Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja (11424 Views)

Price Of Getting A Driver's License In Lagos / New Plate Number And Driver's License / Getting a Driver's License in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 9:17am On Sep 27, 2008
Hey All,

I need some info on this. Can anyone recommend a good Driving school in Abuja? Preferably somewhere I can have an intense crash course. e.g. 2 weeks full time? and the exams?
And also the procedure for getting a license, how long does this take? And getting an International license?

Thanks for any recommendations! It's about time I learned to drive, :p
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by plappville(f): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2008
You think two weeks is enough to achieve a good driving result?? i know in Nigeria driving licenced is as easy to obtain as pure water, unlike here in the europe, befor u get ur driving licenced u must have driven 20hours minimus if u are that shape u might pass the text, and to pass the thory text umh!! u will sweat, i am a nigerian and i ve a nigeria driving licence which is not valid here, u can drive with it but mind u if u are cought u will pay a penalty. So u will be asked to study and obtain their own licence with which u can use it to drive all over the world as there is no cheating in the exam. Anyway i advice u to learn more than 2 weeks dont be in hast just take ur time never mind how much money or time it will cost u, for driving is not a child's play.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2008
Thanks!

Yes, I do know that there are a minimum no. of hours, that's why I was thinking of something like a "full-time course", if that even exists. Thinking of doing this during my vacation, 2-3weeks. (since I'll be "idle" during the daytime anyways)

And yes, I do know I'll have to get another license here, but I figured if I actually already knew how to drive, (having learned a bit at home where it's way cheaper), when I return I will only need as few (super-expensive) classes as possible to be allowed to take the test and then get a license. The classes + exams here is approx. 3000EUR, that really is a lot!

Thanks for any suggestions!

And anyone with recommendations, if you know about prices also, please let me know.

Cheers!
S.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by plappville(f): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2008
Seabreeze, I'm a bit confuzzled by your post.

Where are you living at present?
After i read your reply i was also confused of where u reside, do u mean u live in the europe but on vacation in nigeria?
The classes + exams here is approx. 3000EUR,
where explain better plz.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2008
Yes I do live in Europe and will be going to Naija on vacation this winter.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2008
oh, about 3000EUR in Denmark.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by plappville(f): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2008
Now i get ur point, u re right to have decided to under go some lesson while u will be on vacation in naija, this will help u spend less in Denmark to obtain their licence. Anyway i don't live in Abuja and i can't help in this area. Good luck.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 7:19pm On Sep 29, 2008
wow! seriously?? no one with info about Abuja driving schools?? sad
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Nobody: 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2008
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by skillmyman(m): 10:23pm On Sep 29, 2008
try AA rescue. it is intensive and they give a certificate.i cant really remember the area they are right now but i can get back to u later on it.
safe driving.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by skillmyman(m): 10:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
AA Rescue, ABUJA BRANCH 967, Ahmadu Bello Way Opposite Legislative Quarters Apo Abuja. 08025553333, 08025559999
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Seabreez15(f): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2008
Hey Siena, thanks but no thanks! :p family and friends are in Abuja so that's where I'll be staying.

@skillmyman: Thank you so much!!! That's the kind of thing I was looking for. As intensive a lesson as possible, even if I don't get a license afterwards. At least this way I'll only take as few lessons as possible once back here.

exactly my point, I can get 15 lessons in Naija for about 200EUR (according to the AA website: http://www.aarescuenigeria.net/driving_school.html) the same amount will barely get me 4 lessons here! again, thanks a zillion!

Thanks a lot! you guys are awesome! wink
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by 1Bishop(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2008
There are so many driving schools in Abuja. You can even decide to have a 'customized' session just for you. GARKI AREA 10 (opposite Defence Headquarters)hosts a lot of them. I just completed a 2-hour crash course 2 saturday ago. They have their methods and styles, which you can intelligently harness to suit your needs.
2-weeks is about NGN6,000 and 1 hr is about NGN2,000.00 (if you know how to drive before but just wants to perfect things). I may not be able to give you their GSM numbers here, since I don't have their permission to do so.

They'ld give you their certificate and can help you secure driving licence/learner's permit.

Good luck
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by benincitys(f): 3:01pm On Oct 02, 2008
any driving school in Edo state?
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by plappville(f): 8:10pm On Oct 02, 2008
Hey benincitys
  There  should be driving schools in  Benin you guys IDEAL of taking courses in naija is pretty wise, but dont go copy bad system there as this may count on u here. Because i am passing through hell here just to be able to pass my pratical text, during the lessons, MY monitor will tell me that i drive well, but the day of the text the inspector will disqualify me for his reasons, i ve failed THE EXAM two times. With my caculations i ve already spent 3120 euros without having it, HUBBY is not happy and adviced me to change school but i still belive i am good enough to pass it with my present school as they rea not the judge on the day of the exam. The thing is that, each time u fail, u will ve to reenrole with 80 euros and take some driving lessons while waiting to repass another exam, my last exams was an intentional act by the inspector, driving school in europe is a good bad business lolllllllssss. i just hope my third time will be my last time with them(operation get my driving licence)
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by benincitys(f): 12:58pm On Oct 03, 2008
i falled 2 theory exam in Spain than i stop , i want to do some practical in Nigerian come back to germany for a good driver school to get my driver license .
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by plappville(f): 10:37am On Oct 04, 2008
i falled 2 theory exam in Spain than i stop
Am not surprise at this, i was so lucky to ve passed my theory at the very first time, exam was set in frence, infact i thank god. do u learn theory in spanish or english there
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by benincitys(f): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2008
plappville:

Am not surprise at this, i was so lucky to ve passed my theory at the very first time, exam was set in frence, infact i thank god. do u learn theory in spanish or english there
teach with   Spanish and did the exam in English.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by lysaa(f): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2008
benincitys, how do u look at Edo state

I guess thats where u are from and wud prolly be staying in B/C when u get there. .

Edo state is not a village girl, they have most things u find in every happening State.

Guess u didnt put into consideration the way cars are brought into the country from Europe and most of them are sold in Edo state where u dont know if they have a driving schl undecided

U fall una ppl hand big time. lipsrsealed
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by lysaa(f): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2008
plus they got if not the highest, then close to the highest number of road transportation companies in nai.ja.

when u commot wey u forget ya place? lipsrsealed
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 13, 2015
If you've got a car and you need lessons plus running around for papers, feel free to call
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by mahobi: 3:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
perhaps if you get into lagos..
There's a driving institute at Newroad bus stop beside slot, before chevron. They are quite good and very cheap too. My brother learnt from there.
Re: Driving School + Driver's License In Abuja by mahobi: 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Someone told me about this website. http://drivingschool.com.ng

You can get more information about driving schools near you, that are cheap.

(1) (Reply)

Of Sludge, Wrecked Lower Bearings And Other Inconveniences / Can I Use My American Drivers Licence In Nigeria? / 10 Ways To Give Your Car Nice Treats This 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.