Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father (1384 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / Confessing Your Sins To A Priest. / Confessing Sins To A Priest , Right Or Wrong ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father by kemisuga(f): 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2008
Is it really good confessing our sins to a father in a church? Some say the father help convey the prayers to God for forgiveness. Or make our confessions to God directly?

I dont really understand why some christians confess their sins to a Man? Although I was in dis category before, but I think it is wrong, so I change my church. And is this right or wrong?
Re: Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ poster,
no man has the ability to forgive men of their sins. This can only happen when the person is concerned, i.e when someone did wrong to you, then u are in the position to forgive that pereson.
The catholics will try to base their proof on the statement being made by christo that whatever you bind on earth it is also bind in heaven. This is when you suffered maltreatment from a fellow man, then u can forgive and it is only in this position you can do this and in no any other way. when u try to forgive the sins commited against another fellow the u are trying to put yourself in equal to the ALMIGTHY FATHER, and thats a great blasphemy.
SHALOM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father by Gamine(f): 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2008
You can Confess your sins to anyone.

Dosnt change a thing, you may even feel better about yourself

Only God has the power to forgive.
Re: Confessing Of Sins To A Reverend Father by AKO1(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
Please go Here to go through the extensive discussion on this subject.

Oh, and one more thing, please always Search before posting! smiley

(1)

Why Are Christian Fundamentalists So Anti-intellectual? / Does God Prescribes And Demand Human Sacrifice In The Bible? / The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.