Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:51 AM

Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! (1700 Views)

Obama Vs Romney: US Presidential Debate On Tuesday October 23 2012 / Obama Vs Romney: U.S. Presidential Debate On 16th October 2012 / Obama Vs Romney : US Presidential Debate On October 4 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by SeanT21(f): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
As we all know the first debate between Barrack Obama and John McCain will be on Friday.

I can not wait. I have a feeling that Barrack is going to kill McCain verbally.

What are Your thoughts?
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
Obama should handily defeat McBush in the debates.

Do you know if Biden would be given a chance to debate devour that Tina Fey look-alike?
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by Ibime(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2008
McCain will kill Obama in the debates. Take my word for it. McCain is really quick on his feet when it comes to one-on-ones. Obama is no match for McCain's quick wittedness.

Meanwhile I am hearing that the Republicans have censored the Vice Presidential debate. They obviously know that Biden will kill Palin.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by kaypumpin2(m): 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2008
Meanwhile I am hearing that the Republicans have censored the Vice Presidential debate. They obviously know that Biden will kill Palin.

meaning no vice presidential debate??

Also can u feel me in wen the debate come up pls,and wil either of CNN or Fox news show it
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by Ibime(m): 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
kay_pumpin:

There will be a debate. This is what I mean:

The McCain campaign has insisted that the Thursday, October 2 debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees. With this format there will be much less occasion for impromptu direct exchanges between Palin and Biden.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

The bickering and power struggle was chiefly between the McCain-Palin camp and the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates which is sponsoring the forums.

Commission members wanted a relaxed format that included time for follow-up questioning and challenges between the vice-presidential candidates. Last week, the Commission rejected a proposal from advisers to Palin and McCain for few if any free flowing or flexible interactions. Advisers to Biden say they were comfortable with either format.

A commission member said that the new agreement on the vice-presidential debate was reached late morning Saturday. It calls for shorter blocks of candidate statements and open discussion than at the presidential debates.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by omoge(f): 9:17pm On Sep 24, 2008
no more debate for now, TFN

This MC self na waya. i am wondering what his face and that of Obame will do in Washington.
this is all games to me.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by omoge(f): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2008
Obama says no to MC delay in debate request, kiss
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2008
Ibime:

McCain will kill Obama in the debates. Take my word for it. McCain is really quick on his feet when it comes to one-on-ones. Obama is no match for McCain's quick wittedness.

Quick wittedness can never be a substitute for real substance and knowledge of the issues. John McCain may have verbal wit but nobody will be in a hurry to accord him intellectual wit - these are two separate issues.

Obama will smolder McCain on the issues. McCain will have to really on evasive tactics to avoid nitty-gritty issues. My money is on Barack!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:25pm On Sep 24, 2008
[size=16pt]Bailout: McCain wants to delay presidential debate[/size]

Sen. John McCain wants to delay Friday's presidential debate with Sen. Barack Obama so they can focus on the credit crisis that is threatening the U.S. economy.

In a speech that he's due to give today in New York, McCain says he doesn't believe Congress will pass the Bush administration's $700 billion bailout proposal.

"I am calling on the president to convene a meeting with the leadership from both houses of Congress, including Senator Obama and myself. It is time for both parties to come together to solve this problem," the Republican nominee says in a speech distributed by his campaign. "We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats or Republicans, and we must meet until this crisis is resolved. I am directing my campaign to work with the Obama campaign and the commission on presidential debates to delay Friday night’s debate until we have taken action to address this crisis."
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
Can someone explain to me what is going through McBush's mind?
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by SeanT21(f): 10:37pm On Sep 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Can someone explain to me what is going through McBush's mind?

He is afraid thats all. He should be.

All He is going to be saying is that I am a POW blah,blah,blah. Vote for me becasue I fought for my country.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by SeanT21(f): 10:38pm On Sep 24, 2008
RichyBlacK:

Obama should handily defeat McBush in the debates.

Do you know if Biden would be given a chance to debate devour that Tina Fey look-alike?

Yes, The VP debates will be later on this month or next month.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by SeanT21(f): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
kay_pumpin:

Also can You feel me in when the debate come up please,and wil either of CNN or Fox news show it

there will be.Catch all the debates on CNN!!!

CNN= Politics!!!!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by BigB11(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2008
It has been confirmed that once again Sen John McCain is trying to pull a fast one. Due to the current economic crisis in USA,  the chicken-man (McCain) is currently intending to postpone the Friday's debate.

Enough is enough, Americans are sick and tired of all this meaningless republicans' tricks.
The blankman (McCain) needs to come out on Friday and make fool of himself once again.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by omoge(f): 11:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
so MC wont attend debate if no bailout by friday smiley
that a new one.

what concerns MC with the bailout at this time?

Kobo over to you and Obama for debate.

McCain is a sly and sleek game player. so that's what he learnt at Anapolis right cool
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2008
Obama go deck McBush! grin

Na tomorrow o!

Who no know go know, who no sabi go sabi!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by McKren(m): 11:23pm On Sep 25, 2008
I hope Obama is concise and straight to the point

He should stop drawing analogies before he makes every single point, that is not very helpful sometimes during debates

However I believe he has a chance since its a head to head debate, because each candidate has more time to make their point.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by davidylan4(m): 3:16am On Sep 27, 2008
the debate is on . . . McCain is firing on all cylinders! grin
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by davidylan4(m): 3:18am On Sep 27, 2008
McCain is being extremely rude . . . Christ!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by davidylan4(m): 3:37am On Sep 27, 2008
infact na wa o. If this was a boxing fight each man came out looking seriously pummeled.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 3:58am On Sep 27, 2008
davidylan*:

Very rude old man!

Obama was being a tad too nice to that old hag! I wish he gave him more jabs angry.

McCain is a disgrace to all grandpas!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by RichyBlacK(m): 4:04am On Sep 27, 2008
We'll see the latest polls next week, though I believe most independents will move towards Obama. grin
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by plusQueen: 4:05am On Sep 27, 2008
Obama was just too polite.
MCcain was very rude,very condescending,extremely grumpy never for once made an eye contact.
He told so many lies and had them all in lipsticks,I lost count and thank God Obama caught him in all of them.

Couldn't even pronounce the name of Pakistani president.

Obama should have capitalized on the Iraq spending that McCain was for and tied those billions soon to be a trillion to what's happening in our economy.
I believe he missed that golden opportunity.
He should have said it as many times as McCain mentioned General Petreas.
He was being too respectful which may not be what he needs at this critical juncture.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by bawomolo(m): 4:06am On Sep 27, 2008
seems like a draw. none of them really excelled or captivated the crowd. it's funny how McCain was trying to associate with veterans, the benefits of which he voted to cut off.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by CodeRED(f): 4:09am On Sep 27, 2008
Mc Cain just showed America how hostile he is. Such a grumpy old man smiley.He was so rude and disrespectful. I think Obama did very well, although I would have personally prefer him taking more shots at Mc Grumpy regarding his likeness , in terms of leadership style, to that of Baby Bush.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by McKren(m): 4:09am On Sep 27, 2008
Obama was too respectful

When McCain said he was inexperienced to be President, I thought he will respond with John McCain being to erratic to be President

I was also disappointed that Obama did not point out that McCain voted to cut Benefit for Veterans when McCain talked about how he will take care of Veterans.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by TayoD1(m): 4:17am On Sep 27, 2008
@Davidylan,

My guy, are you talking about the same debate we just saw. If anyone was rude, it was Obama. See how he was just calling hin granpapa age-mate by name. Meanwhile, McCain gave him the courtesy of refering to hims as Senator Obama. And despite all the personal attacks by Obama, McCain wasn't moved at all but kept to the point.

I am sure you are dissapointed that the one you considered the lion (Obama), was thoroughly devoured by the lamb (McCain). Obama would be wishing he had never insisted on the debate tonight.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by plusQueen: 4:19am On Sep 27, 2008
CodeRED:

Mc Cain just showed America how hostile he is. Such a grumpy old man smiley.He was so rude and disrespectful. I think Obama did very well, although I would have personally prefer him taking more shots at Mc Grumpy regarding his likeness , in terms of leadership style, to that of Baby Bush.

The analysts right now are saying the same thing we're saying.
He needs to tie this failing economy to Bush and McCain with a cord that cannot be broken.
He should portray them as siamese twins and not agree with MCCain's point like he did tonight.
Obama obviously made excellent points but McCain kept the acknowledgements to himself like the senior citizen he is.
Obama has to stop the "respect" thing.
This is war!

Well this is the first debate.
The pundits say it was a draw,we don't need draws.
We need aknock out!
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by TayoD1(m): 4:21am On Sep 27, 2008
@Mckren,

I was also disappointed that Obama did not point out that McCain voted to cut Benefit for Veterans when McCain talked about how he will take care of Veterans.
Obama did not point that out because it will bring out a response from McCain. Do you know why McCain was agianst the last Bill?

@bamolowo,

seems like a draw. none of them really excelled or captivated the crowd.
The crowd was advised to be quiet throughout. That explains the silence. the fact that you consider it a draw shows that McCain won hands down. Afterall, everyone was expecting a killing. Even when they talked about the economy, McCain showed a better understanding of the issue than Obama, and he pointed to each man's record to butress his point about spending.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by plusQueen: 4:23am On Sep 27, 2008
Tayo-D:

@Davidylan,
My guy, are you talking about the same debate we just saw. If anyone was rude, it was Obama. See how he was just calling hin granpapa age-mate by name. Meanwhile, McCain gave him the courtesy of refering to hims as Senator Obama. And despite all the personal attacks by Obama, McCain wasn't moved at all but kept to the point.

I am sure you are dissapointed that the one you considered the lion (Obama), was thoroughly devoured by the lamb (McCain). Obama would be wishing he had never insisted on the debate tonight.

Okay he called him by the name his parents gave him,big deal!

what do you say about an old man that tells blatant lies?
twisted statements,told half truths and was caught in them all.
Yes he had his senior citizen moments albeit in a condescending ,I -know -Petreas- you -don't,I -dine -with- kissinger- you don't- sort of way.
Going into a war that's costing us billions is sa strong point.
Voting over 90% with Bush is a strong point.
Obama ought to say it louder and more frequently.
MCCain is a war monger and it's obvious.
Americans should be fools to continue Bush's reign for another 4 years.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by plusQueen: 4:32am On Sep 27, 2008
All the viewer polls from all the major networks so far show that Obama won by double digits.
That's not even enough for me
He needs knock out punches.
It'll be clearer tomorrow.
Re: Countdown To The First Presidential Debate On Friday! by TayoD1(m): 4:35am On Sep 27, 2008
@plus_Queen,

Okay he called him by the name his parents gave him,big deal!
He did that not just once, but consistently even when McCain was refering to him as Snator. This shows nothing but arrogance. It was the same arrogance he's had all along that has kept him in trouble with rural America and Palin.

what do you say about an old man that tells blatant lies?
Please list the lies.

t
wisted statements,told half truths and was caught in them all.
Why don't you list them.

Yes he had his senior citizen moments albeit in a condescending ,I -know -Petreas- you -don't,I -dine -with- kissinger- you don't- sort of way.
He was just stressing his experience and dwelling on his strong point. Obama on the other hand, didn't have one strong point.

Going into a war that's costing us billions is sa strong point.
Like McCain said, the next President is not going to undo the decision of going to war in Iraq, but will have ot handle how the war is fought. So far, McCain has shown better judgement on that.

Voting over 90% with Bush is a strong point.
Obama voted almost 50% with Bush and Biden voted over 50% with Bush. Your point?

Obama ought to say it louder and more frequently.
Unfortunately, he didn't have his teleprompter at the debate.  grin

MCCain is a war monger and it's obvious.
He shared his record during the debate. You seriously believe this?

Americans should be fools to continue Bush's reign for another 4 years.
Of course, those who disagree with you are fools.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nude Woman Boards Chicago Train, Slaps Passengers & Announces She's A Goddess .. / Syria - Details Of The Battle Between US And Russia / U.S. Pentagon Are “in Charge” Of The War In Ukraine Says French Journalist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.