Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,905 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? (11553 Views)

Baba Idris Is Dead (Nasarawa United FC Player) / Akwa Ibom State Gov. Throws Massive Party To Celebrate Akwa United FC Victory / Manchester United FC Is Going Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by hbrednic: 12:13am On Sep 23, 2008
phoenixy1:

LOL, Ya'll sooo funey to believe this story! wha!! shocked
£350mila in pounds! With that kind of money why bother to invest at all
Who is the guy who started all this roumor mill anyway?
Hes just looking for mugus to cough out the £50million and then he vamoose!
The whole thing is nothing but an elaborate setup including the news.
It is already a known common ploy to convince prospective mugus by setting up some
news item or website to corrobate their claims and get mugus to fall.
[b]You guys better shine your eyes well well.[/b]I have not seen any such indication in the local papers here.
Its just a load of chiken crap!
Dont get all excited now.

dont bother shinning ur eyes,abi you get the remaining 50million eliza to invest?
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by Builder: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2008
Nigerias buying Newcastle United, LOL, by the time they sell the club it would be Oldcastle divided , i can see the club in 4th division within one season .
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by bawomolo(m): 1:37am On Sep 23, 2008
it's strange nigerians don't want to invest in their country. dubai and the other emirates are wealthy and looking for ways to invest their money unlike nigeria that is ripe with poverty. building our league to the level of that of at least north african or south american countries would be of great benefit to nigeria. are u trying to say globacom was dumb for investing in the league. let's see if this nigerian consortium pans out but investing in another man's economy when yours is stagnant raises some questions
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by owoblow007: 2:24am On Sep 23, 2008
Don't mind them,

Naa scam and rich fool in Naija, be careful cos you are the target, as they can't get nothing from us poor soul like this cos they know that you will fall mugu for it, grin
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by DisGuy: 4:18am On Sep 23, 2008
I like the way this Nathaniel is getting his publicity sha, I'm sure they will settle for a smaller club when they are really ready
this is just to get those 'big boys' interested, someone that raised £350 can surely raise £400, i think he's just lookng for £50m to buy Watford or one of those  wink

p.s they still have to pass the 'fit and proper' test 

[url=http://soccerlens.com/copy-of-nigerian-consortium%C2%B4s-official-bid-for-newcastle-united/12429/]copy of the official bid[/url] grin
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by abbgstar(m): 8:06am On Sep 23, 2008
Just googled up Chris Nathaniel and was surpised to find out that he's one of 30 most influential black people in English football.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7305569.stm#list
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by KnowAll(m): 8:41am On Sep 23, 2008
Does that A Nigerian consortium sees it wise to invest £350million pounds on a premiership team, they will probably spend another £150million to £200million if they want to compete for honours, this sheer waste of money in a poor country like nigeria.

With that kind of money investors can

1. Build a fast train from Lagos to Abuja
2.Build 4th Mainland bridge and collect Toll on it.
3.Cover at least the cost of Building a metro in lagos or Abuja
4.Build half a dozen power plants
5.Create employment to thousands of nigeria by building industries, e.g car assembly, lorry assembly, e.c.
6. Complete Tinapa and make it more viable.

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for
western investors to buy.
[b][/b]
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by KnowAll(m): 8:42am On Sep 23, 2008
Does that A Nigerian consortium sees it wise to invest £350million pounds on a premiership team, they will probably spend another £150million to £200million if they want to compete for honours, this sheer waste of money in a poor country like nigeria.

5.Create employment to thousands of nigeria by building industries, e.g car assembly, lorry assembly, e.c.

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for western investors to buy.[b]
[/b][size=12pt][/size]
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by lalaboi(m): 8:43am On Sep 23, 2008
just saw the story now on yahoo. was even bout to post a topic, thank goodness i checked 1st!

this is just crazy, that money could make the nigerian league the best in africa, it could produce future stars! it could renovate a lot of things in that country!

why buy a football club ? a faulty club for that matter!
hw can u be selfish to ur own ppl and waste ur money in someone elses country! thats why naija will never move forward!

a guy made a comment on yahoo sports. and i have to agree!

Having worked in Nigeria for 5 years in the oil & gas industry, I think I am able to comment on this issue. And I am not saying that all nigerians are the same. Most wealthy Nigerians have to asked how they got their money is the first question I would ask.
If like most other things Nigerians seem to touch New castle united will be left with nothing, the grass on the pitch will disapear, everthing will vanish. things will start to fall apart, & mainly the money will be swiftly spirited away.
As I said not all Nigerians are the same, most them are very hard working, & getting paid very little, working for the wealthy Nigerians, who rob them at every turn. So I say again be very careful, & ask them how they got their money! ! ! ?
I am not a NCU supporter, sorry, but this is not a good move.
As for our Nigerian friends comments above. I think this is a wind up, but yes if it were some Europeans asking about buying it would be a different matter.

where did dey get the money from
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by jaybee3(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2008
KnowAll:

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for western investors to buy.[b]
[/b][size=12pt][/size]

Said it all. kudos to your reasoning
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by nzeaji(m): 9:02am On Sep 23, 2008
tosinadeda:

as in 350,000,000,000pounds

87,500,000,000,000 naira shocked shocked
lord av mercy
for this same country??

it's 350,000,000 pounds not 350,000,000,000 pounds wink wink wink

All the same, that money could be used here in this country. this is just a case of misplaced priority angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by lafile(m): 9:28am On Sep 23, 2008
First question i asked myself was "who are the Nigerians involved? Who are the Nigerians that have amassed so much money that they are willing to spend 350,000,000 pounds sterling on an investment that probably would never make a profit(ask roman abramovich)?" The answer? Nigerians who have corruptly and criminally enriched themselves from the coffers of the government. So why should such Nigerians bother about metro lines and IPP's? or road networks and railways? or the Nigerian league? If they hadn't stolen our money, all these badly needed infrastructures would be on ground. So let them buy Newcastle United for 400 million pounds. At least Mike Ashley will make 270 Million pounds profit. The English press will sell more papers. The club and its fans at St. James' park will get more players. At least if Nigerians cant enjoy their money, let someone apart from the thieves enjoy it. Maybe Obafemi martins will get an increased paycheck. Looking forward to the Nigerian consortium going bankrupt.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by bobokanis(m): 9:32am On Sep 23, 2008
Why are you all saying we should invest such amount in Glo league in 9ja? Are you out of your mind?
Do you know how many gaping mouths will swallow the whole bucks? Common, if you are a business man and you have access to such amount of money, would you rather put it in EPL or NPL.

If this comes through, it will be great for the buyers.
Wish them the best
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by seyibrown(f): 9:49am On Sep 23, 2008
Why can't they put their heads and pockets together to change the lives of people in Nigeria by investing and creating job opportunuities?
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by gidig(m): 10:03am On Sep 23, 2008
knowing Nairalanders, I know that the response to this post will be predictable: those who will not see anything good in the movement and criticize it as the adventure of thieves who have nothing to do with their money. Others will wonder why we should not plough the same fund into the globacom league. Another category are those who will talk about the poverty in Nigeria and what that money will do for the masses of this country.

The truth is that if these people can put their money into what they believe in, it is not our business how they spend their money. When you have your own money, build a massive plantation for the masses to come and eat from. It is your business. These people want to own a Football Club that is up for sale and they are getting the money. It is perfectly okay until it is established that the money is stolen or gotten illegally.

Personally, I am glad that people I share nationality with are making bold attempt at doing something that may draw positive attention to our conutry.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by netprofit(m): 10:13am On Sep 23, 2008
KnowAll:

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for
western investors to buy.
[b][/b]

I love the forth idea

Lets talk about it sir

Dotun
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by tmoney11(m): 10:24am On Sep 23, 2008
It's a nice idea only him can not make it happen and nobody want to lose. i support him to buy the club maybe it will bust the Nigerian out there to come home and invest in football at home.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by Elprinz(m): 11:23am On Sep 23, 2008
well its not that this guys are not patriotic
the problem is INVESTMENT SECURITY
u dont put ur money where u are not sure what will happen next
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by citizenY(m): 12:44pm On Sep 23, 2008
Wayyo Allah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any Nigerian thinking like these guys is in a zoo. No more no less.
With all the competing demands in Naija?
There is a very big disconnect between these entrepreneurs and Naija.
Dis people fit no know dem village.

[b][/b] OR, FARIDA SHINE YOUR EYE, The loot is moving
across the channel, from the Isle of man, Guernsey etc. If e land for London
, forget loot recovery.

Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by zaragoza(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2008
Well opinion is like asshole everyone has one. As for me i dont see anything wrong in investing in a system that works, unlike ours.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by citizenY(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2008
shocked[b] @zaragoza[/b]

Well said and I agree with you but some have two, one int the normal place and another on the crown of their heads where it may not be seen, BUT WHEN IT IS ON THE FOREHEAD, ALMOST BETWEEN THE EYES, it is a source for concern
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by migareigns(m): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ nazzyon. while i feel 350 million pounds will really help a lot of nigerians. you cannot blame a person or group of people for how and where they choose to invest their money. they are first of all business men and not a charity and might have seen an opportuntity in thr league. i know it does not seem fair but sadly that is how it is. sad
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by migareigns(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
also do not forget that nigeria is not exactly investment friendly. one second a firm is sold then a new government comes in and BANG!!! the sale is reversed. interest rates are high. and let use not talk about nepa.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by Maxidoe(m): 3:06pm On Sep 23, 2008

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for western investors to buy.

Am really impressed dude,am a football fanatic, but i must confess this is an intelligent piece.You hve said it all.Kudos
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by hbrednic: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
business is busines and must never be run like a charity home.
always invest ur money were you will get value for it.
some guys in this forum cant even run an ordinary kiosk
but wants to advice a mult million pounce consortium on how and where to invest their money angry
these guys might be raising a loan and you want them to invest in a business unfriendly environ
believe me dancers will troupe in when our govt sets the right stage.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by bawomolo(m): 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
Well opinion is like asshole everyone has one. As for me i don't see anything wrong in investing in a system that works, unlike ours.

just because naija hasn't worked doesn't mean we should give up on it.  the nigerian football league once had a huge following until it was ran down. the league can rise again if more people follow the example of Globacom.  After raising the funds to buy the club, where would the other funds for operating the club come from??  good luck to the investors anyway, it's their money as another poster has said.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by beneli(m): 3:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
belated response. Sorry.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by jpphilips(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
Quote from: KnowAll on Today at 08:41:18 AM

Nigerians should be smart about these things, the arabs that bought Man City, have already built a whole new City in Dubai and only looking for business opportunities to promote the houses that has been built in dubai for western investors to buy.[b][/b]

[b]polemic loosers

i dont blame most of you that come here to while away time
na your papa will invest 400 million pounds in a system that never works.
No security,power,political stability etc
how many investors have come and gone? the likes of wimpey, Econet, Vmobile etc Shell is warming up.
na your papa go invest 400 million 4 Enyimba even if some1 like u heard michael ballack is playing for Enyimba, you cannot spend a faden of your money to travel to Aba to watch d life match, patriotism on someone else's account.

did they tell you the guys in question re Government officials?

Y dont you use your money to build 4th mainland bridge make Agbero and Alaye become your account officers?
create employment for your self those guys re individuals like you,

you re tired of waiting for the Government to salvage your financial squalor now you want to come into peoples' bedrooms to decide for them what to do with their money./
the same Americans hide behind cheap labour and throw out all their investments they never told you that HP pays more tax than its Annual Staff salary in America.
whether or not the investment is a good buy, its no body's buisness grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by DisGuy: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
I don't have a problem where or how they spend their money but i have a problem with the bad image the country will be getting when the almighty sun newspaper and other British media start fishing for information about the 'group' and their background!!! the papers will be looking to trace their history (financial, marital, educational blah blah) and if they don't find it, they will add one plus one together sharp sharp!

and you can bet theyve started already!!

his Bank has issued me a notice to contact anyone in possession of a) a football club and b) a creeping sense of panic and desperation. Hence I am contacting you with regards to ensuring a happy and amenable swap. Just send us your bank details and football club and we will deposit £400m (or £480m, or £350m, depending on etc and so on) into your account. In return, you must give up this ridiculous notion of hiring Kenny Dalglish, Terry Venables or David O'Leary and, instead, give Newcastle hero Kevin Keegan his job back. We have a further £75m to deposit in his account so he can blow it on tat like he did at Manchester City. Oh, and he has to sign Yakubu, 'because he's Nigerian.

If you wish to achieve this goal with me, kindly get back to me on my private email address: NigerianConsortium@hotmail.com.

Regards

Nigerian Consortium

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/23/newcastleunited.premierleague
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by Uche2nna(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
Dis Guy:

I don't have a problem where or how they spend their money but i have a problem with the bad image the country will be getting when the almighty sun newspaper and other British media start fishing for information about the 'group' and their background!!! the papers will be looking to trace their history (financial, marital, educational blah blah) and if they don't find it, they will add one plus one together sharp sharp!

and you can bet theyve started already!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/sep/23/newcastleunited.premierleague

lol

Anyways, the money belongs to them and they are welcomed to spend it as they deem fit. I understand why people are wishing that the money was invested in Naija. I do share that view but if wishes were horses , beggars would ride, innit.

Now from a business point of view,
Running a premier club (especially one with a history and ambition such as Newcastle) is no joke. It requires long term planning , investment and many years of having a deficit in the books. Knowing Nigerians, would they have that kind of patience. grin

Moreover, the bid is made by a consortium (whatever that means in the Nigerian parlance grin). I dont know if all the members of the consortium are on the same page on what it takes to run a premier league club. Chris Nat. might be passionate about football , what about the others? What prevents one of the members from saying "I know do again, gimme my money" grin

More worrisome is the fact that the consortium is going around RAISING money. Lets say they eventually buy it, what happens then? Where dem go get the money for day to day expenses? undecided Just curious.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
i was watching Fox Soccer Channle last nite. I was irritated by the comment one of the guys on a soccer show made about Nigerians trying to buy NewCastle. He was like, Lets make sure these Nigerians are not trying to buy Newcastle through email first! you guys get it basically he is saying it could be one of Nigerias email scams and all. now i know how much we have given Nigeria a bad name with regards to fraud and all.
Re: Nigerians To Buy Newcastle United FC? by amigoes(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2008
engineerd:

i was watching Fox Soccer Channle last night. I was irritated by the comment one of the guys on a soccer show made about Nigerians trying to buy NewCastle. He was like, Lets make sure these Nigerians are not trying to buy Newcastle through email first! you guys get it basically he is saying it could be one of Nigerias email scams and all. now i know how much we have given Nigeria a bad name with regards to fraud and all.

hey dude what do you expect, we are the joke here, I mean the joke is NIGERIA, NIGERIA IS THE JOKE!
annoying
upsetting
maddening
check this out,

Copy of Nigerian consortium´s official bid for Newcastle United
Written by Rob Parker

Following all the speculation about possible owners for Newcastle United, it seems that Mike Ashley is preparing to sell the club to a consortium of wealthy Nigerians. Chris Nathaniel, the chief executive of NVA Management, the company managing the deal, said he is hopeful the Nigerians will become the first Africans to own a Premier League club.

He said: “I have been working hard to get wealthy and football-loving Nigerian entrepreneurs to buy the club since Mike Ashley indicated his willingness to sell to the person, people or entrepreneurs who can meet the £400m selling price of the club.”

We have tracked down a copy of the consortium´s bid for the club.

Hello Friend,

On behalf of my family, I would like to seek your advice and guidance, if you could perhaps assist us invest some funds into any profitable investment opportunities in your country.

We would be delighted if you could please provide detailed information and procedures for investment. We would review your proposition and enter into partnership agreement with you or your company if only your proposition is satisfactory and acceptable.

Firstly, I do not know if you are very familiar with my family case with the present civilian Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria under President Olusegun Obasanjo. Following the sudden death of my late father - (Gen.Sani Abacha) on the 8th of June 1998 (Former Head of State and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria), I and members of my family have been thrown into a state of utter confusion, frustration and hopelessness. Our accounts in banks in Switzerland and other European countries have been frozen illegally by the Federal Government of Nigeria, allegedly us that the funds were siphoned away while my late father ruled Nigeria from 1993 until his sudden death in 1998. Our family lawyers are still on the case at the Supreme Court fighting to have some of the money returned to us.

Pls check - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/2492425.stm

We have deliberated and resolved that part of our family substantial financial resources presently in a Security and Trust outfit in Europe be re-directed to you for a profitable investment in your country under the supervision of an able man power as we hope that you will be able to provide the needed services as regards the investment and management of the financial resources for the betterment of my family in good faith without prejudice.

you want more of this trash?, here is the link.
http://soccerlens.com/copy-of-nigerian-consortium%C2%B4s-official-bid-for-newcastle-united/12429/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe Wins Men's Player Of The Year At 2021 Globe Soccer Awards / Port Harcourt To Host Super Eagles Vs Congo Match As Wike Hosts Pinnick & Rohr / Sand Eagles Of Nigeria Defeats Djibouti 29 - 2 At The African Beach Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.