Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

What Can One Naira Buy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Can One Naira Buy? (4669 Views)

Dear Nairalanders, What Can You Buy With One Naira? / What Can 50k Naira Buy And Sell In The Market For Profit? / How To Promote Your Business Effectively Without Spending One Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can One Naira Buy? by spacenutt(f): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2006
Hi,

I'm about to give a presentation on missionaries in Nigeria to some kids in my church later today & it just occured to me that it might help if I told the kids what N1 could buy compared to the value of the dollar. Could anyone here assist me? If N1 is too small in value how about N5?

Thanks a million!!
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by naijadiva2(f): 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2006
that can't buy you anything. what you gonna buy, another N1
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by bluenubian(f): 1:14pm On Jul 14, 2006
u can buy kulikuli grin
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by diddy4(m): 12:00am On Jul 15, 2006
pinch of salt. the person will even give it to you for free so u still get to keep the N1.
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by hotangel2(f): 2:54am On Jul 15, 2006
diddy4:

pinch of salt. the person will even give it to you for free so u still get to keep the N1.

u r crazy.

I would say 1 naira can buy gum. But i remeber that, while i was still in NIgeria. Gum became 3 for 5 naira.

1 naira can buy u, ermm Nothing. Because even buttermint and tom-tom is 2 for 5 naira.(that is if they both aren's now 1 for 5 naira.).

1 Naira can do nada.
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by bluenubian(f): 4:01am On Jul 15, 2006
babadudu grin grin grin
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by spacenutt(f): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2006
Thanks everyone for the input. Gave me a bit to tell the kids!
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by Ka: 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2006
Of course 1 naira can still buy you stuff.

What you do is this: Find 19 other people who have one naira each. Pool your resources to buy 20 naira worth of groundnuts. Share the purchased groundnuts into 20 equal parts. I'm sure you'll end up with a few nuts.

And to those who think 1 naira can't do anything, well try buying a computer advertised at N80,000 for N79,999 and see what reaction you get. . .
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by Mystique(f): 3:19pm On Jul 24, 2006
It can buy one fifth a satchet of pure water grin
Re: What Can One Naira Buy? by Nosu(m): 2:05am On Jul 26, 2006
hello, are u in Nigeria, don't u know that 1 naira isn't existing again, the lowest currency is not N5 which at least buy them a pencil.
what really do u want to teach them. is it the important of money or what N1 can buy?

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With 300k In Abuja / Loans Without Credit Check / How Much Is Bag Of Rice In Cotonou?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.