Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Multi-wife Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Multi-wife Family (1252 Views)

Video: Shocking Moment 'husband's Mistress Attacked After Wife's Family Discover / Should She Go to visit her husband wife's family??? / Is It Right To Work For One's Father -inlaw/wife's Family?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Multi-wife Family by sistawoman: 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2008
I know this goes in the family section but not alot of folks visit there so i posted here and there and will put in culture as well.

I am just curious as to how multi-wife families operate.

Does the sr. wife pick the jr wife/wives?
How does the Sr. wife act toward the Jr. wife?
What if the Jr. wife is younger more beautiful?
Who sleeps with the husband?
What are the pros and cons of such an arrangement?
What are the job descriptions/duties for each wife?
What is the husband expected to do?

Do you know anyone or are you I a multi-wife marriage?
How is life with two women living in the same household?

Anything else you think to add that I have not asked.
Re: Multi-wife Family by iice(f): 2:02am On Sep 20, 2008
Still wrong section.
moving to family

Yes, my neighbour and friends were in a polygamous family.
And not just two wives grin
Their dad probably had over 20 wives, only five wives and their kids lived next to us. Down the road in their guest house, about 3 lived there, further down the road about 4 lived there. Oh i think they got on fine. Never went to their house undecided so i dont know what went on inside their house. Only you could hear them fighting somedays - it was hilarious to us coz they women will be screaming at each other, then after some minutes, all is well. Nope, their dad never came around and i doubt he was bothered by the women when they have their fights. All in all, i think they got along well, wives and kids.
I know quite a few polygamous families. Not my concern how the women go about their biz, but the kids all seemed to take the whole polygamy thing in stride.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Brides Wear Tube Gowns On Their Wedding Day? To Seduce Who? / Are You Married And Fat? / Poverty Stricken Africans Receive Desperately Needed Bibles:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.