Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Canada Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visa (3836 Views)

Link For Canada Visa / I Want Canada Visa Me And My Wife / Ten Year Uk Re-entry Ban: Will It Affect Us/canada Visa Applications? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Visa by jacq(f): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2008
I would like to visit canada / work

not really sure yet,maybe i will go next year for a two weeks vacation as a tourist.

is it easier to get a visa to visit canada as a tourist or better yet i better apply for a working visa (nursing job) for six months i just need to travel to experience other parts of the world.

As a nigeria living in europe with permit/nationality will it be more difficult to get a visa ? or is it better to apply for it from Nigeria
Re: Canada Visa by Ezinwannem: 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
It will be easier 4 u 4rom Europe
Re: Canada Visa by Tats(m): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2008
The fact that you live in Europe makes no difference to the Canadian embassy. Prove your STRONG TIES to the country in Europe where you reside and they will give you visa. Otherwise, you will be met with a refusal. Ties include Job, Mortgage, Family, e.t.c and your proof must be a combination of some of these ties and not just one.
Re: Canada Visa by abmart: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2008
it is more advicable to apply from Europe
Re: Canada Visa by Ezinwannem: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2008
@tats, it makes a huge difference that she lives in Europe, I have nva heard ofsum1 dat applied 4rom developed country that got denied, even Int. students gets up to 10 yrs visiting visa
Re: Canada Visa by K2: 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2008
I agree with Ezinwannem. The fact that you have a permit to reside in Europe hopefully in an EU country is a huge difference. Forget about the ties stuff. As long as you have a job and could return to your base, I don't forsee any problem getting a Visa as a tourist. The working Visa though might be additional legwork. Also, you might want to check up on the Canadian embassy website. It might surprise you that you might end up not actually not needing a visa.
Re: Canada Visa by Tats(m): 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2008
K2:

I agree with Ezinwannem. The fact that you have a permit to reside in Europe hopefully in an EU country is a huge difference. Forget about the ties stuff. As long as you have a job and could return to your base, I don't forsee any problem getting a Visa as a tourist. The working Visa though might be additional legwork. Also, you might want to check up on the Canadian embassy website. It might surprise you that you might end up not actually not needing a visa.

I guess you and @Ezinwannem do not need a visa to visit Canada otherwise I would have said that a trial will convince you if you live in Europe. You need to hear more about people who have been denied visas. Living in Europe is not a credential for getting a visa. Yes, the Canadians do issue visas to Nigerians but you need to meet their requirements as they deem fit not as you think fit. You are probably only treated with more respect as you live in Europe, but it does not greatly influence your application or guarantee you a visa. The US embassy appear to be better in issuing visas if you meet the basic requirements and reside here.

As for the section of your post I put in bold, apart from West African Countries, how many countries are left in this world that a Nigerian does not require visa to visit (even with residencies of European and North America Countries)? I don't think they are up to 5 such countries.
Re: Canada Visa by jacq(f): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
I went to the canada immigration site and i found out i could stay up to 3 or 6 months i think without visa
so that is something.(due to belguim nationality)
Maybe a working visa is something i have to look into.
Re: Canada Visa by Tats(m): 11:32pm On Sep 29, 2008
jacq:

I went to the canada immigration site and i found out i could stay up to 3 or 6 months i think without visa
so that is something.(due to belguim nationality) Maybe a working visa is something i have to look into.

You could apply for it. The experience will be worthwhile if you go to Canada.
Perhaps you speak French and Quebec should suit you fine.
Re: Canada Visa by Ezinwannem: 3:13am On Sep 30, 2008
If you speak French and come to Ontario say Toronto, Job is waiting for you cuz they need bilingual people, good luck

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Underwater Hotel In The World(number 5 Will Shock You) / Info On Barbados Travel(visa Free To Nigerians) / Does U.S. Accept Nigerian WAEC Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.