Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Typical Nigerian Behavior - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Typical Nigerian Behavior (20643 Views)

Some Superstitious Beliefs In A Typical Nigerian Traditional Society / 15 Signs That Confirm You’re A Typical Nigerian / This Is How A Typical Nigerian Married Couple Should Look Like Instead Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Typical Nigerian Behavior by naijadiva2(f): 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2006
always arguing with someone
never want to pay full price
getting loud for unnecessary reasons
always talking about someone behind their back
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by DaHitler(m): 9:20pm On Jul 10, 2006
Those are not so much Nigerian behaviors as they are low class behavior. I don't do anything like that. Well, I spread a bit of rumours when it serves my purpose. cool
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by shawna(f): 9:22pm On Jul 10, 2006
so afeni u r high class
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by DaHitler(m): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2006
Well-educated. Whatever that makes me is anyone's guess. tongue
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by naijadiva2(f): 9:24pm On Jul 10, 2006
i'm not saying that to disrespect anyone but we all know how nigerian people act like, whether high or low class.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by shawna(f): 9:27pm On Jul 10, 2006
yeah nigerians(am nigerian am not annoying  smiley ) can be annoying sometimes they gossip a lot
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by chinani(f): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2006
Never Want to Pay Full Price For Anything.

LMAO! Sounds like my mom. But you know, she has a tab at the local African Food Store (she pays it whenever) & it's spoiled her so she doesn't know why other stores don't do it. tongue I love her though, she's my Mum sha! grin
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by chukkya(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2006
[left][/left][color=#000099][/color]nigerians r creatures unpredictable dnt judge what u dnt understand cuz thatz whatz gonna crush u in the end. food for thot
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by mamaput(f): 8:15am On Jul 11, 2006
Hissing, never keeping to time,
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Eurphoria(f): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2006
these all make us who we are grin

Yes you got the haggling down, went to shop with my step mother and she haggled like mad and i just stood by the door of the shop embarassed and she looked over at me smiling and saying''daughter it's in the blood'' and she was only buying carpet.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Mystique(f): 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2006
Pricing to the barest minimum in the market

Wanting to get paid without working wink
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by shawna(f): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2006
always arguing
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Mystique(f): 11:26am On Jul 24, 2006
Eating corn & coconut grin
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by michy(f): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2006
A typical example is brushing the teeth with a chewing stick and spitting it out along the road.

It is common in most villages.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by michy(f): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2006
a typical example is brushing the teeth wit chewing stick along the road and spitting out along the road.
it is common in most villages
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Bosy(f): 11:56am On Jul 24, 2006
Answering question with question
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Shinor(m): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2006
@Bosy bawo lo se mo? How did you know? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Reverend(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2006
Sending 419 letters pretending to be Mariam Abacha!
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Panache(m): 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2006
While arguing with a West African friend in a lobby of a big corp about why Nigerians are distinct and proud of their origin, the elevator open and we joined about 4 other guys. The elevator opens on the 2nd floor:

New entrant: O'boy I dey 2nd floor, I dey go pent house go discuss that $1 million contract with the big dawgs
W/African Friend: charlie, na ur bros be dis o
Panache: Mute and fuming

The new entrant in 2 minutes was able to brag about his business and next shipment of hummer that I couldn't help how loud we are sometimes. The sweet things is that some brothers like us for been proud and confident. You can only ytake a brother out of Lagos, you can't take Lagos out of him
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by dafman(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2006
Reverend:

Hey Reverend that's not a typical Nigerian behaviour! that's a criminal behaviour
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by retro(f): 2:32pm On Jul 24, 2006
Reverend:

Lmfao! Or even the president's son. Hahaha!
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by spikedcylinder: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2006
These are the things that make us who we are.Its not annoying,its funny,its our way of coping with hardship and terrible economic situations.Every race has its characteristics-good and bad.Americans,French,English etc have a lot of those but of course we choose to ignore it because they are the high and mighty oyinbo people! angry

I'm definately proud of my price haggling skills!Am happy that i can argue my way out of situations,and i am definately proud to be a Nigerian and have Nigerian characteristics because if i dont understand and acknowledge their ways,who else will accept me?
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Mystique(f): 3:28pm On Jul 24, 2006
Laffing at jokes, even when they aint funny angry
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by asscend: 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2006
To find out the typical Naija behaviour, all u need to do is to go to the Nigerian High commission on North Tumberland Avenue or on Fleet street and see the staff in action.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Rhea(f): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2006
Typical Nigerian behaviours

Throwing out stuffs from moving cars
Jumping queues especially at the airport
Disobeying traffic lights
Spraying money at social gatherings
Fashion parade in church
Borrowing without ever paying back (bad debt)
Turning up late for every event (African time)
Fixing appointments that can never be met (popular with arisans-tailors, mechanics etc)
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by hotangel2(f): 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2006
DAMN I love Nigerians!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by naijadiva2(f): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2006
who could hate us? wink
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by retro(f): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2006
naija_diva:

who could hate us? wink

Me.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by naijadiva2(f): 4:30pm On Jul 24, 2006
girl you just playinig. i know you love us nigerians.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by Damest09(f): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2006
All those typical behaviors makes us so much special and makes us who we are, the behaviors are valuable and comes in handy for us in need of them.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by retro(f): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2006
naija_diva:

girl you just playinig. i know you love us nigerians.

Of course. I'm a Nigerian.
Re: Typical Nigerian Behavior by shockreaction(m): 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2006
This is one of the worst cases of stereotyping I've ever seen. Naija_diva, I hate to disappoint, but I'm nothing like what you just listed in your original post. Do we understand each other? Good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Tribe In Nigeria Speaks The Best English. / Igbos Of SS/SE Nigeria / Is Traditional Marriage Complete Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.