Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? (16507 Views)

Between Master's Degree And Professional Course / Nipr / Beec Exam Training In Surulere / Need Your Assistant ! Motivation Letter For Admission Into Master’s Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by sabro(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2008
I would be grateful if I can get a good response from the audience regarding my next move in my career in public relations. I already have a chartered diploma in public relations under the auspices of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR). With this, I can proceed and study my Masters in Communication Studies at LASU, or Master in Public Relations at UNN or possibly MBA in Public Relations at ESUT Business School. I also have a diploma in mass communication from the university of lagos, and I am a gifted writer.

But my fear is that in Nigeria high priority is given to first degree holders. However, I have the practical experience needed in my field. I would like to get an advice from those who really understand my dilemma, and also on what I am seeking advice on. Not just any advice from anybody. If I do my postgraduate programme, how demanding am I in the Nigerian labour market? Please help.

Yours Sabro.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by viceb: 1:22am On Sep 25, 2008
why do u want to miss d first degree?
Diploma is diploma.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 1:54pm On Dec 16, 2008
Hi, i am presently running the diploma program and will be charttered by June, i work with Zenith bank as an IT officer and will be doing my MBA in ESUT, as long as you know what you want, its all easy, my advice is go for your masters and pursue your first degree part time, in that way you will be finishing about the same time if you are capable.

I'll be finishing my PGD in Unilag by January and i'm running my Bsc with National Open University in Computer Science, and presently i have a Diploma from Uniben in Computer Engineering and all these i am doing together all at once. I am a Microsoft Certified Professional MCP/MCSE so you see with my professionalism i could get into the banking IT world but i'll be better off than every other graduate that has been working for years with no time for improvement when i'm done with my MBA, PGD in management and my first degree on the long run.

Wel this is just my view, if you have an MBA of course what it means is that your NIPR charttered Diploma i sequivalent to first degree if not no University will admit you into MBA programme of all not even PGD.

Can we meet?

Andrew Ohio
andrew.ohiorenoya@zenithbank.com
01-2782724

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Idagu(m): 12:27pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hello,

I subscribe to the advice by Andrew Ohio.

I usually advice my students who do not have a first degree to go ahead and get a PGD or Masters in related courses. This will boost your propensity of getting a good job. You can thereafter proceed to do whether a part-time or full time programme for a first degree(which ever is convinient for you).

The issue is not all about having a first degree, it is building a career line that would be rewarding.

I have a colleague that started with NIPR after S.S.C.E, proceeded to do  Mass comm from Ambrose Ali University (started in 300 level), rounded up and is pursuing an MBA now in University of Calabar. Note that while dong all this, he had a good job standing.

My Advice

Go ahead for a PGD or Masters (if you have 2years post certificate expereince as required for a master), get a good job and run your first degree at your convinience( afterall it is easier when you have good financial standing).

Cheers.

Idagu D.
pes-ng.com
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
Hi All,

I am a career person and belief in the earlier the better, i'm glad a few persons understand that there are no one method to successful in life as long as the basic rules are observed; hardwork, determination and deligience.

Idagu, thanks for encouraging us all. I hope to be a management staff in the next few years, 3yrsmaximum and i'm working at it. You lecture? i am in the banking industry hoping for the oil industry soon enough. I am looking forward to having likeminds as friends, those who belieif in nothing but success

Do Enjoy your day

Andrew Ohi
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Idagu(m): 11:50am On Jan 13, 2009
Hello Andrew

Only if more people know this, ignorance will be reduced to barest.

Yes I prepare students for NIPR professional Exams.

I wish you a sucessful career growth, while you keep focus.

My contacts:
idagu_david@yahoo.com

Have a fulfilled day.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by bumzy4u: 11:52am On Nov 02, 2009
@IDAGU PLEASE CAN I GET PAST QUESTION FROM YOU
TO BE ABLE TO PREPARE FOR THIS COMING EXAM.
THANK YOU

IS THERE ANY LECTURE CENTRE ON THE ISLAND?
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2009
Please I work as a registered surveyor and I run a personal real estate office.
Attending lectures would extremely difficult, but I can make do with materials.
Please can you give me some hints about books I can read, and are there past questions to go through?
Please let me know.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2009
Hi all,

I am back with my PR practice view, you must know that nothing is impossible and with the power of Integrated Marketing Communication, you can achieve the impossible. Market yourself, believe in yourself and go for it, you will be valued.

I just concluded my PR Diploma certification and already i have a confirmed admisiion letter from the University of East London to study M.Sc. International Business Management (ID 0952227), also Masters in Communication Arts University of Ibadan, it's just knowing what you want and going for it.

I am also presently working hard to practice PR in a well organized PR firm, and Africa Practice R&B is certainly one, i am most certain i will do PR practitioners proud when i start with AP. My application is beign given attention as against the new financial year, more to come by March/April, watch out.

"PR mediating us and the publics"

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hi All,

Good to know we are all on the same page. I have a degree in Economics and a Diploma in PR courtesy NIPR.
The Diploma has really boosted my chances in most interviews I have attended in my professional life. In fact, it was a wise decision to have embarked on it in the first place.

I am currently running a programme in the University of Liverpool (M.Sc International Management) and also about commencing an MBA from ESUT in Nigeria. Admission into this schools were stress free for me. I am presently managing a department in one leading indigenous restaurants in Nigeria.

Cheers,
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 12:32pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hi Keneking,

Good to know you at this point, for me it's the best thing ongoing, i have a greater foresight and i think i'll like to carry you along as well as i need your guidance. The ESUT MBA is my first choice but i could not get a link to their site for all neede info, but i guess it's easier now with you, i have a lot of question for you shall i start?

What is the total cost of the MBA program
where will you recieve lecture (full time or part-time)?
Are you now a GNIPR member or which?
Can you give us/me a step by step process to the MBA program in ESUT?

I really need your guide in all of these, i will alert you of top 10 best PR outfit as soon as the new financial year starts.

Andrew Ohio
Andrew
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2009
Hi,

Keneking, are you still online? the beep shows you are but i haven't read from you, do you want to mail me? andrew.ohiorenoya@zenithbank.com.

Thanks
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Idagu(m): 4:17pm On Jan 14, 2010
Hello Andrew,

Quite some time! Nice to know you have rounded up your Diploma with NIPR. Congratulations.

Since you intend to build a career in PR, I will advise that you proceed to do the APCON exams. It will serve as a boost, especially if you have an entrepreneurial mind and would want to set up a PR firm. With the APCON certification, you will have no hitches trying out your creativity.

Have a nice day.

Idagu
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2010
Thanks Idagu,

I should be starting my Masters in Communication Arts at UI next, but it won't be a bad idea to combine both seeing that the course won't start till February 2011.

Can you please give me a break down of detailed information needed to complete this. I will be needing you a lot as i pursue a career in PR. A PR firm in US will be admitting me for an intership september so i can have experience before moving out. I shall be glad if you can sed the details in good time to allow me plan ahead.

Many thanks to ImaeIT (Yimika) for his invaluable assistance during the period of my exams. I appreciate everyone and will keep in touch as i climb the lader of PR professional practice.

Enjoy

Expecting

Andre Ohio

Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 10:18am On Jan 15, 2010
Hi Kene king,

I see you are online now, you have not responded to my last update yet, do you want to do that now? ESUTH Lagos address seems to be dificult to find could you upload for us all in addition to my request.

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Idagu(m): 12:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
Andrew, Could you pls make clear which detailed information you need. Is on the UI masters or in regards to build a PR career.

Regards
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi Idagu,

The APCON certification i mean
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Organmii: 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi,
pls can anybody advice me, iam a graduate of industrial design ceramics option, My father advice me to go for masters aboard which is very good, but my problem is that:
1. I dont know what course to do because i dont want to do ceramics in my masters level
2. Which country will i go, the problem i have with that is i want where i'll be able to work as a student.
3. Did anybody know any agent which can be of any help.

Thanks
organmii
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 2:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
Hi Organmii,

Firstly you don't need an agent, all you need is internet connectivity. I also see you don't have a make up mind, to get anything going well at all, you must know what you want, what height you want to attain and what your passion is, it is after this that anyone for that matter can advice you on what to do and the way forward.

Try and look inside, then let us know what your passion is, i'll give you list of schools you will contact and you'll have your offer letter and all you need to school abroad.

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Organmii: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2010
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, i really appreciate your effort in saving many people's problem. Is not that i dont know what to do, but the problem is that i dont want to do any PGD, iam thinking of doing material science eng. In my masters level. I ve my degree from FUTA Akure in the department of industrial design. Which of the country do you think it will b better for me to do my master? And plz hw will i go about it.

Thanks
organmii
08038324219[color=][/color]
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 6:55am On Jan 18, 2010
Organmii,

Just hold on a while, i'll give you a couple of list that will do you just fine with reasons and proceedures.

Enjoy the week.

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Organmii: 8:20am On Jan 21, 2010
Andrew Ohio,
Hi, thank you for all your advice, you always give people like me hope whenever you advice us. You promise to send me a list, plz im still waiting for the list. I will like to start all processing during my NYSC period. Looking forward to read from you.

Thanks
Organmii
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2010
Morning,

just busy, here are two main school i can strongly recommend and guide you throgh.

University of East London admissions.international@uel.ac.uk

University of Aberden University of Aberdeen [sras@abdn.ac.uk]

mail this addresses and you'l get response to your questions and the processes can start, start processing your transcript if you intend making it snappy.

Get back soon.

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2010
Hi all,

This is good news for those who had been persistent on getting ESUT address in Lagos. I lost the contact as i opted for UI Masters in Communication Art. ESUT Lagos office is situated in

Lagoon Avenue
Osborne Foreshore Estate
Ikoyi
Lagos

The exact house/office number will be commuicated ASAP.

Enjoy and all the best as we await the result of the next generation of Public Relations Professionals

"PR Mediating us and our Publics, "
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Good day all,

I suppose no much news around, well here's the info i have for colleagues wishing to pursue courses in ESUT.

Please find useful contacts (Mr VICTOR) and information for your use in the link below:

https://acrobat.com/#d=SKSrQz7SttrNBy6PY-Eylg

&

https://acrobat.com/#d=hZbZ0UVffwocylog*oXc6Q

respectively.

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:26am On Feb 12, 2010
I am interested in obtaining a Diploma  in PR too from the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR). I have HND in Secretarial Studies and more than 4 years experience as a Personal Secretary.  I am presently in Ibadan.  How do I go about it and what is the financial implications?  Do they have office(s) in Ibadan?  Anybody with vital information on how I can go about this should let me know.  ayokemi2003@yahoo.com is my e-mail.

Thanks.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 11:40am On Feb 12, 2010
Hi Kemi,

It's good to know you are interested and moreso you are based in Ibadan. I wrote my last exam off lagos Oweri to be precised, probably there might be a center in Ibadan as i can't remember all the centers but you can get that information from the e-mail and phone no below. As per the cost, if you are studying on your own it won't cost you beyond =N= 37, 000 all together (3stages), but if you decide to opt for lectures find the attched document and e-mail useful for materials and others.

beectraining@gmail.com

Also go through the attached document for informed decision.

Do feel free to contact me at any point in time.

I sent this note to your mail as well as on Nairaland.

Good day,

This is to inform students intending to register as a student member of NIPR that registration has begun at the National Secretariat No 28 Ajanaku street, Opebi-Ikeja.

Also note that NIPR exams/stages are no longer divided or called Certificate and Diploma stages again. It is now called
Professional I,
Professional II and
Professional III.

This change however, does not affect the course content and syllable.

There has also been a slight increase in the course registration fees which took effect from the last Nov/Dec 2009 diet. Find below the breakdown of the old and new fees:

OLD FEES NEW FEES
Student membership Registration – N5000 N5000 (unchanged)

Course registration

Professional I – N2000 (per course of five courses) N2500
Professional II N2000 (per course of five courses) N2500

Professional III - N2500 (per course of five courses) N3000

Exam fee - N1500 N2500

Note that both the course registration and payment for exam fees are done one-month prior to the exam period.

LECTURE REGISTRATION AND FEES:

Normal fees Discount Package
( For Serving Youth Corpers and SSCE Holders.)

Registration – N3000 N3000
Professional I – N30, 000 N20,000
Professional II - N35, 000 N20,000
Profession III - N40, 000 N30,000

Cost for study materials is inclusive in lecture fees.

Note that students that make payment of lecture registration fee – N3000 BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY, and make payment of lecture fees ON OR BEFORE THE 12TH FEBRUARY, will also enjoy the Discount Package

Lectures for the June/July 2010 diet begins in FEBRUARY.

For further information, contact the Regional Programme Coordinator on 07042297243 or 08058586158, or visit the following state coordinating offices:

Lagos office: Caleb Educational Institute, 3b Aladelola Street Opp Mr. Biggs, Ikosi Road-Ketu.

Abuja office: Public Relations Department, Nigerian Customs HQ, Wuse Zone 3

Ogun state office: Firstgate Academy, Ahola B/stop, Mowe

Accept my warmest regard.

Idagu David
For Professional Exams Solutions.

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio

Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 12:05pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hi all, the second link is this

https://acrobat.com/#d=hZbZ0UVffwocylog*oXc6Q

sorry for any incoviniences.

PR Mediating Us and Our Publics

Andrew Ohio
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2010
cool
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2010
Thanks for your prompt reply joycedada.  Help me find out if any of there branches is in Ibadan.
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by FunmyKemmy(f): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2010
@ all

How can someone living and working in Ibadan, Oyo State go about having diploma in NIPR pls?
Re: Nipr Diploma For Master Degree? by joycedada: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2010
Hi all,

it's good to be back and this time with a congratulatory message to all who made it in the last BEEC PR Diploma exams, as at now we are Graduate Member of NIPR and other related bodis such as NIM, and others.

The race for MBA/M.Sc begins, Enjoy your time, as for us we are going strait into departments of Public Affairs, Government & Policies of multinatinals! care to join?

come along ,

Enjoy

Andrew Ohio

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate / Employer Drags 2 Hungry Staff To Court For Stealing Loaves Of Bread Worth N2,600 / Is Marine Engineering A Good Course Espectially In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.