Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. (12406 Views)

See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Tobby Onyekele Murdered In A Pool Of Blood By Hired Assassins s(pictured) / Over 20 Students Murdered In Mubi Adamawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by morpheus24: 1:45pm On Oct 09, 2008
Mpele:

Sad! He must rest in peace embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ode oshi, are you forcing him to rest in peace?

4 every nigerian killed on this planet 10 more are born and groomed to take over the ones who passed so console your souls my brothers/sisters. 150+ million strong.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Mpele(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2008
@ Morpheus
Pls don't start with me self-servicer!!! This is not about your greesy a$#@#**.

The guy must rest in peace, fully knowing that he played his part in this cruel world. May the good God bless his soul. embarassed embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by webmercials: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2008
Thanks for sharing.

I do regret the sad incidence but if you were here in South East Asia to see what Nigerians do, you'd understand that even the Nigerian government will not be listened to. No matter how hard we try here to re-build our reputation, there are just some people who will never stop upholding: 'anything for the money', 'Nothing go happen' and all these kinds of mindsets. I have lived in Malaysia, Singapore, China and Thailand and the best I can say is: Chinese people have absolutely nothing against us as a people. In fact, they are the most humble, tolerant, peaceful and warm people I've ever experienced anywhere in the world. I completely agree with Nuzo that they still give us a VIP treatment here.

If you witness how Nigerians are treated in Malaysia, Singapore and even Indonesia, you'll know that China is the least racist country in Asia. Yes, things happen to Nigerians. some have been killed in Malaysia,  we put up a legal fight for others who were suspected of murder and arrested without evidence. The Nigerian high commission in Malaysia is like an average man's residence (in architecture and surrounding) and almost unreliable when things like this happen. Everyday you see the word "Nigeria" or "Nigerian" on the headlines, be ready for the unpleasant contents. e.g

2 Nigerian students found dead in malaysia, Iwuchukwu Amara Tochi Executed In Singapore for Heroine trafficking, etc

I advice legal Nigerians who come to Asia, to conform to a humble spirit. e.g: The cops ask you for your passport, that doesn't mean they are racists. Just smile and show it to them. But of course a Nigerian will ask on top of his voice: "why do you want to see my passport?", "are you calling me a criminal?" and all unnecessary ways to handle simple issues just as you'd expect of a typical Nigerian. Be careful of which Nigerians you mingle with, respect yourself and others and you'll not have any problems with Chinese and other asians, because these people have far less brutal instincts than an average Nigerian does,  And they're most likely to fear / respect us than otherwise. As for those who come for illegal activities, I hope they someday understand that the money, efforts and time they expend to be here is enough to fetch them something far worth the while in Naija.

Be reminded that the Nigerian government is only powerful at home hence the saying: "A dog is a lion in his house". Out here, the government cannot help you. forget about "Giant of Africa", "Oil" and whatever reason(s) would make you believe you can get away with crime. No one knows anything glorious about Nigeria / Africa out here. Make sure your pursuits are legal, Portray good human courtesy and you'll be well treated wherever you go regardless of where you're from. After all, being nice to people does not mean being a coward + it goes a longer way repairing Nigeria's reputation than holding demonstrations. Finally, I hope we can learn from others' experiences. I deeply regret his death. RIP. God bless

Thanks again for sharing.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Mpele(m): 10:52am On Oct 10, 2008
@ Webmercials

Oh lord! Thanks for this honest dude! Webmercials you've spelled it out. I'm the most hated person in this forum, because of the fact that Nigerians don't want to hear the truths about them. For the fact that you say Nigerians when they're asked for passports, they make it a big thing! They'll accuse you of being racist or xenophobic. The fact that they're alsways stories of Nigerians being killed or detained all over the world is the fact that they don't humble themselves when they're in foreign countries. They behave as if they own the place.

A typical example is here in South Africa. They're always arrested for drug dealing and possesion of stolen goods. When they're arrested they'll tell the police that they're xenophobic and racist. It was reported last time that the South African police are amongst the most brutal in the world. For the fact that we have white Afrikaaner police, who most of them are aggressive make it seems as if they're racist.

The crux of the matter here is that Nigerians must learn to behave when they're in foreign countries. They must stop behaving as if they own the world. I've said it in this forum that other people will jeolously guard their countries and don't like it when foreigners act brash.

Nigerians don't behave, when you tell them they'll always try to justify this by sayin that they're naturally arrogant and brash. Yeah they must act arrogant and brash when they're in the company of their fellow West African bros, who they don't respect and look down on them. PLS don't deny this because I've seen how Nigerians act and treat Ghanaians, Cameroonians and other West Africans in South Africa. Nigerians are not arrogant, rich people are the ones who're arrogant like the French and the Brits. How can you be arrogant while you're poor. Nigerians are just a bunch of attention seeking black people who act as if they're the custodians of black pride. As long as they don't stop their illicit behavior, the Chinese, Europeans will continue to buthcer them.

This is not an attack on Nigerians but the truth.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by tunjilal(m): 6:53am On Oct 12, 2008
The death of the deceased is highly regretted. I pray that the God Almighty forgives him and i wish his family will have the fortitude to bear the loss.
Having said that, i am really impressed to know that some well learned Nigerians are still all about the truth. And i wish to commend their effort and strenght for saying the truth about Nigerians altitude in the Asian countries. We need to look inward and ask ourselve why is it us and stop asking the high commission or embassies to protect criminals. No civilised nation or country will allow his mission to be used as a criminal hideout. The embassies and high commissions are there to protect the rights of genuine citizens of NIgeria not the citizens that go about making life tough for innocent Nigerians.
And i would like to also let people in this forum know that this issue is not perculiar to asian countries only. You be suprised to know that a lots of Nigerians are in jail in countries that are much more economically poorer than Nigerian like Sudan. Are you suprised? They are there for the usual offences of drug traficking and other related crimes. Well it is the truth, thank God that some Sudanese are black so it is not easy to differentiate them from a Nigerian. But the moment you tell them you are a Nigeria the usual looks comes on their face.
I hope we will have a change in mind. With this altitude i doubt if we can ever accept that we are bad and we need to change.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2008
nonesense

how come the same dnt apply to the Arabs for their blowing up people?

Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China.
« #27 on: October 01, 2008, 03:14 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cannot exexoneratehe chChineserom being racists.
Some of them sometimes even discriminate against white men, fiFilipinoskoKoreansnd their worst enemies are Japanese. But that of the black man got so bad due to the distrust niNigeriansave created in china. I would likely do the same if i were them.

But to be fair to some of the racist chChinesemost of them are just "ignorant racist". Imagine being brought up with stories of how black men kill each other on daily basis just like in niNigeriahow Africa is impoverished even with enormous resources at her disposal, how women and children are raped on daily basis, how we have had access to the white man for a long time yet we could put anything to practice, not even copy. All these stories are actually backed up by live pictures from various media houses.
The case that really confirms the sad situation is when these niNigeriansome here and begin to do exactly what the CNN and BBC have just shown on the  TV.
Recently, one of my neighbours walked up to me and said that she has always been afraid of two set of people in this world and they are: the black man and a white man with tattoo, but after coming in contact with 2 of us, it was now clear to her that people are the same all over the world. She said she used to be terrified with the kind of news she hears about these set of people especially the black man.

Types of racists:

1. Hater/open racist: KKK, Nation of Islam, Skinheads; they are usually very violent and they tell you to your face how much they hate you. Can be found in western countries and no trace in china.

2. Hidden racists: Due to hypocrisy on the fight against racism, most westerners can be said to hidden racists. Can be found in work places.

3. Ignorant racists: Due to what a particular race has done to you or beloved one or what you have heard about a particular race; one tends to distance himself from these set of people. Mostly found in china.

each time u talk here u make me sick, u make this superman sick!!! what are you on about? i mean damn what are u on about for god sake!! are the Chinese any better, u are talking about gangsters, child-trtrafficking Chinese student just got murder by their own in UK last couple of months in their flat, police still looking for the vampire, selling poisonous baby food etc i mean there are just too numerous if I'm allowed to go on! who are u fooling in china, u better come back to Nigeria and see what u can offer.damn !!! nonesense!!!!! Chinese people burning down their fellow Chinese restaurant in Scotland! my friend stop it right there, enff plsssssssss

are the Chinese government any better, hell no, hey the world has not forgetten about that massacre of the Chinese student hahh, please stop, plsssssssssss, what about all the beating not to mention? and again what this superman dnt seemed to undertsand is, every now and then the Nigerians heard about china, but what they dnt seemed to know, if the western opens up their border to the Chinese people, u will be amased to see the fllooding of the Chinese to Europe? wonder why? who is fooling who? the same goes with the so called India? u think we dnt know, just less than 30% of indians are comfortable middle class,

as for MPELE dnt think i will waste my time on south Africa shooting, raping, gang-run, and drugs now, capitalising in any chance that comes ur way will do u no good!! the media here feed us stuff from your kingdom

and if any one is ignorant its all those people that came up with stupid replies in this one!! if they choose to keep killing nigerians, well Nigerians in Nigeria might have to set an example for them, just kill one of them in Nigeria. shikena

MAY THE SOUL OF THE DEAD BROTHER RIP AMEN

VERY STUPID NIGERIANS< VERY VERY VERY STUPID

bloody fools and idoits for real!! damn hmm
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 10:16am On Oct 12, 2008

Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China.
« #36 on: Today at 06:53:55 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The death of the deceased is highly regretted. I pray that the God Almighty forgives him and i wish his family will have the fortitude to bear the loss.
Having said that, i am really impressed to know that some well learned Nigerians are still all about the truth. And i wish to commend their effort and strenght for saying the truth about Nigerians altitude in the Asian countries. We need to look inward and ask ourselve why is it us and stop asking the high commission or embassies to protect criminals. No civilised nation or country will allow his mission to be used as a criminal hideout. The embassies and high commissions are there to protect the rights of genuine citizens of NIgeria not the citizens that go about making life tough for innocent Nigerians.
And i would like to also let people in this forum know that this issue is not perculiar to asian countries only. You be suprised to know that a lots of Nigerians are in jail in countries that are much more economically poorer than Nigerian like Sudan. Are you suprised? They are there for the usual offences of drug traficking and other related crimes. Well it is the truth, thank God that some Sudanese are black so it is not easy to differentiate them from a Nigerian. But the moment you tell them you are a Nigeria the usual looks comes on their face.
I hope we will have a change in mind. With this altitude i doubt if we can ever accept that we are bad and we need to change.

like i always say courtesy to this platform hhahha, let the nigerians back home have their say!!

now for now ha, let me just gwan like i take no notice of ruwanda and the beatiful and sexy sudanese??

hahhha hha oh well me gone
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2008
ikeyman00:

nonesense

how come the same dnt apply to the Arabs for their blowing up people?

each time u talk here u make me sick, u make this superman sick!!! what are you on about? i mean damn what are u on about for god sake!! are the Chineser any better, u are talking about gangsters, child-trtrafficking Chinese student just got murder by their own in UK last couple of months in their flat, police still looking for the vampire, selling poisonous baby food etc i mean there are just too numerous if I'm allowed to go on! who are u fooling in china, u better come back to Nigeria and see what u can offer.damn !!! nonesense!!!!! Chinese people burning down their fellow Chinese restaurant in Scotland! my friend stop it right there, enff plsssssssss

are the Chinese government any better, hell no, hey the world has not forgetten about that massacre of the Chinese student hahh, please stop, plsssssssssss, what about all the beating not to mention? and again what this superman dnt seemed to undertsand is, every now and the Nigerians heard about china, but what they dnt seemed to know, if the western opens up their border to the Chinese people, u will be amased to see the fllooding of the Chinese to Europe? wonder why? who is fooling who? the same goes with the so called India? u think we dnt know, just less than 30% of indians are comfortable middle class,

as for MPELE dnt think i will waste my time on south Africa shooting, raping, gang-run, and drugs now, capitalising in any chance that comes ur way will do u no good!! the media here feed us stuff from your kingdom

and if any one is ignorant its all those people that came up with stupid replies in this one!! if they choose to keep killing nigerians, well Nigerians in Nigeria might have to set an example for them, just kill one of them in Nigeria. shikena

MAY THE SOUL OF THE DEAD BROTHER RIP AMEN

VERY STUPID NIGERIANS< VERY VERY VERY STUPID

bloody fools and idoits for real!! damn hmm

Fortunately or unfortunately for me, the only thing i could grab from your post is that most nigerians are stupid and i do agree with you on that.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 10:51am On Oct 12, 2008
nuzo
Fortunately or unfortunately for me, the only thing i could grab from your post is that most nigerians are stupid and i do agree with you on that

finally finally the honourable CHINESE ASSOCIATE or convert

it because u listen to chinese english, learn how to read queens englo soorrriii-ndo

how much stupidity can u display

na woo
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2008
ikeyman00:

nuzo

finally finally the honourable CHINESE ASSOCIATE or convert

it because u listen to chinese english, learn how to read queens englo soorrriii-ndo

how much stupidity can u display

na woo

Far lesser than you have displayed in your entire in-comprehensive posts on nairaland. tongue

I will still take your advice on taking the outdated "queen's" english language lessons. grin
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 11:34am On Oct 12, 2008
Far lesser than you have displayed in your entire in-comprehensive posts on nairaland.

I will still take your advice on taking the outdated "queen's" english language lessons.

what comprehension!! u bloody jumbo-mumbo poster!!! ha
hey can't even picture anything funni now, dnt console yourself with some feign assumement!!

drop that chinese english and return to nigeria

let me help u out hoooo heehhe hahhhah

stupid fellow!
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by samparian(m): 3:25am On Oct 13, 2008
Nuzo,
i've got a question for you my brother. i've read everything you've writen about this topic and i think you're baised.( no offence meant). you say that Nigerians are the cause of all their problems in China. I believe that every country has its own percentage of bad ass people. i've been to lots of countries in Afica and asia on business and i'll tell you that as a black man in asia, you'll be discriminated against somehow. I was in Hong Kong in 2000 and i wanted to buy a cam corder in Kowloon district and after we had agreed on the price, they asked if i was American, and i said no, that i was african. they refused to sell it to me and said it wasnt meant for the African market. I was really pissed off and i voiced it out. They still refused to sell it but showed me other models that "were meant for the African market".
If you're a Nigerian and you find your self in Ghana or Togo, even Benin Republic, they'll treat you as a secong class citizen.
Any crime committed in Ghana by persons unknown is quickly blamed on a Nigerian unless the culprit is found. I've spent time in Ghana as a production assistant to various movie producers from Nigeria who shoot movies in Ghana, so i know what i'm talking about.
You're a Nigerian and you live in China, are you also bad?
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Kobojunkie: 4:49am On Oct 13, 2008
samparian:

Nuzo,
i've got a question for you my brother. i've read everything you've writen about this topic and i think you're baised.( no offence meant). you say that Nigerians are the cause of all their problems in China. I believe that every country has its own percentage of bad ass people. i've been to lots of countries in Afica and asia on business and i'll tell you that as a black man in asia, you'll be discriminated against somehow. I was in Hong Kong in 2000 and i wanted to buy a cam corder in Kowloon district and after we had agreed on the price, they asked if i was American, and i said no, that i was african. they refused to sell it to me and said it wasnt meant for the African market. I was really pissed off and i voiced it out. They still refused to sell it but showed me other models that "were meant for the African market".

I do have a question for you. Are you for certain that they were wrong in telling you the camera was not made for the African market?? I, myself have had companies like HP, Dell tell me they can not sell me certain products because they were not meant for the African market. How certain are you this this was discrimination and not just simple business contracts in play?
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by nguage(m): 5:05am On Oct 13, 2008
Its not just the Chinese and Europeans, the whole world is jealous of nigerians.  They hate the fact that we hold our heads high and don't conform to their image of a lazy, happy go lucky Tom. I know living is better than dying but the truth is I see myself in the shoes of the man in this thread, because I ask questions too. If a random security guard asks me for an ID card, I will ask why. Why would I ask why? Because I'm sure he wouldn't ask a white man for identification like he just asked me. People try to justify this racist behaviour by saying 'other Nigerians bleeped up,' prejudice is wrong no matter how justified you think you are. If 99 percent of Nigerians I've met are dissonest, I am still not justified in treating all Nigerians like crooks.

To those South Africans stirring up trouble in this thread, keep it going, keep staying at home, keep drinking to stupor, keep kissing the white man's ass, most importantly keep living in denial. Nigerians are making money and getting educated, most of them do so to help our families at home, once we are done making money, we go back home and the next generation is greater than the preceeding one. Slowly but surely, Nigeria would be the greatest place in the world. Probably not in the next 90 years but one of these days, the South African would still be drunk and begging for help while he's getting enslaved again.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Mpele(m): 8:35am On Oct 13, 2008
@ N guage

LOL! The reason we don't travel much is that we like our country so much. The thought of leaving my good old Suid Afrika gives me depression. In America there is no Rugby so i'll bored. In Britain the rugby is not as good as South Africa's. By the way all the things that the Americans and the British have, we also have them here. What's the reason of going to London when I have Cape Town.

Stop the f**%$ crap of saying Nigerians like to travel for fun. You're escaping your fourth world, fillthy, dustbin called Nigeria. Like all those neighbours of yours, nothing works there.

Oh by the way on the issue of us licking white people assess, shame! you don't know, these days whites are licking our assess.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 13, 2008
samparian:

Nuzo,
If you're a Nigerian and you find your self in Ghana or Togo, even Benin Republic, they'll treat you as a secong class citizen.
Any crime committed in Ghana by persons unknown is quickly blamed on a Nigerian unless the culprit is found. I've spent time in Ghana as a production assistant to various movie producers from Nigeria who shoot movies in Ghana, so i know what i'm talking about.
You're a Nigerian and you live in China, are you also bad?

Hope you are not mistaking the word "most" with "all" nigerians? Like i said before in my previous posts, a sizeable number of nigerians are really doing us proud here with their genuine businesses and deals.

As regards to the misunderstanding you had in HK, it could be racist but to the best of my knowledge, electronic products built for american consumers does not work in nigeria and most african countries because of the voltage. Language barrier might have been the course of this misunderstanding.
Race is definately the last thing on the mind of the chinese when it comes to business. I mean, how could they have asked you whether you were an american, knowing that you are black? It would be reasonable if you say they discriminated against where you came from and not your race.

I will also not deny the fact that they pay extra attention to americans, whether you are blue or green. Maybe, this is because of their ability to pay for goods without bargaining.

Finally, i still maintain that nigerians are the cause of their woes here as they are always looking for ways to manipulate the system. Nigerians are the only africans that can't have their biz visas extended here, except lately when ghanians followed suit because the chinese govt found out that nigerians were using ghanian passports.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2008
hahhah u cant be serious!!

tay ta ta ta tan wan haaa im learning chinese
oh well
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by presido1: 10:46am On Oct 13, 2008
nuzo:

As regards to the misunderstanding you had in HK, it could be racist but to the best of my knowledge, [b]electronic products built for american consumers does not work in Nigeria and most African countries because of the voltage. [/b]
Are u trying to tell me that you have not seen tokumbo electronics sent to Nigeria from US?. OK even if he is from Africa, can't an African man live in US?
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2008
presido1:

Are u trying to tell me that you have not seen tokumbo electronics sent to Nigeria from US?. OK even if he is from Africa, can't an African man live in US?

I'm not in defence of anybody here. I wanted to make it clear that communication could have been the cause of the misunderstanding as chinese usually shy away if they dont understand english language.
However, i cannot imagine an average chinese bizman being racist when it comes to making the best out of his business, NEVER, thats if you know the chinese well.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ikeyman00(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
eyea

na ur papa tell u that one!

dubious!

presido save your time, np mind de fool
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by morpheus24: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2008
Mpele:

@ N guage

LOL! The reason we don't travel much is that we like our country so much. The thought of leaving my good old Suid Afrika gives me depression. In America there is no Rugby so i'll bored. In Britain the rugby is not as good as South Africa's. By the way all the things that the Americans and the British have, we also have them here. What's the reason of going to London when I have Cape Town.

Stop the f**%$ crap of saying Nigerians like to travel for fun. You're escaping your fourth world, fillthy, dustbin called Nigeria. Like all those neighbours of yours, nothing works there.

Oh by the way on the issue of us licking white people assess, shame! you don't know, these days whites are licking our assess.

The reason you don't travel much is because during apatheid those fools brainwashed you into thinking South Africa was the only civilised place on this planet. When animals are kept in cages for a significant portion of their lives if you eventually free them they will quickly run back into those cages not knowing what the concept of freedom is cause their poor minds have been enslaved far too long for them to realize the difference. Thats why your people are infected with xenophobicolisis.

From the words of the DR. DRE , and I am paraphrasing here "When animals are let out cages, its dangerous to people who look like strangers"
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by nguage(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2008
Mpele:

@ N guage

If Nigeria is fourth world then the rest of Africa must be 9000th world. The reason we leave our country is yes, partly to escape poverty, but mostly to make money and get another brand of education. But a lot of South African blacks are poor too, and the sad thing is most of them think they can drink away the poverty. LOL at how short sighted a lot of your people are. The soccer in America isn't as good as the soccer in Nigeria, and you don't even want me to start about the weather either, but my reason for staying here is to get some knowledge. Hopefully my knowledge will end up helping my country in the future. Keep drinking and let's see how that helps black South Africans.

Let's talk about schools too, Nigerians are kicking asses like we kick soccer balls, all around the world. Most South Africans are kissing asses. Keep thinking the whites are kissing your ass by providing the lazy and non-enlightened ones with more booze, giving the hardworking but  non-enlightened ones menial jobs, and helping the few ones that want to learn with affirmative action. Delusions!

You know another reason South Africans don't travel? Most countries have rules regarding the immigration of HIV positive individuals. Stay in your country and enjoy your HIV positivity if that's what you call progress.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by manmustwac(m): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2008
A nigerian businessman has just died in China. He succumbed to severe head injuries he sustained at the hands of security men who beat him with iron rods on 26th september. He is presently in the motuary now and nigerians in china are demonstrating. The embassy is keeping quiet about it. please post this to everyone on your messenger. NIGERIA and The world must hear

I just got the above message as an offline in my yahoo messenger so i thought i'd paste it here
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by samparian(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2008
thanks bro for posting it. i applaud you.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by SamMilla1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2008
The Chinese Consul General in Lagos at the weekend said a 28-year-old Nigerian who died in China on Tuesday fell on a staircase contrary to allegations that Chinese security men killed him.

In a follow-up to its response to Daily Sun’s query published on Friday, the Consulate General spokesperson Mao Yizong said local authorities in Guangzhou, China have said Ojide John Ekene fell on the staircase of Yulong building as he tried to run to urinate, adding that in the process he got a heavy hit on his head. Mao, however, did not elaborate.

"We have contacted the local authority in Guangzhou and got the report of this case according to the records provided by many parties. The fact is: September 25th, Ojide John Ekene wanted to urinate somewhere inside Yulong building but had been refused by the security men of the company. The two parties quarreled for a while before Ojide chose to run to answer nature’s call in the D exit of Sanyuanli metro station. Unfortunately, he fell on the staircase and got a heavy hit on his head."

What happened thereafter. Mao says somebody took Ojide to a nearby military hospital. "Then somebody took him to the military hospital nearby but the two weeks treatment given him could not save his life. He passed on October. 8th".

Mao says the management of Yulong building was responsible for payment of Ojide’s medical bill. "That afternoon, Ojide’s relatives gathered for mourning and demanded to know the truth about his death. They held talks with the Nigerian Chamber of Commerce in Guangzhou, represented by Mr Ojukwu Emma and the Chinese police and immigration officials."

According to Mao, the relatives of Ojide "left after getting the report including Ojide’s death certificate," while "the management of Yulong building paid all the medical fees on moral basis." It will be recalled that Daily Sun’s source in China had earlier said Chinese security men killed Ojide after he was clubbed with heavy iron rods as he tried to urinate where they were on duty.

"There was a mild exchange of words between the security men and Ojide over where or not to urinate. The security men objected to his urge to answer ‘nature’s call,’ while "abusing him and calling him derogatory names," the source said.

The incident occurred around the subway to the metro station in Lihua Sanyuanli, near Dragon Hotel in China. According to our source, Ojide was descending the steps leading to the subway metro station to look for another place to urinate when the security men rushed him and began to beat him. He was "hit on the head with heavy iron battens, knocking him to the ground in a pool of his own blood.

"Ekene was rushed to the intensive care unit of a military hospital near China hotel in Lihua Lu where doctors tried to save his life by draining blood from his already battered skull.” The incident was said to have triggered off a wave of anger and sorrow among Nigerians resident in China.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ALUSI: 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2008
The story i read here isnt what happened.The incident took place near Dragon hotel a popular hotel where nigerian businessmen use to lodge,in sanyuali district of Guangzhou.The guy was hit by the security man at back of the head because he was urinating where he's not suppose to urinate,in open public.It wasnt issue of visa or passport.This same sanyuali,is notorious place for ibo men.The popular Igboezue joint is located there.Nigerian have no regards in this place,due to there bad behaviours(fighting,stabbing,noisy gathering, ).

About a week after the murder of the nigerian by chinese,there are other murder cases of nigerians killing nigerians in Nanhai(a neighbouring city of guangzhou),and Hengfu road in Guangzhou.There are many stabbing cases,robbery,fighting.Other common crimes are rape,dating someones wife,fucking ashawo without payment.Lets not forget that despite strict narcotic laws in china,nigerians are smoking indian hemp a.k.a marijuana in the public.If you doubt go to Canaan market area located in guangyuan xi lu off sanyuali.

Illiteracy is major problems of nigerians in china.I have seen many boys who cant write there names well,or speak a simple english,still they claim to be americans.I once heard a guy telling a girl he came from canada in europe.Many have died in China,they die day by day from drug related cases.Some drug explodes in there stomach they die and abodoned in there apartment.China is wonderful place to live if you OBEY THE LAW.Nobody disturb on passport,or visa if you keep away from trouble.Chinese people are nice and friendly,if you understand them.Police start to check visa when crimes are committed.

In most cases the people that are caught in visa or passport are innocent people,because all the drug guys have passport and visa.They are always ready to escape the country once there are trouble.They're the once thats go to clubs,nightlife.They are the ones that pay $300 to Bleep russian gilrs per night.They are friends of the police.They have enough money to maintain there passports.The poor hard working guys that are here to hussle can hardly afford $1000USD to extend 3months visa.Its enough money for him to start sending goods(mobile phone,clothes,etc) back home.The first rule of selling drug in china is have a valid visa and passport.

There are good nigerians in Guangzhou.Not all nigerians are bad.I dont support the killing of nigerian by chinese guard,no matter what the guy did.Whether him dey piss,or shit for road,dem for allow am finish.The chinese guard should be sentence to death according to chinese law.May the gentle soul of our departed brother rest in peace Amen.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 14, 2008
This guy lives right in the heart of the city.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by lucabrasi(m): 10:50pm On Oct 14, 2008
@poster
the chinese can be really wicked,and racist saw an evidence of something similar in no less a place but london, a nigerian man and his wife had an argument about parking spaces with their neighbour a chinese restaurant and a scuffle ensued between them,in the twinkle of an eye like 10 or so chinese came out with diffrent kinds of cuttlass and fish knives and hacked the man to pieces,the ambulance ppl couldnt pick the guy up to place him on the stretcher because he was literally in pieces,its a miracle the guy is alive butthey never found the eople that actually did this.

this is sad but true,as long as our government put politics over the welfare of nigerians and would rather send politicians who dont know their left from their right instead of career diplomats who have risen through the ranks, these kind of incidents will keep on repeating itself all round the world, its really sad ut all one can say is that the man rest in perfect peace sad
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 15, 2008
One thing is very clear in china; respect the law and you are a VIP. Find out from anybody who live in china.
The chinese in mainland china are one of the most peaceful people i have ever come across. They are quiet different from the ones that live abroad.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by ALUSI: 6:15am On Oct 15, 2008
Every country,race,have good and bad people.Afterall we supported bakassi boys in using matchetes to kill criminals and burn them to ashes.Which other country in the world have such justice.Zamfara state that implemented sharia never cut off a head(igbos lamented alot when sharia was implemented).How many heads did bakassi boys cut? countless! How many did sharia cut in zamfara state? None.90% of nigerians in china are igbos.In china,there is no bakassi(except the recent igbo cult boys that rob and stab),no police stop-n-search,no army/police with AK-47 at check points,no prison-like buglari proofs at shops,no shooting,no hooliganism,no one-chance,no touts at bus stop.

Nigerians lacks respect only in Guangzhou(nigerian people business area).Nigerians in China is far less than 0.00001% of chinese population.Most of nigerians in guangzhou have triangular movements:home - market(sanyuali,guanyuan xi lu) / club - home.Nigerians are still welcomed outside this market areas excluding police,and house agent people that are within notorious nigerian resident districts.We have to show love to ourselves before we should expect somebody to love us.How do you expect chinese to respect us,while we dont respect ourselves.Some work police undercover,for a price of peanut,to help arrest those that there visa has expired.Some boast of police contacts.We tell chinese girls our brother visa have expired.
Chinese will hardly call a police,when there is minor misunderstanding between nigerian and chinese,we call 110 first.At the end,we lament why we lose the case.

We're not the only country residents in guangzhou.Why do we attract such attention.We should repect ourselves.Most of us here have shops,offices,restaurants with expired visa.The guy that was killed in nigerian restaurant in nanhai wasnt killed by chinese.He was brutally murdered by fellow nigerians.Lets be positive about this country,and its people.They're good to us.The reason why they stopped visa extension was from us.Go to china customs at beijing or guangzhou airport you will see hundreds of pictures of nigerians arrested with drugs.
China police should stop arresting innocent boys that are living on expired visa.Condition of living in china made it that you hardly see a nigerian that lives here 4years without going home.These boys are from poor home with business experience,came here to raise capital for business,by sending goods home,while they sell and return money for them thereby saving on airline transport cost.The bad eggs that rob,stab and sell cracks should be eliminate.
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by Kobojunkie: 6:33am On Oct 15, 2008
ALUSI:

Every country,race,have good and bad people.Afterall we supported bakassi boys in using matchetes to kill criminals and burn them to ashes.Which other country in the world have such justice.Zamfara state that implemented sharia never cut off a head(igbos lamented alot when sharia was implemented).How many heads did bakassi boys cut? countless! How many did sharia cut in zamfara state? None.90% of nigerians in china are igbos.In china,there is no bakassi(except the recent igbo cult boys that rob and stab),no police stop-n-search,no army/police with AK-47 at check points,no prison-like buglari proofs at shops,no shooting,no hooliganism,no one-chance,no touts at bus stop.

Nigerians lacks respect only in Guangzhou(nigerian people business area).Nigerians in China is far less than 0.00001% of chinese population.Most of nigerians in guangzhou have triangular movements:home - market(sanyuali,guanyuan xi lu) / club - home.Nigerians are still welcomed outside this market areas excluding police,and house agent people that are within notorious nigerian resident districts.We have to show love to ourselves before we should expect somebody to love us.How do you expect chinese to respect us,while we don't respect ourselves.Some work police undercover,for a price of peanut,to help arrest those that there visa has expired.Some boast of police contacts.We tell chinese girls our brother visa have expired.
Chinese will hardly call a police,when there is minor misunderstanding between nigerian and chinese,we call 110 first.At the end,we lament why we lose the case.

We're not the only country residents in guangzhou.Why do we attract such attention.We should repect ourselves.Most of us here have shops,offices,restaurants with expired visa.The guy that was killed in nigerian restaurant in nanhai wasnt killed by chinese.He was brutally murdered by fellow nigerians.Lets be positive about this country,and its people.They're good to us.The reason why they stopped visa extension was from us.Go to china customs at beijing or guangzhou airport you will see hundreds of pictures of nigerians arrested with drugs.
China police should stop arresting innocent boys that are living on expired visa.Condition of living in china made it that you hardly see a nigerian that lives here 4years without going home.These boys are from poor home with business experience,came here to raise capital for business,by sending goods home,while they sell and return money for them thereby saving on airline transport cost.The bad eggs that rob,stab and sell cracks should be eliminate.

Excellent post!!! Thank you for being an HONEST Nigerian ! ! !
Re: A Nigerian Businessman Murdered In China. by samparian(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2008
Alusi, i thank you for your honesty in telling everything you know about China. I must agree that Nigerians are the cause of their problems and that majority of Nigerians in Guangzhou are uneducated small boys who dont know the first thing about life and living.
the fact still remains that Ekene was killed by security men, no matter what the chinese say. there are witnesses who will testify to that and there are pictures of his battered head to show that he didnt fall. May he rest in Peace.
I pray our people learn to respect the laws of china.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resume Of New Ig Md Abubakar / PDP Crisis: Jonathan, Aliyu, Lamido, Nyako Meet / 16 Permanent Secretaries Retire; FG Looking For Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.