Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,364 members, 7,815,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (497471 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2006
Fergie had over 4 months to look for a midfielder from any where in d world. He could not get anyone from d abundance of professional players in d world. Anyway,Fergie's ways are different from everyone else's. But my only question is 'can Scholes and Carrick last d whole season witout an injury, both home and in europe'?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2006
Never under-estimate Fergie's wisdom in choice of players.
United signed just one or 2 players and they are on top of the table.
I am a bit disappointed that we werent able to sign 3 quality players but the position on the league table kinda reassured me United meant business.
Lets watch and see what Fergie's old horses will do this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03, 2006
@jackal.
The league is just 3 matches old. We shouldn't be all jumpy about being ontop of d table at d moment.I'm not sayin it ain't a good thing but d league is still young. Moreso, there is still d champions league and thats exactly where my grouse lies.Can our midfield hold its own when d rigours of playin d EPL and champions league in d same week starts.Would playin 3 matches in a week not be too much for Scholes?Our only midfield life line? I hope injury does not ruin us again this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2006
@justkunmi,
United will stand tall.
Man Utd plays better when people least expect and besides too many new personnel in a team changes the overall team balance and it sometimes takes long to gel.
A classic example is Chelsea. Chelsea's team list should beat any other premiership team 5-0 in all 38 games but how have they fared?
I am a bit pained we cld not sign some players but if u look at it critically,United don't really need extra players if everyone remains fit.
Scholes, Giggs, JS Park, Carrick, O'shea, Ronaldo, Smith, Richardson can do the job in the midfield.
AbsoTRUTHly, Scholesy and Giggsy look like new signings with the sudden boost of energy.
Saha, Ronaldo, Rooney and Solskjaer(Babyface Assassin) should get a handful of goals.
Ma only fear is the injury-prone Louis Saha but Alan Smith should deputise for Saha in case things fall apart for him this season.
Lets see how Man Utd will fare by December before we talk about new players.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:39am On Sep 05, 2006
Wat is this nonsense david gill is sayin? He said man utd was never interested in tevez and mascherano.That united do not trust argentine players! Wat's that all about? I do not know about veron but can u count many united players as dedicated as heinze?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by stanech: 9:57am On Sep 05, 2006
2justkunmi Did he say that ??/ shocked

That's Not Fair sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 7:46am On Sep 06, 2006
@stanech.
Yes he did say it.It was all over d papers.On bbc yesterday morning.It was also on 4thegame. U can check.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2006
@ justkunmi,
Lets leave David Gill alone. The transfer window has closed and United must move on.
United will def'ly sign players come January and i am kinda seeing the positives of not landing a big name this summer.
Should United sign a big player and such player fail to give a stellar performance - who wld carry the blame?

United's next run of matches is kinda feisty.
Tottenham, Celtic and Arsenal in just 8 days seems to be a big ASK from the players but i am confident United can grab maximum points from 'em matches.
Did u see how Giggsy outshone Ronaldinho and Kaka last night despite playing for just 45 mins?
Giggs, Scholes and Solskjaer(Babyface Assassin) are like new signings and by the time Heinze, Smith and Vidic joins the team we will be hammering teams with venom.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 7:08pm On Sep 06, 2006
That is some wishful thinking, maybe you should best expect 4 points from those 3 matches and hopefully come back stronger because i feel it will be hard for you guys cool

Why is it that it is only Jackal and Justkunmi that have been posting on this thread, something is wrong somewhere, Nuggard and hucarson where are you? cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Rocafella: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2006
Fergie shouldn't have allowed Mascherano offer slip off his palm,now we dont have a central holding midfielder,as Scholesy is old and Carrick, uhm, I dont think can stand up to the pressure of the Champions League.All the same,Red Devils is bringing home at least a trophy to Old Trafford this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2006
yeah, the 'Crappy' Cup! grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:47pm On Sep 06, 2006
@ debosky,
Don't get jealous.
What did Arsenal win last season?
I still cannot understand why Arsenal fans don't appreciate but to HATE.
Little wonder Osama Bin Laden is a confirmed Arsenal follower. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:52pm On Sep 06, 2006
that was a joke jackal, duh!

i'm not jealous that you guys won the carling cup, in my opinion that tournament is as important as the reserve premier league.

if anyone hates its you, insulting arsenal at every opportunity. BTW the henry u are always hating on - didnt he score in each of the last 2 qualifiers? worm out my foot!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:23am On Sep 07, 2006
Honestly, Osama supports Arsenal.
Its been revealed Osama had mad love for the gunners in the 90s.
Let Henry transform his form to club competitions.
He scored from a deflection tonight and he was just lucky to have scored.
Henry ma foot. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2006
@Kitaun I spent last week on the net cuz I thought we wuld get a new player-needless to say I've failed a few tests!

what do you guys think if we play Brown/O'shea as Dm, I have been impressed by Brown's recent games especilly against Fulham.

also hear Berbatov is nursing an Injury so Tottenham's offense is not one to fear, their mid-field and defence may be a bit dicey but I'd say we'll blow em especially if our present wonder men (Ronni, Saha and GIGGSY) are having big go.

Arsenal would be a close call, but with the Big-mean scouse Kid we'd burn them

Celtic has been saved for last cuz its the same old walk-over story.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2006
@Nuggard

Do you think its worth failing tests because of your darling Man Utd, abeg o! read your book well well o!Rooney and Saha dey read dem own book and dem dey make money o! shocked grin

I have told you that the best Man Utd can get from those 3 games is 4 points, chikena! cheesy

Osama being a Gooner does not make a difference for we Gooners cos i even heard Shina Rambo the famous robber was a Man Utd diehard grin grin talk of robberies that reminds me of that daylight robbery on Spurs cool grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by egoldman(m): 3:19am On Sep 08, 2006
Jackal:

Never under-estimate Fergie's wisdom in choice of players.
United signed just one or 2 players and they are on top of the table.
I am a bit disappointed that we werent able to sign 3 quality players but the position on the league table kind of reassured me United meant business.
Lets watch and see what Fergie's old horses will do this season.

so after three games in the premiership ,u are convinved that fergie have done well ,wait untill our power packed gunners get you ass grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by lordimpaq(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2006
@egoldman

let them start first before u start whining,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2006
@Kitaun and any other "sympathizers" I just received my math paper. . . guess what, I did well+ (ope Jesu).

This has been my longest week and can't wait 4 2mrws game.Up United.

My formation.

Vds

Brown Rio

Neville Evra

O'Shea Carrick

Park Christiano*

Giggs

Saha.

I think Ronni should play on the left so we get dead balls from chimbonda, maybe he'll be sent off grin. Giggs has been brilliant playing off the striker and I think Evra has very decisive tackles, I rarely criticize Man U players but it was obvious Silvestre could not make up his mind if he was a Fuji dancer or a defender, his game against watford was acceptable only cuz he scored, the guy's marking was so loose.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2006
@ nuggard,
Tomorrow's match is very important in which Utd must take the maximum 3 points.
United must neutralise Spur's midfield and bang in the goals as quick as possible.

Van Der Sar

O'Shea       Ferdinand        Brown         Heinze

JS Park         Smith              Carrick          Ronaldo

Giggs

Saha

Sub Bench

Solskjaer
Richardson
Fletcher
Vidic
Kuczack
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nuggard(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2006
But Heinze isn't yet fit and throwing Smith in is too much of a gamble.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2006
Heinze is very fit.
I have seen him train a couple of times last week but i dont understand why Fergie is delaying his return back to the 1st team.
Smith is also rearing to go and add grit and steel into the midfield.
We all know smudgy gives 110% on the pitch and this is what United need against Edgar Davids and Didier Zokora.
I expect United to win 2-0 tomorrow anyways.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2006
tomorrow's match would be a real test for us. playing without scholes and rooney. smith not fully fit. our options upfront are kinda limited but we'll manage. if saha's form continues the way it is, we shouldn't have too much of a problem.

then the game against celtic, that should be a cracker since both teams play each other regularly but i'm sure united would come out tops. i hope we wont miss RVN in europe. ruud scored 8 goals in the group stages two seasons ago!!!!! and he was a top scorer contender even to the finalist even though united went out i the first round. wat an asset real has now.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Priscila(f): 7:31pm On Sep 08, 2006
man U fans!
what is this am hearing Rooney! rooney fought a premiership defender?
the man is a disaster but I like him anyway.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2006
Ronnie fell Michael Gray with only a punch, no wonder his babe had to go for Combat lessons shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2006
result tomorrow will be 1-1, jermaine defoe has been in good form with england, mido is back, and don't forget keane. their midfield is solid - zokora+davids will kill anything MU create, the only option is to go wide. at the back, with chimbonda now at spurs they are more solid than before also with ledley coming back. based on team sheet, spurs has the edge, based on prior performances MU has an edge, with that i predict a draw.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2006
http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1868558,00.html

whats going on here

cool GONNER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:15pm On Sep 09, 2006
The 5 fans protesting are probably fans that get erections for Ruud and Roy Keane.
Only 5 idiotic fans out of over 50 million fanbase all over the world is quite insignificant.
Ferguson gets booed every season and he relishes being criticised.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2006
Man Utd is on the roll.
4 wins in 4 matches is phenomenal.
GLORY GLORY UNITED.

I can't believe Arsenal is our next opponent.
Guess what? Rooney and Scholes will feature in that match as they have completed their respective bans.
Arsenal will lose again next weekend. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2006
My team might not be doing too well at the moment but really i don't fear Man Utd not with how senseless Saha played today! tongue

Nice game from Ronaldo though cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:25am On Sep 10, 2006
@ Kitaun,
The fear of United is the beginning of wisdom.
Don't forget United will have Wazza(Rooney) and Scholesy available against Arsenal.
The last team Arsenal wanna meet now is Man Utd cos it will be a basket of goals.

Ferguson has picked up Barclays manager of the month and Giggsy clinched Barclays player of the month.
Solskjaer and Smith might also be given a run come next weekend.
The Gunners are in trouble. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 3:53am On Sep 10, 2006
Jackal, Im sure you watched da United-Spurs match!! Whats happening to Saha!!?? Goshit, saha missed sitters which Frimpong woulda scored without battling an eye-lid. Though spurs are a formidable team, but we were at old trafford!!!. not to forget dat 'em gonners are now desperate for points. Can we sustain the tempo, the sunday match is gonna be the test of the season for us!!! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.