Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) (1684 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Make Your Yahoo Messenger Multiple (multi-messenger) / How Do I Retrieve My Offline Messages From Yahoo Messenger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) by kay7070: 1:57pm On Sep 18, 2008
I just installed the yahoo messanger 9.0.0.1389 (BETA) on my PC but have been unable to chat with it, It kept giving this error message

"messenger encountered a connection problem. Please check the network connection and then "try again" (81003004)"

I seem not to understand this because av tried all I know but no headway so far,

What sud I do?
Re: Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) by kevoh(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2008
do you have the latest macromedia flash player installed on ur PC if not download from this link http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash it will definitely work.good luck trying
Re: Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) by timbabng(m): 3:03pm On Sep 18, 2008
have you checked the connection preferences to see if you have disabled proxies?
Re: Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) by kay7070: 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2008
the connection preference is kind of different from others yahoo messengers that av used, for instance it has the following options
(1) Connect directly to the internet

(2) Connect via a proxy server
Use this option if you are behind a firewall and know your proxy server settings
(a) HTTP proxy
Set the HTTP proxy server options (if any) in Internet Explorer.
(b) SOCKS proxy
Server name Port

User ID Password

Internet connection: Home Country

this is what I have on the connection preference tab, What sud I do
Re: Problem With Yahoo Messenger 9.0 (beta) by timbabng(m): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2008
choose the option to connect directly to the internet and see what happens

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Upgrade Form Win Vista Sp2 To Win 7? / Blackberry Free Browsing / Window Iis Not Genuine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.