not marry and i went to college and left the child with his mother. After college i went to collect the child but i was told she was taken somewhere very far. I am in another country. i got married and my husband could not condon my desire to follow the child because he thought we would resume the relationship.

Huh?
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Sisikill: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Huh?

Whispering

She means the baby daddy mama.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Akinagirl(f): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
I think she means with her ex mother. By the way, your husband should really appreciate you. I hope you find your child as soon as possible. Do you have anything at all any documents that can lead to where your child may be?
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Sisikill: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
Please I want to make it very clear that when I said I hope her husband appreciates her, I was being FACETIOUS because I honestly think throwing your child under the bus for any man. . . anybody for that matter is beyond insanity!!

One insecure man. . . I shouldn't even call him a man, one insecure thing tells you not to look for your own child because he fears you will resume an affair with your former lover, you shrug and say "okay". Lord have mercy on me! I can't even laugh!

Mommy, please tell me, which one did you put more thot into. . . discarding a used tissue or your child? I'll go with the tissue. Yep, the used tissue is not a threat to your husband's manhood, so I'm sure you weighed it very well before discarding it.

Yes oh, now I really believe it. . . . women don't gbagba kugba from men just to remain married.

Oh I can't wait to read the excuses the apologists will come up with for this one.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Akinagirl(f): 7:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
Yeah SkillSkill, I thought you were advocating her.  I said I hope her hubby appreciates her b/c I myself don't know many women that would do this. I mean for Gods sake she put her husband over her own child. If it were me, I would have left his insecure ass. My child is much more important than a man that thinks I am going to go back with my ex.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by Sisikill: 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2008
LOL, me advocating? I'll cut out my own tongue first. Not look for YOUR CHILD because of man? Honestly. . . I can't wrap my head around this.

It's funny how the defenders are giving this thread a wide berth. I was hoping to come and read how it's not the Man's fault coz men don't. . . you know do anything wrong and the real blame is on the child for being or maybe the will tell us how it's the women's fault for having a baby before getting married, thus giving her husband a legitimate reason not to trust her or maybe they will say since she had premrital sex the God is punishing her. . . ANYTHING as long as the man is not blamed.
Re: How Can You Locate Your Lost Child, Whom You Saw As A Baby Now Over Twenty Years by rampagain: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2008
Sisikill:

Whispering

She means the baby daddy mama.

oh gawd u will never change grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Business With N100k / How To Make Her Uncle Leave The House / Marrieds,please Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.