Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Why Put The Blame On Mend? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Put The Blame On Mend? (846 Views)

Dele Momodu: Enough Of The Blame Game And Paranoia Of Buhari’s Cabinet / Nigerians See Your Lying President; Watch GEJ On MEND 2010 And 2015 / Wole Soyinka On MEND Team! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Buduz: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2008
Some of u are just writin & talkin gutter, because una no be Niger Delta pikin. Me, i'm from Riverstate, portharcourt pikin to the teeth, & a Niger Deltan as far as u fit see. A graduate of Uniport, Elect/Elect Eng., but how far?. My CV don rumple & dirty scatter. Abeg help me name them. SHELL(for yorubas & hausas only). NNPC(for hausas & yorubas only). What about AGIP(18 Rivers only). Abi na ELF(Non - Rivers only). WILBROS(Rivers- work for 2 years only & Easterners). Even our secretariat & council pack enough easterners & juju names. The Yorubas, Hausas & the Easterners don use our money buy all the land for Riverstate, now tell me who be landlord & who be tenant. Federal Government dump Rivers graduates for North, come nourish them graduate for we state, all in the name of thier dirty NYSC(Now Your Sufferings Continue). MEND get good part & small wrong part wey every true Niger deltan fit identify & understand. We Niger Deltanz, we don suffer too much, i've been to places & i've seen chapis suffer. Why?,
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by texazzpete(m): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2008
You are a truly pathetic human being, if you believe all the crap you posted. Many Niger Deltans work in the Multinational Oil companies, NNPC employs many people from the region too.
It's obvious you're a low-end graduate. You may have been led to believe that you merit automatic employment immediately you graduate, but that's far from the truth.

Since you believe so much in MEND, why not take your CV to them? Blaming others for your own misfortunes is the first step to taking out your frustrations on society. You'll fit right in.

PS: If you're truly confident, post your CV here. You may edit the name if it makes you feel better
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Buduz: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2008
@texazpiss, see u, aboki man, i guess you must be a stammerer & a mugu, if most Niger Deltanz are well payed in your so called companies, & my people are not suffering then why are we carrying arms, Mr brainless, you must come from hausa, our greedy & dirty oppressors, why u no go open your smelling mouth, wen your people don give you automatic job without CV. This is just the beginning for FG(Foul Government). We won't cease fire untill justice is met. Vegazpiss, use your head,
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by bawomolo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2008
why don't u join the struggle if u are this frustrated, it's funny how u are only looking for employment in the oil industry as if it's your birth right
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Buduz: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2008
@bawomumu, see you, yoruba, i guess you want me to become a taxi driver, just like one of those your illiterate brothers. For your information, i did my NYSC in Ogun State. They have NNPC, but you can't see one Rivers man holding a position in that company & every other company in Ogun state . Just yorubas. Na una birthright?. I was posted to Ijebu waterside as my place of primary assignment, to teach ofcourse, meanwhile my bunk mate in the orientation camp, from Ondo state was posted to WEMA company in Shagamu. Na the same Engineering we read, & the same second class upper division we get. Maybe it's his birthright.
So bawomumu, think before u write.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Buduz: 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2008
@bawomumu, i'm just speaking for my people. We have been intimidated & manipulated for so long, all we want is equal right & justice. Nobody likes to be cheated, do you?
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by ifyalways(f): 9:50pm On Sep 20, 2008
@OP who should be blamed then?another tales by moonlight undecided
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by bawomolo(m): 10:13pm On Sep 20, 2008
Buduz:

@bawomumu, see you, yoruba, i guess you want me to become a taxi driver, just like one of those your illiterate brothers. For your information, i did my NYSC in Ogun State. They have NNPC, but you can't see one Rivers man holding a position in that company & every other company in Ogun state . Just yorubas. Na una birthright?. I was posted to Ijebu waterside as my place of primary assignment, to teach ofcourse, meanwhile my bunk mate in the orientation camp, from Ondo state was posted to WEMA company in Shagamu. Na the same Engineering we read, & the same second class upper division we get. Maybe it's his birthright.
So bawomumu, think before u write.

the NYSC is about service, since when did NYSC mean getting a job with a cubicle. in nigeria, i was impressed to see NYSC corpers working with traffic wardens. you seem to want juicy jobs to fall on your lap. anyway go on with your duck tales.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2008
oh gosh!!! roflmao!!!
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2008
Look deep the problem of Niger delta is more that what we can see with our eyes. The problem is at the door step of our leaders. if they want it to be ok they would have done it long ago why wait until the youth can’t take the injustice anymore before they can start coming up with different false submit that wont yield anything other than to deceive the people once more making them feel the plight is been looked into.

if the government where serious about helping these people after killing the ogoni they should have at least swallow their pride and take the region to the next level but still they did not.

If mend or anybody pick up arms even an individual don’t blame them it is just anger that has accumulated over the years. It is like so one; iving in your house and feeding fat with your food while you stay outside and watch the person. every day you beg for the food that truly belongs to you and yet you get nothing the day you pick up arms to fight back that is when people will now start saying you ungrateful every one forget so quick when you where begging peacefully. These people before now asked for their right peacefully no one listen now it is the other way round and we all blame them come lets be sensible even if two wrongs don’t make a right but at least it helps correct some wrongful doings from happening again.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Nobody: 4:40am On Sep 21, 2008
Buduz,

I wonder what your kind of mentality is doing in the 21st century. It belongs to the age before the stone age.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by ow11(m): 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2008
Buduz,

MEND is not fighting for you to get a job in SHELL or MOBIL!!

We are Nigerians NOT Niger Deltans. . .

MEND claims to be fighting for the rights of the impoverished rural people living in th ND area. They believe by bringing crude oil production in the area to a halt, the FG would revise its current sole objective of looting the treasury to a more reasonable one that should include:

1. Working with the oil companies to end environmental degradation.
and
2. Making sure that some of the revenue from the sales of crude oil (about 50%) would be used to develop the area and pay for damges already done to the environment.
amongst others. . .

Now Buduz, getting a job in the oil industry is competitive and these companies are business organisations not charities. Therefore, they would only employ people they believe would help them get profits. I agree that majority of the staff of oil companies are Non ND's but they are Nigerians and since they are in the Majority (population), it is obvious that Yoruba and Hausa people would dominate since they also dominate in number of graduates available for employment.

ND people get scholarships and even preferential employment in some cases (which I personally find insulting). This is not fair on other Nigerians because we are all Nigerians. I think you should allow your brains to do the talking in the aptitude test halls rather than coming here to spew gall.

Nepotism is widespread in Nigeria and so the issue of your NYSC friend is not new. Even in the RV state civil service, nepotism is rife between 'Upland' and 'Lowland' indigenes. You as a person should struggle to oversome adversity, fight for what you think you deserve and don't think SHELL should run after you because your ancestors decided to settle in a place that is present day RV state.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by kiwi992(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2008
Hey Guys,

Do you really need to slate Buduz?

I thought we lived in a free world where everyone was supposed to express their views openly and freely.  Why castigate the guy?  Why? 

He wasn't attacking any Hausa, Ibo or Yoruba per se, in his initial posting.  He was merely expressing an opinion with which most indegenes of the Niger Delta could identify.  The guy is right in the thick of the troubles.  He is living it on a daily basis.  The least he deserves is to be heard and NOT get shouted down or bullied.  

Perhaps we should try and wear the shoe in the other foot and see how it hurts.

kiwi992.

NB:

Buduz, you MUST always express your views openly and freely.  Never be intimidated by anybody.  Okay?  Not everyone has to agree with your views.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Mojasi(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2008
Please dis thin of nigerdelta issue is gettin out of hand,o,o any body wey no wetin him go do make de person com do.
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by texazzpete(m): 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2008
@kiwi992
I struggle to understand where you're coming from. He has been allowed to express his views, and in the same vein people are allowed to reply with their own viewpoints, especially in a case where people feel outraged.

The outrage stems from the fact that many (including myself) see his attitude as one that is extremely negative. No one should expect a job to fall from the skies just because you come from a particular region. In many cases getting a job in Nigeria is dependent on some measure of luck. He claims he has a 2.1, in my set (elect/elect engineering) graduating student with a first class (GPA OF 4.cool had to work in Zenith Bank for 2 years!

As ow11 says, the oil companies he mentions are there for profit, and as such they strive to hire people based on merit. It may be his frustration talking, but i have a low opinion of this fellow just based on his initial post alone.

Lying to himself will not help matters. It's an open secret now that oil companies now do more to hire people from the ND region. For example, it's an open secret now that Shell Nigeria has a quota for ND students in it's SITP program. Other oil companies have come to adopt such policies in recent times.

As Nigerians we should strive to be as thoroughly detribalised as possible. Shame you cannot see the Irony in a fellow whining about tribalism labelling me as an 'aboki' simply because i did not agree with him.

While you're at it, ask why an Elect/Elect graduate will focus his attentions solely on the Oil and Gas industry. What about PHCN? Or manufacturing firms? And if need be, what about banks?
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by RibaduFan(m): 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2008
Buduz

Why Put The Blame On Mend?
« on: Yesterday at 10:49:43 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of u are just writin & talkin gutter, because una no be Niger Delta pikin. Me, i'm from Riverstate, portharcourt pikin to the teeth, & a Niger Deltan as far as u fit see. A graduate of Uniport, Elect/Elect Eng., but how far?. My CV don rumple & dirty scatter. Abeg help me name them. SHELL(for yorubas & hausas only). NNPC(for hausas & yorubas only). What about AGIP(18 Rivers only). Abi na ELF(Non - Rivers only). WILBROS(Rivers- work for 2 years only & Easterners). Even our secretariat & council pack enough easterners & juju names. The Yorubas, Hausas & the Easterners don use our money buy all the land for Riverstate, now tell me who be landlord & who be tenant. Federal Government dump Rivers graduates for North, come nourish them graduate for we state, all in the name of their dirty NYSC(Now Your Sufferings Continue). MEND get good part & small wrong part wey every true Niger deltan fit identify & understand. We Niger Deltanz, we don suffer too much, i've been to places & i've seen chapis suffer. Why?, [quote][/quote]

@poster
if I were an employer of labour, I would by no means want u as part of my workforce. How on God's earth did u manage to leave school with this kind of attitude?
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2008
I hear say MEND don declare ceasefire!!!!! e be like say their ammunition don finish

I hope our Military go capitalise now.

Accept the ceasefire in public while continuing offensive on MEND base in secret. Army need to capture all their ammunition once and for all.

remember Russia/Georgia style.

dem need to ground these boyz
Re: Why Put The Blame On Mend? by Afam(m): 11:41am On Sep 22, 2008
2 1 in Electrical Electronics Engineering and you are targeting the oil company? This is one of the reasons why people short change themselves and Nigeria continues to remain a dumping ground for imported electronics.

If the 2 1 is based on merit why don't you become a millionaire overnight building and installing inverters for homes and offices that are looking for alternatives to generators?

(1) (Reply)

Shame On Nigeria / Blame Lagos, Not Adedibu’s Supporters, For Rise In Armed Robberies In Ibadan / Ruling Party Seeks Consensus Candidate For Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.