Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Creationism Takes A Huge Hit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Creationism Takes A Huge Hit (1991 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by millco88(f): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2008
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26747166/

The Catholic Church announced that Evolution fits in with the bible.

Also, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and the United Church of Christ and some non-denomiational churches are all behind Evolution.

I think the only sect of Christians that generally have the biggest problem accepting Evolution are the Evangelical Protestants (especially the dogmatic ones). However, I don't think this will do anything to change their mind since they despise the Catholic Church just as much as everything else in the world
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by manmustwac(m): 11:09pm On Sep 20, 2008
millco88:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26747166/
The Catholic Church announced that Evolution fits in with the bible.
Evolution is at least a billion years older than the bible, and its about time to they open the eyes to the theory of evolution.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by huxley(m): 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2008
The Vatican said "Evolution is compatible with the Bible". Don't you think the owe their followers an explanation as to how it is compatible? How is the gradual prolonged emergence of various lifeforms compatible with the instanteneous creation of the Genesis narrative.

If I was Catholic I would be demanding that of the Vatican?
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:56pm On Sep 20, 2008
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Poor Followers they will never know the truth, *hisses yawns loudly*
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by mazaje(m): 2:46am On Sep 21, 2008
menbers of christ embassy, deeper life bible church, CAC, cele,jehova's witness, ECWA,COCIN, etc will tell you that the catholics know not what they are talking about. . . . . i wonder where evolution fits in and is compatible with the genesis narative. . . . . . .
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2008
Evolution is still a THEORY and highly incomplete. I dont see why I should believe anyone who tells me that he knows EXACTLY what happened 4 million years ago! Am I supposed to exercise FAITH in this?

It cannot explain the existence of evil. Evolutionists will escape this issue by claiming that the object of the THEORY of evolution is not the 'issue of evil'. The cajolery continues!!
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2008
Evolution is still a THEORY and highly incomplete. I don't see why I should believe anyone who tells me that he knows EXACTLY what happened 4 million years ago! Am I supposed to exercise FAITH in this?

Bros, no vex o; na wah o. You for try confirm wetin "theory" mean as you say na "only".

Meanwhile, as you no sabi wetin happen 4 million years ago, you dey there when Creation dey happen? You no dey, I no dey, so wich ones you dey?

No vex bros.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2008
Nimshi:

Bros, no vex o; na wah o. You for try confirm wetin "theory" mean as you say na "only".
Show me ONE experiment that verifies the theory of evolution. Just one!

Nimshi:

Meanwhile, as you no sabi wetin happen 4 million years ago,
True

Nimshi:

you dey there when Creation dey happen?
No. By the way, the creation story(ies) in Genesis are allegorical. Not to be taken literally.

Nimshi:

You no dey, I no dey, so wich ones you dey?
Good. Since nobody is sure what happened (just as nobody is sure where the boundaries of the universe are), evolutionists should humbly keep quiet and stop disturbing everybody.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by manmustwac(m): 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2008
imhotep:

So on hand you want proof of evolution because you obviously don't believe in it

imhotep:

No. By the way, the creation story(ies) in Genesis are allegorical. Not to be taken literally.

And on the other hand your saying we Atheists should disbelieve what is written in your book called the Holy Bible.

imhotep:

Good. Since nobody is sure what happened (just as nobody is sure where the boundaries of the universe are), evolutionists should humbly keep quiet and stop disturbing everybody.
Sorry geezer but scientists will keep on doing their research until they come up with enough proof to prove the theory of evolution. I suggest that if u want us to keep quiet and stop disturbing everyone that you kneel down and pray for that to happen. And i trust your God will answer your prayers. grin
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by bawomolo(m): 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2008
warning to mazaje and co, KAG and I have already gone over evolution with imhotep. he is still an unbeliever even after his beloved catholic church as accepted evolution.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

blind blind sheep
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Gamine(f): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2008
Do we need any more proof on the confusion that exists within these institutions

pity.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 21, 2008
bawomolo:

warning to mazaje and co, KAG and I have already gone over evolution with imhotep. he is still an unbeliever even after his beloved catholic church as accepted evolution.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

blind blind sheep
Strange that you need the Pope to authenticate the fairy tale of evolution. LOL
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2008
manmustwac:

So on hand you want proof of evolution because you obviously don't believe in it
We are being scientific here, remember?

manmustwac:

Sorry geezer but scientists will keep on doing their research
More like high level guesswork.

manmustwac:

until they come up with enough proof to prove the theory of evolution.
Yeah right, to prove events that took place 90 million years ago. That will be the day!!!! LOL

manmustwac:

I suggest that if u want us to keep quiet and stop disturbing everyone
Yes, look for better things to do with yourselves.

manmustwac:

that you kneel down and pray for that to happen. And i trust your God will answer your prayers. grin
Of course. Dominus pascit me, et nihil mihi deerit.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by bawomolo(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2008
imhotep:

Strange that you need the Pope to authenticate the fairy tale of evolution. LOL

do u think i ever gave a shit about your hitler youth pope.  the same undecided catholic church that has made a You turn on Galileo, darwin and a host of other.   

why do u disagree with ur pope??

“They are presented as alternatives that exclude each other,” the pope said. “This clash is an absurdity because on one hand there is much scientific proof in favor of evolution, which appears as a reality that we must see and which enriches our understanding of life and being as such.

i know u feel betrayed by your church  grin

More like high level guesswork.

an hypothesis is high level guesswork, the theory of relativity or the theory of evolution aren't given they are backed by natural phenomena that have been carefully recorded and experimented upon.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by manmustwac(m): 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2008
imhotep:

So why did u dodge this this point that u made then? Is it because Genesis is a whole load of nonsense?
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 2:59am On Sep 22, 2008
imhotep:

Chairman, first of all, I no need to show you one experiment; di problem be say wetin your write just show people say e like say you no sabi di meaning of "theory" as dem dey use am for science. Na wahala be dis o; because wehen we dey argue in favour of Baba God di Creator, we must know wetin we dey yarn.

Second: as you take ask say "Show me ONE experiment that verifies the theory of evolution" (na me add di bold o), e go dey make all di people (both creationists & evolutionists & everyone in between & outisde) wey sabi di things to laugh small. You sabi why? Even if you know, I go tell you: to 'prove' scientific theory, no be verification dey important pass, na falsification. Shuoo! Na so. Bros, dis thing no hard o. Na correct bullet wey we need when we dey yarn with evolutionist wey sabi wetin dem dey talk.

Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 3:06am On Sep 22, 2008
imhotep:

By the way, the creation story(ies) in Genesis are allegorical. Not to be taken literally.

Chei! Chairman, I bin forget dis one.

But sha e be like say you don get betta idea o!

Soooo, as the stories dey allegorical, we must not take dem literally, soooo e fit be say di creation story work through evolution, ko? And if we take example (exmaple only, eh) say 1000 years fit be like one day at di time of Peteru, and we do extrapolation backwards, e fit be say "one day" for Genesis fit be several thousand years, ko? Bros, na idea bi dis o! May be na wetin Vatican go settle for be dis, eh. Dem must carry all di Cardinals with ogbonge big bibg degrees, including Papa Ratzinger enter dis theory. You try sha.

But sha may be I no understand wetin you mean; you go fit explain?

God bless o.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by MadMax1(f): 9:29am On Sep 22, 2008
Maybe the world was created by evolution? We coined both terms. Perhaps God had a different word for it. The world came about in stages, and it's interesting that science and the Bible agree on the order living things appeared on the planet: Water, plants, sea thingies, land thingies, man. So the Catholic Church says evolution is consistent with the Bible: that means creationism takes a hit? How? They made an annoucement, they didn't exactly submit a well-documented thesis on it. The catholic church says a lot of things. Early this year, they invented new Deadly Sins, including not living Green. Evolution is a possibility, it's not yet a fact. I have nothing against either, but it'd be nice to know for sure which it is.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by PastorAIO: 10:16am On Sep 22, 2008
Mad_Max:

Maybe the world was created by evolution? We coined both terms. Perhaps God had a different word for it. The world came about in stages, and it's interesting that science and the Bible agree on the order living things appeared on the planet: Water, plants, sea thingies, land thingies, man. [/b]So the Catholic Church says evolution is consistent with the Bible: that means creationism takes a hit? How? They made an annoucement, they didn't exactly submit a well-documented thesis on it. The catholic church says a lot of things. Early this year, they invented new Deadly Sins, including not living Green. Evolution is a possibility, it's not yet a fact. I have nothing against either, but it'D be nice to know for sure which it is.

What creation story are you talking about? There is another that says:
5[b]And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7[b]And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground[/b], and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Man pre existed even the herbs of the fields.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by MadMax1(f): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2008
Yeah, I wondered about that. The Bible's sometimes hard to take literally. But I suggested the possibility that man might've been created twice to someone and she gave me a look like, shut the hell up heretic and blasphemer and do you know what happens to people who add to what the Bible says?

Man I am so not going into all that again. Let the facts emerge, however slowly, but facts, not fiction.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2008
Mad_Max:
Evolution is a possibility, it's not yet a fact.

Chairman, why una still dey talk like dis? Ehn? Man don tire o. If una wan join discussion with evolutionist, dis kain statement no be correct o.

Pastor AIO:
Man pre existed even the herbs of the fields.
Pastor, e be like say una no sabi di bible wey una dey carry do Pastor o; man before the plants? Na real wah. Bros, no vex o; but sha you suppose don sabi bible pass dis one. You for check am nah: wetin adam for dey chop before Eve land? Fish?

Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by PastorAIO: 3:28pm On Sep 22, 2008
Man cannot live by bread alone. Or ya never hear dat one? God can send him manna from heaven. But jesting aside, I believe that the issue at hand is whether the order of creation is in keeping with how evolution is supposed to have occurred.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
Okay Pastor; you talk correct. To dey chop bread alone go hard, even Agege bread dey tire person.

Anyways, person surprise as you talk say Adam arrive before the plants. I no dey even compare with anything wey evolution talk yet; na as bible take say e happen.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 22, 2008
bawomolo:

do u think i ever gave a shit about your hitler youth pope. the same undecided catholic church that has made a You turn on Galileo, darwin and a host of other.
I'm sure Hitler was an evolutionist. Only a spiritually blind evolutionist could have wrecked that much havoc.

bawomolo:

why do u disagree with ur pope??
Great, great Pope Benedict. Learned man. Much more learned that all the evolutionists put together. God bless his soul. smiley smiley

bawomolo:

i know u feel betrayed by your church grin
The Great and Wonderful, 2000 year old Church. I'm impressed by the POWER of my church. The so-called evolutionists need the approval of the church in order to feel good about themselves. Miriabilis est !!! grin grin grin

bawomolo:

an hypothesis is high level guesswork, the theory of relativity or the theory of evolution aren't given they are backed by natural phenomena that have been carefully recorded and experimented upon.
The theory of relativity has been verified time and again. The existence of nuclear weapons is abundant proof for this. Evolution, on the other hands, seems to depend a lot on fabricated computer simulation (cartoons)--- LOL
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 22, 2008
Nimshi:

Chairman, first of all, I no need to show you one experiment; di problem be say wetin your write just show people say e like say you no sabi di meaning of "theory" as them dey use am for science. Na wahala be this o; because wehen we dey argue in favour of Baba God di Creator, we must know wetin we dey yarn.

Second: as you take ask say "Show me ONE experiment that verifies the theory of evolution" (na me add di bold o), e go dey make all di people (both creationists & evolutionists & everyone in between & outisde) wey sabi di things to laugh small. You sabi why? Even if you know, I go tell you: to 'prove' scientific theory, no be verification dey important pass, na falsification. Shuoo! Na so. Bros, this thing no hard o. Na correct bullet wey we need when we dey yarn with evolutionist wey sabi wetin them dey talk.

You can see that evolution appeals to our faith. This makes it like a RELIGION. No wonder it needs the authority of the Pope to back it up. Long live the Pope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
Nimshi:

Chei! Chairman, I bin forget this one.

But sha e be like say you don get betta idea o!

Soooo, as the stories dey allegorical, we must not take them literally, soooo e fit be say di creation story work through evolution, ko? And if we take example (exmaple only, eh) say 1000 years fit be like one day at di time of Peteru, and we do extrapolation backwards, e fit be say "one day" for Genesis fit be several thousand years, ko? Bros, na idea bi this o! May be na wetin Vatican go settle for be this, eh. Dem must carry all di Cardinals with ogbonge big bibg degrees, including Papa Ratzinger enter this theory. You try sha.

But sha may be I no understand wetin you mean; you go fit explain?

God bless o.

I've been waiting for two experiments on this forum:
1) to disprove the existence of God (I've been waiting for 9 months now),
2) to show how one organism evolves into another eg 'apes evolving to Man' (don't chicken out by saying that it takes 200 million years to occur)

I'm still waiting. Or do we need to consult the Pope for this again?
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2008
imhotep:

I've been waiting for two experiments on this forum:
1) to disprove the existence of God (I've been waiting for 9 months now),
2) to show how one organism evolves into another eg 'apes evolving to Man' (don't chicken out by saying that it takes 200 million years to occur)

I'm still waiting. Or do we need to consult the Pope for this again?

Chairman, as you dey take write so, na im be dey clear say you no even sabi; no vex o; truth dey dey bitter sometimes. Na una dey make evolutionists dey call creationists yeye people; but sha no be all creationists be yeye people. See am so:

1) You, as you dey so, you fit disprove the existence of a pink sky elephant with eyes all over him tail?
2) You, as you dey so, you fit show how you you dey take piss for toilet?

Make we face #1 as e be say e match your yeye challenge. You no fit. Wetin dat one tell you?

Meanwhile, you talk true small; the Bishop of Rome sabi book well well; but sha all di book wey him sabi, e no mean say him no go dey support yeye yeye people like Cardinal Bernard Law; Mr. Law na fugitive; we sabi am well well as him take tun go dey hide for Vatican; di thing wey him do, no betta person go even dey think am: how MoG go dey dey involve in molestation (code word for rape, eh) of small small children. On tope of dat, when him reach Vatican, Papa Ratzinger dash am big post join. Anyways, dat one na digress, only to show you say just because say person sabi book well well, e no mean say him head correct.

If you dey follow-follow, male you shone your face well well.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
@Nimshi
You have provided no proofs. You are dodging the issues. Artful dodger.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2008
imhotep:

The theory of relativity has been verified time and again. The existence of nuclear weapons is abundant proof for this.

Chief, how? Which Relativity una dey talk about o?
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 10:42pm On Sep 22, 2008
imhotep:

@Nimshi
You have provided no proofs. You are dodging the issues. Artful dodger.

My small bros, no vex; but your quesion, like di first one ", .disprove the existence of God", hmnnn, dem talk say no foolish quesion, bros, hmnnn, see, dat quesion dey di same level as: "disprove the existence of a pink sky elephant with eyes all over him tail".

You don sabi now?
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by Nimshi: 10:48pm On Sep 22, 2008
Ok; as you don log comot. Anytime wey you reload, make you answer dat quesion on wetin you talk about Relativity and nuclear weapons.

Try, my small bros. Try.
Re: Creationism Takes A Huge Hit by bawomolo(m): 2:53am On Sep 23, 2008
I'm sure Hitler was an evolutionist. Only a spiritually blind evolutionist could have wrecked that much havoc.

are we talking of the same hitler connected to the catholic church

http://aftermathnews.files./2008/04/priestsalutehitler.jpg
http://z.about.com/d/history1900s/1/0/Z/P/hitler19.jpg

Great, great Pope Benedict. Learned man. Much more learned that all the evolutionists put together. God bless his soul. Smiley Smiley

don't dodge the question, the pope said there is evidence backing evolution, why don't u agree.

The theory of relativity has been verified time and again. The existence of nuclear weapons is abundant proof for this.

so why do u think the evidence supporting evolution was fabricated. are the bone and fossils fake??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is The Bible Easy To Understand? / 2009 Predictions Nigeria / Fulfilled Islamic Prophecies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.